UK9 beginners help

DeletedUser

Hey guys,
I'm just wondering how everybody is doing and If you need any help or advice on what to do next, let me know as this is a vital part of start up.

Cheers,
Matt

DeletedUser

If you have (30+) Spearmen I would advise to get either Swords or Axes and splitting them up into groups. I honestly would advise swordsmen as I believe them to be cheaper (no researching) and they are always awesome for when people decide they want to see what you are made of as it's early game and no one will be using lcs to clear unless they are quitting.
Now if you are past this stage and you have been splitting your party's up I would without a doubt rush lcs.

DeletedUser

What would you do if Hidden Talent attacked you?

Well That would depend what it was. If it was a scout I would consider it as someone checking how my progress was, or someone looking for possible in actives/farms.

If it was a clearance I would look at upping farm a little more and wait till he try's attacking again and activate militia.

If it was a Fake i would consider him to be annoying me or just testing or trying to figure out my online times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well That would depend what it was. If it was a scout I would consider it as someone checking how my progress was, or someone looking for possible in actives/farms.

If it was a clearance I would look at upping farm a little more and wait till he try's attacking again and activate militia.

If it was a Fake i would consider him to be annoying me or just testing or trying to figure out my online times.

What militia?

DeletedUser

my apologies, I never actually checked if they were enabled or not.

Militia is normally enabled via the farm, but as nauzhror said they are not enabled on this world.

DeletedUser

:icon_idea:
Backtime him in the face.

I will keep that in mind if we tussle later.

But then of course if it was Hidden Talent actually attacking in a game stage without rams, I could easily see the attack coming amid evenly spread fakes to keep the person from backtiming (which would have to be done at sword speed unless you were close enough to a friend to have them do it).

As for actual help for new players, if you are getting attacked at this stage of the game where rams and cats are a long way off, you will always want to dodge your troops at least until you have an idea of the enemy strength.

DeletedUser

What would you suggest for someone with a good number of spears and swords, worked on mines, not yet researched axes as planning to save the reserach cost and go straight to LCav, but not getting great hauls due to large number of banned players closeby and generally overcrowded area?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Wouldn't have suggested raising mines.

Definitely worth getting lc, and in bad areas generally mass splitting/blanket farming is necessary to do well.

ie. My area is awful, but am using tiny farming parties to control how much res my neighbors can get, and as such have nearly as many swords as spears.

DeletedUser117

If you are getting farmed or attacked, ensure your account is always active. When he attacks you, ensure that all res and troops are sent away or been used up. Increase your markets so you can dodge res that is not able to be used before attack. Most 'leets' will leave you alone, or try and get you when your offline.
Ensure you are building O troops, you cannot build defensive troops faster than they can build offensive troops. farm and try and grow as fast as you can, both in getting LC and axes, as well as buildings. They may leave you alone, to be their nobel target.
This is where it gets tricky, virtually every good startup player is mainly O, they may have some D but not much, ensure you have a decent army before you try this. But take note of his online times and try scouting, or attacking him back. Make sure you get a group of people near him to do the same. You will decrease his income and lower his ability to make troops.
If you are an average player against a very good player, you will need people on your side, as many as you can get around him. Remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend, no matter how good the player, if you have a lot of people attacking him, you do have a good chance of winning.

DeletedUser

Increase your markets so you can dodge res that is not able to be used before attack.

Might be worth noting that you actually have to make a trade for the resources to not be stolen, just putting up an offer isn't going to work.
Or maybe I'm just wrong.

DeletedUser

To my knowledge that is correct. Attacks will take resources that are "stored" in the market unless they have actually been traded and are on delivery.

DeletedUser117

To my knowledge that is correct. Attacks will take resources that are "stored" in the market unless they have actually been traded and are on delivery.

Another way is to send it at a barb, then cancel it after attack :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117

Free trading is deactivated right now

Tribal internal trade will be activated on the 09.07.2011 at 21:06.

Free sending of resources will be activated on the 12.08.2011 at 05:06.

Yes I just got the email about it. As I said its general advice, free trade maybe deactivated, but you can trade most of your res via markets. I dont want to go into paragraphs on how to beat good players, that will spoil all the fun.

Edit* keep it up Zardy and you will be close and personal with a chainsaw ;)