Bot protection

DeletedUser

I have to agree with you there ade. In my ccollege there are lost of proggrammers who have told me ingenious methods used to bot and hack systems. There is no way of winning and the botters will only create new ways around problems. You cant eradicate it only slow it.

Botting and hacking are very different things. Not sure why you are comparing them :S

DeletedUser5175

Anyway the reason im posting is to talk about my experience with the bot protection, I had the misfortune of breaking my keyboard :( i could still farm using bookmarked farms and basically do everything apart from comment on the forums. Everything worked out fine untill the bloody bot protection screen came up!! It stoped me farming efficiently untill I came up with the idea of pasting the numbers individually from the attack ID forum. I hate bot protection!!!! But i see that it is needed unfortunatly.

start-->Accessories==>ease of access--->on screen keyboard --- a keyboard you use the mouse to operate

if you dont have windows 7 its found in accessories

hope that helps for next time your a numpty and break your keyboard liam :)

DeletedUser

an auto-farming tool would be quite handy & not really a game-breaker if everyone had it - but make it only usable on non-player vills.

just think if everyone could farm effectively 24/7 there would be more competition as the res would be gone so much quicker so they'd have to move on to players much quicker than they would otherwise as the barbs will all be out-farmed.

DeletedUser

It’s unfortunate that the bot protection has effected your game play, but at the end of the day the bot protection is there to enhance everyone’s gaming experience by removing cheater from the game. On top of this every player has the same chance of getting it, you have just been unlucky in the timing.

This is absolutely nonsense.

So if every player has the same chance, then that just means that every players gets this 3 to 4 times a day, like i do, and then that's just going from HQ view to mail view, why the hell should bot protection come in then?

If you going to use it test it properly as it's evident that it hasn't been tested properly at all, and I actually know what I'm talking about as I've been in QA for neigh on 20 years, and if I'd have tested this and seen the amount of complaints that have been raised against it then I'd happily accept being sacked.

What cheating are you trying to prevent I ask you, farming for one, so why don't you tune Bot Protection to only come up in those areas when the frequency seems to quick to be a human doing it.

But no you ain't even got anything that intelligent have you? You just have a random pop up for bot protection and thats it, a child could have wrote that, sort it out and put some real intelligence in to when it pops up rather than it being totally random.

I for one, as soon as this happens when timing is crucial will be calling for someones head.

Sort it out or get rid.......................

DeletedUser

^^^ i suggest if you insist on giving your opinion on the bot protection from a 'profession' point of view you actually read up on what your talking about, if it was based on activity it would punish those that bookmark farm. so your so called method would be right out the window, as for innogames using one that randomly pops up, read the developers blog, it is far more advanced than that.

DeletedUser

We’re also going to implement a very basic trust system. If you consistently pass bot protection checks quickly you’ll become trusted and so will receive less frequent checks.

I get the bot protection at least 3 to 4 times a day and that frequency hasn't changed since I started.
-- What's the definition of 'pass bot protection checks quickly'? I do them within a second or two.
-- I'm on line and active all day, from 7am to midnight, so the frequency of checks I get would be expected, so when this is implemented I should become a trusted user.
-- How many times do you have to do it quickly to be a trusted user?
-- How long does your status of being a trusted user last?

The first change we’ve made is that for a certain amount of time the bot protection will appear at the top of every page instead of completely blocking access to the game.

-- How's this going to work, if its none intrusive you can just ignore it and carry on cheating?
-- Or is it so you can still see the screen but you can't perform any actions?

-- What cheating are you trying to prevent?
-- Farming Bots?
--- Yes?
-- Bookmark Farming
--- Are you really trying to stop people doing this?
-- Mass fake scripts?
--- Not a problem as you can only send 5 attacks a second on world 7 uk server, don't know about others haven't checked.
-- Sub 150 m/s trains?
--- Again this is already blocked on my world
-- Why should you get Bot Protection when going from Home screen to mail screen or any other screen that gives no advantage to any player using bots or not.

So all I can see that's worth having bot protection for is Farming, or are people creating bots to run the whole account, that seems fairly advanced to me.

Read the developers blog, it is far more advanced than that.
I have but my comment about it being random is how it appears to be working or not working for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it is a work in progress from what I as a user believe. This is similar to a predictive text dictionary on your phone it takes modification and information received in order to 'fine tune' as you and I can see from the development blogs its is in the process of being 'upgraded' however. I as a user am not expecting this to happen immediately and understand that this is for our benefit.

DeletedUser

Can i be added to the trusted list please as I was only try to do some resource balancing whilst my attacks were bouncing and my enemy is stacking their villages, rebuilding the walls etc?

By the way surely it is not very secure if I have to put in the exact same combination of numbers every time as I have the last twenty or so times today.

DeletedUser

I would also like to be added to the trusted list as I'm 100% sure I've never (knowingly) done anything illegal on this game (however if you were to drive behind me today I dare say I'd have about 100 penalty points).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Guys seriously. Read. Think. Post. IN THAT ORDER. Go read the dev blog.

We’re also going to implement a very basic trust system. If you consistently pass bot protection checks quickly you’ll become trusted and so will receive less frequent checks.

GOING TO, meaning it is currently been worked on not that it has already happend. Also read the fact that it says your frequency will go down as you pass tests and therefore become more 'trusted' by the system. It is NOT a trusted list.

DeletedUser

Yeah I saw those comments and laughed, but couldn't be bothered to comment, of course you don't get added manually and therefore you can't ask for it.... lol

DeletedUser

It was supposed to be amusing as well as having a dig about other issues.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
But no you ain't even got anything that intelligent have you? You just have a random pop up for bot protection and thats it, a child could have wrote that, sort it out and put some real intelligence in to when it pops up rather than it being totally random.

It's by no means random, I get it far, far, more than most people on worlds I've played because apparently, I farm like a bot. :lol: Your 3-4 times a day is hardly the most anyone sees it. I have had worlds where I got it at least 10-20 times a day while farming. It's based on frequency of commands and the type of commands. Most likely mail is one of those actions which is checked most often to stop botters from spamming people.

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me the difference between a bot and a script that accesses the rally point?

DeletedUser

wow, interesting read, i will say this, the more u block something out that the majority want, it will happen anyway, maybe a bit later but the majority will hate you for it. besides uk players are lot more behaved than .net, wow the shenegans that go down over there