Top 20 Tribes Opinions! <3

DeletedUser5450

astuteuk Quote:Originally Posted by Lyon23
evening.
kinda hoping thats not a dig ?? neither of our tribes started on the rim, but we both own the rims now ;) SPQR owns alot of the NE rim of this world does it not !!

Yes, we have just arrived there Lyon, I am sure you are not suggesting we've had time to kill a few less established villages? Might do wonders for our ODA though :p

pmsl, everyone's got time for taking "less established villa's" its like candy from a baby... not that i would ever do that. :lol:
i hope they provide you with plentiful ODA.
hopefully SYND / united / whatever there now called are doing the same for you, it's where im getting all mine :p

@ wilgore - great post that bud.

Anyone can pick a village, add some troops to the rally point, and hit the attack button.

thats what i do :icon_redface: most the time im not even looking at which village i have picked. pmsl.

iim jezz

#814 28.07.2010, 21:18 Top
Quote:Originally Posted by Celph Titled
yh.. we have noticed that ^^

they should let their hands away from my targets or i will show them my banana

what does your banana do?

also wouldn't mind knowing... for future reference :p

DeletedUser

ODD is down to the action of others, often people get discouraged very quickly once they know you can defend.

As to hiding behind big tribes (getting back on topic), big tribes have become big through nobleing others, other tribes. Changing the name of a tribe several times does not hide the fact that a war is being lost and being lost badly.

SYND, United, Apoc, Mushroom Stroganof or whatever they are called now.

DeletedUser

big tribes have become big through nobleing others, other tribes.

Not necessarily. A lot of big tribes in today's TW gameplay become big through mergers. Even W1N of W1 became even bigger through a merge with CHE!!!

*Sigh* I miss the old TW.

DeletedUser

ODD is down to the action of others, often people get discouraged very quickly once they know you can defend.

As to hiding behind big tribes (getting back on topic), big tribes have become big through nobleing others, other tribes. Changing the name of a tribe several times does not hide the fact that a war is being lost and being lost badly.

SYND, United, Apoc, Mushroom Stroganof or whatever they are called now.

Most big tribes have got to were they are at by recruiting players and mergers. A few stick together and grow together but that is quite rare.

As for the changing the name of the tribe part atleast we are standing and finding. There are many a player that when losing a war jump ship which I really see as the pathetically weak thing to do. You know a few that have done that mrchief ;).

DeletedUser

Mergers happen, a reality of the game on all worlds including the .net ones.

However tribes also expand through war, the successful tribes are the ones that have a combination of both which in reality is a pragmatic approach. I feel that football is a good analogy here. You are the manager of a top football team, and one of your rivals has a really great player. You are faced with 2 options:

1 Hire a hit man and have him killed (effective but would have repercussions)
2 Get out the cash and recruit him to your team where you can make use of his skill.

There is nothing wrong with mergers I have been involved in a couple myself in my time on both sides of the coin. However I will agree with you on one front that a player jumping ship because he/she is losing is pretty low.....................and yes I do know people who have done this, however the outcome for the most recent remained pretty much unchanged :)

DeletedUser

Mergers happen, a reality of the game on all worlds including the .net ones.

However tribes also expand through war, the successful tribes are the ones that have a combination of both which in reality is a pragmatic approach. I feel that football is a good analogy here. You are the manager of a top football team, and one of your rivals has a really great player. You are faced with 2 options:

2 Get out the cash and recruit him to your team where you can make use of his skill.

There is nothing wrong with mergers I have been involved in a couple myself in my time on both sides of the coin. However I will agree with you on one front that a player jumping ship because he/she is losing is pretty low.....................and yes I do know people who have done this, however the outcome for the most recent remained pretty much unchanged :)

Well..i dont agreed with u..

I think if you'll only recruit the great players focused and only the small as well as the opponents have weaken you because you tribe will limit him in the full growing environment ..

what will happen? earlier odr later many RIM-players have just blue dots around it
what will happen? it is hard and time consuming to restructure those players .. them to create new front etc.

there must be some balancing .. the growth of a tribe may not be based on the recruiting!

the priority is: destroy the Enemy!!!

