Rumble and RA skirmishes discussion

• Thread starter Purple Predator
  • Start date

DeletedUser

No. Just no. Once again you have completely taken something in the wrong way. Lardingd was responding to the post before him:

In his response he was referring to both Rumble and RA. Excuse him if he used they're instead of we're. Perhaps we should touch up on our 'bad grammar' before coming to the forums, then maybe you will be able to understand us. In any case, he was in no way trying to degrade anyone's opinion of you, but you may have very well done just that yourself.

So yes, we may have started this war, both ingame and on the forums. But we will also be finishing it if you keep shooting yourselves in the foot by writing posts such as my opening quote.

On that note, good luck.

I've made no attempt at all to hide my alias, or that I'm a member of RA.

That added with this, he is saying he is clearly not hiding that he is in RA, thus if he were including himself he would say we, its not some small grammar thing. If I say you are fighting a war its entirely different from me saying we are fighting a war. Hardly a misinterpretation. Perhaps he failed to write what he meant but that is what he said. And again notice the lack of respect in your post about me. What ever I suppose

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Celtic Mist I would prefer it in future if you would please state your opinion rather than the opinion as a consensus. You change your speech from First person often; please include I more as opposed to One thinks this or that.

Thanks!!

DeletedUser

Old Owner

-Dashingly Dashing- RA

New Owner

Acko23 Awsom

:icon_surprised::icon_eek::icon_surprised::icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Just been reading a bit and i thought i would pick up on your posts just a little bit.

You use the phrase "One can't help but wonder" , surely it would have been better if you are indeed giving your opinion to have reworded this to "I can't help but wonder".

-grammar flame snip-

Just thought i would mention this.

well, reading your post backpack, makes me wonder!

Maybe Celtic, by saying "One" with a capital letter means "The one". Which would mean she is referring to mattcurr as to herself... which would imply they are multi's! or that she has a heavily bipolar personality!

Heck, that's borderline tripolar if you ask me! :icon_wink:

See... a conspiracy theory worth of Ender! :icon_redface:

Old Owner

-Dashingly Dashing- RA

New Owner

Acko23 Awsom

:icon_surprised::icon_eek::icon_surprised::icon_eek:

Thats what happens when a noob target you noble restarts.... all the other nearby noobs go: "Aaaahh a barb village... lets eat it" and snipe it of you :icon_rolleyes: I am sure though the owner will tell the story better.
SF

DeletedUser

Thats what happens when a noob target you noble restarts.... all the other nearby noobs go: "Aaaahh a barb village... lets eat it" and snipe it of you :icon_rolleyes: I am sure though the owner will tell the stroy better.

But where was the defence? I mean...:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

But where was the defence? I mean...:icon_eek:

Ah... for sneggy it was teatime... and you know.. it's the British server :icon_confused: They would have gone on strike if we made them work! (and if they did... you know what would happen to the workers revolution we are planning in Rumble villages???!?)

DeletedUser

would be stupid to defend it, the player in that account is much better than you most likely.

What? Stupid to defend a village that youve just nobled?

Please expand (on your point)

Im sure i could have defended it. If he had to eat. Then thats an excuse worth copyrighting, but your explination isnt making sense over here.

DeletedUser1508

That added with this, he is saying he is clearly not hiding that he is in RA, thus if he were including himself he would say we, its not some small grammar thing. If I say you are fighting a war its entirely different from me saying we are fighting a war. Hardly a misinterpretation. Perhaps he failed to write what he meant but that is what he said. And again notice the lack of respect in your post about me. What ever I suppose

The question itself could have been answered either way. Since it was asked by someone outside both RA and Rumble, it was perfectly fine to respond with "they're" since from his (Terror Man) point of view it is they who are fighting. Lardingd (elegant) was just responding using the questioners point of view. What is wrong with that?

Yet you at Rumble (well, yourself and Celtic Mist at least) seem so quick to jump at the slightest ambiguity that almost makes me wonder if you are as confident as you try to appear. People who jump at shadows are often worried about something else.

And lastly, my lack of respect for you. Hmmm. If any lack of respect was shown in my post, I think it found its source in your apparent lack of respect for lardingd and your speed to grab onto a tiny straw and proceed to throttle it to death.

DeletedUser

Reduaram; said:
Yet you at Rumble (well, yourself and Celtic Mist at least) seem so quick to jump at the slightest ambiguity that almost makes me wonder if you are as confident as you try to appear. People who jump at shadows are often worried about something else.

