[Poll] Reputation

What settings should be used for the reputation system?

• Don't change anything

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Deactivate the reputations' system

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Publish the "reppers"

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Enable just positive reps

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

You know, people might -neg rep you for that post. ;-)

Edit: :'( lol
Latest Reputation Received Thread Date Comment
reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 08:44 -neg rep? So + rep?

Edit 2: <3

reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 20:03 -rep? So + rep?

reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 20:03 Too bad, some of us like it
reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 16:19 writing is too small to read
reputation_balance.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 16:19 ................

LoL How can you read the future??

To be honest those are a complete disgrace, the only one that likes like on "OKAY" comment is the font size. However the other 2 why try and rep me??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 20:03 Too bad, some of us like it
reputation_neg.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 16:19 writing is too small to read
reputation_balance.gif
[Poll] Reputation 17.06.2009 16:19 ................

To be honest those are a complete disgrace, the only one that likes like on "OKAY" comment is the font size. However the other 2 why try and rep me??
:lol: I've never never given reputation to anyone in .uk forum though 2 days ago i was thinking to give +reps to two or three posters for their contribution to this forum (not this thread).
You know, people might -neg rep you for that post. ;-)
The reason i said this was mostly because the text was small to read and i found it annoying since i was having an headache but i did not rep you. Sure you can read it by quoting it and in some cases( this includes me) you have to highlight the whole post and click on AA(Remove Text Formating) in order to remove bb-codes. Another reason was that you were complaining. Seems like in both cases i was right. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I got a negative rep point by someone saying, I'll help you make your point, I also got one from someone because they found out I knew it was them who bad repped me?

DeletedUser

Seems like everyone who had an opinion is getting neg repped (including myself) :icon_rolleyes:

To whoever repped me and wrote "so you think this is funny?"
Yes. Yes I do :lol:

DeletedUser

[th]There's an ongoing "discussion" regarding the reputation system in this forums. I want to see, what's actually the members' idea about it.

Just to clarify it right now at the start: I will read every opinion posted in this thread, I will consider the result of the poll. But it will not be a result, which I will have to implement. I still may overrule the majority. Sorry to sound this harsh, but I don't want to have some kind of "spammes' majority" decide about the forums. Sadly usually the "mass posting/spamming members" are the most active ones. Nevertheless I want to try hearing a general opinion here.

You may decide between the following options. Read carefully before voting! You won't have a second chance to change your mind!

• Don't change anything
    Keep it like it is now. Anonymus reputations are doing well. The system is fun!
  • Deactivate the reputations' system
    Kill the crap! Remove the reputation from this forums! They aren't adding anything of value to the forums. Needless stuff needs to be deactivated.
  • Publish the "reppers"
    Publish the "reppers" for the repped user. Every user may see in his control panel (where you acutally can see your latest reputation comments), who gave the latest five plus or minus to his/her reputation. Personally I see a lot of abuse here. Even more than right now. A lot of "community famous" members will get their fanbase to kill a member's reputation after receiving a single negative reputation vote.
  • Enable just positive reps
    Members can give positive reputation points only.
I will add/start the poll in a few days. The community has some time to suggest more points to choose. Do not mail me because of this! Post your suggestions in this thread. Everything worth being considered in my point of view, will be added to the poll. So please give good reasons for not-so-obvious suggestions!
[/th]
I havnt read the rest of the thread yet but there is a way you could sort the publish the reppers, you could show only the people who give pstive rep? or the repper could have an option to show his name

DeletedUser

I think they should make it that a thread has to have been like ticked off by a mod before any rep can be involved with reputation. Then you can only rep the OP. this way people can't pos-bomb their friends and neg-bomb spammers.

'I will probably be hated for this'

Also, can mods give more rep?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think they should make it that a thread has to have been like ticked off by a mod before any rep can be involved with reputation. Then you can only rep the OP. this way people can't pos-bomb their friends and neg-bomb spammers.

'I will probably be hated for this'

Also, can mods give more rep?

Bold: No, because the OP may give a lame post, but a responder's maybe worth a +rep.

Tis a bit unfair your idea ;D

DeletedUser

If the rep mis-users know we can see who is leaving the reputation, I'm sure it would put them off. So publish the reppers ;)

DeletedUser69

ia bit late i think...

but i personally dont see the point of this :S i know it has been bought up that people can just giv negative rep over anything which is a bit pointless and would anything stop someone from going through all of someones posts and writing -5 or whastever on all of them?

one comment also on the post about enemies just giving negative...from their point of view what they are fighting for is right, same as you. would you put the negative on their posts if it was from their side n not yours?

all in all is an interesting idea but i think will take up more time and effort than is really worth it. as a disclaimer i not totally sure exactly what this system is so some of my post might not make sense...

DeletedUser745

I think they should publish the 'reppers' because if they did that for a fair reason, why would they want to hide themselves!

DeletedUser

I think they should publish the 'reppers' because if they did that for a fair reason, why would they want to hide themselves!
Because of the massive amount of people who try to vengerep already? I won't lie, if reppers were published I'd be very tempted to vengerep, and so would many others.

DeletedUser

Hi all

I'm new to this game, but not new to forums nor on-line gaming.

I have my own forums with an activated reputation system.

Reputation systems are built up of personal bias, likes and dislikes and in my opinion doesn't particularly add or detract from the basis of a good forums, so fundamentally why have one?

Giving points to someone who does well on a reputation system is a good idea but it would only work if there was a valid reason for the points scored and that could be validated.

Just my two pence worth!
regards

DeletedUser

will anything change? my personal opinion is that the reppers should be published as they may insult people or at least have a "report bad comment" option ( i haven't read the forum so if this has been said, sorry)

DeletedUser

Because of the massive amount of people who try to vengerep already? I won't lie, if reppers were published I'd be very tempted to vengerep, and so would many others.

Which would surely make you consider your -repping more closely.