Version 8 Planning ~ Your input

DeletedUser7369

LOOOOL.yeah he has. he tends to get any sit that gets major incoming and sort it out before giving it back when he has sorted it.

DeletedUser

He can play better than you.

Cool - Maybe he can, Maybe he can't.

But the thing is, I have a brilliant idea for you:
Maybe instead of being a fanboi you should get some actual IG skill yourself <3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

from what you say, tagging quickly is not a skill, more someone who knows how to programme a browser better than your average person, who doesn't know how to do that

I am happy with the speed I can Tag at, but I know others struggle with it.

I am not the first to suggest this, so obviously others agree with it.

and seriously, looking at the stats, that player that can play better than me, just got a village nobled by silentwarrior on W10 :lol:

mind you he got rank 1 on a world for at least a day, in the first week, he must be awesome :icon_rolleyes:

... I must say, that as one of the players on the account that I had no idea what you were talking about. I had to check twstats for my own account to see what you were talking about.

55:10 Siro (508|518) K55 4,312 Solipsist [Fame.] Silentwarrior [W.A.R] 2011-10-20 09:36:47
55:10 Siro (508|518) K55 4,336 Solipsist [Fame.] Solipsist [Fame.] 2011-10-20 08:09:43
55:10 Siro (508|518) K55 4,336 Solipsist [Fame.] Solipsist [Fame.] 2011-10-20 08:09:43
55:10 Siro (508|518) K55 4,336 Barbarian Solipsist [Fame.] 2011-10-20 08:09:42

I'm not sure whether it shows narrow minded ignorance, or simply blatant carelessness, that you based a player skill based on a crossnobling attempt on a village that just went barb.

As for the feature, I personally see it as too much of a serving on a silver platter. Part of the strategy of the game is fooling around with different attack speeds and times, to try and throw off the opponent. By automatically tagging, you ultimately wipe out a hefty amount of the challenge that goes into the game (not that it is much of a challenge already).
It gives the players no incentive to improve and figure out how to defend and tag properly.

This game has existed before the introduction of iPhones, iPads, and all other versions of accessible, mobile internet. It's not as if the game is -supposed- to be catered to those needs. It's a game which requires a lot of clicking, hence players should simply be aware that while the smartphones and the likes do make this game a whole lot more convenient, they're not intended to -replace- it's current platform.

Edit: and as for the second jab at the account of the one:
Ranking
(1.|196 P) - 8am, 24/8/2011 <--- when it first reached rank 1. And apart from immediately post stables when LC were being focused on, and right into nobling (where the account was the last one in the top 20 with only one village, before it dropped out to rank 21.)
Ranking history. The recent drop is due to an innactivity level that would make most people give up on a world.
I hope you enjoyed your few minutes of virtual superiority.

I just want to note, I am a player with a practically nonexistant expressed ego. I've had a bit of a rough day with other matters, and your post managed to spark some of it again, so I appologize for my out of character outburst.
And just to make it clear, the one is the better player of the two of us, so his influence on the account isn't inconsequential.

DeletedUser6695

Zard is a good player, someone so much inferior to him should not be suggesting he is a poor player

And you would know, how?

I agree with Chubbs, an auto-tagger would certainly raise the enjoyment that people get out of this 'game'.

People tend to base assumption on past worlds and how well they have done, Mattcurr is a far superior player going on his track record.

DeletedUser6695

Matt > Chubbs...

I wasnt aware that telling the truth was trolling

DeletedUser

It is trolling when the ability of said players has nothing to do with the subject in question.

Suggestions for v8....

DeletedUser6695

Do you understand the meaning of trolling?

And just to keep on topic then...I have no suggestions for v8 but I like the look of the new reports

DeletedUser

Matt > Chubbs...

I wasnt aware that telling the truth was trolling

People tend to base assumption on past worlds and how well they have done, Mattcurr is a far superior player going on his track record.

can you point me too this superior record (on .uk), I couldn't care if someone is better than me or not, as this is not the point of this thread, but bored of hearing how great players with no back up

DeletedUser

mind you, compared to matt I suck...but
UK5
UK10
UK7 (I think :S)
UK6 (or 8, i don't recall which, but one)

I've played rank one accounts. Try harder.

As for suggestion, it still isn't a good idea.

And you would know, how?

I agree with Chubbs, an auto-tagger would certainly raise the enjoyment that people get out of this 'game'.
I know matt's track record, and unless chubbs has played every uk world, and been top 3 on all of them (hint: he hasn't), he doesn't compare.

DeletedUser

Man I wish I could get passwords for so many multi coplayed rank 1 accounts and claim to be superior to so many.

Chubbs is an awesome player and a top guy, anyone suggesting otherwise is quite frankly stupid and ignorant.

A suggestion has been made that could help the average player, what is wrong with making suggestions that could help the average player? After all they make up the masses, provide the bulk of the funding, and with a declining user base anything to help maintain or improve that can't really be all that bad.

If the answer is not auto tagging but writing opera guides then write one, if it prevents what you would percieve as a bad upgrade it might prevent the upgrade from being considered or implemented.

