What would be everyones greatest war of wars with tribes past and present? tribes from the UK server

DeletedUser

very true, ferret i would be concerned, you seem to follow jo a bit to often, from what i have seen from death they seem to have a few good members, like most tribes and others that need to be pointed in the right direction, but i stand by my post earlier, we all have different views of make a successful tribe,

in my mind the jokes of w7 (well thats what people have called us but our name is O.O) to me were successful as we have all ways stood our ground and we are one of the only 2 tribes(if im right) not to have changed names since the world starting and that is down to pride to the O.O more than anything else, but this is my view one im not forcing on any as i know we all see things differently

DeletedUser

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with TuToR?

Had TuToR teachers stayed on Uk7, KnK would be a mere shadow of it's current existence. That is MY opinion. You may claim that nothing would change. That is YOUR opinion. At the end of the day, it is all speculation. You're never going to admit, as a duke or member of KnK, that KnK is vastly inferior to most of those "elite tribes", so you clearly do have an ego to massage. To argue that "startup" players are only posting to massage their egos is very narrow-minded and hypocritical.

TuToR taught it's member a lot of stuff, even Adellion learned a thing or two. However, what we failed to teach them is initiative, the ability to adapt to their circumstances. Most of the members were sitting there expecting to be spoon fed information, and which is what we did for a while. But the core of the members never thought for themselves, which was seen in their decline after the teachers left. In my eyes, TuToR was neither a failure nor a success. To brag that you were able to surpass TuToR when the so-called "elite" had already left, is quite pointless no? Player-wise, the world was dominated by Temporary and Tyranny, aswell as Abdo and Death Lurks. Not just by points, we were hauling the most, had the most villages and had the most troops (The first 3 level 30 farms belong to Death Lurks, Temporary and Tyranny, not sure about the order). The idea that any of the current players would pass either myself or Tyranny without us quitting is quite hilarious. Myself and Cory gave up on the world around February time, when TuToR was rank 1 and we were rank 1 in points, troops and resources hauled. Tribe-wise, the world revolved around TuToR(forgive my "ego"). I don't think KnK was mentioned on the externals at all until TuToR teachers quit.

Again, let me emphasize, that your opinions, and mine, are only speculation. However, you're arguing in order to enlarge your achievement of ending Uk7, which, I and several others, believe is an achievement which should be belittled. I can argue from personal experience, and that of others:

I've finished two worlds, from start to end, being top ten from day 1/2 to end. Heck, I'm probably gonna end up ending a third world soon. I can tell you, the longer you play, the more boring it gets. Feel free to stay if you enjoy it, but I'd consider players weak-willed who aren't willing to quit when the game is no longer fun just to "win" this game. And yes, win is entirely subjective. There was no system to win worlds until about a year ago. If you go and end Uk7, sure, TW will label you winners, but in my opinion the winner is the person who could play the game and have fun. I've talked with a few players who won W12, and they said they wouldn't want to play another world; the amount of time spent ending w12 took away all their fun. Most "startup" players have played late game, at high ranks too. The only people who claim ranking high, player or tribewise, late game is anymore of an achievement than ranking high at startup are those who don't rank high at startup. Players who rank high at both startup and lategame acknowledge that startup is more competitive and more fun. An example, which has already been mentioned, is lodda. He's played accounts longer than UK has existed as a server, and he would admit that startup is more competitive. Until you've managed to be successful at both startup and late game, you really can't give judgment on it.

Another point to consider; when you're top ranked at startup, you're ranked above the "late gamers". When you're top ranked at late game, you are not ranked above the "start up players". Maybe you would be, maybe you wouldn't, but that's speculation again. So lategamers never outperform start up players, they just get bored less easily.

For those of you who actually read my post and wish to respond, please don't regurgitate the same garbage which has been posted on the last two pages of this thread. I don't care about your speculation of how epic you are or how startup players can't commit to a world. Your opinion, no matter how highly you value it, is irrelevant in an argument unless you can back it up with evidence which isn't speculation.

