UK15 Settings

DeletedUser3312

In regards to the settings. I don't particularly care for details. I just like lots of barbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4083

Remember this is about discussing the possible settings of UK15. Don't go off-topic again.

DeletedUser8943

I think this would be deadly... albeit a bit mad.... but then again I'm a bit mad :p

General:

Game speed - 1
Unit speed - 1
No morale
No fake limit
Research system - Simple
Growing barbarian villages - Active (Up to 4000 points)
Bonus villages
Night bonus from 23:00 until 8:00 o'clock (I know this seems long but wait until the craziness :p )
Protection for beginners - 3 days
Max. ratio of attackers : defenders - Inactive
No flags

Units:
archers
paladin (advanced)
No militia
Noble System - Coins
Max Nobleman Distance - No Limit
Loyalty decrease per nobleman attack - 20-35
Loyalty increase per hour - 1

Configuration:
Tribe member limit - 50
Account sitting - Active
Account sitting restriction for permanent account sitting - Restricted sitter access after an account has been sat 30 days days within the last 30 days.
Free trade - Active, time restriction based on the start of the individual player (60 days)
Choice of starting direction - Active
Pre-registration - Active
Victory Requirements - OKAY THIS IS WHERE THE CRAZY COME IN....

HIGHLANDER TRIBALWARS........

HighlanderLambert.jpg

OKAY after a minimum period has expired..... THE QUICKENING HAPPENS!!!

What do I mean by this... That at some random moment after the minimum time has passed:

1) All Tribes are disbanded.....
2) All troops are returned to their home villages
3) You can't support anyone other than yourself
4) No Sitting is allowed!
5) THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

Basically now on most worlds, you have loads of tribes, slowly but surely weaker tribes either get destroyed or absorbed until you have 2 or 3 massive tribes slugging it out in a long drawn out final battle!

In Highlander Tribalwars, you build up in a tribal environment as per normal, but then BANG the world is completely opened up for mayham...

Do you carry on working with your tribesmates to take out your old enemies?
or
Do you team up with former enemies to take out weak players?
or
Do you try and take down that tribesmate that you thought may have been too big for their britches?

Do you build one solid block of villages so that you have a fortress when its free for all?
or
Do you not keep all your eggs in one basket and spread your territory over a wide area so one player or small group of players can't take you out in one swoop...

Do you keep to yourself to avoid becoming a target in 'the Quickening'?
or
Do you build up a fearsome reputation to scare off people thinking of coming after you?

I reckon despite being a free for all at the end, it would force more interaction. You'd have to build up a repoire with friends and enemies alike, because in the end game you might have to work with or face off against anyone... because in the end, remember....

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

DeletedUser9598

Im sure you post this idea on every new world settings thread lol would be interesting i must admit but i cant see it ever happening

DeletedUser11305

Also I think there should be NO CHURCH!, These are just annoying to build. Or all churchs abolished after 30-50 days. This means whole tribes cant team in start up, but in late game, you dont have to worry about newly taken villages

DeletedUser4753

Churchs are fine as long as other settings arnt also slowing a world down.

I think whilst we all have ideal settings be nice to see a low barb size world, so plenty for farmers to have fun with but, make them all <300 or somat, that way barb nobling isnt effective at all and should see more player on player action.

DeletedUser3312

I think this would be deadly... albeit a bit mad.... but then again I'm a bit mad :p

General:

Game speed - 1
Unit speed - 1
No morale
No fake limit
Research system - Simple
Growing barbarian villages - Active (Up to 4000 points)
Bonus villages
Night bonus from 23:00 until 8:00 o'clock (I know this seems long but wait until the craziness :p )
Protection for beginners - 3 days
Max. ratio of attackers : defenders - Inactive
No flags

Units:
archers
paladin (advanced)
No militia
Noble System - Coins
Max Nobleman Distance - No Limit
Loyalty decrease per nobleman attack - 20-35
Loyalty increase per hour - 1

Configuration:
Tribe member limit - 50
Account sitting - Active
Account sitting restriction for permanent account sitting - Restricted sitter access after an account has been sat 30 days days within the last 30 days.
Free trade - Active, time restriction based on the start of the individual player (60 days)
Choice of starting direction - Active
Pre-registration - Active
Victory Requirements - OKAY THIS IS WHERE THE CRAZY COME IN....

HIGHLANDER TRIBALWARS........

