Debate: Nobling active player villages against Barb Nobling.

DeletedUser832

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a vill with max Rax and stable be bigger than 3k? ( considering it will most likely have an academy)

I thought barbs build randomly, so it might have no smith or academy. Actually, I'm not sure I remember a 3K barb with an academy - must be rare.

A complete barracks is 1272 pts and complete stables is 639 pts.

Locutas, I don't think you can assume you'll lose a nuke taking a village every time. Church is another cost of barbs far away. Barbs close by have a cost that if they are shaped, you'll be losing 2 coins of resources from it. If you take an enemy, you deprive him of a village and weaken his ability to farm. Its hard to be analytical on this one. The simple case you've mentioned where you take a 10K with and lose a nuke or take a 3K barb as the only variables probably never happens.

DeletedUser

I have seen barbs, that were able to build academies the second they were taken.

DeletedUser6695

I thought barbs build randomly, so it might have no smith or academy. Actually, I'm not sure I remember a 3K barb with an academy - must be rare.

A complete barracks is 1272 pts and complete stables is 639 pts.

Locutas, I don't think you can assume you'll lose a nuke taking a village every time. Church is another cost of barbs far away. Barbs close by have a cost that if they are shaped, you'll be losing 2 coins of resources from it. If you take an enemy, you deprive him of a village and weaken his ability to farm. Its hard to be analytical on this one. The simple case you've mentioned where you take a 10K with and lose a nuke or take a 3K barb as the only variables probably never happens.

My assumption was based on w7, no barbs are 3k unless its a deleted player hence the acadamy theory

DeletedUser

Barbs do build randomly ... but you can force the issue in a certain direction :D

As for having a barb (normal barb, not an ex-player) with a level 25 barracks and a level 20 Stables. ... Well that takes up 1911 points all on its lonesome, lets say you then needed a level 15 smithy to go with it cause you where wanting to build HQ ... thats a further 244 points and your now upto 2155 in total.

Add into the equation that you'll need some farm space to build troops, oh a warehouse to actually carry some resources, and I suppose an HQ to be able to help with the whole future need of upping the Farm to a decent level for all those troops your building ... erm, Do the Math. It don't fit.

As for the whole debate regarding Barbs / players. Totally depends on the players situation. Going away for a few months and can only log on for a 10 minutes a day. Barb up the world and see your progress in 6 weeks time compared to others around you.

Your whole style of play is to just grow barbs for the good of the points for the tribe. But with it you'll put troops. No offence intended here but erm, this is a game and although you're taking part in one aspect of it ... I think your time would be best spent on sim city. Take part in the wars create wars have a bit of fun. Its what the game is about.

DeletedUser8815

Oreally 3k villas with max farms, rax and stables . . . no wonder you love playing with your barbies so much Locutas

yet again you misread me.

you noble a 3k barb then take maybe 2 days to max out stables and barracks, then you can build a nuke just as quick as a 10k vill, providing you have resources elsewhere to feed it. If on the other hand you blow a nuke on an 8k vill, yes you can build your nuke maybe a day or so quicker, but you will also need to spend 2 weeks replacing the nuke you lost.

Furthermore, you have no guarantee that you will be succesful with nobling your 8k vill, and even if you do you will no doubt attract attempts to get it back.

Its a simple fact that the fastest way to grow is to noble 3k barbs

maybe the answer is that when nobling a barb it loses half its value

DeletedUser8815

The simple case you've mentioned where you take a 10K with and lose a nuke or take a 3K barb as the only variables probably never happens.

No, you are probably right. There are many more variables in the game which makes it so addictive. My example was to try simplify things by taking an example from both extremes.

DeletedUser5175

you noble a 3k barb then take maybe 2 days to max out stables and barracks, then you can build a nuke just as quick as a 10k vill, providing you have resources elsewhere to feed it.

You assume so much, like VHQ being 20 - which even if it is you still need 64 hours just to build a rax from level 20 to level 25, not to mention building a maxed stable as well thats 86 hours from level 15 to level 20 - it takes an entire day just to upgrade rax or stables from 24 and 19 to max respectively.

6 and a quarter days to max rax and stable from 20 and 15 i personally think you'd be fairly lucky given the shaping that goes on to find a barb with 20/15 and a decent VHQ already built for you so it could easily end up being over a week before your nuke is ready.

But really the main reason against being a pure barb muncher - it's epically boring

DeletedUser

You assume so much, like VHQ being 20 - which even if it is you still need 64 hours just to build a rax from level 20 to level 25, not to mention building a maxed stable as well thats 86 hours from level 15 to level 20 - it takes an entire day just to upgrade rax or stables from 24 and 19 to max respectively.

6 and a quarter days to max rax and stable from 20 and 15 i personally think you'd be fairly lucky given the shaping that goes on to find a barb with 20/15 and a decent VHQ already built for you so it could easily end up being over a week before your nuke is ready.