I also believe if TuToR continued rather than deciding by their own wills of their leaders, to throw in the towel, they would've beat KnK. No amount of teamwork would've beat the teamwork between TuToR's finest; Tyranny, Temporary, Abdo, Death Lurks... I've witnessed 4-5 super-active accounts hold back three tribes gangbanging them on UK4 (Bi! vs =FATE=, Vital & BOBB) and I know Tyranny, Temporary, Abdo, Death Lurks even Ifarmyourhidingplace? are all peerless and highly efficient in teamwork as well as personal skills in sniping etc... I fully acknowledge when I joined TuToR, I was able to lead, but be taught how to play better by my betters (Nauz, Temp, Abdo etc) to the point that now I am coming closer and closer to matching the almost inhuman farming efficiency of those accounts at startup.

The fact remains this : TuToR outgrew KnK. KnK took rank 1 when TuToR kick the bucket out of laziness (KnK had nothing to do with this). Thus, KnK didn't beat TuToR at all. Quite frankly, up until that point, TuToR were beating KnK. Now, assuming they didn't quit out of boredom (boredom is not a TW-related reason to quit, its a personal one), and you extrapolate the growth of the two tribes, TuToR's rate of growth, being higher than KnK's, means they would increase their lead, then obv the world would become too big to accomodate KnK & TuToR, and then TuToR, due to superior size alone, would beat KnK (not to mention the general skill level of TuToR when extrapolated, is superior to KnK, as proven by the rankings of the tribes, and notable individual players in TuToR)...

I fully accept and am grateful I had the opportunity to not only BE in TuToR, but to lead it, I owe a lot of my current startup ability to the teachings I got in TuToR, and I think rather than KnK flaming TuToR, they should be grateful for our existence and the fact that we increased the number of skilled players on this server a bit more significantly then the average tribe does.

Excellent post AP. I can see why people would say it seems arrogant, but tbh, I believe its correct. It's perfectly acceptable to be arrogant when you're right. It's not acceptable to be arrogant when you are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I also believe if TuToR continued rather than deciding by their own wills of their leaders, to throw in the towel, they would've beat KnK. No amount of teamwork would've beat the teamwork between TuToR's finest; Tyranny, Temporary, Abdo, Death Lurks... I've witnessed 4-5 super-active accounts hold back three tribes gangbanging them on UK4 (Bi! vs =FATE=, Vital & BOBB) and I know Tyranny, Temporary, Abdo, Death Lurks even Ifarmyourhidingplace? are all peerless and highly efficient in teamwork as well as personal skills in sniping etc... I fully acknowledge when I joined TuToR, I was able to lead, but be taught how to play better by my betters (Nauz, Temp, Abdo etc) to the point that now I am coming closer and closer to matching the almost inhuman farming efficiency of those accounts at startup.

The fact remains this : TuToR outgrew KnK. KnK took rank 1 when TuToR kick the bucket out of laziness (KnK had nothing to do with this). Thus, KnK didn't beat TuToR at all. Quite frankly, up until that point, TuToR were beating KnK. Now, assuming they didn't quit out of boredom (boredom is not a TW-related reason to quit, its a personal one), and you extrapolate the growth of the two tribes, TuToR's rate of growth, being higher than KnK's, means they would increase their lead, then obv the world would become too big to accomodate KnK & TuToR, and then TuToR, due to superior size alone, would beat KnK (not to mention the general skill level of TuToR when extrapolated, is superior to KnK, as proven by the rankings of the tribes, and notable individual players in TuToR)...

I fully accept and am grateful I had the opportunity to not only BE in TuToR, but to lead it, I owe a lot of my current startup ability to the teachings I got in TuToR, and I think rather than KnK flaming TuToR, they should be grateful for our existence and the fact that we increased the number of skilled players on this server a bit more significantly then the average tribe does.

Excellent post AP. I can see why people would say it seems arrogant, but tbh, I believe its correct. It's perfectly acceptable to be arrogant when you're right. It's not acceptable to be arrogant when you are wrong.

we can all claim we could of done this that and the other, but at the end of the day you did not, so maybe the one way to prove who is better, is maybe knk members go against this tutor members(that are made out to be unstopable) on w11?

