Battle of the Tribes - UK9/10

DeletedUser5582

that would be 4 unless we have any other offers?

Ok need our pool of players so will pop a new thread up here and see who wants to play and will mail or skype those playing UK10 to get them to sign up.

Leaders if you have any requests or needs then pm or skype me please

DeletedUser

I don't understand this whole battle of the tribes idea, I just can't see what it means. Btw, I'm not trying to be dismissive here, just looking to have it explained...

I think I understand how it will be set up: you are going to (collectively) preplan four tribes to compete in this battle. A leader for each tribe has been decided on, and the leaders will take part in picking players from a list of players who want to take part.

But then what? How does what follows differ from just playing normally?

Are there any (informal) win conditions for the Battle of the Tribes?

From what I can tell this seems like an excellent system for making sure there is realistic rivalry for the top spot at the start of the world, but other than that, I don't see how the game for the competitor tribes will differ from the game for the non-participating tribes.

DeletedUser

I don't understand this whole battle of the tribes idea, I just can't see what it means. Btw, I'm not trying to be dismissive here, just looking to have it explained...

I think I understand how it will be set up: you are going to (collectively) preplan four tribes to compete in this battle. A leader for each tribe has been decided on, and the leaders will take part in picking players from a list of players who want to take part.

But then what? How does what follows differ from just playing normally?

Are there any (informal) win conditions for the Battle of the Tribes?

From what I can tell this seems like an excellent system for making sure there is realistic rivalry for the top spot at the start of the world, but other than that, I don't see how the game for the competitor tribes will differ from the game for the non-participating tribes.
That last point is entirely it, basically, see the 4 tribes as a family, who will work together to take out external threats if some dumb tribe besides to declare on one, but once things have settled, and quite quickly actually, the 4 tribes will declare on one another, and war until one seems to be victorious.

DeletedUser

That last point is entirely it, basically, see the 4 tribes as a family, who will work together to take out external threats if some dumb tribe besides to declare on one, but once things have settled, and quite quickly actually, the 4 tribes will declare on one another, and war until one seems to be victorious.

Cool. I think it's good that you're trying to do something to stop the unhealthy dominance of one tribe at the start of a world - that does seem to make the game and forums boring for everyone playing, including themselves. I don't plan on signing up because I want to do my own thing in the next world, but I applaud the idea and effort.

"the 4 tribes as a family, who will work together to take out external threats if some dumb tribe besides to declare on one" - That's cosy! Does this mean, though, that the scenario does not allow alliances between competing tribes and non-competing tribes?

There are going to be loads of rules you'll probably need to agree on before starting, such as exactly when to start warring. Has this been tried successfully in a previous server?

DeletedUser

Cool. I think it's good that you're trying to do something to stop the unhealthy dominance of one tribe at the start of a world - that does seem to make the game and forums boring for everyone playing, including themselves. I don't plan on signing up because I want to do my own thing in the next world, but I applaud the idea and effort.

"the 4 tribes as a family, who will work together to take out external threats if some dumb tribe besides to declare on one" - That's cosy! Does this mean, though, that the scenario does not allow alliances between competing tribes and non-competing tribes?

There are going to be loads of rules you'll probably need to agree on before starting, such as exactly when to start warring. Has this been tried successfully in a previous server?

Nope, though organization stated with nauz back on either uk3 or uk5, so ther has been time and thought put into it.

DeletedUser1960

Perhaps an idea for tribe settings...

You can't leave a tribe. Ever. However the tribe can be disbanded by the Duke. Once a tribe is disbanded it's old members cannot join a new tribe for 2weeks.

Would help reduce merges, turncoats and other aspects of the game, whilst also reducing the aftereffects of refugees - they have no where to run for a set time.

This would in my opinion create a very solid tribal membership that would allow the tribe ideas mentioned to function to the maximum potential.

Just a whacky idea but something I personally would like to try on a world such as this.

I like your wacky idea. So many players rarely play with the welfare of the tribe in mind..

What about kicking players out for various reasons?

DeletedUser5582

Ok we have 34 players signed up and a few coming over from .net for this so if you have an interest then be quick as spots are filling fast.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=240025

thats the post on the .net forums so if you want to be a part of Uk server history then be quick as the four leaders will be picking their teams soon.

DeletedUser

Moi and Taras may be joining in.

But if I get Zard as leader, I cannot guarantee I won't resort to self-harming :icon_razz:

J/k <3

DeletedUser8643

Would have thought that innogames will not be too happy about this. They are trying to attract new blood and any new blood unfortunate enough to start in the same world will be well and truly demolished, never to return

DeletedUser

Would have thought that innogames will not be too happy about this. They are trying to attract new blood and any new blood unfortunate enough to start in the same world will be well and truly demolished, never to return

Except that this tribe group will
1. teach newbies
2. recruit some IG
3. not annihilate nubs

DeletedUser

so you guys will be ganking outside threats?

it figures you guys need to team up to take me out. :icon_razz: