Revealed

DeletedUser

I didn't say ZD could take out all of Why? But a few members. But Yeah I agree, EWaR is one of the best tribes out there apart from Why? and if the could perform an Op with ZD and T4H then something could happen.. But I guess time will tell...

DeletedUser512

lol That is 2 respected players who have now said why? arent the elite tribe.
But personally I would say why? isn't the elite tribe. If you are top for the first month it means nothing just means you have the players with the most points or your tribe had the best start up.

DeletedUser

Reduaram said:
I never said that you recruited to the top. My point was that the size of your current lead (and possibly the fact that you lead at all) is mainly because of... {insert my opening post}.
Also, I know that shadycat is no longer in Why?. The stats I posted showed that he left. BUT, he WAS in why? for at least a while, and it is my inclination to believe that it is only because he was initially invited for his rank.

MontyPython said:
We're rank 1 because we have team work, organization and a good head on each of our shoulders. If we had such a "bad" recruitment policy, we'd invite the whole top 20. No. Do I go out and send invites? No. Do I ask people to join? No. Would I invite you because you're rank 2? No. Why not? Because it's not a tactical move.

Yes, a few have quit. Let me count, three. Oh no, there goes the tribe

MontyPython on 30.06. at 01:59
We'll watch your growth and determine if you would fit.

Azian Temptazian on 30.06. at 01:33
I'm inexperienced as stated in my "Subject" I dont have much to say then talk about how much I would like to join a tribe with such knoweldge of tribal wars not even I could think of till I was in such a tribe, I've got one of your members to post a guide which I made from abstracted information from players on the game and asked for feedback, I've also added a few calculations and my own suggestions towards this game as i'm new to this sophisticated game, once I'm use to it it should be well easy, I'd like to join your tribe, lets get to the point, Why would I like to join your tribe? The experience and knowledge your members have would be great use to me, also I'm very dedicated and very active and motivated to do well on this world. I know I'm low on points but points = troops if you believe troops on the long run give you points. I would love to play alongside such great players, do give me the chance to enhance my knowledge by joining you tribe.

Hope hearing from you soon.

Reduaram said:
Lay off the insults? Anyway, I was referring to tribal pointwhoring (inviting high ranked players), not player pointwhoring.

Talking of Rank I surely give Why? some points - (856.|2.647 P) :lol:
Why? Because I can!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7217

Actually AT, you have a point I would like to make, an example, which is myself. I was recruited (after application and a favor from a friend ) at around 500 points ( can't remember the exact number). I think I was the bottom member there, and Monty was just about to get to 5k. I WAS at the bottom. Now I am ranked 60, not great. I nobled 1 internal, 1 ex-sWARm and 1 active player who later on made a tribe called CCCP ( USSR ), and the rest were barbs. Your point about why? recruiting the top 40 is very much mislead - Why? players make the top 40, I will prove that by moving there myself this evening. So Red, I have all the respect for you as a player, but it was the player's decision to join Why? not us recruiting all of them

DeletedUser

Redauram, if I look at that post through unbiased spectacles, it is a fair review. Yes, we have been boastful, yes we've been bigheaded. But, on the contrary, we have earned the right to do so by reaching and maintaining top rank.

I would like to comment on your n00bek section:
You know, out of n00bek's nine conquers at this stage, six were abandoned, and five of those were under 4k points. So what gives him the right to complain about farm-munchers? Hypocrite much?
First of all, I'd like to highlight that two of those six greys were a player who, after I cleared and took his main, deleted. So your stat is techinically correct, though in reality it is more like 5:4 players:barbs. And not all of us grab as many 30HQ barbs as we can, Redauram; I actually noble a village based on things that are important: barracks, stables, smithy... you know the ones. And as for being sub-4k, I started a week late, and hence my barbs are behind your barbs. Trying getting all the facts before making assumptions I am a hypocrite or such.
He also complains about low morale... but that is a problem in any world when you try to attack players much much smaller than you. So I am wondering why n00bek is trying to noble tiny players, and when failing that, nobles barbarian villages.
Besides, he has players near him that even I have decent morale against. But maybe he is just afraid of them... even despite his next comments.
I'd like to ask whether you have actually had a look in my area? With the exception of Avaz to the north and Gwennie the Welsh to the southwest, there is nobody. I assume he is the player against whom your morale doesn't suck? As for Avaz, that would be suicide. There are upwards of 20 Avaz villages within a 4 hour range of support. Any attempt to noble these would be futile. If you disagree then I'd love to know how/why.

