Debate: Nobling active player villages against Barb Nobling.

DeletedUser8687

tbh i think you have to find a balance, too much of either for me would have a bad effect, like life really. right wing left wing, always best to be near the middle.

extremely strict--------------tooo laid back
extrovertly in everybodys face------------ shy as a mouse. Stick too the middle!

barbs are there for a reason, to be farmed and nobled if the situation fits.

Ska you say you would love to take nauz?? he loves the odd barbie :p

DeletedUser5175

I would, he knows that, i would never win - but i wont learn anything nobling barbs - it's of course silly to say always and never, but in generall i like to have fun when i can and fighting a barb isn't my idea of that

@ Dom you start of with a thread that's fairly open, and now you've regressed to 3 artificial situations so forgive me if i'd rather talk about what i know about instead of selecting out of options designed to make barb munching the only option.

DeletedUser

I would, he knows that, i would never win - but i wont learn anything nobling barbs - it's of course silly to say always and never, but in generall i like to have fun when i can and fighting a barb isn't my idea of that

@ Dom you start of with a thread that's fairly open, and now you've regressed to 3 artificial situations so forgive me if i'd rather talk about what i know about instead of selecting out of options designed to make barb munching the only option.

It can be open, I just wanted to move the conversation along. That situation is clearly a construct and not for every purpose. Everyone has a different situation and thus set of experiences.

DeletedUser3642

am i missing something here?

regardless of offensive or defensive build, whether you noble barbs or players - one thing remains.

To win the world, you have to defeat the other tribes

To defeat the other tribes - do you deprive them of resource, troops time which are all replaceable, or do you deprive them of something which cannot be replaced?

This is a coin world. Therefore - destroy a tribes coins, and you destroy the tribe. The way to destroy a tribes coins, is by killing its members. To destroy its member - you need to beat them with a large wooden stick with a lump of metal at the end.

If you just noble barbs... and they just noble barbs... no one makes progress, everyone gets bored, half of the people leave, you internal villages from your own tribe, and get 90% of your growth from other people.... which is kinda boring in my opinion!

Offensive troops all the way, kill kill kill... be the big bad bully, and people quit at the sight of you coming... instant win, the opposing tribe loses all that players coins

Mike

DeletedUser8815

I would, he knows that, i would never win - but i wont learn anything nobling barbs - it's of course silly to say always and never, but in generall i like to have fun when i can and fighting a barb isn't my idea of that.

So Ska, how much fun are you having? Oh, didn't you mindlessly build offence lost it all in attacking poorly chosen targets, then quit.

The object is to survive and prosper, in order to ensure that, it required that i build a base made out of barbs. But now I can take out most other players and have loads of fun, while all you can do is talk about it in the forums.

So, I ask you who has the most fun? me, in the hall of fame, or you just talking about it?

As they say, those that can, do,,,,and those that can't just talk about it.

DeletedUser

I will add to locatus's argument.
10000 point village, fully built, requires 1.5 nukes loss to clear and noble
3000 point village, 10/5 rax /stable, requires a loss of 200 axes to clear some sp and sw that is spiking it

In three days, which one will net you a higher overall troopcount?

DeletedUser3642

I will add to locatus's argument.
10000 point village, fully built, requires 1.5 nukes loss to clear and noble
3000 point village, 10/5 rax /stable, requires a loss of 200 axes to clear some sp and sw that is spiking it

In three days, which one will net you a higher overall troopcount?

except you have one less noble costing you X amount of coins - whereas the enemy still has all their players and all their coins...

when you get to 500+ villages, you'd be wishing you hadnt nobled all those barbs...

DeletedUser

except you have one less noble costing you X amount of coins - whereas the enemy still has all their players and all their coins...

when you get to 500+ villages, you'd be wishing you hadnt nobled all those barbs...

So use your troop advantage to farm more.

DeletedUser5175

So use your troop advantage to farm more.

Farm wars yay
Skype-emoticons-14-dull.gif

So Ska, how much fun are you having? Oh, didn't you mindlessly build offence lost it all in attacking poorly chosen targets, then quit.

The object is to survive and prosper, in order to ensure that, it required that i build a base made out of barbs. But now I can take out most other players and have loads of fun, while all you can do is talk about it in the forums.

So, I ask you who has the most fun? me, in the hall of fame, or you just talking about it?

As they say, those that can, do,,,,and those that can't just talk about it.

