TW Gone Puff

DeletedUser8176

as i said previously as a few others have, it would have beem easier to freeze the game so attacks would still attack, and support would still be on there way once the game had been re started (fully working) as it is we are having issues such as above and previous posts

but santa isnt going to show????

oh hell!!!

drunk incharge of a sleigh, thats why rudolph had his red nose i take it?

DeletedUser

its 2 day in 2 years thats not a bad record
we dont know what happened i agree would have been good to have someone pop in and say why
for all we know the server could have melted and they could have run around building another and uploading
the backups on to a new server
i know we spend a long time planning opps and fakes to the point of setting alarms at stupid times
and some opps are planned weeks in advance with a gradual build up and it is frustrating
but sometimes things go wrong and with the best will in the world to fix them still takes time
look at it this way iv'e just found out i have a whole family living in another room of the house

one insists she is my wife and im having a DNA test done on the rest:icon_razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We had a player takes 4 villages from an enemy while the server was working,but cos the player squeeled like a girl,he got all 4 villages back.

DeletedUser

I'd like to remind everyone that we won't be handling game-support related issues here on the forum - they will be addressed in the support.

wreckless, apparently you were told to take up contact with the admin handling that case to sort out any unfairness. In many cases, the attacking players will also have their troops returned to them.

DeletedUser9174

I'm sorry but this is not a game support issue. This issue is effecting the whole server. so it should be discussed in the forum and we should be getting more feedback. I understand that Tracey has been away but i'm sure she is not the only Member of the Co.uk team. And for her to say she will reply personally to individual support tickets is still unfair, newer players may not think to put in a support ticket about lost villages or waisted troops.

The Solution to this problem in the interest of fairness cant only be beneficial to those that work the system. The system issues didn't only cause disadvantage to those that lost villages or those that had previously cleared targets stacked in the peace time.
Even the newer players to the world may have lost some of their BP, an as in this world even if you are on the rim you are still near some much more developed villages of people that have a fair head start. This would have been very detrimental to any player that relies on farming rather than mines for resources, many players dont build mines until all other buildings are built.

I am very upset on how this is being handled. The fact villages are being returned to the players who put in support requests but not all is just wrong. it is unfair to those that took villages, especially if sent a tight train before the issues started, lets face it not many can snipe a t-train from same village so is not being able to log on at the precise second valid reason to say they get the village back. It is especially unfair if their tribe mates/enemies get to keep the villages they took in that time frame.

It is also unfair to those that lost villages that dont think to put in a support ticket. Plus if you rely on dealing with individual support tickets the support team is going to be swamped and more people are going to get angry and it will be a few more days before it is all sorted out. The quickest and cleanest way to deal with it is a role back. If you cant do a role back (though i really dont see why you shouldn't be able to) then nothing should be reversed. It is unfair to reverse some things and not others. It would be better to say the issues are resolved. There is nothing we can do to repair the damadge done this time but here are the safe gaurds we are putting in place so if the servers crash again, noone should gain or lose an advantage. We could at least respect that.

DeletedUser1410

this has left me and other with a real hate of what has happened in the last few days, not only have villages been given back, and other strange things happening, I feel that because the Issue wasn't sorted the night it happened that the MODs let us and them selves down, this hasn't been handled how it should have been, it needed someone to say 'Close the servers until its sorted' or 'what ever happens from 10pm on all worlds will be roled back'
We had nothing like this.
Tracey comes back after a week away to this? I do feel sorry for you Tracey and maybe some more mods would help.

DeletedUser6695

Tw going to go poof again?

Servers are running sloooowww

DeletedUser

service is temporary not available (their bad English - not mine, message received whilst trying to look on the internal forums)

Is it all going wrong again?

DeletedUser4

[tt]Im sorry there was an attack on the server which caused the issues, we can only apologise for the troubles [/tt]

DeletedUser8468

Did you stack or snipe Tracey?

Ahem! I'll get my coat.....

DeletedUser

[tt]Im sorry there was an attack on the server which caused the issues, we can only apologise for the troubles [/tt]

I run on 60 meg cable and all websites are loading as fast as normal.
However, TW takes too long to load and in-game is at a snail's pace ... would really like to know how long we have to endure these slow speeds for?

The TW forum should be the first point of contact and an update here would be appreciated.

DeletedUser7848

aahhhh is it gunna happen again?!?!?!

and wat kind of attack?

DeletedUser9208

The lag is extremely bad. Think of all the new potential memberships you could be losing because of your poor feedback to the member base. SoE lost fans this way...

People are losing time on the game - time they may have paid for or earned in their free premium points from progressing.

I believe an announcement should be made to keep everyone in the loop. It is always much worse having angry customers shouting when they don't understand the problem, perhaps some would at least show support for your efferts to resolve the problem if they at least knew what it was...

I'm a project manager in real life. When it all goes wrong the best thing you can do is tell your customer and explain fully everything you are doing to put it right and to look after that customer. If you hide it and customers get angry it doesn't do anyone any good... If you let them know, you end up a hero of sorts... If you hide it, they may never trust you again or at least lose some faith in your ability.

DeletedUser4

[tt]Its very difficult to make an announcement as I as yet have not been told what is going on, all I know so far is a system admin is on his way to investigate, we are not the only server experiencing issues. When I know something I will let you know [/tt]