And yet you keep nobling barbarian villages. Sad.
Unfortunately we arent all graced with the almost-empty 6k villages you noble. Hold on... almost empty?
Classified (487|452) K44 3,698 Nicalino [Avaz] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-01 11:00:49
TWStats says: 02/07/2010 Via Dolorosa Tribe 11 +12,736 +3 +9,316 (8,023) +8,496 +820
A 473 rise in ODA. Must've been a real turtle.

Grief (469|454) K44 5,030 Xtreme Thumb Wrestling [Ignore] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-09 19:08:58
Frost (479|438) K44 4,111 Cyanid3 [Why?] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-08 10:04:59
TWStats says: 10/07/2010 Via Dolorosa Tribe 7 +42,654 +8 +18,869 (15,676) +16,004 =2,865
Even better, 2 player villages this time (and two barbs, which I have not included as they aren't relevant to this), and no rise in ODA! You must be hating all this turtling going on by you!

Overnobled (501|422) K45 6,391 Via Dolorosa [Tribe] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-16 14:58:33
Overnobled (501|422) K45 6,391 DOMEKMAG Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-16 14:57:54
Nose (481|447) K44 4,386 C4RL5 [NI!] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-15 19:09:50
Mine (473|448) K44 6,467 C4RL5 [NI!] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-15 17:33:59
Livid (478|448) K44 5,307 C4RL5 [NI!] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-14 12:51:32
Kindergarten (480|446) K44 4,189 C4RL5 [NI!] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-13 11:20:10
Joe (503|431) K45 5,669 yhnyhnyhn [BRATS] Via Dolorosa [Tribe] 2010-07-11 10:05:52
TWStats says:17/07/2010 Via Dolorosa Tribe 2 +96,845 +15 (16,004) +45,519 +40,006 +5,513
Well, well. Six player villages, and an overnoble... and only a 29,500 rise in ODA, and all of the villages in question a fairly big size - two over 6k.
You're probably thinking 'and what has this got to do with anything?' The point of this is to illustrate that you are in no position to criticise people who are complaining about turtles. Your largest ODA rise is 17,000 which came from nobling the village 'Kindergarten'. That sounds like a lot when you look at your other rises, but frankly, it is a tiny amount. Especially considering said player had four villages to start with! We were not all graced with your area which appears to so utterly incapable of making any form of defense at all, so for you to have a stab at those who are getting most of yout total ODA everytime they clear a player, for comlaining about turtling, is absurd. You've been lucky in that you have people willing to attack you (over 15,000 ODD will back this up), whereas most of us are yet to have any real incomings at all to date, because players around us would rather noble a barbarian village with lots of points and make more swords/archers in it. SimCity springs to mind.

DeletedUser1508

Actually AT, you have a point I would like to make, an example, which is myself. I was recruited (after application and a favor from a friend ) at around 500 points ( can't remember the exact number). I think I was the bottom member there, and Monty was just about to get to 5k. I WAS at the bottom. Now I am ranked 60, not great. I nobled 1 internal, 1 ex-sWARm and 1 active player who later on made a tribe called CCCP ( USSR ), and the rest were barbs. Your point about why? recruiting the top 40 is very much mislead - Why? players make the top 40, I will prove that by moving there myself this evening. So Red, I have all the respect for you as a player, but it was the player's decision to join Why? not us recruiting all of them

I am not saying that every top Why? player was recruited... nor that every recruited player was recruited solely based on points. Also, even if Monty didn't headhunt those players, he still accepted them when they applied...

DeletedUser7217

I am not saying that every top Why? player was recruited... nor that every recruited player was recruited solely based on points. Also, even if Monty didn't headhunt those players, he still accepted them when they applied...

Yeah why shouldn't have he done?

DeletedUser

You realise how utterly daft that sounds, I assume?