You are faced with 2 options:

There is nothing wrong with mergers I have been involved in a couple myself in my time on both sides of the coin.

especially this words makes me :icon_rolleyes:

it looks like u think its better to get option 2.. i guess u have indeed missing the principle from TW ^^'

DeletedUser

Maybe you should read before dismissing a comment

the successful tribes are the ones that have a combination of both which in reality is a pragmatic approach

And I do not miss the principle of tribal wars

DeletedUser

Maybe you should read before dismissing a comment

And I do not miss the principle of tribal wars

^^

Ras Al Ghul Joined 11th June 2010 - 19:58 1,432,766
ibilis111 Joined 08th June 2010 - 16:38 616,941
ljackymax Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 1,436,720
Fishers99 Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 1,131,958
DannyBoii Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 682,141
Warpath Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 408,695
XS massacre Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 926,298
redscouser Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 2,414,883
Trudi Joined 06th June 2010 - 04:32 1,048,966
noel glen mcgrath Joined 06th June 2010 - 02:13 970,568
Doozy Joined 03rd June 2010 - 23:32 1,235,126

just as example.. its not mean bad :icon_wink:
the rest of the ui-crew joined SPQR..

i guess u call 11 members recruit during 1 week as "succesfull Balanced out both options" exactly?

same is happend with the old-Jack crew

looks for me like: start the war.. gooing lazy on it and then recruit the left ones :icon_rolleyes:

i check the facts b4 i post.. u do it also? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Ahh now I understand you Celph this is just SPQR bashing.

Well so be it no real point in discussing any further as anything I say will be wrong because I am in SPQR :)

DeletedUser

Ahh now I understand you Celph this is just SPQR bashing.

Well so be it no real point in discussing any further as anything I say will be wrong because I am in SPQR :)

lol its not bashing SPQR :icon_eek:
but i can see a bit your point, why u think it would be :icon_confused:

but anyway.. was mean like Peopls who lives in glasshouses should not throw with stones :icon_wink: i guess it was anything like that ;P

it was just a discussing about recruiting and the "Balance" from it.. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe you should also look at recent recruiting by Egg and Death

DeletedUser

simply put IMHO i think personally that neither are perticually great as a stat on thier own!
however both show skills when combined together and with points ranking and continent stats and awards (for newer worlds) these give a good indication of the skill the player is capable of

As stated before peeps can hid behind a tribes and be a complete defending noob! and get tribal support from their tribe basicly meaning that their ODD sky rockets
however typically these people usually have a very poor ODA and other rankings too, therefore giving you a picture of weather there capable or not....

however...
Some players have a poor ODD cos people are scared to attack them, allbeit because of huge points, personal or tribal reputation, or the other stats... and these players in comparison have no ODD at all (kinda like me on world 3) however this does not mean that they can not defend.... just not been able to prove it...!
take me for examle, im sure theres people from w1 who remember the w1n vs ORC war first time round, w1n backed me 100% and defended against a continent, but that defence doesnt last forever when you have more than 500 incoming daily for months... losing less than villas than i could count on my hand... and still have a ranked ODD account and i left 6 months ago.... and more recently W4... where i had a tribal op take place on me and i only lost one low point villa, defending without tribal support for the majority as it was short range and mass organised,

my point being for years ive seen people argue on external forums that ODA is superior and ODD doesnt matter because you can just get 'stacked'
well i just want to air my views...

YOU PEOPLE ARE WRONG! neither mean anything alone, anyone can throw nukes around and anyone can get stacked... however if you really want to know someones capabilities do your homework... look at all their stats and tw stats history graphs etc, or simply attack them and see if there as good as you think... it always the most fun and lets face it! this is after all tribal wars,

if you wanna know if the dude with no ODD is an easy target - try him, ;-)

same as

Also - just cos someone has good stats doesnt mean that theyre a good player, at this stage in a world, many players have handed thier accounts over to a 'new' player to take over, or been a co-played account and then separated etc... best to go off gut and balls and go get some.... :p

happy warring people!

DeletedUser

Good post, and I actually agree with you.

I was not actually saying that ODA is better than ODD, just that ODA is a proactive measure, meaning that it measures actions decided upon by yourself, and ODD is a reactive measure showing your reactions to the actions of others.