But really the main reason against being a pure barb muncher - it's epically boring

You do find them. I am sure I made a player quit by outgrowing him and then leaving him with no targets. He was Turtling and I suspect likely to attack the barb next to him as it had the highest points of any barb in the 15. I went back to my farming reports and decided to knock down the barracks which was high near twenty and the village hq which was also high. I have had to do that for the village a couple of times.

DeletedUser5175

yes you find them, but their a minority, the standard barb isn't as good as locutas would have you think, nor is the average defense of players as good as he'd make out these days :(

and with a rax near 20 thats over 64 hours of building before it reaches max, and what about the stables? was that maxxed? not to mention you'd presumably be wanting to build your wall at some point in order to defend this barb and the farm upgrades needed to produce your nuke

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes you find them, but their a minority, the standard barb isn't as good as locutas would have you think, nor is the average defense of players as good as he'd make out these days :(

and with a rax near 20 thats over 64 hours of building before it reaches max, and what about the stables? was that maxxed? not to mention you'd presumably be wanting to build your wall at some point in order to defend this barb and the farm upgrades needed to produce your nuke

The village I was talking about I have catted down a few times if not then would have been around 4k by now. Currently yes the stables are about level 6 I think but Barracks and hq have been around or over 20 a few times. Wall wise I always knock that down when dealing with that barb and any players village I want really.

There is no average barb that people want to noble btw. You always look for the best targets and not just say no its not worth it. Either you have enough to clear a player or they fall for a trick so you can backtime them or you dont and you need support or to build up.

DeletedUser5175

4k barbs arent the barbs were talking about tho are they? being as a 4k barb has to be a deleted player

also as you said the stable was 6 it confirms my point, barbs that you can build max stables and rax's in within 48 hours are very rare

DeletedUser

4k barbs arent the barbs were talking about tho are they? being as a 4k barb has to be a deleted player

also as you said the stable was 6 it confirms my point, barbs that you can build max stables and rax's in within 48 hours are very rare

Ska2d2
I give you a choice of three options

1 an unsupported attack against a stacked 8k Turtle.
2 an inactive player with a Point whores number of troops mixed 2.5k
3 a Barb that is 3.5 k and clear

Each are in you 15x15 the rest are small barbs under the 2k point and you have one village due to your tribe being to far away to give adqeuet support and you fighting the former inactive player before they decided not to bother and you have created your first noble train from your only village.

Choose your target.

DeletedUser5175

dom before i even reply and its sillyness anyway this debate, if you love barbies so much buy one or steal your sisters or start playing simcity

- Barbs on w7 grow to 3k points so stop mentioning 4k barbs and 3.5k barbs as they arent barbs in the true sense they are abandoned players villas

DeletedUser

dom before i even reply and its sillyness anyway this debate, if you love barbies so much buy one or steal your sisters or start playing simcity

- Barbs on w7 grow to 3k points so stop mentioning 4k barbs and 3.5k barbs as they arent barbs in the true sense they are abandoned players villas

None sense I have seen barbs grow to 3.5 K without being player growing to that point and abandoning. Here is one at 3K which you have said is the limit.

558|490

If anyone agree not to noble it soon lets see its growth.

Today it is 3,028

In a week if Bobetto of Rage does not noble it or anyone else if it continues growing it will reach 3.5

DeletedUser5175

w7 settings

note the only time a barb will go over 3k is when it is either abandoned or when the last thing it builds pushes it over the 3k limit

DeletedUser

Ska2d2
I give you a choice of three options

1 an unsupported attack against a stacked 8k Turtle.
2 an inactive player with a Point whores number of troops mixed 2.5k
3 a Barb that is 3.5 k 3K and clear

Each are in you 15x15 the rest are small barbs under the 2k point and you have one village due to your tribe being to far away to give adqeuet support and you fighting the former inactive player before they decided not to bother and you have created your first noble train from your only village.

Choose your target.

Which target please mate?

DeletedUser5175

you can't tell by reading my posts? srsly? the most exciting one! the reason i play the game (when i do) to have fun so that would be the active player

note i didnt pick the "stacked 8k turtle" because unlike barb munchers generally think all players aren't stacked turtles :icon_wink:

I'd rather attack the abdos the revs or the nauz's cos thats how you have fun and learn how to get better :)

Though if you cast around you'll find more point whores than you'd imagine :icon_sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you can't tell by reading my posts? srsly? the most exciting one! the reason i play the game (when i do) to have fun so that would be the active player

note i didnt pick the "stacked 8k turtle" because unlike barb munchers generally think all players aren't stacked turtles :icon_wink:

I'd rather attack the abdos the revs or the nauz's cos thats how you have fun and learn how to get better :)

Though if you cast around you'll find more point whores than you'd imagine :icon_sad:

That is great but the active one is the stacked 8k turtle as the inactive one was on prem and stopped playing two weeks ago. As states is inactive and the other was a barb. I know the fun is in the attacking of players. My point is that sometimes you have to outgrow them first.