DeletedUser

we can all claim we could of done this that and the other, but at the end of the day you did not, so maybe the one way to prove who is better, is maybe knk members go against this tutor members(that are made out to be unstopable) on w11?

Abdo has quit the game. I think Matt Aveyard has gone too. Nauzhror and Temporary would easily outgrow whoever was KnK's best. I would (assuming I was active, which I am not) outgrow the majority of KnK. I accept if I was inactive, it's not even worth me playing. Many of the ex-TuToR players are better farmers now, so they'll farm better, so I assume their rate of growth would be higher. We'd outrank KnK again, increase our lead exponentially till we got bored, then quit again, after proving to ourselves that if we continued, we'd continue outgrowing them. Proof by induction, in mathematics, if the first step exists, as does the next, then you can extrapolate that all the other steps above exist too... :)

DeletedUser

Well I know Abdo could not join up for that for starters but it would be hard to gather all these players mentioned together again for UK 11, If we could do it again and started in the same direction then I would be game if my personal life was back on track.

I can only see one problem with this though, if the ex tutor players beaten KNK which would happen in my opinion you would most likely claim its " unfair as its start up and not late game "? or would you take defeat on the chin?

DeletedUser

you do realise we can throw points/stats/lies/truths back and forth for months?
will i have more luck talking to a brick wall? it seems so,
as i said it is easy to claim this and that, i could claim i would have done better in the core if my comptuer had not broke which led to me being farmed,
and people are allways saying late game requires little skills and this normally comes from the "good start up players(who are normally co-played accounts)", maybe this is because they know they have no/little chance late game?,as early game is all about location where as late game requires strategic nobling as it easy to stop your own growth, all though there might be times when you sit around doing nothing late game, normally if your a tribe thats not afraid to go to war with tribe bigger than you, (for example currently on uk7 we are ranked 4 but at war with rank 2, rank 1 and rank 5, believe me i found plenty to keep my self busy weather that was helping others out by sits or sorting out local support,) ,

i am O.O(all ways will be) nothing to do with KnK, but merely pointing out my views as i have seen them dominate the world while you are just looking at stats, they dont allways tell the truth

DeletedUser6603

Ade - It's already been said many times.

We never said we would beat Tutor. Its been said it would have been much more of a challenge, and that it would have been a challenge we would have welcomed. We know and fully appreciate that the world would have been a very different place had Tutor continued in W7. What we have said is that you would not have found us easy to beat, and we will always stand by that. As for the teamwork side of things, you simply do not know what we are capable of as a tribe, as ive already said earlier on. Youve not fought us, so you cannot possibly know. You make assumptions based on reputations, and nothing else. You dont know anything about most of our players, so how can you know what they can and cant do teamwork wise? Likewise, I don't know much about the players you list, apart from their proven start up skills which aren't being disputed.

If you look back to when this all flared up originally, it was with CF's comment that Tutor dominated when on W7. I disagree with that, and always will. I even provided evidence that they never dominated, asked CF to show me when they were the dominant tribe on W7, and never really got a proper answer. There were in fact four tribes with a good enough rate of growth to make things very interesting on W7. Perhaps Tutor might have dominated had they continued to play on W7, but they didnt, and thus never got to that point. We did, and yet we repeatedly get slated because all the top players in Tutor quit. Thats not our fault, yet we still get belittled for it. We then get slated when we defend our achievements. Why shouldnt we defend what weve achieved? Regardless of who was on the world when and where, weve worked damn hard to get to where we are, and we are rightly proud of it. We can only beat what was put in front of us. I personally would have loved for all those players you list to have stayed on W7. This debate wouldnt be happening then, and chances are W7 wouldve lasted far longer and been a far more interesting world than it has panned out to be.