ODD is harder to read though as it can indeed be a false measure showing the actions of tribe mates, but by no means always so, and as you say no one stat is, on it's own a measure of a player. Many things should be taken into account.

Effectively stats should be viewed as a whole. A player can have high points, but if it is all barbs and internals, what does that mean?

When viewing a player the whole should be looked at so well said.

DeletedUser

Top Tribe in W3

new top tribe in world Nice play

:icon_wink:TFF take the Lead

DeletedUser

1. TFF - A Good solid tribe who are doing pretty well eating up the remains of their enemies, But only got to rank1 by recruiting a couple of new members but still a good solid tribe

2. EGG - seem to be doing well considering they are blocked in by all of the other top4, did well in their war against CK put them down from 25mil to just 2mil know, also eating up the breakaway tribes from CK, also are warring Rev know

3. SPQR - Have had a name for being a vicious tribe in the past and the oldest tribe on UK3, have upset a few people in the last couple of weeks including dukes of the top 2tribes, Will UK3 finally see a big war? WHo knows but lets hope so might liven things up around here. But still a solid tribe who wont go down easy no matter who they are against.

4. Death - Growth seems to have slown down recently because of agreements with SPQR and EGG, eating away from the Rim is what they seem to be doing, maybe a war would be good for them for expansion but which way will they choose?

5. Rev - Family tribe just says it all, makes it even worse when you say they munch barbs aswell :icon_eek:, anyway seem to have found war with EGG after recruiting ex-CK, how will they? they seem to be very clustered up so could be hard to brake but once they are broke it could be an easy victory for EGG.

6. AOTS-E - Alot of controversy over these guys, it has been suggested that they are an acadmey of SPQR and also a family of TFF, i see no solid evidence as both parties reject the claims, been on UK3 a while know but can see them going soon as the big 4 are starting to take over.

7. ~MASK~ - layed around inbetween EGG and Death, just check the conquer stats and it says all you need to know about them, will be very hard to take out aswell as their barb munching will come in usefull for them, very tightly clustered up and it seems to be expanding daily into EGG's and Death's territory.

8-20 all seem to be a waste of time to Rate dont see any of them doing anything and most of them are just getting eaten by the bigger tribes.

DeletedUser

1. TFF - A Good solid tribe who are doing pretty well eating up the remains of their enemies, But only got to rank1 by recruiting a couple of new members but still a good solid tribe

2. EGG - seem to be doing well considering they are blocked in by all of the other top4, did well in their war against CK put them down from 25mil to just 2mil know, also eating up the breakaway tribes from CK, also are warring Rev know

3. SPQR - Have had a name for being a vicious tribe in the past and the oldest tribe on UK3, have upset a few people in the last couple of weeks including dukes of the top 2tribes, Will UK3 finally see a big war? WHo knows but lets hope so might liven things up around here. But still a solid tribe who wont go down easy no matter who they are against.

4. Death - Growth seems to have slown down recently because of agreements with SPQR and EGG, eating away from the Rim is what they seem to be doing, maybe a war would be good for them for expansion but which way will they choose?

5. Rev - Family tribe just says it all, makes it even worse when you say they munch barbs aswell :icon_eek:, anyway seem to have found war with EGG after recruiting ex-CK, how will they? they seem to be very clustered up so could be hard to brake but once they are broke it could be an easy victory for EGG.

6. AOTS-E - Alot of controversy over these guys, it has been suggested that they are an acadmey of SPQR and also a family of TFF, i see no solid evidence as both parties reject the claims, been on UK3 a while know but can see them going soon as the big 4 are starting to take over.

7. ~MASK~ - layed around inbetween EGG and Death, just check the conquer stats and it says all you need to know about them, will be very hard to take out aswell as their barb munching will come in usefull for them, very tightly clustered up and it seems to be expanding daily into EGG's and Death's territory.

8-20 all seem to be a waste of time to Rate dont see any of them doing anything and most of them are just getting eaten by the bigger tribes.

good review

a few pointers

TFF are not a family with aots, and never have been, and i know better than anyone cause ive been in with both of them

they are a sort of family with SPQR though

TFF are also at war with CK but you only mention egg are