Battle of the Tribes - UK9/10

DeletedUser

It's not really clear what the time frame is?

Are we talking about joining the world for the long haul in which case speed settings wouldn't really matter or are we just talking about a 2-3 month thing with fast settings (similar to an HP round under some aspects) so the 4 tribes could quickly grow in their respective Ks and then fight it out against each other without having to commit to the world for ages. I don't have problems committing to worlds for the long term, however, there are many people who just won't stick around for that long, so if say the 4 tribes started out on a regular world each one in a different K it would take around over a year probably before any proper fighting between the tribes started at which point many players from original line ups may very well have abandoned their respective tribes which would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole idea.

DeletedUser

Would love to play, perfect set up for a player like me!

Think my new TW Skype is Gaiaworld.... might be Gaiaworlds tho, cant remember till I get home :)

DeletedUser1410

It's not really clear what the time frame is?

Are we talking about joining the world for the long haul in which case speed settings wouldn't really matter or are we just talking about a 2-3 month thing with fast settings (similar to an HP round under some aspects) so the 4 tribes could quickly grow in their respective Ks and then fight it out against each other without having to commit to the world for ages. I don't have problems committing to worlds for the long term, however, there are many people who just won't stick around for that long, so if say the 4 tribes started out on a regular world each one in a different K it would take around over a year probably before any proper fighting between the tribes started at which point many players from original line ups may very well have abandoned their respective tribes which would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole idea.

I think it would all depend on the settings, and if a world starts that has an ending
Or we as the 4 tribes sets out rules for the win?
IE

One tribe takes every players village in its starting K
or
A set mount of points?

It could last 3 months or 3 years? all depends on what we all want?

DeletedUser

I think I'd be interested...although I gave up hardcore TW awhile ago :icon_sad: Meaning: I don't do the crazy farming, I laugh at the same second trains and count the village as lost before the train even hits, backtimes-counter/fake backtimes-snipes-same second dodges-etc. all seem like too much trouble for a game nowadays so I wouldn't be doing any of the above and some of the not listed above, besides old school tw play. If that's an issue for joining, I'd be more than happy to coplay to pick up the slack, but I'm kinda picky in that aspect, would only co-play with 3 other people (Jamie or Hugo or Muldie). So, if my play style, or rather lack of play is an issue, if you can get one of the above to play than put us down (might even farm the 20x20 if I feel so inclined). If this isn't acceptable for recruitment, then I'll most likely be there getting catted to 26 points :lol: Reason why I'm interested in all honesty, is because I've been trying to see one of these take off for about 3+ years now :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I think it would all depend on the settings, and if a world starts that has an ending
Or we as the 4 tribes sets out rules for the win?
IE

One tribe takes every players village in its starting K
or
A set mount of points?

It could last 3 months or 3 years? all depends on what we all want?

I like the idea of taking all villiages in an area, however if the tribes are starting in seperate K's then maybe it doesnt promote decent competition enough, maybe it should be to take 25% of live villiages in an opposing K?

Im just waffling, but at least this bumps the thread to get more interest :)

DeletedUser282

I'll play (probably, depends on start date), you know my skype.

Please can this actually happen this time.

Yes, but co-players take up 2 spots to be fair.

No. Think about that a bit. Lets assume players were assigned to tribes fairly based on skill or randomly, randomly separating players (lets assume its a perfect skill balance)

Some people need to co-play, we don't all have the time to run an account solo. If this rule because used, then it is very likely that tribes will have a different number of accounts. The tribes with the most accounts will be the ones with the most free time. In a war between 2 tribes where the skill level of the tribes is perfectly balanced, the one with the most accounts is almost certain to win.
This would mean that the tribe with the most free time would end up winning. This, to me, seems a stupid way to do things.

Perhaps the best way to do it would be for a pool of accounts (with the co players stated) to be made a while before the world starts then the leaders to take turns picking accounts. (As I believe Battle Royale was supposed to be.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9006

I think I'd be interested...although I gave up hardcore TW awhile ago :icon_sad: Meaning: I don't do the crazy farming, I laugh at the same second trains and count the village as lost before the train even hits, backtimes-counter/fake backtimes-snipes-same second dodges-etc. all seem like too much trouble for a game nowadays so I wouldn't be doing any of the above and some of the not listed above, besides old school tw play. If that's an issue for joining, I'd be more than happy to coplay to pick up the slack, but I'm kinda picky in that aspect, would only co-play with 3 other people (Jamie or Hugo or Muldie). So, if my play style, or rather lack of play is an issue, if you can get one of the above to play than put us down (might even farm the 20x20 if I feel so inclined). If this isn't acceptable for recruitment, then I'll most likely be there getting catted to 26 points :lol: Reason why I'm interested in all honesty, is because I've been trying to see one of these take off for about 3+ years now :icon_neutral:

lol can I just copy that and say ditto for me ?

Although I think this would be more appealing if you got some other well known leaders to be interested as the appeal of battle of the tribes is to be in tribes that are going to be very competitive .. if no-one good is going to be leading them and there aren't many really well known players in the tribes , it isn't really any different to any other world . The best thing about battle of the tribes would be to put some great tribes with good leaders good players and the rest of the tribe those willing to learn and then set them against each other . But to make this appealing you need more big names to endorse it and commit to it ... just my opinion .

<3

DeletedUser

most accounts will be co-played so it will balance itself out, can i suggest splitting the coplay accounts and solo acounts equally?

also i'd like to sign up to this... incase you dont have my skype its arslanmc

DeletedUser

@Garg:

Will be a controversial topic nonetheless. Many hate co-playing, many love it. Honestly, it's hard to draw a line. But I do get the account scenario. We'll have to leave it to the leaders for not choosing co-played accounts. Otherwise, we'll create conflict.

@Aliyah

As I said earlier, I didn't feel like badgering leaders to come endorse it, but a few have asked so I'll check around with some leaders like Pervis and such. I've said I'd gladly have them, but I'm not one to pester people.

DeletedUser1410

If you haven't been added into the skype chat please contact me on there
ruffus.tw and I will add you

DeletedUser

I'm up for it... you also have me on skype Ruffus - o-tooles

DeletedUser

It would all depend on when the world started for me, but happy to be added to the skype chat so im kept informed.

UN: Horsychen

DeletedUser

Edit: My circumstances have/ will have changed. So I can/ will not be able to do this anymore.

Good luck with this tho!

Last edited by a moderator: