Congratulations to Nubs on winning Classic 6

DeletedUser6695

Let's be serious for a minute, Deb (and everyone else with the pass) could have rimmed everyone before we(they) stopped playing. All of your growth was awful

Deleted User - 695343

Wow, what an interesting read. So many people I've never heard of seem to think they know what happened.

First a brief history of the account. I joined when the acct was around 2k points before academy. I joined to play with my friend murph, who despite the rumours, I had thought would be quite active. On my first day someone tried to noble me, I backtimed him, pushed academy to noble him before he could rebuild. This captured my interest despite settings I royally disliked so I decided to stick around as no one else except Murph was active and his online times were during Night Bonus. Murph sent that train and he sent one or two more before taking a more background role on the account. Several others had the login but would only login to send obnoxious mails or just see how it was doing. Once or twice they farmed. The Rowdy tribe (mostly UK players, versus me a .net player) as a whole did not know me at the time and were quite condescending to me early on.

When we took rank one I was constantly told by the guys on DTT that I wouldn't keep it, as they were out farming us. But they were scared of morale and played early game very cautiously. They kept taunting me with their coin count which was baffling considering they weren't using them to actually noble nor did they have the offence to do so. They kept planning ops that were fail and a tribe op that was perpetually delayed ended up being me solo versus the rank 4 tribe at the time, which I annihilated. This gave us a substantial lead. Somewhere at this point the main player on DTT disappeared and the rest of them got increasingly more inactive from then on, which in hindsight was the downfall of Rowdy. At this point we had a massive lead. Sam, one of the original players got fairly active again just before 1million points and it was basically him and me until about 3 million. During this time we had not one internal or barb (not including players who barbed after we cleared) compared to the majority of the top twenty many who had mostly barbs and internals before they hit a mere 100k. When we hit 1mil it took three weeks for the next person to catch up.

This is probably all comes across as quite arrogant but I'm quite frankly just stating the facts. We had a huge lead from early on and we kept it. I would have loved a proper war with nubs but without a tribe to do it with it was an impossible feat. I don't think I would have been rimmed, I am sure they would have done some damage, as at the point the war became inevitable I was a solo player and had no help. I was begging people on .net to help me out and watch for incoming at night and when I was dealing with my kids after-school stuff. My sheer size at that point in time meant rimming would have been a hard feat regardless of my activity. Anyone who's played with me will know defending is my strong suit so I'm quite confident that during my online times little would have happened in terms of loss. When I was offline, times which nubs were clearly aware of, yes there would have been damage, but I highly doubt they would have been able to rim me considering I pretty much owned k45.

Well if you know how this world went down you'd know that rank 1 doesn't deserve 1k prem and she wasn't rimmed so we could end the world ASAP

Given the above, Acki, please tell me again how I don't deserve it? At one point I had more points than all of Nubs combined and I daresay that had I remained active that could have been maintained.

Could the real reason be that she's a far better player than you? And also that most of your tribe have a pathetic schoolboy crush on her?

Better player than Acki, yes definitely, that wouldn't be hard. :lol: But his coplayer Jonesy is a formidable player and it would have been a very tough fight. It's a shame Nubs diplo made it so hard for him to play properly as I think he would have emerged as an incredible player. The rest of Nubs I wouldn't have seen as much of a challenge either, save maybe Rob, but he was too far away to have been a concern. Spartacus could have been an issue too, but his activity would have ultimately let him down. Our size meant night bonus was no longer a concern and nukes could just be doubled up. The problem for me was my night cos let me down, so I was effectively playing 9-15st.

Rimming her hmmm.... well just to inform you
we had a poll do we win this as a 4 member tribe or invite deb and have this world won ASAP

If my tribe hit deb shed have quit and I know it upsets her fans but yes she would most certainly have been rimmed (sorry debs fans!)

I have fans??? Acki, I realise you mostly play UK and that the accounts don't get very big here, but trust me when I speak from experience and say it's extremely difficult to rim even an inactive player of 6 million points without them hitting delete. You would have done some damage on the borders but that's it.

right lets get this sorted once and for all..

