[Poll] Reputation

What settings should be used for the reputation system?

• Don't change anything

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Deactivate the reputations' system

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Publish the "reppers"

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Enable just positive reps

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Yahoo no -neg reps!

Now all those rediculous -neg reps I get and other people get for decent posts which go against their own ideals will forever be over :3

DeletedUser

I wish I could -rep you for that. The mods and admin are the most responsible forum members, and thus the least likely to mis-use the rep system. They can be trusted to give -rep to posts that deserve it.

Mods will not abuse the system. I'm not complaining about that. This is what I find really odd with this system:

-Mods have moderator rights so they can moderate and keep the forum free from spam and such.
-Mods can infract people that breakes the rules.

..right?

the mods job is to do so, infract people that breakes the rules. That's why they are given their mod rights. To infract and keep the forum clean. That's the job of beeing a moderator. If I disagree to a post, I can't -rep people. Mods can, because they have the right to disagree with people that way, but I do not. Because they can infract people.

Beeing a mod is not a "seal of trust". It's like a mini-job.

DeletedUser

[th]The base reputation is now 0 for new members and was updated for old users to also 0 reps. Whoever thinks he got a lot of unjustified negative rep before the new set-up: Please mail me.[/th]

DeletedUser

Hmm... good update. I had been given 10 reps by someone then it disappeared lol >,>

DeletedUser

Cool Thar, it was funny though right before the poll ended I got anohter </3 that made the total to about 8 or 9.

DeletedUser

Someone seems to be crusing around and giving everyone negetive rep,Yesturday almost everyone was at green,today it's hard to find someone at grey.

DeletedUser

How did people start repping before if everyone started with 10 reps?

And I don't mind the new system as it stops people who off-topically dislike or disagree with someone from damaging their reputation when they should just take it out somewhere else ¬_¬... and among other reasons.

But mods and admins should comb through posts more, else everyones going to have alot of +reps and you can't tell if someone's been fooling about

DeletedUser

Cool Thar, it was funny though right before the poll ended I got anohter </3 that made the total to about 8 or 9.
I had gotten a second one right after we all had gotten one.:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I just lost 10 rep points. <.<
Did mods jsut -rep all my posts?

DeletedUser

No, they took the 10 reputation points we started with away.

DeletedUser

It was a good move, even if I do find it slightly depressing.

DeletedUser

I'm at -3 now. The worst part is I received 3 greens after the 10 got taken away.. lol

DeletedUser

I'm at -3 now. The worst part is I received 3 greens after the 10 got taken away.. lol

[th]You started with 10 points. They were being substracted. Your 3 positive lately cannot balance the 6 negative reps you've received before. Simple maths. :icon_wink:[/th]

DeletedUser

I feel really good about my green rep now everyone is on red. XD