World War I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Nice post dubby (+Rep). There are two additional family tribes to be added to 'freedom and fun': FWWWR and *WW* - both part of the FW family. They are small tribes, outside the top 20 but as its part of a family thats listed it could possibly be worth adding to the list?

Also of course in that list there are a few tribes fighting each other - for example I believe F.P.B are fighting *FW*? Not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Freedom and fun: F.P.B + *FW* + ORC + ~R~ + KnK + ORC² + Flux + Riffs + AMP

Well I would not say ORC are in it for the "Freedom and Fun" we all saw their mass list of tribal rules! Having fun while adhering to those rules must be extremely hard!

I am glad to see Dubby focusing his attention more on UK1 and not on his Anti-W1N crusade!

I know full well that W1N have fun playing TW, you guys should see the skype chats that go on!!!

We all get along very well, some members have been drinking together in r/l extending the fun from the computer screen into the pubs!

But then who am I to discuss how much fun other tribes have? We don't see what goes on in the other tribes and vice-versa.

I can comment on W1N however and we have lots of fun, mainly at others expense but it is still fun!

The T4H guys are also incredibly fun, we have a ball on our joint skype chat and I myself love conversing with BaskB and BrianL and have been doing so for a long time!

I look forward to the inevitable T4H vs W1N war and I know T4H do also.......but in the mean time we will just continue to smack UK1 around with a wet kipper :)

DeletedUser

Due to the total tranquility that is reigning on the forums of late I took it upon me to be all sensible and serious and update an old thread.

There has been some development, most notably ORC joining the side of freedom and fun and KA AK turning the cape with the tailwind and joining the dark side. Also some tribes has disbanded others emerged. The current setup of the sides in the Word War is to the best of my understanding (top 20 tribes):

Glory hunters: W1N + T4H + T4H-W + LRAG + IWL+ LRAGKA + AK + UDog + LRAGFO
Freedom and fun: F.P.B + *FW* + ORC + ~R~ + KnK + ORC² + Flux + Riffs + AMP

Uncertain: FREE + G.G

I even made a map! World War Map

Discuss!

There is only one reply to this.

DeletedUser1189

WIN are at war with AK and KA. There is no longer a LARG. LARGKA is support FLUX so isn't technically on our side as I see it at the moment.

DeletedUser

That was one player. I would blame KA there was no communication with AK until a day before it happened they didnt even tell their own tribe what was happening from what I have heard.

AK are still assessing their options.

DeletedUser

There is no option - you've got to stand up and fight. If you don't fight now, your fighting with less people later. Its that simple.

DeletedUser7596

Just simple logic really. Can any individual tribe defeat the merge of the two former largest tribes on their own? Quality of their players aside quantity has a quality of its own. I'd argue Flux has players on par with W1N but they simply dont have the numbers. W1N is bigger than the number 2 & 3 tribes combined.

DeletedUser4320

I would say that the "glory hunters" are in a better position due to the fact that "freedom and fun" is an inferior strategy for a war game.

Yes, the superior strategy for maximizing success is to merge all players into one great family tribe and declare victory.

Fun, however, it is not as the saying goes.

DeletedUser

Yes, the superior strategy for maximizing success is to merge all players into one great family tribe and declare victory.

Fun, however, it is not as the saying goes.

W1Ns only merger was CHE!!!

And only had a "family branch" for a merge month, as they sorted there inactives.

Shh now?

DeletedUser717

I could defeat W1N on my own :icon_rolleyes:

By annoying us to death, no doubt.

On the one hand, Timmy is kind of right. IF you are going to fight W1N, better do it now. Yeah, you MAY get lucky and be able to hold out until W1N is weakened by inactivity, but I wouldn't count on it.

On the other hand, you might not have to fight at all if you are able to hold out until W1N is weakend by inactivity and looking for new blood. But I sure hope the ones we'll take in then will be the ones who fight now, not those who run away.

DeletedUser

By annoying us to death, no doubt.

On the one hand, Timmy is kind of right. IF you are going to fight W1N, better do it now. Yeah, you MAY get lucky and be able to hold out until W1N is weakened by inactivity, but I wouldn't count on it.

On the other hand, you might not have to fight at all if you are able to hold out until W1N is weakend by inactivity and looking for new blood. But I sure hope the ones we'll take in then will be the ones who fight now, not those who run away.

Go noble some barbarians :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser4320

W1Ns only merger was CHE!!!

That is true, CHE!! is the only tribe that W1N has recruited from.

If you disregard TR that is.

And T4H!

And wasn't there some story with U-F-A back in the time?

And lets not forget DOA.

And ~V~!

I nearly forgot STD!

Come to think about it W1N even took in =KN= players.

The shh is on you indeed as the saying goes.

DeletedUser

That is true, CHE!! is the only tribe that W1N has recruited from.

And T4H!

And lets not forget DOA.

And ~V~!

I nearly forgot STD!

She said merge, not recruit. Lrn2read.

CHE is the only tribe we've merged with, we have however recruited from other tribes, but they were not merges.

DeletedUser4320

A merge requires one of the entities (in this case W1N) to recruit from the other.

Lrn2read to you as the saying goes.

DeletedUser589

A merge requires one of the entities (in this case W1N) to recruit from the other.

Lrn2read to you as the saying goes.

Hi dubby I think that you miss understand what a merge is. It's not your fault as this is not your first language. But a merge and partial recruitment are very different. However this is not the place to discuss it. Mail me and I'll happily explain rather then you derail yet another thread.

This is a genuine post so hope it won't cause offence

DeletedUser

That is true, CHE!! is the only tribe that W1N has merged from.

That was a mistake in wording, so i'll correct it for you. Thank you for adding to my point!

And T4H!

And lets not forget DOA.

And ~V~!

I nearly forgot STD!

Didn't W1N defeat these tribes before recruiting them. Shall we put in some basic TW knowledge in terms:

Merge - A merge is when two or more tribes decide that they would like to come together under one banner and thus become one with each other.

Recruitment - If and when one or a small series of players are added to a tribe via that tribes recruitment process. Thus this player becomes said tribes player.

If I look at this correct, the tribes you mention other than CHE!!! were recruited, and not the entire tribe put together. The W1N + CHE!!! merged was when both entire tribes came together under the W1N banner. Those other tribes you pointed out that W1N defeated before recruiting select players, were indeed, recruited and not merged.

You may argue that merging is indeed recruiting, but in these terms, recruitment means in small numbers, and merging is recruitment in high numbers involving one tribe moving into another.

:icon_biggrin:

Edit: Ah, I just remember W1N didn't defeat T4H. However, was it not one player who was recruited into W1N before moving back to T4H, simply because said player wanted to war TR and thus, when his ex-tribe T4H declared on TR, he moved back? :O

DeletedUser

Edit: Ah, I just remember W1N didn't defeat T4H. However, was it not one player who was recruited into W1N before moving back to T4H, simply because said player wanted to war TR and thus, when his ex-tribe T4H declared on TR, he moved back? :O

Your right there it was BrianL, moved over to W1N then when we went to war with TR he came back to us. :icon_twisted:

Anyway lets get back on topic guys this is a world war thread not an argue about what the difference between a merge/selective recruitment from defeated tribes :icon_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.