UK9 beginners help

DeletedUser

So I say LC rushing is a very good tactic here especially due to non growing barbs as there ain't that many rec's around in the first place so you need to get them quicker than your neighbors can.

good point :)

DeletedUser

Thanks.. I think... :)

I suck at start up.. well I suck at all aspects of this game... it doesn't help that I'm too grumpy to co-play and don't like tribe mates sitting me as they just ask to be sat back which I hate doing...

I hear you, only ever found one co-player I could play with, it worked because he barely logged in (I'm a grumpy old bird..)

So barbs don't grow at all? so the only barbs past 75 points will be from players quitting.. and any actives you clear and farm will soon be saved by the 20 to 1 rule?... I guess I'm back to flipping a coin when I have a decision to make...

non-growing barbs as far as I know, yip.. what's the 20 to 1 rule btw?

Howdy neighbour, thanks, got threaten with a ban for the original tribe name that didn't misspell Barstool... if I do well in start up I'll make a nice first noble target for you...

lol, and vice versa..

(we could always get really grumpy and :icon_eek: co-play.... !)

DeletedUser

I'd agree that getting LCav is more important than getting Barracks above 5 for now. Obviously both will need to go up at some point but the order you do things can be important.
In most areas LCav is neede to be particularly successful at farming. Without LCav I doubt you have enough res for a 24/7 queue in barracks anyway and so not a huge need to upgrade it yet. A level 5 barracks can still produce 25 spears while you sleep... not all that terrible when you dont have LCav yet.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I hear you, only ever found one co-player I could play with, it worked because he barely logged in (I'm a grumpy old bird..)

non-growing barbs as far as I know, yip.. what's the 20 to 1 rule btw?

lol, and vice versa..

(we could always get really grumpy and :icon_eek: co-play.... !)

"Moral is set at 20-1 for 45 days and ends at 90 days" according to the world settings.. which I presume is the annoying "you can't attack as your points are more than 20 times that of your target" cxxp that comes up when farming on other worlds I've played...

As for co-playing, I'm not sure if the world is ready for that much grumpiness... though ask me again before your send your noble train at me.. :)

DeletedUser

I have a question. What would you do in this situation:

HQ - 10
Barracks - 5
Stable - 3
Smithy - 5
Mines - 11/10/13

LCav is researched. Good number of spears and swords. A few scouts. Just starting to make LCav.
The mines are set up to produce LCav efficiently (farming giving ~equal amounts of each, LCav needs a lot more iron. Obviously market is used too).
How many LCav would you produce before moving on to get Workshop etc?
Immediate plan is to only upgrade farm as needed, leave other buildings until a good number of LCav is reached. What do you think a good number is?
Area: Pretty good. Some competiton for farms but seen much worse areas.

Thanks,

DeletedUser

@ ubiz

You should never stop building Light Cavalry. There is no set amount just continue to keep your stabled queue'd literally 24/7 if possible and continue to increase your stable, level 3 stable takes ages to build light cavalry on this world, you want it to at least 6.

Research Scouts level 2. Scout all your farms and find those with walls, run the simulator to see your chances of losses on x leveled wall and send an amount of light cavalry that won't die on the wall. (No wall = 1, level 1 wall = 2, level 2 wall = 8 LC.). You should increase your HQ before heading towards Workshop but eventually yes, knock down those walls especially in barbs as they can not rebuild them.

DeletedUser

One Hit Ko,

Thanks for the reply.
I hadn't mean that I would stop making LCav at a given amount reached. Just that I would rebegin working on buildings and LCav once I reached a reasonable number of LCav, as opposed to right now working on solely LCav.

Scouts level 2 is an interesting point. I've been debating it already but wasnt sure. With the simulator I can work out if most villages have a wall or not, and what level it is, after Ive attacked it a few times. All the barbs / suitable players in my area Ive been attacking since I only had spears/swords... with the notebook for each village (PA) ive kept details on which villages have walls or not. Still think its worth researching them to level 2? (not disagreeing btw :))

DeletedUser

One Hit Ko,

Thanks for the reply.
I hadn't mean that I would stop making LCav at a given amount reached. Just that I would rebegin working on buildings and LCav once I reached a reasonable number of LCav, as opposed to right now working on solely LCav.

Scouts level 2 is an interesting point. I've been debating it already but wasnt sure. With the simulator I can work out if most villages have a wall or not, and what level it is, after Ive attacked it a few times. All the barbs / suitable players in my area Ive been attacking since I only had spears/swords... with the notebook for each village (PA) ive kept details on which villages have walls or not. Still think its worth researching them to level 2? (not disagreeing btw :))

Personally, after Light Cavalry, researching Scouts level 2 was the best action performed on our account. ;) I've found some sweet new farms what I left for others to clear as I didn't want losses and I've found them, and can now calculate what resources are in said village every hour by knowing their mine levels.

DeletedUser

One Hit Ko,

Thanks for the reply.

You keep your stable running 24/7, and use the excess resources to que buildings. Depending on your area, you could be keeping your HQ constant shortly after getting LC.

It depends on your area really. We (HowToLoseAxes) got scouts level 2 quite late and only have a low amount of scouts, but still farm really well.

DeletedUser

Admiral Pheonix,
Thanks. I think my area may be similar to yours in that I can farm well without scout lvl2 yet.
As for the stable 24/7 and excess goes to buildings... I had considered this but wasnt sure. Especially after reading the 'points win wars' debate going on. Wasnt sure if a smaller LCav queue would be worth upgrading HQ above 10 at this point.

DeletedUser

Admiral Pheonix,
Thanks. I think my area may be similar to yours in that I can farm well without scout lvl2 yet.
As for the stable 24/7 and excess goes to buildings... I had considered this but wasnt sure. Especially after reading the 'points win wars' debate going on. Wasnt sure if a smaller LCav queue would be worth upgrading HQ above 10 at this point.

Ideally, you should keep your LC queue 1-2 hours long so you can que HQ levels quicker (unless you know you won't be on in 2 hours time, in which case extend your LC que till when you get back).

DeletedUser

Your advice? plz :)

I just joined this world, got any advice for me. Idk what to do :( everything looks strange and new :(

DeletedUser117

Thristy you have been in other worlds do what you normally do. Spamming anyone? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm not spamming
First world i play in a year or maybe more. and idk anything :|

Give advice or say nothing :|

DeletedUser

How many spears do i have to send so one of them doesn't die?

DeletedUser6695

9 is the magic number, you'll lose 1 but should gain a profit

DeletedUser8502

It depend about the wall of the village that you want to farm.
With 0 wall and 0< Luck you need 33spears.

You can try send spears together with swords or axes.
With 0 wall you can send 10spears and 4 sword and any of them wont die even if the luck will be -25%.You can also send 5sp/5sw or 5sp/2axes.
You can try to use Simulator for all this in order to find the best for you

DeletedUser

It depend about the wall of the village that you want to farm.
With 0 wall and 0< Luck you need 33spears.

You can try send spears together with swords or axes.
With 0 wall you can send 10spears and 4 sword and any of them wont die even if the luck will be -25%.You can also send 5sp/5sw or 5sp/2axes.
You can try to use Simulator for all this in order to find the best for you
/slaps self :(

9 is the magic number, you'll lose 1 but should gain a profit

thanks to both of you :)