HighlanderLambert.jpg

OKAY after a minimum period has expired..... THE QUICKENING HAPPENS!!!

What do I mean by this... That at some random moment after the minimum time has passed:

1) All Tribes are disbanded.....
2) All troops are returned to their home villages
3) You can't support anyone other than yourself
4) No Sitting is allowed!
5) THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

Basically now on most worlds, you have loads of tribes, slowly but surely weaker tribes either get destroyed or absorbed until you have 2 or 3 massive tribes slugging it out in a long drawn out final battle!

In Highlander Tribalwars, you build up in a tribal environment as per normal, but then BANG the world is completely opened up for mayham...

Do you carry on working with your tribesmates to take out your old enemies?
or
Do you team up with former enemies to take out weak players?
or
Do you try and take down that tribesmate that you thought may have been too big for their britches?

Do you build one solid block of villages so that you have a fortress when its free for all?
or
Do you not keep all your eggs in one basket and spread your territory over a wide area so one player or small group of players can't take you out in one swoop...

Do you keep to yourself to avoid becoming a target in 'the Quickening'?
or
Do you build up a fearsome reputation to scare off people thinking of coming after you?

I reckon despite being a free for all at the end, it would force more interaction. You'd have to build up a repoire with friends and enemies alike, because in the end game you might have to work with or face off against anyone... because in the end, remember....

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

/Approves.

DeletedUser

Love the idea of a Last-Man-Standing world. It would probably be a very fast world, would almost eliminate barb munching, sounds really fun.
The politics would almost be removed, but there would be more personal-level politics, a lot of backstabbing and maybe a few unexpected alliances.

With UK being a fairly small server I think this could attract some new faces :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

i wAs thinking about going to play on this with my team. So i wouldn't like these settings at all

DeletedUser

General:

Game speed - 1
Unit speed - 1......

bla

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

good idea - as a basic concept in combination with a ban on PP cheating would be great. Might get me to play another world....

slight change: barb to a max of 1k / morale timebased to 51%

DeletedUser10790

well, i assume now that yhe world wont start on the 20th feb! any updates on this?

blue

DeletedUser9062

Do you think there will ever be or maybe there has been a world where it had a no restarts and closing of the world date decided from the start of the world. I think this might make the middle game more competitive knowing for sure that any player you rim will be definitely gone from that world. I know that this date would have to be after the start of a new server or innogames will lose money but would still be nice to have it fairly early on before there are only a few tribes left. Also I foresee this as more of a one off feature than having it in every world.

DeletedUser10790

darkcastleking said:
middle game more competitive knowing for sure that any player you rim will be definitely gone from that world

IMO this would make no difference. By mid-game if you get rimmed you're not gonna restart on a UK world This can be done with success on .net, but the UK server (now a-days) is too small for a mid-game starter to have any real success.

blue

DeletedUser4753

depends on player ability imo, if a player is better than the most of the top 20 in a world it is t as hard as it seems to catch them up even 4-5 months late.
a mate of mine started on w13 3 months late and within 2 month are looking to break top 20.

thiers usually 1 or 2 players on a world who unless the world is longer or you start similar time you wont catch them.
take haphaz on w13, she can be caught eve. by someone with 1 million,but not sure thier is time left in the server.for anyone outside top 20 to reel her in.
but yea unless ur unlucky o. ur restart and targetted one can progress well enough.

DeletedUser11705

this would be a kickass world!
Speed 2,

Unit Speed 2 unit speed should ALWAYS be the same as the speed!
Morale time based for first 3 months,
Coins,
Paladin no weapons,
No archers,
No militia,
40 tribe member limit,
No fake limit,
No churches,
No farm rule,
Hauls as normal,
Small Barbarian villages (500 pts tops?) no bonus villages,
3 days BP,
Victory is 100% domination.

DeletedUser

this would be a kickass world!
Speed 2,

Unit Speed 2 unit speed should ALWAYS be the same as the speed!
Morale time based for first 3 months,
Coins,
Paladin no weapons,
No archers,
No militia,
40 tribe member limit,
No fake limit,
No churches,
No farm rule,
Hauls as normal,
Small Barbarian villages (500 pts tops?) no bonus villages,
3 days BP,
Victory is 100% domination.

So unit speed would be 4 with 3 days BP?

Very similar to mine though. But I'd change unit speed to 0.5 or 1

DeletedUser11705

I copied your's and made 1 change.
I think most players would like to see one of our settings on w.16 ;)