What we did have in the early days, that Tutor didnt have so much due to their spread over 2 k's, was a solid base to work from. We decided early on that we would focus heavily on securing K54 above all else, hence why we went to war so early. It was a gamble, but it paid off. We secured an entire K pretty quickly, meaning no competition for farms in our areas, and an easier path to growth. Beyond that, its all the what if's that have already been covered. None of us really know what would have happened if Tutor, and even the Ruffus tribe had stuck around and stayed together, apart from there would have been some great wars to be had!

I am sure this debate will go round and round for a while longer yet, but weve made our points, put across our argument, and were sticking to it. For as long as the UK servers are around, our inevitable win on W7 is what will be recorded, not that there was a group of very good players early on who didnt stick around. Thats good enough for me :)

Noob - If we get beaten, we get beaten. We were defeated on W1 and we have always given credit to T4H for that, and always will. We never really stood a chance due to the huge size difference, but it was an enjoyable war fought in the right way.

DeletedUser

Noob - If we get beaten, we get beaten. We were defeated on W1 and we have always given credit to T4H for that, and always will. We never really stood a chance due to the huge size difference, but it was an enjoyable war fought in the right way.

Fair enough :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm not looking for an all out argument, its pointless, I will respond to your questions directed at me, but then I'll leave it be so the original thread starter can get some responses they would rather get in this thread.

I will just say that Mikes post #66 sums up what I was thinking when I was driving home earlier today, I'm simply defending myself and my tribe who will win a world fair and square, I, as others have simply got a bit sidetracked as people do on forums..

I hope this post reads a bit easier than my other one, using quotations instead

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/index.php

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, under "worlds" those that have closed or been decided state what the win conditions are, world 7 is due to be updated very soon with 100% win condition, which has been confirmed by admin that will decide who "wins" that world.
That is one possible way of winning, but I've seen tribes that join a world with the sole purpose of forum spamming and having fun. Do they lose? No, they have a different goal.
I havent said anywhere I'm unstoppable, ever, I dont know who is better than me, genuinely, there are certain players that I think "hmm, this is going to be tricky" or "I may be a bit stuffed here next to this player" but I can honestly say, I have never actually had a battle against any of the players I personally consider to be great at the game, and many times on the world 7 forums I have posted about the lack of competition after some of those players left, but I think its fair to say we have still had our hands full with the rest of the world fighting on all fronts 99% of the time.
Which players are those, I honestly want to know.

Ah, now thats too easy!!

inner

This is an abbreviation of "inner circle" or what is now known as the "circle Line" in London.

A quote from wikipedia

The Circle line, coloured yellow on the tube map, is the eighth busiest line on the London Underground.[3] It forms a loop line around the centre of London on the north side of the River Thames with, since 13 December 2009, an extension to Hammersmith on its north-western side.

Func

This is a slang alteration of the word funk,

Taken again from wikipedia

Funk is a music genre that originated in the mid-late 1960s when African American musicians blended soul music, jazz and R&B into a rhythmic, danceable new form of music.

hb_offset

This is a pencil used by only a few select artists.

It is based on the original HB pencil, only the lead is slightly "offset" in the wooden shaft

Sorry, no quote from wiki on this one for some reason?
deflecting my point with jokes, although humorous doesn't make you look knowledgeable.

Ok, Ive not claimed anywhere (or at least I don't think I have) to be a "late gamer", I consider myself reasonable at startup, and throughout the game.
I can only assume those that consider themselves a late gamer are poor at startup in there own eyes?
depends on the person. However, yes

Im not quite sure where you have seen me play before, which account, which world?, Ill stand corrected if you have, I'm pretty sure if you have seen me, I wasn't trying to impress you, or anyone else for that matter, just playing the game.
I recall the username somewhere form a .net world I played. Can't say I recall exactly which one. (it honestly didn't impress me).

I cannot disagree with you on that, because I simply don't know the facts.

Theres a few names I know there, and I only know these names through there reputations for being great players, Im not denying they are, nor am I saying I am better than any of them.

