UK9 beginners help

DeletedUser117

I never understand that statement, if there good, then why start and leave after a few weeks, surly if you really want to prove your awesomeness then stay and rule, but it seems to me that they are given the status of being elite players on the back of startup and getting the first few milestones and then leave.

A lot of players find it boring to continue to play. After a few villages - they believe that its just the same thing over and over. I dont think its nice either, but some players play the whole game, some stick around to 1 mil and some (like Nauz) stay for a village, maybe two and then run away. The Nauz syndrome, is usually exibited when a new world comes out. Sort of like those T shirts that state "I dont have ADD. . . .Oh look a bunny" They think mid / late game is boring. Fair enough as it gives others a chance to continue to playing without the hassle or leets clogging the externals with their inflated egos.

Guess each to their own, personally I dont mind mid to late game as my startups are about as efficient as a using a teaspoon to bail out a cruise liner.

DeletedUser

Guess each to their own, personally I don't mind mid to late game as my startups are about as efficient as a using a teaspoon to bail out a cruise liner.

:lol:

This is my first startup in the core, and to be honest I got a few things wrong, build is OK and troops are good, but farming was woeful, thanks for 2/2 ratio tip, although at first I thought I was being setup for a fall, sending out 30 runs of 2/2 each to get no rec's after loosing all my troops.

DeletedUser117

:lol:

This is my first startup in the core, and to be honest I got a few things wrong, build is OK and troops are good, but farming was woeful, thanks for 2/2 ratio tip, although at first I thought I was being setup for a fall, sending out 30 runs of 2/2 each to get no rec's after loosing all my troops.

I didnt give you the 2/2 farming tip :/

I normally try to work out how long its been since that village has been farmed and send out around 6sp/1 axe or sword.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
1) Thanks.. can normally find enough pointwhores to trade it at silly rates but there aren't any in the market so far.. :(

DeletedUser

Also this only applies to 75 point barbs and a little higher, barbs or inactives much higher than 100 could have walls that you need to be wary off.

On this world, the exact number is 103 that can have a wall (provided the villages are still being spawned with 75 points. I honestly havent checked to see if the rim has started giving more buildings yet).

DeletedUser

Well I've just restarted in the last hour and I'll confirm your still starting with 75 points.

And thanks for the tip, could have worked it out for my self but couldn't be bothered.

DeletedUser

So I'm just unlucky I'm next to a 112 point player with a level 3 wall :/

DeletedUser1511

I never understand that statement, if there good, then why start and leave after a few weeks, surly if you really want to prove your awesomeness then stay and rule, but it seems to me that they are given the status of being elite players on the back of startup and getting the first few milestones and then leave.
See thats the problem it aint about having something to prove. I mean after years of playing a game which has the same basic thing if you ignore variation brought on by settings people simply play purely for what they find fun.
And to be honest the competitive side of this game is very fun. Its when the game becomes about logging in clicking build in your X number of villages and recruiting troops everyday that it becomes boring.
Early on in the game at start up there are manyt varables to consider. And while they do not magically disapear, there is a lot less room for error. Consider it much like thrill seeking.

As for the whole why do the so called top players stick in the same tribes. Because, its a game and who doesnt enjoy playing with their friends :icon_neutral:
I mean sure more diversity may create a larger challenge, but you forget most people do not to lead. And there are many incidents where good players come up against each planning to fight and it is fun. But a lot of people have quit this game, a lot of good players. It is hard to find new blood of the same caliber, so why not stick with your mates and ride it out?

DeletedUser

Never sure on this; Do resources held in the market show up in the 'Resources scouted' bit?

DeletedUser

I was under the impression they dont.
They are plunderable, but dont show up when you're being scouted (atleast with 1 lvl 1 scout).
I could be mistaken but think this was the case for me yesterday...

DeletedUser

I was under the impression they dont.
They are plunderable, but dont show up when you're being scouted (atleast with 1 lvl 1 scout).
I could be mistaken but think this was the case for me yesterday...

I was thinking the same, that resources on your market don't show up on scoutings but can be plundered if thier still offers on the market and not a transaction on its way.

DeletedUser

So when dodging scout attacks (troops all our farming and making your attacker see a zero haul), it is worth using your market. Just becomes irrelevant if they start sending real attacks. :)

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Thanks for the help in using all this stupid clay.. :)

Another question if I may... only started on the 10th so way behind all you good players and it's old grumpy my all on my own rather than co-playing... is it better to leave the barracks at a level 5 and rush a stables or leave the stables rush until the barracks level is maxed?

Thanks

DeletedUser

This answer doesn't really help because you have to do both.. somehow.

Leaving your barracks at level 5 makes it a hard slog to produce footsoldiers. Rushing your stable will eventually pay off with the loot that lc can carry back to you, but you need resources to research and recruit them with. So you need a good barracks constantly producing footsoldiers to farm with, and to clear your area, in order to be able to produce the lc...

With the world settings of non-growing barbs, it's a good question, and a moot point.. how useful are lc early game, when there's not going to be a lot for them to carry... I'm interested to hear what others think too

Like everything else in start-up it's a judgement call/balancing act, based on your particular circumstances.

[hello, neighbour, btw :icon_wink:, love the tribe name]

ragnatella

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With the world settings of non-growing barbs, it's a good question, and a moot point.. how useful are lc early game, when there's not going to be a lot for them to carry... I'm interested to hear what others think too

If you don't have LC and your nearest adversaries do then all the barbs/inactives you try to farm are empty as they get there first, regardless.

So I say LC rushing is a very good tactic here especially due to non growing barbs as there ain't that many rec's around in the first place so you need to get them quicker than your neighbors can.

DeletedUser1511

If you don't have LC and your nearest adversaries do then all the barbs/inactives you try to farm are empty as they get there first, regardless.

So I say LC rushing is a very good tactic here especially due to non growing barbs as there ain't that many rec's around in the first place so you need to get them quicker than your neighbors can.

I disagree it is still dependant on area. I am doing fine with 8 hour + ques and i dont even have lc yet :icon_wink:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Thanks.. I think... :)

I suck at start up.. well I suck at all aspects of this game... it doesn't help that I'm too grumpy to co-play and don't like tribe mates sitting me as they just ask to be sat back which I hate doing...

So barbs don't grow at all? so the only barbs past 75 points will be from players quitting.. and any actives you clear and farm will soon be saved by the 20 to 1 rule?... I guess I'm back to flipping a coin when I have a decision to make...

Howdy neighbour, thanks, got threaten with a ban for the original tribe name that didn't misspell Barstool... if I do well in start up I'll make a nice first noble target for you...