If you cant be bothered to add anything to a conversation then why are you guys bothering to post at all. Other of course than to troll.

And yes CF I understand the meaning of trolling courtesy of wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This is a suggestion thread, not a rate the player thread, therefore off topic, and inflmmatory.

DeletedUser

Also, I have some suggestions for minor tweaks.

It would be good if you could see the travel time for supporting troops, similar to how you can see it in the request troops view.

Whilst the farm assistant is good for a couple of villas, it would be nice if you could use it on an archived folder basis so that you can create subfolders for different villas, ie for villa 1 I could have a full set of reports for a farm run saved in archive 1, and in archive 2, i could save reports for villa 1 that gave full hauls from the latest farm run and so on. That would allow it to be a little more useful when you have more than a couple of villa's.

DeletedUser

I have a few suggestions to improve the game:

More than 7 popups around a village on map - totally customizable (you can add any links you like related to the village, current ones plus others suggested in this thread) somewhere under settings, pops up in increasing sized circles.

Fake limit based on target village points.

Paladin weapon that adds 5% def to all troops/10% attack - doesn't stack with other weps (if this wep and spear wep in the same village, spears fight at 20% higher, all other troops fight 5% higher)

Simulator needs to cope with multiple paladin weapons, as stated. Edit: I have been informed that it currently does, you just hold down ctrl and click multiple weapons. There should probably be a note next to the paladin weapon box stating this.

Also, change Baptist's Banner and Nimrod's Composite Bow over in the list in the simulator - they are the opposite way around to everything else.

Move support direct from one village to another - maybe only your own troops? Would work well with the call support function (bottom link in the RP)

A call resources option in the market?

Option to auto sort reports as they come in - in two stages:
1) A list of most of the possible report types - similar to the current filters list but with added options including things such as attacks on barbarian villages with no losses etc, on which you would put a folder (selected on a dropdown menu) next to each one, default folder New Reports.
2) On an attack screen, the option to put the report into a specific folder when it arrives - this would overwrite 1).

Farm assistant improvements:
1) More than A,B in farm assistant.
2) Tick boxes (or drop down box?) for option C to send from current/original/maybe closest villages.
3) A way to tell whether you have attacked that village before - similar to the greying out when you send but one that lasts when you go off the screen - this could be done by having (new) by the village name (maybe in a new column), linked to the report, and when you send out an attack the (new) vanishes, and it marks the report as read.
4) A list to order troop types (axe, spear etc) in, the list determines the order farm assistant sends them out in - the farm assistant will try to send out troop in the top slot, if there isnt any then try the 2nd etc. Also a max travel time for troops, which can be different for each troop type. Also a minimum number to send, with a tick box somewhere to say whether to send the minimum or to ignore that unit if the number to send is below the minimum.
5) Tick box whether to send multiple speed troops together or not (eg axes and LC in the same attack)
6) Take into account resource production while the troops are on their way - if this would take too much server space or something then a box to enter an amount of resources that the farm assistant will assume it will have to haul and therefore send troops over the amount it calculates.

Sub-folders for reports (ie under archive you could have farming, clearing, nobling, awards, all these folders would only be visible when on the archive main folder).

Report vault as suggest by Lakadaem
1) Allow tribe leaders to create subfolders in the vault (or make it a priv to give out like forum mod?)
2) Anyone can put in reports, when the 'Move' option is selected on a report then putting it in the vault will copy it rather than moving.
3) People can move/delete/whatever with their own reports, those who have the power to change the folders can move/delete/whatever everyones reports.

Allowing the HQ to queue buildings if all their requirements are queued, as suggested by a few people.

Option under Settings -> Edit quickbar to fix the quickbar to the top of the screen, similar to how the bar with Overviews etc is currently.

Mail chat room - allowing more than 2 people to talk in one mail.

Not really an improvement, but the map becomes very laggy when a large number of attacks have been sent out via the farm assistant - could be my rubbish computer?

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to add in something that allows us to cat the Hiding Place if a village goes barb?.....so annoying when you loose out on that 2k of each res :/

DeletedUser

What i would really like to see,

Is the ability to have the tribe Able to mark more then Just ally/nap/enemy. Kind of like the Premium players marketing ability on the map. Perhaps it could only be if one of the leadership has premium kind of like the CoA is set up.

Because theres times on .net, When your fighting multiple tribes, and you dotn want all the colors to look the dame particually. OR in early game when theres a bunch of tribes you want to mark, but cant do to many atm because they will blend in.

DeletedUser

What I always dreamed was of instead of a tribe just putting another tribe as alliance/NAP... it could be like the tribe HAD to accept the alliance/NAP request from another tribe

DeletedUser

im sure this has been said before, but multiple cat targets, eg so if you sent 500 in a attack you can target them at 5 different buildings in one attack, instead of having to resend all the time

DeletedUser

What I always dreamed was of instead of a tribe just putting another tribe as alliance/NAP... it could be like the tribe HAD to accept the alliance/NAP request from another tribe

That would ruin it for tribe Marking purposes which a Lot of tribes use at the beginning.