I'm not judging players ability to play the game on when they start or end a world, I'm talking about tribes as a whole really, I'm simply defending my own, as I would expect others to do if there win was being questioned as to the reasons why.
so you are basing your opinions on facts you admit you don't know.

I don't think I'm deluded, I think its more a case of you not understanding the point I'm trying to get across, perhaps partly due to me not wording things in a way that is understood by everyone, I'm not sure? but deluded, I'm not, I think I'm very logical and realistic in my thinking.

I do get it completely, its all about teamwork in this game, without a doubt, a tribe with 3 great players and 50 poor players is going to struggle, or a tribe where communication is poor, respect is not present, friendship none existent and support fails compared to a tribe where all of the above is present.
Erm, I agree. With what you say here. As for the deluded comment, I've played both early game and late game, I've been rank one on both on the same accounts. Late is much easier.
No you didnt, the win for world 7 will be 100% domination.
Actually I did, I had fun, and that in my opinion is winning. Our opinions differ, and I don't deny yours, however you deny mine. Both of them are correct, but denying mine is not.
You may have achieved your own goals, but that doesn't constitute a win on that particular world.
Again, that is your opinion. I disagree, and you cannot prove me wrong. No one has said that TW's definition is the only definition of winning.
I must be the same then, Apparently playing the long game takes up more time than startup does even with the huge amount of farming required early on, although I'm fairly sure I spend a lot less time playing late game than I do when everyone is fighting for 30 iron 10 wood, and possibly some clay, whilst avoiding others paladins....
Not sure who said that. It wasn't me :S Late game only takes up time if you continue farming heavily (in which case it can take literally hours a day).
feel free to pm me regarding when you played the same world as me, I'm genuinely interested, and it keeps it out of this forum so others can carry on with the topic.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser

as early game is all about location

Strange I am top 10 in every server I join, I must be extremely lucky:icon_neutral: Heck riddle me this chaz.

I was rank 1 at 3k points, I was backtimed, cleared and catted down to rank 100.

In 2 weeks time I was rank #15. Luck:icon_rolleyes:?

Or is it that the average skill base at starting is so bad that I was able to rebound with ease?

World 34 4tr

What about this world, inactive for 3 weeks, 3 weeks we have done no farming, and nobled 1 village cause i logged in one day bored. Why have only 13 people in the world caught up to me. 3 weeks three weeks and they cant catch up to me, how is that activity being the reason.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Measure of success and ability isn't defined by who did something first - or even who did it fastest, longest or the most.

Mikek said:
I'd like to see any such player stick a world out from start to finish once they've labled themselves with that 'elite' title.

You're contradicting yourself. The people that stick it out are they who did something the longest or most.

Mikek said:
Each world has its own challenges, some are easier than others - but the skill is in manipulating the world into a state where it is easy, and then finding a way to retain all of your skilled members so that they don't get bored.

So skill isn't actually being able to play better than your opponent, it's just finding ways to stay entertained longer than the opponent?

Mikek said:
CF - TuToR were in a terrible state even before you left W7. The aim was to TuToR players - and in my view it was a complete failure, as the region in which TuTor resided, was filled with more incompetent players than i've seen anywhere else on the map... The positioning of the TuToR was vastly over stretched, and clearly point whoring, and fell apart within days of tribes actually turning on them simply due to the fact that the whole tribe was a mess from the outset. It was never designed to be a sustainable tribe. Mass recruiting to gain "students" does not give you the right to say:

Anyone can mass recruit...

TuTor was indeed crap. I may have been the top account in it for most of its early existence, but it was still an absolutely mediocre tribe.

not sure what doubled rank 2 means :s

It means I was rank 1, and twice the size of the rank 2 account, fairly self-explanatory I'd have thought, no?

chubbs said:
Although your start up record is impressive, how do you expect a serious challenge, when most players have 6-8 villages. Are they likely to waste all there hard work attacking the biggest player around, aor are they more likely to try and grow for the long term.

Removing competition early is how you grow for the long term. If any of the giant startup accounts didn't quit early their neighbors wouldn't survivie to have a "long term" anything.

chubbs said:
I mean seriously, what kind of Op do you expect a tribe with maybe 100 villages in total to put on you at that stage of the game, you might get 20 incomings, hardly difficult to deal with.