Having the time of my life LB, I got a new job in south korea and with moving to a new country to start a new job i decided to leave TW, really like it over here cheap drink and pretty girls :icon_razz: Before i went i gave all my villages to rev and then hit delete. But i enjoyed attacking people when i did play, as i did on worlds 2 and 6 as well, on w1 when i was an epic n00b (ask stutzy about that) I barb munched and didn't enjoy it half as much as the later worlds I played. Never had any trouble surviving cos on those worlds as it's been said - be the bully, there was no one around me who wanted to threaten me because I nobled or farmed the threats and that made me biggger and scarier to them each time. Also really mindlessly build off? I was pretty much 1:1 on 7

But if you want to talk about phailing locutas - rage and Tutor how'd you do? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Farm wars yay
Skype-emoticons-14-dull.gif

no mate, i got a new job in south korea and with moving to a new country to start a new job i decided to leave TW, but before i went i gave all my villages to rev and then hit delete. But i enjoyed attacking people when i did play, as i did on worlds 2 and 6 as well, on w1 when i was an epic n00b (ask stutzy about that) I barb munched and didn't enjoy it half as much as the later worlds I played. Never had any trouble surviving cos on those worlds as it's been said - be the bully, there was no one around me who wanted to threaten me because I nobled or farmed the threats and that made me biggger and scarier to them each time. Also really mindlessly build off? I was pretty much 1:1 on 7

But if you want to talk about phailing locutas - rage and Tutor how'd you do? :lol:

I never said it was a good way to play, but it is a way I have played, and it lets you play better. Not funner, but better. ANd you are a larger asset to your tribe if you do.

DeletedUser8815

Excellent thanks. rage and tutor are/were both mainly noobs. Those that weren't noobs were happy to follow me and are now safely installed in knk, players like mark4744, reshlock, added to these were the experienced players from tutor such as cherubim, whiteshizen added to that are the best players from spqr such as bladesmanstan which shows your criticism of my allying with them in tutor was unfounded. Now we are all in the top ranked tribe and looking pretty unstoppable while your hero is out in the cold just waiting for the gangbang which surely isn't too far away.

tbh all those that have supported me have now been well rewarded.

Enjoy south korea, I know what you mean, I am a regular traveller to the far east, in particular thailand

DeletedUser5175

yeah i love rev hehe and i don't deny that i wasn't pro huggles when asked about it in tutor, each to his own though :)

ps im sure him and gem are looking forward to having a proper fight - it's why they play the game after all :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8815

yeah i love rev hehe and i don't deny that i wasn't pro huggles when asked about it in tutor, each to his own though :)

ps im sure him and gem are looking forward to having a proper fight - it's why they play the game after all :)

betcha when the fight does come to them they will lose a few vills and then quit, no fun losing

DeletedUser

Before the mod comes in, any post before 55 was fine and still in my eyes within topic because it explores a set of examples for attack and defence. I dont mind a bit of banter in the thread.

DeletedUser

Only went to me cause the big bad world is a church world.

On topic:

Those that noble barbs and do it for a few months ... My money is on them quiting the game quicker than those that fight.
There's basically three scenarios in this game.
1. Barb noble and become a turtle.
2. Stand out and attack, take players villages from them cause thats what the game is about.
3. Be the taken.

My money is on the nbr 2's and 15-25% of the 3's sticking around longer than the 1's. Reason being is that people who get nobled learn something and then want to try a little harder. Obviously there's the ones that just hit the delete key straight off which is more than likely the larger number being the missing 75-85%.

Oh, I suppose there's the 4th option of where people join play for a day then go grey. But enough about them.

Off Topic:
Locust. No offence bud but you do realise that everyone who's name means something / anything left this world a very long time ago.

Gem and I aren't actively playing the world but if ya wanna pick a weekend / week / month that you're tribe will finally be ready to tackle us... feel free, I'll make sure one of us is overlooking proceedings. At odds of rank 1 tribe vrs rank 16 ... I have no doubt it'll be fun :lol:

DeletedUser6695

Excellent thanks. rage and tutor are/were both mainly noobs. Those that weren't noobs were happy to follow me and are now safely installed in knk, players like mark4744, reshlock, added to these were the experienced players from tutor such as cherubim, whiteshizen added to that are the best players from spqr such as bladesmanstan which shows your criticism of my allying with them in tutor was unfounded. Now we are all in the top ranked tribe and looking pretty unstoppable while your hero is out in the cold just waiting for the gangbang which surely isn't too far away.

tbh all those that have supported me have now been well rewarded.

Enjoy south korea, I know what you mean, I am a regular traveller to the far east, in particular thailand

You pretty much destroyed TuToR, it was going great until Ade left and teh new leaders couldn't, well 'lead'

Also its not hard to dominate where 'every' good player has left.

DeletedUser6695

And not a moment too soon I heard :lol:

<<clears throat>>

Ade was doing a great job leading teh tribe, we were rank 1 by miles and everyone was happy.

Oh and sorry Rev, Didnt recognise you at rank 1 :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Rank one, all roses and then it all came to light that the sun doesn't shine from .... .... .... for the fear of going off topic I'm gonna stop there and mention that nobling player villages is always more fun :D