W1N...TR.TR OrC ORC2

DeletedUser

But if you go for the big guns you've got the distance problem.

DeletedUser2722

But if you go for the big guns you've got the distance problem.

Read what I said again, lol!

But personally, I target whoever is strategically better to target, geographically
for example
. But it is nice if I can come face-to-face with the big guns!

Although, more difficut, there is ways to get past the distance issue! :icon_wink:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

Abdo - and I thought you were the war expert. 3:1 is the well established ratio of offensive army to defensive armies (assuming that they are technologically the same) that is needed in an offensive to allow a good chance of success. I am talking real life, but I don't think it is much different here.

And my reference to TOAW was to show that that IS a proper war game, and this isn't. You brought up that this was my first "real" war experience. I have it, you haven't if this is all you have played because this ISN'T a proper war game. It's a game, that's all. (And you not knowing the 3:1 metric does rather confirm that - the only thing you can trot out is that "attack is the best form of defence". Maybe, sometimes, but not in an attritional war it isn't, which this is right now - reference the 44 v 42 vil stats for the last month). In real life you can manouvre to get local 3:1, and that is effectively what has happened so far in this war with the outposts on both sides being outnumbered (though through geography rather than manoeuvreing (spelling?!)).

Agreed, Age of Empires is NOT a war game, Civilisation is NOT a war game.

Why are we awstruck by your big guns? Because you/they are not being attacked? One attacks who it is sensible to attack. You have tried to rile me before into sending pointless 100 hour long nuke journeys against you. I am sorry to disappoint you but that is a total waste of effort, that is why I don't do so.

And you are accusing US of only attacking those that we perceive as weak? Pots/kettles? Why aren't you attacking tribes your own size, rather than attacking tribes that YOU perceive as weak?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1189

Anyone playing with a 3:1 offensive to defensive ratio is a fool at this stage of the game for anyone in the larger tribes. Playing like that is selfish and exposes your tribe to effective counter attack and wastes there resources.

DeletedUser2722

Abdo - and I thought you were the war expert. 3:1 is the well established ratio of offensive army to defensive armies (assuming that they are technologically the same) that is needed in an offensive to allow a good chance of success.

First off, when have I ever claimed to be a war expert?

I have no interest in "real life" wars whatsoever (in fact, I detest them), thus I
would never call myself a war expert...

I'm nothing more than a player (although a great one) in this, as you say;
"far fetched fascmicile war game!"

The 3:1 O/D ratio, when facing even a moderately skilled player, is just asking for
trouble (esp at this stage in the game). You have again shown how inexperienced
a TW player you are with this comment!

I am talking real life, but I don't think it is much different here.

Make up your mind, Buchy...

One minute you're arguing the case of TW being "far fetched" and not really
being a war game, the next minute you're trying to compare this "game" to real
life war strategies...

...I know it must be difficult for you, Buch, however, please try to keep your
statements congruent... you are making yourself look rather foolish! :icon_rolleyes:

And my reference to TOAW was to show that that IS a proper war game, and this isn't. You brought up that this was my first "real" war experience. I have it, you haven't if this is all you have played because this ISN'T a proper war game. It's a game, that's all.

Here we go again, lol! :lol:

Yes I know it's only a game, Buch... does it help you to keep reminding yourself
of this obvious fact?

The "war experience" I was referring to, was obviously within "Tribal Wars" (your
first "real" TW war), not real life wars... you really are getting me worried! :icon_confused:

(And you not knowing the 3:1 metric does rather confirm that - the only thing you can trot out is that "attack is the best form of defence". Maybe, sometimes, but not in an attritional war it isn't, which this is right now - reference the 44 v 42 vil stats for the last month). In real life you can manouvre to get local 3:1, and that is effectively what has happened so far in this war with the outposts on both sides being outnumbered (though through geography rather than manoeuvreing (spelling?!)).

Again you are comparing this "far fetched war game" to RL... I will not comment
on this again! :icon_rolleyes:

The "spelling" is "maneuvering" :icon_wink:

Why are we awstruck by your big guns? Because you/they are not being attacked? One attacks who it is sensible to attack. You have tried to rile me before into sending pointless 100 hour long nuke journeys against you. I am sorry to disappoint you but that is a total waste of effort, that is why I don't do so.

Now you're showing your selfishness as well as your inexperience...

This is a team game, Buch... now lay off the barbs and help your tribe by firing off
some of those nukes!