It's quite evident you've never done 1 account vs. one tribe at startup. It's more difficult than late-game wars because it demands perfection to survive. Losing one village can be the end of you, whereas when you have 500 losing one really doesn't matter at all.

chubbs said:
when there's a chance you could be on the end of an op where there's 1000 nukes landing on you in a day....

I've said this before, but it apparently needs to be said again. I'm absolutely not willing to compromise my quality of life for an online game, and I personally don't consider spending that much time defending to be fun. Those that do, more power to them, I don't. I log on for 5 minutes every couple hours, that's the one thing people don't realize about startup, they claim it demands more activity, reality is, it demands far less, logging in for a few minutes every few hours is much less demanding than needing to be online at very specific times of the day, many of which are in the middle of the night. I'm not willing to come home early to defend an account, I'm not willing to leave work early to defend an account, I'm not willing to stay up late to defend an account, I'm not willing to wake up in the middle of the night to defend an account, etc. etc. TW is a game for me, and a way to pass time, not a lifestyle, most late-world players I have met usually can't say the same.

Mikek said:
I presume this is also the same basis as how all "elite" players class themselves as "elite". They elect themselves to this status as they think they're or their croneys think they're so great. ie - Make Believe.

Can I please have a list of people that have ever called themselves elite? I've never seen the term used by anyone who holds any shred of dignity in the first person. As much as people coin me as "elite" as if that's their tongue in cheek way of insinuating that I'm not elite despite supposedly claiming to be, it's certainly not a title I've ever given myself, or that anyone I have any respect for has ever called themselves.

Pohue Mahone said:
So, a 1 on 1 match as you have mentioned a couple of times.. The player who leaves first is the better player? Or the one who lasts?

The thing is, late-gamers only last longer when they get lucky. That is to say, drop you in my 15x15 on a new world and tell us both the goal is to rim the other. I'd bet money on me having you rimmed before you got cats. Whereas I can start anywhere and survive if I wish, because once you have 10+ villages you have enough defense to defend against just about anything the game can throw at you. (And not don't pretend I'm claiming that at 10 vills I can defend against something like W1N, I'm talking about being past 10 villages while also being competitively ranked)

Mikek said:
Pablo - like all the "elite" they have severe problems with reality, and all suffer with an intense ego problem which can only be resolved by dissing anyone else's success, under the pretense that "if they'd stuck around long enough", "things would have been different".

Mikek - like all the "late-gamers" they have severe problems with reality, and all suffer with an intense ego problem which can only be resolved by dissing people that only enjoy startup, by pretending that since those players quit earlier than we did that that makes our achievements more important than theirs.

Yes, it goes both ways. A startup player claiming they would have won the world has they not quit is a bit silly. But, so is a player that didn't quit claiming they'd have won even if the startup players didn't quit. Neither side actually knows whether they're right, it's just pointless boasting.

Mikek said:
You don't get long distance runners in the Olympics sprinting flat out to the first bend, looking behind them and saying: oh.. i've clearly won, so i won't bother anymore.

The olympics also has sprints for sprinters.

When you can show me the TW worlds that are not speed where the goal is to be first to 100,000 points you will perhaps have a point, until such a time you don't.

Mikek said:
I think its about time these self declared "elite" retire their "thrones" and disappear, as they are clearly bored of the game and play only to gratify their ego's that they can sprint to the first corner faster - disregarding the fact that that isn't actually the point of the game...!

Once again, you keep calling people self declared "elites", yet none of the people you're referring to have ever declared any such thing.

Perhaps what you're failing to understand is that there isn't a point to the game. the point to playing is what you make of it.

Your post claims that the definition of "Game" is: Noun: A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

While that's not entirely inaccurate, it's also true that the following is an accepted definition (webster's to be specific): an activity engaged in for diversion or amusement

You do know what amusement is right? It means that the purpose oif playing a game is to amuse yourself. As such the actual "point" to playing a game, is to have fun. That is true for all games. Why is it that you seem to have such a problem with how other people derive fun from the game? I could be just as close-minded and claim that whenever I hit delete a world should close since I feel I've already won since my goal upon joining was to be first to 10 villages, and since I've completed that goal everyone else loses. But alas, that'd be silly. Just as silly as your own rather weak arguments.

Elite is the given term to such players of high calibre! The players that have a life? i mean startup is very demanding. I would never be elite as i play the long late game, the game as ade says "you never got a life game" the in it to win it game! i wish some day i was elite :( .............................reaches for the razor blade!

You only think it's demanding because you haven't mastered it yet. Startup take a lot less time than the people that don't succeed at it like to believe it does. But that's expected because rather than admit that the people that do excel at it are doing something differently than they are it's much easier to point the finger at the people that are excelling and proclaim that they are either no-lifing and/or cheating. Afterall that's much easier than trying to improve so that you can be as good as they are.

Ah, now thats too easy!!

inner

This is an abbreviation of "inner circle" or what is now known as the "circle Line" in London.

A quote from wikipedia

The Circle line, coloured yellow on the tube map, is the eighth busiest line on the London Underground.[3] It forms a loop line around the centre of London on the north side of the River Thames with, since 13 December 2009, an extension to Hammersmith on its north-western side.

Func

This is a slang alteration of the word funk,

Taken again from wikipedia

Funk is a music genre that originated in the mid-late 1960s when African American musicians blended soul music, jazz and R&B into a rhythmic, danceable new form of music.

hb_offset

This is a pencil used by only a few select artists.

It is based on the original HB pencil, only the lead is slightly "offset" in the wooden shaft

Sorry, no quote from wiki on this one for some reason?

Quit trolling. You claimed to know the game mechanics as well as me. I can answer those questions with the proper answers, why can't you?

Those are all unannounced world settings which can be seen in the get_config file. They all influence the proper way to adapt to a world as well. ie. They are by definition game mechanics, and only known by those that are true metagamers. You either know the game mechanics as well as you claim to or you don't. In this case you definitely don't.

Hmm, so, KnK is worse than T4H?

T4H joined uk10, and my tribe stomped them, badly. I would have to imagine that makes us better than them? Does that therefore also make us better than KnK, or do we still suck because we usually get bored before or shortly after 20 villages?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If any of the giant startup accounts didn't quit early their neighbors wouldn't survivie to have a "long term" anything.

I second this.. Cranness that is now one of KNK's better players was in my 15+15 at start up and I ended up around 5 times his size, I did not rim him due to the fact he was and still is a friend, when I left the world I even gifted him several of my villages.

DeletedUser3642

*sigh* with everyone just going in circles - perhaps its time we agree to disagree here. Its clear we both see our points as valid, and as someone earlier stated its all at the end of the day personal opinion.

We do not appreciate our success on W7 being disregarded as worthless by the start up players who got their kicks and then left. It is their opinion that they would have beaten us in the long game - but that is only their opinion. Our opinion is that they would not. Both opinions are allowed, and we are allowed to disagree with each other - but perhaps there is now a time to say that it is pointless to continue a debate where we will never agree.

It appears that TW is played in two distinct ways by two different types of player who cannot be compared fairly and in a manner everyone can agree on.

1. The adrenalin junky - after immediate kicks and statistical supremacy
2. The strategist - who methodically and strategically positions themselves and their tribe mates in a manner which results in tribal supremacy which lasts to the long game.

The styles of play are very different, and both sets of players can possess an equal level of skill, the skill sets may be slightly different as they are honed for different end results.

I have a personal opinion that others may not agree with, that TW is in its design a long game and therefore the strategist approach is my applied methodology.

If others wish to use the game for short term success then so be-it, but they should not assume on that measure alone that they out skill the strategist player who will maneuver in much more subtle ways.

DeletedUser

*sigh* with everyone just going in circles - perhaps its time we agree to disagree here. Its clear we both see our points as valid, and as someone earlier stated its all at the end of the day personal opinion.

