Rumble and RA skirmishes discussion

• Thread starter Purple Predator
  • Start date

DeletedUser

And on another note, PnP is PnP. Players are always going to post their own opinion and make their versions of propaganda. Just because someone (Ender, for example) posts something about a situation does not automatically mean that everyone else in his/her tribe has the same opinion.

(same for the rest of you Rumbler's, you all seem to be getting far too agitated about this).

OY !!! urm !!!! I'm a Rumbler , I'm not getting agitated :mad:

Get your facts right RED !!!! ok !!! :lol:

<3

DeletedUser

Ahhh squidly you go on like a broken record about this mighty defence you guys have..Where was it when russki was getting nobled?..

You guys still upset about not nobling TTTE i see, but every good leader knows never send a gun defensive players to do a offensive players job it is always going to fail..:icon_razz:

DeletedUser1508

Ahhh squidly you go on like a broken record about this mighty defence you guys have..Where was it when russki was getting nobled?..

You guys still upset about not nobling TTTE i see, but every good leader knows never send a gun defensive players to do a offensive players job it is always going to fail..:icon_razz:

I'm sorry, but I find this post hard to understand.

• Who/what is squidly?
  • What is a gun defensive player?

Also, the russki situation has already been explained. I am not going to reiterate it all here.
And about TTTE, it was an unfortunate occurance, are we supposed to forget it? 12% chance and it had to fail on that train :icon_sad: A lot of what has happened on the RA/Rumble border has been affected hugely by that. Please note that I am not "upset" about it, but the fact still stands that it was an unfortunate end to a daring act.

DeletedUser

First of all, I would like to say that I originally asked The Revenant not to post anything about Hoang, since I respect him as a friend and player... but The Rev talked me over :icon_sad:

So here I go... Gotta put in my two cents since every one else is putting in whole dollars already.

/begin
Anyway, from where I stand, Hoang Ngheim did all the right things. Nothing brillant, nothing terrible.

• He got his main stacked by someone (I doubt that 3.5k/3.5k was all his, especially considering that we nobled his second village before we hit his main).
  • He prenobled his second village and promptly renobled it after we had taken it. We knew this would be a possiblility, but had to take the chance. There weren't really many more options to be honest.
  • He tried to backtime me. Obviously I hadn't sent all my O, but he still knew that my two nobles were enough to take his main in one more trip. He had to try to kill at least one of them, in order to gain some more time. His first backtime was (in my memory) 300 MS off, with a followup attack being 300 MS behind that. I thought he cancelled due to thinking that I would have dodged in that gap. So he cancelled and tried again... obviously now impossible to do at ram speed.
So, from what I have seen, Hoang neither did anything extrememly well, or extrememly bad. He put up a good fight and did the best he could, which was as good as I think I would have been able to do in that situation, as well as most other players in RA or Rumble.

And on another note, PnP is PnP. Players are always going to post their own opinion and make their versions of propaganda. Just because someone (Ender, for example) posts something about a situation does not automatically mean that everyone else in his/her tribe has the same opinion. Also, what russki is trying to say and what seems to be flying over Rumble heads is that just because he agrees with a small part of Ender's post's does not mean that he endorses it all.
As to the last RA vs Rumble thread, due to being away for the weekend I was unable to have my say. So for the record, Window was never approached by Rumble asking us to attack RA. Sure, there were a few joking comments about how they hoped RA and Window would fight, but nothing serious. So Ender was wrong on that, and I am a bit disappionted that the thread was closed before I had a chance to say anything to the contrary.

But back to this thread, hoang did us over. Losses were high, but we (I at least) never really expected anything else. That is just what comes of taking down a player that has 4 villages when you mostly only have one yourselves.
So good fight hoang, and don't take anything here personally (same for the rest of you Rumbler's, you all seem to be getting far too agitated about this). This should be a good ingame war/battle, please don't exhaust yourselves through futile arguements and always trying to have the last word. Perhaps try to remain cool and calm like russki is trying to do?