EDIT:
OD Rank: 140. (6,503,343 score) -- OD Attack Rank: 122. (4,061,963 score)

All those nukes (3:1 O/D ratio) and you only have 4 mio ODA!

Your O ratio means around 170 of your villas are O, yet you have such poor
ODA... just what do you contribute to your tribe!?? -.-

And you are accusing US of only attacking those that we perceive as weak? Pots/kettles? Why aren't you attacking tribes your own size, rather than attacking tribes that YOU perceive as weak?

We are rank one tribe... there is no "single" tribe our own size other than CHE!!!...
are you trying to stir up some trouble here!?? :icon_surprised:

--Abdo--

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2722

One attacks who it is sensible to attack. You have tried to rile me before into sending pointless 100 hour long nuke journeys against you. I am sorry to disappoint you but that is a total waste of effort, that is why I don't do so.

Well you have just witnessed Abdo send nukes from over 105 hours away and
effortlessly noble 5 ORC villages which you all thought were secure with your
cat armies and bonfires in each! :icon_cool:

My point is...

It's not a waste when you know what you are doing, Buch! :icon_wink:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

Well you have just witnessed Abdo send nukes from over 105 hours away and
effortlessly noble 5 ORC villages which you all thought were secure with your
cat armies and bonfires in each! :icon_cool:

My point is...

It's not a waste when you know what you are doing, Buch! :icon_wink:

--Abdo--

I think effortlessly is a little exaggerated!!

My bonfire lived

DeletedUser2722

I think effortlessly is a little exaggerated!!

How would you know, you're not Abdo, so you have no idea how effortless I found
the challenge! :icon_confused:

Anyway, you have not disproved my point...

It's not a waste if you have the skillz to pull it off... so give it a go, or just admit you
are scared and doubt your ability!

Try it, what's the worst that could happen? :icon_wink:

My bonfire lived

I believe he has quite a few bonfires in his other villages which were not on my target
list, so perhaps your bonfire murdered my fakes! :icon_cry:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

How would you know, you're not Abdo, so you have no idea how effortless I found
the challenge! :icon_confused:

Anyway, you have not disproved my point...

It's not a waste if you have the skillz to pull it off... so give it a go, or just admit you
are scared and doubt your ability!

Try it, what's the worst that could happen? :icon_wink:

I believe he has quite a few bonfires in his other villages which were not on my target
list, so perhaps your bonfire murdered my fakes! :icon_cry:

--Abdo--

Tbh Abdo/Aga (not sure which I am talking to here :icon_confused:) has a point, your not them so you don't really have the right to say how hard it was for them to noble some villages. In the end it is a metter of opinion.

DeletedUser

I think if someone put up the stats for abdo vs ORC/ORC2 we would see how effortlessly they (not forgetting you Aga) were finding the challenge!

DeletedUser

here you go - 14 nil.
Abdo, _ based miles away, one player one paladin - 300 or so villages
ORC/Orc2 very compact, 150 odd players 150 odd paladins- 5000 or so villages supporting the front line.

Seems Abdo did fairly well
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: Abdo

Side 2:
Tribes: ORC ORC²
Players:

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers:

Side 1: 204
Side 2: 4,090
Difference: 3,886

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 14
Side 2: 0
Difference: 14

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 1,762,338
Side 2: 20,284,561
Difference: 18,522,223

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 125,846
Side 2: 0
Difference: 125,846

image.php

DeletedUser

Am I just slow or is it news that KnK are now part of the TR. F?

DeletedUser

Lol, I just read some of the old posts and saw someone exonerating a 3:1 O to D ratio.

Please... if you are not in W1N, I highly suggest you use this strategy. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Lol, I just read some of the old posts and saw someone exonerating a 3:1 O to D ratio.

Please... if you are not in W1N, I highly suggest you use this strategy. :icon_wink:

^ Lol

Re-reading... are they saying that they divide their villages 3:1 or were they saying have 3 nukes for every village you aim to take 'in an offensive to allow a good chance of success.' or something like that?

*Tired*

DeletedUser

did he mean attack with 3 offence villages followed by a defence village (we see this a lot) or one attack made up of both offence and defence troops?

We see that a lot as well.

DeletedUser

He said for every 1 defense village, he has 3 offense.

Not a good way to go :S

DeletedUser

Actually don't think he meant that, think he meant the other way round