Battle of the Tribes - UK9/10

DeletedUser

TimmyHill or Chubbs. Pedigree pairing and yes I know only one leader spot but so be it. Hear Timmy is missing but if around think again would do well.
Timys quit. But i doubt the whole of TW! Should be back soon enough...

DeletedUser4147

If this happens on world 10 (settings do seem good for it) i'd definetly want to be involved.

Will have to get myself some more premium now, forget that speed eats it up when you don't win :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I could be a leader, led 2 rank one tribes on .net early game, been in high level leadership in a few more.

DeletedUser

If this happens, it's not going to be half-assed so I severely doubt it's coming soon.

DeletedUser

I don't think they want noobs to lead the tribes. :icon_surprised:
Hey now, learn to defend. Kthxbai :icon_biggrin:
If this happens, it's not going to be half-assed so I severely doubt it's coming soon.
The biggest issue is, there really aren't that many leaders of a caliber like you and pervis. So, you could let egoful peopel join up to fail, or try and recruit mattcurr and sacredfool and hope they stick around and do stuff, otherwise, I feel like you will have to settle for somewhat offset leaderships.

DeletedUser5582

The biggest issue is, there really aren't that many leaders of a caliber like you and pervis. So, you could let egoful peopel join up to fail, or try and recruit mattcurr and sacredfool and hope they stick around and do stuff, otherwise, I feel like you will have to settle for somewhat offset leaderships.

Well I think this could be interesting, a little bit different and also fun. Am not sure that the original concept needs to be kept to in its entirety but there is only one way to find out if folks are as good a leaders as they think they are?!

Ok so no way of getting 4 uber leaders. Big deal so why not make the perceived top leaders have a more student like tribe to start with and good players go to tribes with perceived weaker leaders (and teach them).

Meh for me you could recruit 20 flicky hair types at the start but as we see time after time do these players stick around? No so a tribe like that would struggle HOWEVER good the leader was (or end up with CF on former epic accounts!!) and make the whole Battle of the tribes idea fail as folks would just say look is not the tribe you started out with etc etc

Next are we ever going to have a world where you have tribe locks on?

So this doesn't need to start now or even when the world opens as all we need is 4 folks willing to lead and after the pro start up players leave they can start to mold their team of 20 and when the lock happens let the battle begin and then lets see who is the best leader/tribe as a heap of new tactics on this world with the max villas.

I have mailed a few of you and had a few replies (and a few silences too :icon_cry:) but let us try and get this off the ground not wither on the vine (removes gauntlet from bag and throws on floor)

So anyone think they can lead a tribe in a new world (frst in TW as well so what a milestone to have). Well lets see.

Cory your name mentioned will you do it?
Ruffus. You have a pre made why not show the doubters of your uber leadership skills wrong and throw you hat into the ring
Zarddeath you have said you will so ty
A.N OTHER. I know a lot of good leaders out there (not all with badge on saying Duke either) and I know a few of you intend to play UK10 so one or more step up and say you'll at least try.

Lets hear no more nonsense about this player or that being epic at leading please as new world new rules and lets SEE who can say with no one to gainsay them "I am Uber look have badge to prove it!"

Apologies for long post

skype is lightyjotw or pm me or post here saying yea or nay.

DeletedUser1410

@ Jo
the concept was that a pool of players would be listed and each Duke pick from that pool of players
That way the players don't have an option to who they play alongside

And I've always said I'd be up for this

DeletedUser5582

What?

I've only ever jumped on one account and that was w8 where iirc we got to rank 3 while the world was actually active :icon_rolleyes:

Cf dont be so touchy am just gently ribbing you!

@Ruffus excellent news

well Uk10 forums will be up soon so will see if the pool of players can;t be set up there for you guys.

We need the rest of you to step forward as only way we will get this concept up and running. Post or mail me if you want to be a player or a leader and when UK 10 opens will get the thread up so let me know what you want/would like and I shall do my best

DeletedUser

I'm less worried about leaders than I am the pool of players. If we get a good pool of players, then it could work. But from the original pool, it was barely enough for one tribe.

I feel it would work best if a third party person organized the pool of players. That way, biased views (like mine) wouldn't intervene with who gets in. Maybe you're up for that Lighty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm less worried about leaders than I am the pool of players. If we get a good pool of players, then it could work. But from the original pool, it was barely enough for one tribe.

I feel it would work best if a third party person organized the pool of players. That way, biased views (like mine) wouldn't intervene with who gets in. Maybe you're up for that Lighty.

Arguably, if we got the four leaders, and say one non participant to do it, we could have an interview process, and 5 judges would remove any danger of ties.

DeletedUser5582

more than happy too. As we get closer to UK10 opening am sure more folks will say whether they are joining the world.

As this world will have tribal locks coming into place maybe this may tweak the original idea of BOTT (lol we need a new anagram here!!)

Right one more leader needed so let me know if interested any wannabe be Gheghis Khan's out there