As someone else said before me, nobles stand at one each, with a close miss on Thomas The Tank Engine.
I say good luck to both sides (with more good luck to RA though, I think we might need it soon enough)
/end

:icon_wink:

/methinks this is teh best post now.
Thank you for not going I R AMAZING!!!!! I NOBLED OF OF HOANG!!!!!!
Though, I must say well done. When reading through this, I decided to go look a few things up. One of which is that the blink of an eye is about 400 ms long. Now, I think that when you are at the point where you are calculating your lag and when you need to click a key to 1 sixth of that, or less, NO ONE can flame you for being unskilled. This goes at both parties, RA and Hoang.
I really didn't hear everything, but I know a bit more than most of the UK3 population, and I think it is safe to say nice job to hoang for killing off 4 nobles, and 2+ half+ nukes with or without support. And, kudos to red for nobling a village off of one of the most skilled players in TW, with or without help.
Most of this post is aimed in general at what I have read, some may sound like it is aimed at a post of yours (mostly toward elegant, russki, and pervie).
I don't want to hear Hoang got help, or RA teamed up. You both got help, 5+ players in RA attacked, and hoang got support from quite a few people (however measly it was (aimed ta myself and the 75 spears of support I sent) :D). Hoang is skilled, so is red. I don't really think anybody can dispute that. Until today/yesterday (cba to check twstats), honag had double the points of the rank 2 player. If that isn't skill, than I really don't know what is.
I also really don;t want to hear anything about ruskki getting nobled, why does that matter? (well ok, I guess it actually does to this thread, but not to this conversation). He put up an OK fight, but it also took place a while ago, when troop counts were lower in general, so expect him to not have killed as much in numbers. And, who knows, maybe hoang is slightly better, but that really is not too important.
Hoang made a small mistake, he was off in a backtime by a blink of an eye (reread my first paragraph). I don't think that entitles anybody to say that he is an idiot. Even if teh defender has an advantage, it takes a good amount of skill to kill of 2.5 million+ resources worth of troops.
So, yeah

Ninja: this post seems modlike
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah... my fan it seems!
Thank you, i was already getting bored and here I get such a jewel of a post. However, minding the appeals above, I will not feed obvious trolls.

Shame, I expected this argument can be less of bashing and more of a level headed discussion about strategies after the initial heat died down. Sadly, I was mistaken.

SF

DeletedUser

also really don;t want to hear anything about ruskki getting nobled, why does that matter? (well ok, I guess it actually does to this thread, but not to this conversation). He put up an OK fight, but it also took place a while ago, when troop counts were lower in general, so expect him to not have killed as much in numbers. And, who knows, maybe hoang is slightly better, but that really is not too important

Zard, russki lost his main yesterday, not a while ago.. it was roughly 14 hours before hoang lost his main. :/

DeletedUser

As long as we're on discussion thing. I want to make another point!

The talk of veterans in tribalwars is amusing. Well let me do this with some science.
(Sorry for lack of citations if following, but I am unfortunately too lazy to get any...and if you want verification it shouldn't be so hard to get it)

There is a cute little concept about mastering skills. It's a nice curve over a 10 year period from the introduction to a new skill to the point where you become an expert in it. This has to do with most career jobs. Anything from secretarial work to nuclear physics, with a slight stretch or thin of the 10 year period. Anyhow the relevance here is that in most games it's found that a similar curve exists but rather than a 10 year period it becomes a roughly 1 year period. Now, this is also taking into account the normal person.

What's the point? The point is once you hit a year in a game like tw, experience based skill differences in comparing players is negligible. Now lets go back to hoang, if I remember correctly w36 was last spring and that wasn't his first world...and few would dispute hoang is your average player. So no offense meant to hoang, but unfortunately calling him impressive based on length of time he's been playing tw is well...not so applicable anymore.

Now, in my personal experience it took me just over a year (with months of breaks) to hit a stage of expertise, where the only things really left were super-technical silly stuff, like when do cancel attacks return >_>. Better yet, the biggest jumps in my skill in that first year was from finding incredibly intuitive players and merging in their feel for the game into what suited me. Players that were playing their first core world. (@ hoang, your second village idea is actually quit common among the "star newbs")

Lets bring in another interesting point as well. It's actually the case that first-try start ups have a significantly higher chance of success then the 2nd try. Common reasons for this include that people may be much more dedicated their first time, or that people become overly relaxed in the repetition of the pattern. With relations to a game, it suggests the newer players actually have an advantage over a vets in the minor details! Maybe should be praising the old timers for keeping up with the newer players ;)

Um yeah to reiterate, totally prompted to make this point by the amazingly frequent posts praising new players for competing/besting old.

Edit: @rumble, you know what's really low? Taking a person's sportsmanship and making fun of them for it. Yeah, I generally view people who do that as trash.

I think the major flaw in your argument is the nature of this game, you can go for 3 years without really needing to fight, or venturing to the forums, staying in your little segment, and at the same time, this first 2 weeks of game play is unlike any other section of game play that there is, thus to rack up the amount of experience you are talking about in a specific facet may take longer. It would be as though it was a never ending game tick tack toe, verses the normal game of tick tack toe the two would be dissimilar and comparing the curve of learning different.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but I find this post hard to understand.

• Who/what is squidly?
  • What is a gun defensive player?

Also, the russki situation has already been explained. I am not going to reiterate it all here.
And about TTTE, it was an unfortunate occurance, are we supposed to forget it? 12% chance and it had to fail on that train :icon_sad: A lot of what has happened on the RA/Rumble border has been affected hugely by that. Please note that I am not "upset" about it, but the fact still stands that it was an unfortunate end to a daring act.

SqUiddles = Rev

Gun - awesome, sorry forget i am Australian sometimes and the rest of you guys and girls are not.

12% chance huh try about 50 on this world. The loyalty drops on the world seem to be insanely low.

As for the Russki comment was just the fact that the SqUiddler mentioned HN's defensive actions were neither good or bad.What does that make russkis obviously terrible maybe he should have sat Russki and sniped for him as he obviously needed help?. You guys have all these defensive troops so i was commenting on them as well and how maybe some of them should have been there.

The sqUidmeister also noted how Violence wasted his axes on him, he is now in possession of Russki's village so it was not all in vein. Daring act or not it failed and he has lost his main and i blame the SqUidlinator for this fact.Great defensive players shouldn't launch nobles on important targets as their nobles are generally donkeys and never get high loyalty losses.:icon_razz:

That post was just a ribbing at Squidilicous nothing more.I actually congratulated you for your noble on HN as have other players in Rumble, sad to see it was made into more than what it should have been and should not have been posted in the forum in the first place as Russki's wasn't.

Ra was the tribe to bring this into the forum not us we just responded.So for Ra members to get antsy about the things we write about them is silly.If you guys/girls have a issue with it control your members and how they go about things in the forums and it will be fine.

<3 for the SqUidtopian

UBS

DeletedUser1511

To be perfectly honest. I think this topic has lost any entertainment value it may have once had. This whole thing was started due to SF trying to 'have fun'. I think that its over, and if we are going to bring things up lets make it as part of a civilised discussion.

As for the whole Rumble kept the whole russki nobling thing so we could use it ( something similiar). Call me naive, but i genuinely thought Russki did not try to split it, mainly due to the fact someone said he had planned on quiting anyway. Had i know he had tried i might have slid it in :icon_wink:

But seriously. Hoang is a good player can we drop it :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

the flame ends, the fun ended as well =(
us watches are sadz

DeletedUser

Wow.
Long thread. Whats up with Rumble n RA??
What i know.

RA attacking hoang asap. He made terrific defenses and well lost his 2nd village.

Btw. skilled writing, discussion and Pnp

DeletedUser

OK I think we hit on the most important detail of this thread and something I certainly want to know :
Why is Rev .. nicknamed sqUiddles ? :icon_eek:

<3

Uh.. on W26 i played as Sqid... but UBS, amongst others, kept spelling Squid as somehow they couldn't get their heads round the idea of a uless Squid.. :mad: so... Sqid = Squid = sqUid = sqUiddles :icon_neutral:

Also, UBS is totally right... I was meant to snipe, had a few tries but missed one.. maybe it would have been the lucky snipe? :icon_cry: Already noted to self to always keep 4 swords at hand in every village for support trains. :icon_redface:

Still though... sniping a 59 msec train requires 50% skill (to get it into the right half of a second) and 50% luck (to get it in the right 58 out of 500 msecs).

SF

DeletedUser

All this does, is work to the detriment of both tribes involved.

Why must it be brought to the forums in such an ugly manner?

It's been a good, fun fight. This is the most fun I've had on TW, in quite a long time. I don't understand why it has to be ruined with flaming.
BOTH sides have had their successes and failures.

I fail to understand why we can't discuss the battle on friendly terms?

DeletedUser

I don't like any personal flaming whatsoever, but that's simply my own opinion. Of course, no-one is perfect and sometimes in the heat of the moment, it can happen.

But RA and Rumble are both highly respectable, in my eyes. Always have been. And to come on the forums and see this, I lose respect for both sides.

Now, if that's happening to *me*, as a member of one of the tribes involved, imagine how people who don't know us see this. I know if I were not involved, I'd read this thread and think "What a bunch of whingey losers"

It seems the flaming in this thread has died down of it's own accord though.
I only hope this really is the end of it, and we can have some decent PnP about the epic battles in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmmm Revenant why are you flaming anyone when you're having people outside your tribe clear for you? xD

Command Destination Origin arrival time Arrival in
ram, the pub, K44 Generic (479|495) K44 kaelome today at 08:04 4:50:55
Noble, Animators Workshop, K44 Generic (479|495) K44 The Revenant today at 08:28 5:14:42
Noble, Animators Workshop, K44 Generic (479|495) K44 The Revenant today at 08:28 5:14:42

DeletedUser

However, I think what happened AFTER enders thread is where things went too far, aswell as the thread itself.

See, and while i understand your viewpoint. From a Rumble members perspective, things were taken to far the moment Ender pressed the "Submit Post" button. It was a flame many in Rumble felt was taken too far. Question our ingame abilities, question our skills. Do not question our Integrity. Im certain that rule applies for most, and its why I make a point of not biting until someone attacks me or my tribe.

The flaming has indeed died, and hopefully it will stay that way. I much prefer doing my talking via ingame, than flaming a tribe through externals.

The bottom line, is we do look forward to Warring RA in UK 3 and im certain they would say the same regarding us. Id rather not "cheapen" the experience through attacks on credibility or via pathetic Conspiracy theories that are entirely baseless.

DeletedUser

Uh.. on W26 i played as Sqid... but UBS, amongst others, kept spelling Squid as somehow they couldn't get their heads round the idea of a uless Squid.. :mad: so... Sqid = Squid = sqUid = sqUiddles :icon_neutral:

Also, UBS is totally right... I was meant to snipe, had a few tries but missed one.. maybe it would have been the lucky snipe? :icon_cry: Already noted to self to always keep 4 swords at hand in every village for support trains. :icon_redface:

Still though... sniping a 59 msec train requires 50% skill (to get it into the right half of a second) and 50% luck (to get it in the right 58 out of 500 msecs).

SF

Still have your quikbar in my Notepad:D I thought you played as petani.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Wow, a fitting punishment for the lot of you would be to close the only decent thread in UK 3 and let you all rot rating the best player/sig/tribe. And then I would get to enjoy infracting you all for continuing the rumble / ra conflict in an off-topic manner.

But I won't. Next person to defy my conditions in the stickied thread gets a 1 week holiday from the forums.

Control yourselves... This really is the only decent thread here, don't get it locked.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]Wow, a fitting punishment for the lot of you would be to close the only decent thread in UK 3 and let you all rot rating the best player/sig/tribe. And then I would get to enjoy infracting you all for continuing the rumble / ra conflict in an off-topic manner.

But I won't. Next person to defy my conditions in the stickied thread gets a 1 week holiday from the forums.

Control yourselves... This really is the only decent thread here, don't get it locked.[/ke]

I know this is a little off topic, but I read through those rules you posted, and I don't really understand them. Can you clarify/explain them a bit for us?