And lastly, my lack of respect for you. Hmmm. If any lack of respect was shown in my post, I think it found its source in your apparent lack of respect for lardingd and your speed to grab onto a tiny straw and proceed to throttle it to death.
My post, which is not particularly disrespectful, stems from what you claim to be a misunderstanding, yours merely from the need to inflame a situation? Which one sounds worse. If you are 100% correct then I was merely misinterpreting something, where as you and again in this post are trying to insult me.

Confidence? Where have I shown confidence in any posts in this thread, or regarding this war. I have not spoken of killing you guys rimming you, doing such things with ease, I challenge you to find me saying that. Only once have I ever gone on an offensive against one of you and that was ender, where yes I did attack his skill level, but that is because it is, and was lacking, and again in response to having been shown 0 respect. And having had my integrity challenged.

No matter how you cut this, I may have misinterpreted his post here but I am not the one beating my chest and claiming superiority, that would be you.

Edit:
Thus by disproving me you still prove me correct, in that you guys clearly are just out here to attack us. Note I still have not insulted you like you did to me, maturity perhaps? A level head maybe just respect for people who I consider my equals, what ever it is you are sorely missing it.

DeletedUser1508

My post, which is not particularly disrespectful, stems from what you claim to be a misunderstanding, yours merely from the need to inflame a situation? Which one sounds worse. If you are 100% correct then I was merely misinterpreting something, where as you and again in this post are trying to insult me.

Confidence? Where have I shown confidence in any posts in this thread, or regarding this war. I have not spoken of killing you guys rimming you, doing such things with ease, I challenge you to find me saying that. Only once have I ever gone on an offensive against one of you and that was ender, where yes I did attack his skill level, but that is because it is, and was lacking, and again in response to having been shown 0 respect. And having had my integrity challenged.

No matter how you cut this, I may have misinterpreted his post here but I am not the one beating my chest and claiming superiority, that would be you.

Just a few things:

• Confidence - On these forums the prevailing message that I get from you Rumbler's is one of confidence (NOT a bad thing). Your speed to assume that I meant it in a bad way just reinforces my previous claim on the subject. However, let us drop it now.
  • Claiming superiority - How am I doing this? All I was trying to do was to point out that lardingd meant something entirely different to what you assumed and so aggressively replied to. (You and Celtic Mist both). In all honesty, I don't think I talked about myself once in such a manner. However, see it as you will. We each are entitled to our own opinions, even if they differ from each other.
Anyway, perhaps we should a truce on these subjects. We have both made our points, and neither of us seem prepared to back down. Rather than continually butting our heads together, lets give it a rest and let our headaches subside :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

What? Stupid to defend a village that youve just nobled?

Please expand (on your point)

Im sure i could have defended it. If he had to eat. Then thats an excuse worth copyrighting, but your explination isnt making sense over here.

Pb... if he saw this attack incoming he most certainly could have defeated that attacker but since it landed unexpectedly there is not much anyone can do :lol:

DeletedUser1508

Right. I don't see the link between those comments. In the second one there is no indication that I thought we were doing better. I never said that we were winning. I never said that you were losing. I never claimed anything to that effect.
In my opinion, drawing a link between a suggestion that you are less confident than you appear and a claim to superiority is a bit loose.
Try come up with something more substantial when you post next?

P.S. That last sentence was not a claim to superiority either, just in case you were wondering :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser2118

Thanks reduaram for explaining my post for me. I hadn't realized it was so ambiguous...and apparently people got upset while I was afk :(. I thought it was clear I was referring to both tribes. And honestly I don't see how my answer makes sense otherwise. The reason I favored "their" was because all people can't be expected to know my alias, so their was a more a straightforward word choice from my perspective for the random viewer.

I wasn't insulting people for activity abuse, both tribes use it. Actually, I call my account activity abused and there is very rarely a non-me playing it ;). You can ask members of RA about my sleeping policies >_>'.

Take a chill pill celtic mist and the one you two keep responding to posts as if some extremely uncalled for insult has been thrown. I don't know about anyone else but when people keep doing that I think they're guilty of something more often than that the instigator did something outrageous....

DeletedUser

Right. I don't see the link between those comments. In the second one there is no indication that I thought we were doing better. I never said that we were winning. I never said that you were losing. I never claimed anything to that effect.
In my opinion, drawing a link between a suggestion that you are less confident than you appear and a claim to superiority is a bit loose.
Try come up with something more substantial when you post next?

