UK3 Discussion

DeletedUser1508

Tracy no matter what anyone say's you are a Dimond and we love you ;)
Reminds me of w19.net settings with night bonus

great work

good for the BR can not wait for that :)

and PP guess you and the gang will have to work alot faster and more efficiant XD

LD

Gonna have to wait a bit longer...

[pp]Now that uk3 has finally officially released, I can say that we wont be doing it on world 3 and will wait for something like previously mentioned. If I had said anything previously, it would have indicated that uk3 was coming up soon.[/pp]

DeletedUser

Go and play .net then, a good reason why uk was made was becouse of the nightbonus>.<

that is the reason i have yet to play this server and have only played .net. Personally i think the whole night bonus concept is flawed, but i wont bore you with that, unless you really fancy an ear chewing? :icon_wink:

either way i may actually make an appearance for these settings, any world without morale is always gonna catch my eye

EDIT:

Why are any of you even here then? If you don't like the night bonus, then don't play on a regional server. Go play .net! I am so sick of seeing people complain that we have the night bonus here, when there is a perfectly good reason for it.

But otherwise, as I said before, the settings looks very good. It's a shame I won't have the time to join the world.

just noticed this

1) this is a discussion about ALL the settings of this upcoming server, it doesnt state anywhere we are not allowed to discuss those settings which are considered to be non negotiable. People still complain about the troop speed...

2) i say awesome settings but i dont like the night bonus, just one part of it, that then equates to me not playing this world?

lastly, the whole idea behind the night bonus lunacy is as i said above stupid, and so im sorry but i disagree when you say there is a "good reason" for having it.

Your attitude would be like me saying, "well if you dont have time to play what are you doing here?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didnt like troop speed.. it is slow and I dont like packet sytem for nobles..
I wont join..sorry.. I prefer w42 in tw.net

DeletedUser

Depending on where you live in the Americas it's not so bad. Hawaii and Alaska barely even have to bother with it. But me down in TN gets is smashed in the face around 6PM. It's an annoying little bugger but altogether it's just a slight annoyance. Plus several of the American players are doing very good. On top of that the community here is much better then the .net ones so i stick around here more then .net

DeletedUser1508

I have never had a problem with night bonus... and that lasts from 12 - 7 PM for me, my most active times.

Sure, I would prefer it not to be there, but its not a make or break point on the world. Indeed, I would go one step farther and claim that it adds another level of strategy to the game. There is always the option to clear someone during night bonus, when they think that they are safe because of it.

So stop complaining... Its not going to change. Learn to incorporate it into your playing style, and you will be better for it.

DeletedUser

I didnt like troop speed.. it is slow and I dont like packet sytem for nobles..
I wont join..sorry.. I prefer w42 in tw.net

But, these settings (World Speed and Troops Speed) in consequence give exactly the same traveling time for each unit in comparision to tw.net (W3.co.uk = W42.net => 35min/field for Nobleman etc etc).

If only ... it is true (because in the past, on tw.net ... there were/are worlds with faster travel time from field to field - I mean with higher factor than 1), that:
Hint for future reference Game speed * Troop speed must=1 :icon_eek:
[...]
... honestly we can say, that Troops Speed setting depends of World Speed set ( 1/World Speed = Troops Speed :icon_idea: ).

Anyway, so far ... you stay only with anti-packet system argument ;) :icon_wink: .

DeletedUser

yeah you are right.. packet sytem is the main factor :icon_wink: .. speed is not bad so much...

DeletedUser

... honestly we can say, that Troops Speed setting depends of World Speed set ( 1/World Speed = Troops Speed :icon_idea: ).
Or the World speed depends on the troops speed:icon_confused: Chicken or egg thing, you really can't say either thus I had the same equation as you algebraically rearranged, thanks for the useless and incorrect comment though:icon_eek:

Anyway The settings are nice, too fast for my liking, I hate res mines with a passion:icon_redface: Simz I'm gonna kidnap you if you want to play its how I was drafted for the tribe I'm in, well kinda they asked me after they added me.

DeletedUser

[...] Chicken or egg thing, [...]

For some reason ... I think, that World (Server) Speed is the priority.
Time of building, researching, troops recruiting, growth of resources (so World Speed) ... not some imagined digit ... (called Troops Speed) - which ... finally, would be like a basement for discovering exact World Speed (so ... things, mentioned by me on the beginning of this sentence), especially ... if it doesn't affect on real units speed in the game, because (I will repeat - not only myself :icon_wink: ):

Hint for future reference Game speed * Troop speed must=1 :icon_eek:
[...]

Anyway, thanks for the useless comment to my ... even useless comment though:icon_eek:.

DeletedUser

For some reason ... I think, that World (Server) Speed is the priority.
Time of building, researching, troops recruiting, growth of resources (so World Speed) ... not some imagined digit ... (called Troops Speed) - which ... finally, would be like a basement for discovering exact World Speed (so ... things, mentioned by me on the beginning of this sentence), especially ... if it doesn't affect on real units speed in the game, because (I will repeat - not only myself :icon_wink: ):

Anyway, thanks for the useless comment to my ... even useless comment though:icon_eek:.
Well actually my coment goes towards his thoughts that there could be a world with good troop speeds which is no longer the case, and since the two variable used to be very separate, your thoughts on logic are plain wrong, there are worlds were game speed* troop speed>1 They just no longer make them due to the fact that they required too much server power:icon_idea: Anyway nice discussing this with you I tend not to open my mouth unless I know Im right. World with Speed of troops*Speed of world>1

Your name is quite appropriate

DeletedUser

2) i say awesome settings but i dont like the night bonus, just one part of it, that then equates to me not playing this world?

If you don't like night bonus then why try and join the UK server?? I would honestly say that 98% of the worlds that will be opened will all have night bonus, due to the simple fact that it is directed at mainly UK members or TW. It doesn't restrict you from playing TW.UK. So can people quit complaining about night bonus for UK there is always .NET with a much larger member base. The only people I would see complaining about night bonus, depending on the situation is the people who work night shifts.

DeletedUser

If you don't like night bonus then why try and join the UK server?? I would honestly say that 98% of the worlds that will be opened will all have night bonus, due to the simple fact that it is directed at mainly UK members or TW. It doesn't restrict you from playing TW.UK. So can people quit complaining about night bonus for UK there is always .NET with a much larger member base. The only people I would see complaining about night bonus, depending on the situation is the people who work night shifts.

Ummm I hate night bonuses but I played .uk twice. in W1.uk I was rank 2nd/3rd on this account with my co-player :|

anyways this world looks fun but I has no tribe or co-player to I probably won't join :(

DeletedUser

Ummm I hate night bonuses but I played .uk twice. in W1.uk I was rank 2nd/3rd on this account with my co-player :|

anyways this world looks fun but I has no tribe or co-player to I probably won't join :(

You can hate it. But why post that you hate it, it won't change it now, nor ever in the future is what I am saying.

DeletedUser

You can hate it. But why post that you hate it, it won't change it now, nor ever in the future is what I am saying.

how do you know that? I can promise you that at some time .uk will have a world without night bonuses.

DeletedUser

I should have mentioned "nearly"... As my other post mentions that more than likely 98% of the worlds will have night bonus.

DeletedUser

Night bonus is fine to me, and I'm American. Fun being able to send attacks to hit right after NB.

DeletedUser

I have no problems as NB is during my school time. I am happy. :)