If debs didnt flutter her eyelashes at all the young boys (which is so bad may i add) then she wouldnt of had "school boy"crushes hanging on her every word.

She gave just as much as she got as far as im concerned so i think you need to wind your neck in a little and get your facts right.

Who the hell are you? Oh yes, Dam's missus, that explains the prejudice. Please show me where I "fluttered my lashes?" I'd love to know. I cannot stand women who play the gender card to get ahead on this game, it quite literally makes me sick. Your assumptions are symptomatic of the rape culture in modern society. Because somehow they saw my skype picture and thought whatever it is they thought, I am responsible? No honey, that's their problem not mine.

For your amusement, my first interaction with Spartacus (sorry Bruno <3):

[29/08/2014 09:28:42] Bruno: :D , can I make an out of game question ?
[29/08/2014 09:29:08] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: sure (think)
[29/08/2014 09:29:23] Bruno: is really you in the skype pic ? (dont take it bad)
[29/08/2014 09:29:41] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: Afraid so :D
[29/08/2014 09:30:23] Bruno: you're gorgeous , gosh , couldnt imagine tribalwars had such beautiness there (smirk)
[29/08/2014 09:31:05] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: :eek:
[29/08/2014 09:31:10] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: lol thanks... I'm old :p
[29/08/2014 09:31:56] Bruno: you're what .. 22 maximum?
[29/08/2014 09:32:02] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: :D
[29/08/2014 09:32:04] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: 34 :p
[29/08/2014 09:33:22] Bruno: gosh .. no more words on saying , you look great for a 34 years women , you should feel glad , give my congratulations for your parents , what such a great work (chuckle)
[29/08/2014 09:33:35] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: :D
[29/08/2014 09:34:47] Bruno: Anyway lets focus in the game since I dont wanna get over the limits and loose my villas :x
[29/08/2014 09:35:13] Deb / Dewdropdeb / Wrecking Ball: (chuckle) good call

This is the type of thing I get all the time. THEY are the ones bringing it up, not me, if anything it makes me extremely uncomfortable and I try to change the subject as quickly as possible or highlight the fact that I'm actually an old fart in the hopes it makes them move along. Bruno was the only person in Nubs to make comments like this and as I got to know him, I minded less and less and it got to be a running joke. I even recruited him for my tribe in W77.

I'm sorry if I happened to get along with the majority of the guys in nubs and I also happen to be female. I'm sure if I was a man that wouldn't have even come up. I would have been just as happy to fight them and actually quite enjoy fighting people I respect or get along with as to me it makes the game much more fun and I'd say the majority of them feel the same. To suggest otherwise just highlights the underlying sexist assumptions that haunt this game and coming from a woman makes it even more vile, but then again given your other half's sexist presumptions, I can hardly be surprised. Why can't a girl just win because she played strategically and made good decisions and generally kicked ass? Why is gender even an issue? :icon_rolleyes:

You could say Deb played the world very well, and completely out grew every other player, and she fully deserves to finish the world rank one

Or

You could say when the Rowdy vs Nubs war was declared, Deb made it perfectly clear she had neither the time or the desire to fight a war with us, knowing fine well she had the opportunity to join Nubs once her tribe mates hit delete

True to an extent, yes. I had hoped to war Nubs, but it started a week too early for me. Sam had had a family bereavement and was due back the following week. I couldn't commit myself to a war without a co, so I stacked Destructo and defended the nubtastic incoming from Aliens that I did have. Given the fact that I knew I wouldn't be active I blew nukes on Bruno and DD's frontline which I guessed (correctly) would be stacked and converted all those border O vils to defence so that I could at least defend easily with limited time and effort. Castiel and Destructo were taking the heat and decided they couldn't continue without tribe support and hit delete. I don't blame them and I felt awful about it, but I just couldn't commit properly until Sam came back. It turned out to be a good thing too, as he never did come back so I probably would have hit delete as well. Rob proposed me joining nubs and ending the world early so I agreed just to be done with it. End of.

you were so far up her **** and you know it, she only had to flutter her eyes and you were there bowing down to her every wim.

everyone knows it so dont kid yourself and us..