We do not appreciate our success on W7 being disregarded as worthless by the start up players who got their kicks and then left. It is their opinion that they would have beaten us in the long game - but that is only their opinion. Our opinion is that they would not. Both opinions are allowed, and we are allowed to disagree with each other - but perhaps there is now a time to say that it is pointless to continue a debate where we will never agree.

It appears that TW is played in two distinct ways by two different types of player who cannot be compared fairly and in a manner everyone can agree on.

2. The strategist - who methodically and strategically positions themselves and their tribe mates in a manner which results in tribal supremacy which lasts to the long game.

The styles of play are very different, and both sets of players can possess an equal level of skill, the skill sets may be slightly different as they are honed for different end results.

I have a personal opinion that others may not agree with, that TW is in its design a long game and therefore the strategist approach is my applied methodology.

If others wish to use the game for short term success then so be-it, but they should not assume on that measure alone that they out skill the strategist player who will maneuver in much more subtle ways.
Except when the so called adrenaline junkies play on, as has been said, they outdo the strategists. Oh, not to mention that mattcurr for example is a better strategist than any late-gamer I know.

DeletedUser3642

so you've played against everyone to the end game yeh and have this as an absolute fact, or is this simply your opinion, which as has been said earlier - I can choose to disregard if I choose to?

DeletedUser

so you've played against everyone to the end game yeh and have this as an absolute fact, or is this simply your opinion, which as has been said earlier - I can choose to disregard if I choose to?

I've played to 4 million points (while leading the rank one tribe). I quit after I had a million point lead and had given leadership over to another player.
I've played 8 million point accounts. At one point I helped reorganize and defend a 20 million point account.
My opinion is backed up with experience. (and again, i bring up lodda).

DeletedUser

The main issue is most early gamers are late gamers as well. In fact I have only met a few early gamers who have not been late gamers, and I have never met one who was both, and thought late game was better in anyway.

DeletedUser

And you think the two are mutually exclusive ?

DeletedUser

a large part of this community really needs to grow up, we might as well be having a discussion in the school playground about who's dad has the best car, go a read some of this posts as far as i know none of this was not taken serious and again same as before, you will see this posts made in good humour and the players know when to stop, but there seems to be a large part of the community that almost talk down to players, look at when the spainsh came over(i think they were) a lot of the uk forum users showed no respect and were not friendly at all to them but you moan about how quiet the uk forums are,i wonder why, people blame the mods , but i think they have been fair i have had a few run ins, but they have all ways been understanding, so maybe the reason the uk forums are so quiet is because of some of the posters?

i have come to respect Mikek,Pablo and Pogue Mahone, as they have all ways answered calmly and have back up their claims when questioned, which a lot of you have not, they might not be the best players i do not know as i have lost track of which one is on which account now, but they were determined to make KnK a success which you cant deny they have, a lot of you gave the right up to talk about w7 as you have not seen it grow from the battlefield, yes thing would of been different if other tribes have stuck around, but at the end of the day the did not, maybe you are making yourselfs fell better by trying to bring down another success?

i believe it has been said before but it is all ways the same group of players that try to bring down anothers success, a lot of you seem to defend in groups which means us unknown players find it hard to get a word in,

but any way i will go and talk to this brick wall over here, it may actually listen to what im saying

DeletedUser4320

Proof by induction, in mathematics, if the first step exists, as does the next, then you can extrapolate that all the other steps above exist too

That is not correct mate.

To prove something by induction you must first show that a statement is true at a time equal m. Then you must show that if a statement at a time equal n holds true, then said statement will be true at the time equal n + ε, ε > 0.

If those prerequisites are shown, induction says that the statement will be true for all times greater than m.

However, the argument put fourth by some tutor players in this thread breaks down in the inductive step of the proof. If their claim that a player leading at an arbitrary time would have lead until the end if he continued is true, the first player to join the server would win every time if he played to the end.

Said proposition is obviously nonsense.

:)