UK9 beginners help

DeletedUser

How about some advice for beginners near fast growing players and getting less and less rec's by the day.

Or would that just be, 'unlucky, best restart.'

I would post some tips, but ain't got the time today as its my wife's birthday.

DeletedUser

How about some advice for beginners near fast growing players and getting less and less rec's by the day.

Youre near Show no Mercy? Just keep farming and growing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You should restart if your in a fairly experienced players 15x15. Either ways you have no chancesm why bother? Proving a point that you are stubborn?

DeletedUser

You should restart if your in a fairly experienced players 15x15. Either ways you have no chancesm why bother? Proving a point that you are stubborn?

Please don't tell players in my 15x15 to restart. As frustrating as farming is, I generally like the idea of more competition in growing and can gladly say "I'm top 10 without having a BS grey area. Jeez, Dev. :mad:

DeletedUser

1 - I'm not inexperienced.
2 - I'm not co-playing my account so its not 24/7.
3 - Axes! are co-playing.
4 - I'm happy with my growth and troop whoring, although I have never been in such a rubbish area for farms as I am right now.
5 - I asked for someone to be helpful to new people as most of the stuff thats been said so far, in my opinion won't help that much.

More specific help: like get Spears and axes for farming and send in groups of 15/3, you mostly don't lose any troops, on the odd occasion you might but that's luck for ya, but this is the lowest number of troops you can send and have a reasonable chance of not losing a spear or two.

DeletedUser6726

More specific help: like get Spears and axes for farming and send in groups of 15/3, you mostly don't lose any troops, on the odd occasion you might but that's luck for ya, but this is the lowest number of troops you can send and have a reasonable chance of not losing a spear or two.

You can get away with sending 2spear 2 sword... or 1 axe 1 spear without losses...

if it is spears on their own then it will be up around the 30 mark

DeletedUser

Alright to clarify, and to get a reasonable haul as sending what you suggest gets 70 max, although that's about the limit of my hauls in any case, except once in a while.

DeletedUser6726

well if you want to maximize the amount of res you are bringing home then smaller runs are definitely the best option... especially as you complained about your area being bad for farming

DeletedUser

Alright to clarify, and to get a reasonable haul as sending what you suggest gets 70 max, although that's about the limit of my hauls in any case, except once in a while.

if you don't want to restart (which could be the best option this early in the Game) you maybe should get your mines up and split your troops as many have posted before. but int the end it's quite probable that you get cleared or nobled by the more active player

Nauzhror

Reaction score

you can send as few as 1 axe and 1 spear and have no losses as long as your farms are 100% morale (ie. barbs)

DeletedUser

That is about as good of a haul as you are going to get. It is a horrible area flat out even if we werent there. We broke 1000 plunders before breaking 100k hauled. You definitely waited way too late to micro haul. I was forced to start doing significant 2/2 parties at the start of the second day.

DeletedUser

Its never to late, but thanks for the tips, this is going to be interesting, never started a world from the start always been started a few weeks in, so that part of the game is a bit new to me, we all have to learn.

Also this only applies to 75 point barbs and a little higher, barbs or inactives much higher than 100 could have walls that you need to be wary off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Two noob questions...

1) How do I get rid of all this spare clay?

2) If this is the world that the forum "legends" wanted why have so many of them all joined the same tribe? Surely the most fun would be competing against the best, not all joining the same tribe to beat up on noobs?

DeletedUser

2) If this is the world that the forum "legends" wanted why have so many of them all joined the same tribe? Surely the most fun would be competing against the best, not all joining the same tribe to beat up on noobs?

Probabably because most of it is talk, would love to here from those in the top three tribes answer this question truthfully, tribal hugs anyone?

DeletedUser

Two noob questions...

Rush Headquarters or build wall. Either one is great to keep low clay levels, especially during Light Cavalry rush.

DeletedUser

Rush Headquarters or build wall. Either one is great to keep low clay levels, especially during Light Cavalry rush.

This or storing it on the market. Personally I'd say HQ rush but to each their own.

DeletedUser117

Two noob questions...

1)To get rid of any spare resource, I would upgrade your market. If you put it on the market for a ratio of say 2:1 clay, no one would accept it. Either that or upgrade your warehouse - markets faster to build and cheaper though.

2) After playing for a while, a lot of good players get to know each other, so they like playing in the same tribe as they can banter and stuff around on internal forums. Its not usually a case of 'beat up noobs', usually in most worlds you will have a few tribes with fairly experienced players in different tribes. Best thing to do to get away from them is to start a world a few days after it opens. This way you will be playing along side more inexperienced players.
The good news is that most 'Legends" stay for a very short time and then leave, so whilst the begining you do see a lot of good players, as time goes on - they get bored and leave.

DeletedUser

I never understand that statement, if there good, then why start and leave after a few weeks, surly if you really want to prove your awesomeness then stay and rule, but it seems to me that they are given the status of being elite players on the back of startup and getting the first few milestones and then leave.

DeletedUser

I never understand that statement, if there good, then why start and leave after a few weeks, surly if you really want to prove your awesomeness then stay and rule, but it seems to me that they are given the status of being elite players on the back of startup and getting the first few milestones and then leave.

Most of them find late game boring. Start up imo is more fun. But who knows? Low speed + relatively low winning conditions may make them stay, and then you'll have something to complain about.