Lagspike Premade [UK15]

DeletedUser

A fair assessment, although we did have a few who were outstanding players imo. Pangela/sheepdip, and the Raspberry/Seamus combination on w7 for example. Matt is quite a handy player too when he is in the mood ;-)

As for w15, there will be no KnK presence, were in retirement and staying there! I'm sure plenty of individual KnK players will be there though.

Hmm Pangela didn't do very well on UK14 as expected. He was being watched by myself and Nauzhror because we expected big things.
The KnK tribe we are talking about isn't all of them, but it is mixture of many tribes across UK worlds.

...start up players , will be gone when w16 opens :)

Not at all, I bet I have played more late games than nearly all of UK's active players these days. I just don't like it so much now, but if I enjoy a world I stay there.

true bout pedro, but was a late starter dont forget, if he actually plays top 5 imo.

Yeah Pedro with his co's will deffo be top 5.

i haven't seen Cam on skype for ages, he left before Christmas

blue

He went on the 4th of January 2013 and didn't return. I doubt to see him playing.

Very few Inc. players here actually D1!

EDIT: I counted 8 individual Inc. players, but on different accounts.. Social Experiment, PresevationSociety, The Icemen, Jaycee, T..dems and Dispise.
However from Inc. players there will only be 4 accounts (Blue's, Mine, Dan's and Jaycee's).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

I just saw sum names from inc n jumped to conclusions :icon_redface:

Who is haran btw? not accustom to the name

About pangela, skill wise he's up thier, growth and farming not so, on uk13 for example we have a variety of players in top ranks now.

we have mass farmers
mass internallers
and very offenseive players.

2 of mask's world 13 players almost farm nothing, but i imagine have one of the most aggressive off/def ratio's and the skills to use them.

so naturally pang isnt going to be top 5 at start up, but when multiple vills come in he excels, either way id want him on my team in any fight,

DeletedUser

Haran isn't well known but I hope that changes, wouldn't expect you to know him to be honest.

Ah I totally agree with that, wasn't calling him a bad player at all and I would love to play alongside him. I was more saying that I expected a lot more from him.
Pangela is definitely like most of the rest of the UK world winners... Very good after 100-500k.
But I think my point stands as I made before that the game is stupidly easy from there onwards unless you are under constant attack there is little skill at all needed just good judgement and even when under constant attack not much is needed at all apart from activity. Not to take it away from them or anything but that is my view.

DeletedUser6603

Its a pointless debate really. Everyone has their own view of what makes a player great, and start-up skills in my opinion are not what makes a player a great one. I look for loyalty, commitment, willingness to help your tribe above your own success, before individual qualities. We were always able to teach new players to be good enough to be an effective player, and those that wanted to be better than that rose to the top. We had a long debate with Nauz once upon a time, and if I remember correctly we agreed that one on one he would always beat us, but because of the way we played TW he would never get the opportunity to have a go at us one on one, as we would always have an entire tribe behind us.

What you also have to remember, is that pangela was in a tribe that had a plan. Simple one really - to win the world. Everything we did was geared towards that, and hence he and every other KnK member would adapt their game based on that. W7 and W12 we went to war very early, so pangela and other members growth might have been hampered by that, but it was all about the benefit to the tribe. We always took a long term view with everything really! Knowing Paul (pangela) as I do, id also know that if he is playing a world that we (the group of friends he has played with for over two years), aren't on a world, he wouldn't put in the same level of effort he would have done if it was a world we were present on.

So many factors, to little time lol

DeletedUser4753

id disagree.

activity + judgement and generall know how is exactly whats needed at start up.

farming via micro or sre/fa isnt hard now is it, just requires perseverance lol.

people co play at start up just as people co play at later game.

your rightunless under heavy attack later game is a breeze.

however tribe vs tribe someone is going to be under heavy attack for sure,

if you:

don't have experience, to make good calls
cannot time, to aid sniping and timing in retakes before support
cannot snipe, as a good player isnt going to be a turtle so cant stack the lot
cannot decipher fakes and tag and react

If you lack these skills you will probably fail at end game if attacked, and fail at start up if attacked.

the difference is, in start up you cant afford to slip up, but you will have to perform manuevers much less often
in later game, you can mess up, but as enemies now have massive arsenals, if you find yourself under heavy attack your going to be utilizing these skills more often.

I say that as a player who doesnt tribe hop, and doesnt usualy start in premades, so often play with odds against me.
alot of ppl in rank 1 tribes arnt necessarily good, but if the whole tribe cannot perform any of these moves, then opposition would demolish them.

what pang lacks is farming drive and maybe start up know how, but the most important skills in the grand sheme of things he can nail.

i know tw is so much about start up races and premades, but it is a complete game where failings at any level, mean if you suck and fighting a better player at whatever stage of the game, your in trouble.

DeletedUser4753

Btw if you wanted a more free debate on this sort of topics will by all means make a topic,

(just i have a habit of going off topic everywhere i go, so out of respect for haran ima try zip it :p )

DeletedUser

Haha well the UK forums are dead as it is so I don't think they should stop the off topic debates as it just makes the forums die even more!

I do agree though with most of what you said. However I still stand by the point that in late game or mid game it is so easy and all you need is activity if under attack and if you know what to do even then activity isn't as important apart from when you need to snipe etc. I can teach anyone a method to tag 1000 incomings within minutes legally.

@KWAPablo.

I definitely agree that it is a pointless debate that will never come to an end.
Loyalty, commitment and willingness are all attributes that any player can have really. Therefore I would disagree with saying that they make a player great - however they would be involved in what does make a player great.

I am known as a start up player, but I am not. Tribal wars is a game that is supposed to be fun, once it is not fun.. Why play?

It becomes a chore and so I do not often carry on when bored. However, when I do enjoy a world I have to be among players I enjoy being around etc and so loyalty, commitment and willingness are all attributes I have.

I believe this applies to pretty much any player. If they enjoy a world, they will most likely be enjoying who they are playing with and so the three characteristics you mentioned are all most likely true for them.

I love teaching new players if they are not irritating and actually learn (by irritating I mean people who ask every single little detail ie. What do I build after 1 wood? After 1 clay? After barracks? Which villages should I farm? etc).
I have never played this game for my own success and I hope I never will. I always help people out as much as I can and if you have played alongside me you will know this to be true.

DeletedUser4753

True lol

it does depend alot on your attackers, if you know how to defend you know how best to attack.

for example,

you can sit all day and dodge dodge, snipe nobles dodge. but as you will know mini fang fakes aimed at rallies in amongst legit hits can annoy.

most thing are defend able, but a noob attacking even with a boat loads of nukes and i can dodge all and kill nobles if im out gunned.
is a lot easier than keeping check on rally point demo and rebuilds to keep them up, sniping multiple same second trains, all the while new tags, keeping smithies+acads up for retakes etc etc.

Put it this way, if a team of very able players are behind large accounts, and assuming its a equal battle, without equally or greater level players defending the account can very quickly become a dire situation, most players couldnt handle it and are going down without massive tribe imput, but then if this is happening on multiple war fronts tribe cannot plug all holes that nooby players leave.

The previous rank 2 on w13 is a good example, he was in a bigger tribe and had massive chunks of safe zone vills, we opp'd him, but he tried to defend where he shouldnt and neglected to defend where he should, the result was massive troop and vill loss.
things calmed down and we hit elsewhere, and once again even after a chance to rebuild, we see the drive make the exact same mistakes throwing a 3 million point account away whilst being in a superior size tribe.

DeletedUser

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by d1mension
true bout pedro, but was a late starter dont forget, if he actually plays top 5 imo.

"Yeah Pedro with his co's will deffo be top 5."

thanks
nah im gunna try and keep playing hehe might aswell for once

Pedro

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Will
Nick
Neo
pedro

take nauz out the equation those 4 were arguably the best in w14, and in inc,
and all 4 look to now be in lag spike w15 :p

(application time) rofl

Pedro pointwhored like hell to keep up point-wise. His account was never much of anything special to be honest.

As much as GIXXER and I don't always see eye to eye, he's a much better player than Pedro.

DeletedUser4753

Gixxer wasnt about at start up was he?

Can we expect to see ya on w15 nauz?, nice to see ya still popping in :)

DeletedUser

Gixxer wasnt about at start up was he?

Can we expect to see ya on w15 nauz?, nice to see ya still popping in :)

He claimed otherwise at first but he was about from about 500 points onwards. I remember him saying so somewhere.. probably on skype.

I challenged GIX to a 1on1 on UK15. He has read the message but didn't reply :icon_cry:

DeletedUser11546

I"m still shuddering at the thought of being lead by haran

DeletedUser10790

He will be fine, hes a good person, and is improving! and he plenty of people to help if he needs

blue

DeletedUser11546

Yes I'll agree that click was a disaster, but that was due to my inactivity, and i'd like to think that had I been more active and my co-duke had not disappeared my tribe would have lasted longer and been a success.

DeletedUser11475

Will
Nick
Neo
pedro

take nauz out the equation those 4 were arguably the best in w14, and in inc,
and all 4 look to now be in lag spike w15 :p

(application time) rofl

I don't think I count only played for about 2 weeks then went on holiday