Debate: Nobling active player villages against Barb Nobling.

DeletedUser6603

Does any of this really matter?

One thing that has always really irked me about the TW community is this obsession with being the first player to this, first player to that, etc etc etc. I have little interest in my own account being rank one, and I know neither of my co-players are that bothered about it either. The one that really matters to me is the rank of my tribe. Thats the one I strive to push to the top, and thats the one that makes me put the effort in. Im not interested in personal gain, but giving enjoyment and pride to those in my tribe really is important to me. This is Tribal Wars after all, and not Individual Player Wars!

Rant over, apologies if ive derailed the discussion at all.....

DeletedUser832

Doing well is probably more related to good social networking. Getting those internals cheep is the way to go! Lookie me go! I gotta agree with the guy above.

DeletedUser

very impressive stats rev, not sure what point you are trying to make though.

I was never interested in any race. The race was set apparently as first to 100k, but when the big guns realised they could not catch gixxer they claimed boredom and quit.....same has happened in uk8 where again out of the top 10 from uk7 there is but me and you still going strong.

All I was interested in was building a sound base to take on into mid game, which can now be seen as effective.

Well erm, duh. Netiher nauz or temp joined. Abdo was rank one for the majority of early startup, solo.

DeletedUser8815

Well erm, duh. Netiher nauz or temp joined.
nauz joined but did not last long.

Abdo was rank one for the majority of early startup, solo.

erm abdo did indeed get to rank 1 but only for about half a day if memory serves and that was only cos i was busy minting coins and making troops while he was upgrading hq to get the rank. then he fell as quickly as he rose.

Rank 3 - uk7
Rank 1 - uk8

DeletedUser6695

nauZ joined for like a day and hasn't been seen since.

W7 hardly counts it sucks, and we all know you won't be rank 1 for long on w8.

DeletedUser8815

nauZ joined for like a day and hasn't been seen since.

W7 hardly counts it sucks, and we all know you won't be rank 1 for long on w8.

We? who is we?....and just why do you suppose that? no doubt if it was nauz or abdo then it would show awesome skill to get there, but cos its me, hey the world must suck big time.

The fact is I am there, where are you? I guess you quit a long time ago when you couldn't handle the pace.

DeletedUser

We? who is we?....and just why do you suppose that?
because I'm playing :icon_twisted:

I actually took the time to read this from the start, interesting read.

As for the competitiveness of worlds, they are as competitive as one makes them, and it seems like people are being blamed for doing well. If some of the apparent big guns don't stay around for whatever reason, be it serious or pathetic, those who stay can't do anything about it, however, the statistics still stand. Would Alexander the Great have conquered most of Europe, Asia and Africa had he not died at the age of 32? Probably, however does that make the achievements of everything that came after him any less important? Does it make the Roman Empire's conquests worthless becasue in theory had Alexander not died he would have already conquered it all himself? No. Alexander the Great died, things which he could have done did not happen.

Comparisons can be made with the football world, with the whole "Calciopoli" scandal in Italy a couple of years ago with Juve being relegated and many teams penalized, the only team left to win next years Scudetto was Internazionale. Did it make their achievement less valuable? Did it make it less important? Did it count as only half a win? At the time it did, for those supporting any other team like myself it felt like they were being handed victory on a silver plate. But looking back now, it's just another victory of theirs, equal to all their other ones. Would Juve have won had they not been relegated and kept all their players? Probably, but that's not how things went, they weren't around so they didn't win. The "what they could have done" has no meaning.

At the end of the day it's the things which last which are remembered, the names and the statistics. Did LoB hit rank 1 on w8? Yes, tw stats will always show that, will people 3 years from now viewing that know what actually went on in the world? Unfortunately no.

Elite players, accept the fact that LoB being rank 1, stat-wise it's the same as when you were rank 1, instead of going on about worthless things which never happened, stick around a bit longer, make the world more fun, and don't give LoB the satisfaction of being rank 1?

Thanks,

Signed
Player wanting more competition

DeletedUser6695

Luca you noob, was there any need to write all that ? :/

DeletedUser5582

I think he did as have been following this thread and Luca has made one of the better ones (lost me with the roundball analogies though)

Poor old Locutas of Borg has been flamed terribly here.