Seriously? Rob? The only one there who ever flirted with me was Bruno and that was in jest. I think it's pretty pathetic that you're using your other half's dislike for me as a way to bash people. You're mad because his tribe liked me better than him? Given his attitude you can hardly blame them. Get over it.:icon_rolleyes:

Let's be serious for a minute, Deb (and everyone else with the pass) could have rimmed everyone before we(they) stopped playing. All of your growth was awful

This is true. It sounds arrogant but it's true. When the account was active there was no stopping it. We outgrew tribes and at it's most active it was triple rank two. The premise that we didn't deserve to win is bullshit. We had this thing won before 1 million points. I personally held 20% dominance.

Bottom line, I am a decent player, nothing more nothing less, my gender has nothing to do with my victory here and I am disgusted anyone would assume otherwise. I am not the best player by any means and I don't claim to be, if anything my success on this world highlights huge lack of skill* and competition on UK. There's an underlying problem here in that the settings and admins effectively penalise experienced players and deter them from joining and as such the server will never take off in the way that .net does.

So after all that, yes, congrats to Nubs, they won fair and square and kept things interesting for awhile despite all the hugs. It's s shame it ended like it did, but c'est la vie. The world lost it's spark when Rowdy deleted and the ending was appropriate given the circumstances. We could play "shoulda, coulda, woulda" all day, but it's over and it's not worth thinking about. A huge thanks to Sam, who was an awesome co when he was around and for Murph for keeping us all entertained and bringing me on board in the first place. Big hugs to Bruno, Jonesy and Rob, you guys made this world fun! :)

* Skill is a silly term for this game, as anything required to be successful at tw is readily available to the masses, it's just most don't make the effort to learn properly. Those that do excel, it's not rocket science, in fact it's ridiculously simple.

DeletedUser13240

Acki, I realise you mostly play UK and that the accounts don't get very big here, but trust me when I speak from experience and say it's extremely difficult to rim even an inactive player of 6 million points without them hitting delete. You would have done some damage on the borders but that's it.

You have a fair point there because it took ages for the "nubs" who won classic 5 to take down the player called Classic Killer who I think was inactive and didn't have much def or points. Whats your ign on net?

DeletedUser11922

wow thats some story that, carry on " hunny" you keep playing the victim .

DeletedUser11922

How am I a victim? I won! ;) Sounds like you're the one making excuses here...

Dont really care if you won or no to be honest, i know what went on on that world so you just keep living in a dream world " hunny"

Deleted User - 695343

What acc did you play angeleyes?

She's Dambuster's wife. Nuff said! ;)

Dont really care if you won or no to be honest, i know what went on on that world so you just keep living in a dream world " hunny"

If you don't care why did you join this forum for a world you didn't play specifically to flame someone you don't know a damn thing about based completely on hearsay from a biased party? If you really don't care, then please tell us why you are here exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11922

yeah thats right i am, and you got a problem with that..

DeletedUser11922

its a forum love , you can have a say on any of it, i dont have say why im here to you or anyone so get over it..

Deleted User - 695343

Can't help but feel like I'm stuck in an episode of Geordie Shore here...

Deleted User - 70854

Ah I see, your upset because your husband neglected you to put hours into this world, and still lost?

Or is it just a general loathing towards a fellow woman because young boys have a "crush" on her?

DeletedUser13103

This is true. It sounds arrogant but it's true. When the account was active there was no stopping it. We outgrew tribes and at it's most active it was triple rank two. The premise that we didn't deserve to win is bullshit. We had this thing won before 1 million points. I personally held 20% dominance.

I have to disagree with this part. If the win conditions were first to 1m points, or first to 20% dominance then great, but it wasn't.

I'll take a tribe that grows slower but remains active until the end, over a tribe that grows faster, but end up going inactive any day.

DeletedUser13103

Oh ok, growing fast then quitting is the way forward, I'll keep that in mind