Premium Price change discussion

DeletedUser1189

It might of been discussed already, but can I ask why the basic package is the only one which can be bought by phone now. Previously I could still get a better deal with the phone call option more so than the text option.

Now, you can only get the basic rip you to hell package using the phone. Only another 99 pence would of gotten me an additonal 120 points, but lo and behold, you cant use your phone any more. Not only have the prices gone up, but the ability to pay the better deal options has been limited. Whats the reason behind this blatant con. How come the phone line option is not available for the £3.99 package like it was before??

DeletedUser

It might of been discussed already, but can I ask why the basic package is the only one which can be bought by phone now. Previously I could still get a better deal with the phone call option more so than the text option.

Now, you can only get the basic rip you to hell package using the phone. Only another 99 pence would of gotten me an additonal 120 points, but lo and behold, you cant use your phone any more. Not only have the prices gone up, but the ability to pay the better deal options has been limited. Whats the reason behind this blatant con. How come the phone line option is not available for the £3.99 package like it was before??

Well said that man I second that opinion
sadly they shut their eyes and based every post on other options giving a 47% on the mid range pay by card method
If you pay by phone they get no info on you
paying by card they can make up a large database of players and i am sure somewhere in there, will be
we will share your private info with our partners please uncheck the box if you do not wish this
Do you have any idea what that info is worth to a marketing department

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1189

Aside from the conspiracy theories of the man above, I would still like to know why the phone option has been taking away from all but the bottom purchase which rips you off big style. For the poster above, normally I pay by paypal, so they dont see any of my details or who I am anyway so the big bad marketing database it out the question. However, my bank account is empty this month and I wanted to put it onto my telephone bill which I pay next month.

Would just like to know why im not being offered the option to purchase a better deal like I was previously using the phone call?

DeletedUser

[th]We've already sent a request for changes at InnoGames. Some language version already have different packages buyable via mobile billing. Hopefully we can offer such packages here soon, too.[/th]

DeletedUser

JustStartedYesterday
what a great idea send me your private info and i will fill them in
i get enough junk mail already thanks

i left travian because it was costing £10 per month
would rather play for free and if it means starting every 6 weeks so be it
the first 6 villages are the best fun anyway
i wonder how many troops i can build if i downgrade all buldings to lev 1 think i will try that

guerillamail.com
or a fake gmail, takes like 3 mins to set up :/

DeletedUser

guys why dont you use gratispay. I got 1 month free premium the other day. I didnt have credit and signed up to an other and got free PP loosing 17p.

DeletedUser1189

Thank you for the update. If they say no just start giving them some hairy back hand until they concede if others have it :icon_razz:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well said that man I second that opinion
sadly they shut their eyes and based every post on other options giving a 47% on the mid range pay by card method
If you pay by phone they get no info on you
paying by card they can make up a large database of players and i am sure somewhere in there, will be
we will share your private info with our partners please uncheck the box if you do not wish this
Do you have any idea what that info is worth to a marketing department

Mmm, pessimistic to the extreme, also logically fallible. The most common method people would pay via credit card would be paypal, a method which requires entering absolutely no private information at all.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the update. If they say no just start giving them some hairy back hand until they concede if others have it :icon_razz:

[th]Main problem is that each country has its own fees (and providers) for mobile billing. Inno cannot just use the same provider(s) from already done language versions to the others.[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Main problem is that each country has its own fees (and providers) for mobile billing. Inno cannot just use the same provider(s) from already done language versions to the others.[/th]

although i call a uk number
the message has a german accent and a german address
Provider of payment:
image.php
InnoGames GmbH
Harburger Schloßstraße 28 21079 Hamburg
Germany Service: InnoGames Payment - UK Land: UK
image.php
Bill4Net GmbH
In der Au 25 61440 Oberursel
Germany

Support:
+800 24554638 (freephone)
MO-FR 10:00-18:00h GMT+1

DeletedUser

You have a phone company as well. They add fees.
Nauz, they are.
I checked one day because some guy said they weren't. i pinged every single one, a max of 1ms difference on any from where I live.

DeletedUser

[th]So what did you prove now? In your case the mobile billing provider is a German business, which offers its services in and for multiple countries. Yet the fees, which Inno has to pay for the mobile billing, differ from country to country and kind of payment. Bill4Net for example isn't offering its services for each language version of InnoGames.

There may be some cheaper solutions from country to country, but it's easier for a business to have one or (global) partner - or at least as few as possible - for mobile billing rather than having different partners for each language version and country. Organizing tons of different providers kills the benefit of paying a little less for single countries. [/th]

DeletedUser

i know have to pay £4 for 200 points which doesn't cover a month's worth of points because you need 230

I used to only have to pay £3 for 4 points, so what's the difference :/

also if i send a text it costs me £3 for 80 points which isn't even 14 days and i used to have 4 points which is over 14 days

:mad:

!!!!!!!:mad:

DeletedUser

... I usually buy via Phone, this used to be easy and convenient, now i have to pay for 3x80 point's which is 3 times more the price than i usually spend, a month!? I can't afford this.
Can you make available 'Buy 200 points via SMS/Phone'?

DeletedUser5613

I've been buying the premium service for quite some time now and i'm accustomed to it like i am sure most players are, price hikes are always an unwelcomed feature to any online game and it mostly does just one job and that is drive customers away to another game.
Alot of players have invested alot of time in this game and by it's very nature you have to spend years on this game to become a top player so it is quite understandable when customers are a bit miffed at such price hikes.

What would have been alot better would have been to increase build times within the game, TW can become very tedious and boring after a while with having to wait for build times if build times were altered so that things built faster ( lets say half the time they take now ) it would keep interest in the game for longer and maybe a fair good few players might not have been so bumbed down with the price increases as TW would have been giving something that i am sure would have been greatly revieved back.

i honestly don't know if i will repurchase my premium account after it runs out but i most certainly would if build times were cut in half!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't we have that done?

DeletedUser

[th]I am not that keen to say "that will never happen" to anything regarding Inno's future strategies anymore, because some of them surprised me even in the past. But having such buyable benefits would destroy the idea of Tribal Wars (and most likely its success) completely.

Some foreign markets implemented such things at least partially already. I wholeheartedly hope, it won't happen here. Tribal Wars shouldn't become yet another "pay to become a top 20 player" game.

[Disclaimer: This posting is my personal opinion only, I'm not speaking on behalf of InnoGames in this case. Thus far InnoGames is not planning to install such features here. But as far as I'm concerned I'll try all that is humanly possible to prevent such things ever being implemented here.][/th]

DeletedUser

Because of this change I can no longer buy my premium and the same applies to many other kids playing this game.
Did you think that kids from 11 - 18 who have no income would be able to buy premium by Text on there phones with these prices? I prefered the old system of paying £3 for 4 points, then another £3 for another 4 points giving me 8 so I could use 5 for 30 days, then keep topping up 4 points and getting 30 day packages, now if I try that, I pay £3 for 80 points, then another 80 points, then another equalling £9 for 240 points which is just over 1 month! £9 for a month!
Can you at least let me buy 200 points for £3.99 like you can via credit card? You are losing soooo many customers by doing this and it won't look good for you guys when Tribal Wars's players drop to 5 people who have around £10 left in there banks and are complete addicts...

Just Decrease the price for phones and I'll be able to pay along with so many other Teenagers who have posted!

DeletedUser

To most, 9 pound a month doesn't seem much, but putting in Rent, Electric, Phone bills, Internet bill's, other game's premium, money for food/water, and going out for dinner, and drinks, all the little things add up, and i fear i'll be quitting soon.. as probably alot of other players. Seriously.. :/