Not No1 on W7 as there were the uber (flicks hair) players so is rubbish and is No 1 on W8 but still rubbish as the pro start up players left (because summer was coming was one of the more inane excuses). What does the poor guy have to do?

For me the "pro start" lot have their little race and then rush off to the next shiny new world (yes yes am sure they'd be epic late game too) but if someone can live with them (which Locutas did on W7) then in my book that is an achievement as lets face it 99.9% of the rest of us couldn;t!

So lets applaud this not flame it and if he maintains a top rank on W8 (you can only best whats in front of you) then lets applaud that too.

For me Locutas has shown that he can live with the start up lot so why flame him (apart from nobling that barb on w7 you can flame that!).

Lets also remember that a lot of the "elite" start up players have been shown to have used bots which is a shame as diminishes any milestones and also makes the ones who didn't use bots tarred with the same brush which is even worse for them.

On that note Locutas's achievements look even better no?!

DeletedUser

very impressive stats rev, not sure what point you are trying to make though.

I was never interested in any race. The race was set apparently as first to 100k, but when the big guns realised they could not catch gixxer they claimed boredom and quit.....same has happened in uk8 where again out of the top 10 from uk7 there is but me and you still going strong.

All I was interested in was building a sound base to take on into mid game, which can now be seen as effective.

The simple point I was making was that although you may have been rank 2 on the 8th of Jan ... you didn't stick around in that position for long. Its a bit like being first on day one. Don't count for much. I was simply putting your achievement into the grand scheme of things. By all means I consider your position of getting 7th in the race to 50K a far greater achievement than being rank 2 on the 8th of Jan.

The game is just that. A game. Its called Tribal Wars and mid-late game is more about the tribal thing than at start up when its basically everyman for themselves. Hence from 100K onwards its pretty much a downward spiral as to individual achievements.

As for you going on about being rank 1 on UK8.
As far as I'm concerned this is a UK7 forum and I really didn't expect to see you throwing your "other world accomplishments" around. But as you did I again tried to put it into perspective. UK8 is a world at speed 0.6 (its a faster world) with a faster world you in theory should accomplish everything that little bit sooner. I was simply pointing out that your growth on UK8 has been somewhat slow ... indeed slower than your UK7 achievements .... hence I still hold more regard for your UK7 7th place for race to 50K than I do your own highly regarded UK8 first spot.

As for Luca ...
Nice speach. In a way I totally agree. The stats will always show that LoB has made it to rank 1 on the UK8 world. Likewise they also show that he's managed to achieve rank 2 on the 8th of Jan on UK7 ... You can take what you want from stats. But I distinctly got the impression that LoB was wanting recognition for his UK8 achievement. I don't rate it, you may but thats the brilliance of tribal wars ... everyone can have their own opinion on whats good or not good.

I'll stick with mine :p

Not No1 on W7 as there were the uber (flicks hair) players so is rubbish and is No 1 on W8 but still rubbish as the pro start up players left (because summer was coming was one of the more inane excuses). What does the poor guy have to do?

For me the "pro start" lot have their little race and then rush off to the next shiny new world (yes yes am sure they'd be epic late game too) but if someone can live with them (which Locutas did on W7) then in my book that is an achievement as lets face it 99.9% of the rest of us couldn;t!

So lets applaud this not flame it and if he maintains a top rank on W8 (you can only best whats in front of you) then lets applaud that too.

For me Locutas has shown that he can live with the start up lot so why flame him (apart from nobling that barb on w7 you can flame that!).

Lets also remember that a lot of the "elite" start up players have been shown to have used bots which is a shame as diminishes any milestones and also makes the ones who didn't use bots tarred with the same brush which is even worse for them.

On that note Locutas's achievements look even better no?!

umm, LoB is there to be flamed. If he puts up his "I did this and this" achievement then yeah, he's going to get opinions on it. He might not like them.

As for you stating that the so called "elite" players have been shown to use bots. I take exception to this statement. Firstly the so called elite in no way or form could ever include Ade (I'm guessing this is who you talk of with regard to bots?). Secondly the so called "elite" has but a few members.

I would say they are:
Nauz
Abdo
Matt
The people on the Temporary account from the start.

The original Gixxer came across from .net to give them a go. And he undoubtably did very well. I would certainly include him in the so called "elite" apart from those ... who else should be included?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

/points to Luca for being pro :p

Might as well stick yourself in rev

DeletedUser

you can't put me in as being a pro. Cause when UK7 started the so called "elite" where surprised at my presence near the top. Rightly so. It was only my third world. Heck I didn't even know about the additional spears and ressies for completing the tutorial at the start till about 3-4 days in!!!

I would highlight though that I think Gem and I turned a few heads in our accomplishment. Bearing in mind that all but for one 3 hour period (when someone stole the race to 10K ODA) we held (and still do!!) the top ODA point whore award!!

As for including Luca. I would, but he was on the Ade account at start up and so Luca by himself would have been good, but with Ade slowing him down ... well ... not really a pro achievement. But again I think that was only his third world, and so I he would not have been classed as "elite" anyways :p

DeletedUser6695

Tbh Luca played with Ade for liek 2 days :D

But he was rank 1 on w6 and 8 :p

btw Temporary was Admiral Phoenix and Monthy Python (Cory)

I played at the end though :D

DeletedUser8687

Theres Just no winning against the ego's :icon_eek: seems you need credentials to post in this forum! I think every topic can potentially be turned into a rank flame war.

DeletedUser8687

every TW player has an ego! its what makes you strive for the top spot ===P some just have bigger egos than others :)

DeletedUser8687

[6:43:29 PM] CF: Im good friends with Ade
[6:44:00 PM] CF: He knows im awesome :p
:lol:

DeletedUser8815

The simple point I was making was that although you may have been rank 2 on the 8th of Jan ... you didn't stick around in that position for long. Its a bit like being first on day one.
no its not, being rank 2 on day 25 or whatever it was is not in the least bit the same as being rank 1 on day 1.
I was simply putting your achievement into the grand scheme of things. By all means I consider your position of getting 7th in the race to 50K a far greater achievement than being rank 2 on the 8th of Jan.
why? I never considered myself as being in a race and if you wanna be predantic about it i came second in a race to whatever points i had on 8th jan. Maybe my low rank at 50k is more to do with the fact that i was on holiday in Egypt, during the major unrest there recently. You may recall that during that time and without notice the president pulled the plug on all internet connections from Egypt, so my account went inactive for 5 days. Despite this i still made rank 7 at 50k. I am not in any way suggesting that i am a better player than you or any of the elite you mention but I have proved that i can live with you and feel i deserve to be included in your elite list.
UK8 is a world at speed 0.6 (its a faster world)
erm sorry for being a noob here but i thought speed 0.6 is slower. Let me correct you, the world speed, ie how fast buildings grow is 1.6, faster, yes, but that is only 1 parameter, troop speed is 0.6, slower than in uk7 and barbs grow very slowly indeed. As most of my resource income comes from farming this is what makes the world in effect slower.
I was simply pointing out that your growth on UK8 has been somewhat slow
eh? don't think i can quite believe you said this, I have grown quicker than everybody else in the world including you and still you tell me I am slow... Also please remember that my achievements are just that, mine, not ours. Much easier to grow if you have 2 or 3 players on the account. Ditch your coplayers and start uk9 with me. There is a reason why a 4 x 400m rrelay posts a faster time than a 1600 metre straight race.

The stats will always show that LoB has made it to rank 1 on the UK8 world. Likewise they also show that he's managed to achieve rank 2 on the 8th of Jan on UK7 ... You can take what you want from stats. But I distinctly got the impression that LoB was wanting recognition for his UK8 achievement.

well it would be nice to be recognised as a good player, instead of a lucky noob who somehow flukes his way to the top of uncompetitive worlds

the so called "elite" players have been shown to use bots. I take exception to this statement. Firstly the so called elite in no way or form could ever include Ade (I'm guessing this is who you talk of with regard to bots?).
finally a statement that i can agree with, phew!