P.S. That last sentence was not a claim to superiority either, just in case you were wondering :icon_biggrin:

You are afraid of shadow's. You need to learn to stop shooting yourself in your foot like you do in posts or we will win. You are clearly grasping at straws because you are possibly less confident than you project?

Okay does that sound nice, and does that sound like I am attempting to belittle you? Since everyone of those sentences is a paraphrasing of one of yours. I am the one grasping for straws? Perhaps not, I am still not the one that fill's every single one of my posts with some sort of jab at the other one.

DeletedUser

Take a chill pill celtic mist and the one you two keep responding to posts as if some extremely uncalled for insult has been thrown. I don't know about anyone else but when people keep doing that I think they're guilty of something more often than that the instigator did something outrageous....

People that know me, understand completely how i react when people accuse my tribe of acts that are completely untrue. Talk garbage about my tribe. I bite.. Hard.

Ender decided to make a post that was quite obnoxious, and russki followed up by questioning Rumble members integrity. Do you expect us to take a pro RA stance after postings meaning to discredit us are made? Action leads to Reaction. Cry me a river if you do not like it. RA members have no one to blame save themselves for said Reaction.

Regarding chill pills and who needs to take them. I suppose you would be first in line. I mean you did go a little off the edge when Wardy posted a one liner with a ":icon_wink: " emote. at the end. Truly, if that irks you so, perhaps you should not be partaking in forum debate as we do not want you going fully and wholly off the deep end, when someone decides to litter their post with said emoticons.

@ Red One could say the same about your members, could they not? I mean one needs look no farther than these forums to see who was the first to quickly jump at the slighest ambiguity in an attempt to make a certain tribe look bad. Clearly makes me wonder if RA are as confidence brimming as they appear, especially if they feel the need to resort to "bash threads" to help accomplish goals in game.

@ Backpack. I am entitled to post as i see fit, and will continue to do so. If using a particular phrase or word is going to upset you so, place me on your ignore list.

DeletedUser1508

You are afraid of shadow's. You need to learn to stop shooting yourself in your foot like you do in posts or we will win. You are clearly grasping at straws because you are possibly less confident than you project?

Okay does that sound nice, and does that sound like I am attempting to belittle you? Since everyone of those sentences is a paraphrasing of one of yours. I am the one grasping for straws? Perhaps not, I am still not the one that fill's every single one of my posts with some sort of jab at the other one.

Ah, good old paraphrasing. With it you can change the focus and message of almost any statement. Anyway, unless I am mistaken, you are attempting to show my "claim to superiority" through these paraphrased quotes of mine. However, in my opinion you still didn't manage to change them enough to do so.

• You are afraid of shadows - Calling the war/myself/ourselves a shadow does what? As far as I know, shadows are harmless.
  • You need to learn to stop shooting yourself in your foot like you do in posts or we will win - This statement has a clause, and is not a direct claim to success. It does not assume we will win. It assumes that we will win if you shoot yourselves in the foot too many times.
  • You are clearly grasping at straws because you are possibly less confident than you project - Reshuffling this sentence makes more sense and more correctly reflects my original statement... "you are possibly less confident than you project because you are grasping at straws". Anyway, this is an observation directed towards Rumble/you. It in no way suggests anything about RA being superior.
So please stop trying to twist my words in order to make them look more aggressive towards you. I have tried to be as unbiased as possible, and to simply point out flaws in your arguments. I have not actively attacked Rumble's skill or future in any way.

I will end this post by saying that I am sorry, but this will be my last post for a while. I may reenter the discussion at a later point if it gets more reasonable and interesting. Ciao.

P.S.
"if it gets more reasonable and interesting" WAS a claim to superiority. Just so you know.

DeletedUser2118

I will drop out following Reduaram.

I cannot deal with a forum where my posts are either followed by some sarcastic kind of baiting response when they are neutral, or by extreme indignation when my opinions are expressed.

I must wonder if this is how the PnP game play now works, and if so, I want no part in it.

Will there be some response now trying to call me out on irony or claim I'm insulting someone again now? I can't help but think the only reason there wouldn't be, is an attempt to show my opinion wrong. And the fact that I feel that way is too annoying to deal with.

Have fun with the forums.

DeletedUser

If you really think filling every single one of your posts with insults and jab's is unbiased, I think you are quite correct in the reasonableness of this conversation.

Ps: If you could not figure it out on your own your entire basis is wrong, I mean to say that you were claiming superiority through belittling me which has been the case in every single one of your posts. If you truly think those bullet's you made are not derogatory to me than you really must have issues speaking with people.