DeletedUser

I would like to congratulate you on making a thread which surely took alot of effort/thinking. One problem I have is the fact that everyone is having a go at Why? You say we are arrogant and biased? Well look at ZD "Mass recruited", yet when they make arguments against the claim is that not arrogance? but well done you’ve surely got the attention you've being looking for. Why do I assume this? I wonder? Its maybe because we are the best tribe in the game and everyone is just waiting for that loophole to flame us I also find your thread slightly pathetic quoting a member of Why? Then generalizing too the whole of 'Why?'. This thread just gave its self an unthinkable dimension. Why? Is not an elite tribe and doesn’t have insanely skillful members that the media of World 5 Forums/In Game make it seem, but please do notice that not many of our members have been boasting about the success we have had, its just the public hyping Why? and tbh we should be boasting because we have atleast have become successful, we dont just do the talking on the forums but the dominating within the game & surely I of all point whores within 'Why?' doesn’t agree with you there, also when I applied I did not get accepted as soon as i requested to join but I had been told that my growth would be monitored & when players ask to join don't they get an invite if they are worthy of becoming Why? members, and Red you say we are not elite, we will no longer hold the top spot, sounds like you love to back up ZD,Ewar, T4H so who will you join? because i don't see you playing solo for too long. Finally you say we are top due to our 'recruitment policy' I believe that is a pointless argument/flame, you should have atleast taken into consideration that how well our leaders/recruiters have done, unlike ZD splashed out invites all over the world, its funny ZD even recruited a player near me after I realized by looking at my map so I cleared him and now his my farm so he restarted and left ZD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reduaram, with all due respect. You're making out that Why? are the best because they recruit the better players. Would you prefer us to noble small 900 point players instead?

Okay so now we have the highest point players, at this stage they are the better/best players in this world. The way you make out is that the recruit/invite section should be taken out after the first week. Play SpeedWorlds much?

Other than that good PnP.

DeletedUser

Good PnP but in all honestly yes we are not invincible but we are rank 1 in everything and by quite a distance as well so you have to understand why some of why? players may seem so up themselves because at the moment we are the best tribe on this world like it or not. If you don't like it then do something about it. If you do then carry on liking it :)

Reduaram although you may have liked us to rim the swarm players when you defeat an enemy it helps to take some of their better and more active players to keep up the activity and also it allows us to focus on other enemies whereas if we did rim them we would not only be wasting our resources but We would really only have their villages which would be empty and a lot of our villages will be weaker because we will have lost troops in gaining the new villages. What I'm trying to say is that it was beneficial for us to take them in, worst case scenario they don't work out but more than likely they will remain active and bring a lot of positive effects to the tribe. I know it tends to be more of a mid-late game tactic once joining the world is closed but at the moment it doesn't appear we are going to get many new active members joining. I'm not trying to make you like what we did but I'm trying to make you understand that it was beneficial and had its advantages.

DeletedUser

Skype said:
[7/18/2010 11:13:30 PM] ***: many in why guitting now
[7/18/2010 11:13:31 PM] Joe: (think)
[7/18/2010 11:13:49 PM] ***: cos boring here now
[7/18/2010 11:14:28 PM] ***: they take too many form swarm
[7/18/2010 11:14:33 PM] ***: no one to fight now

Meh not like sWARm players would have been a good fight anyways split up and no leadership, but yah Why? are no elitest but they are by far the best tribe on this world, period.

DeletedUser

Quote:Originally Posted by Skype
[7/18/2010 11:13:30 PM] ***: many in why guitting now
[7/18/2010 11:13:31 PM] Joe: (think)
[7/18/2010 11:13:49 PM] ***: cos boring here now
[7/18/2010 11:14:28 PM] ***: they take too many form swarm
[7/18/2010 11:14:33 PM] ***: no one to fight now

Meh not like sWARm players would have been a good fight anyways split up and no leadership, but yah Why? are no elitest but they are by far the best tribe on this world, period.

Quote in skype is mine conversation with Joe.

I would say that why? is mixed up, some really top notch players, very good players, average, and some who are willing to learn.
As long as most of why? top members not gonna lose desire to really play this W, then no one on this world will come even close to why?.

DeletedUser1508

Aha, I see that n00bek replied... I acually missed it at first since he posted while I was writing my post.
I would like to comment on your n00bek section:

First of all, I'd like to highlight that two of those six greys were a player who, after I cleared and took his main, deleted. So your stat is techinically correct, though in reality it is more like 5:4 players:barbs. And not all of us grab as many 30HQ barbs as we can, Redauram; I actually noble a village based on things that are important: barracks, stables, smithy... you know the ones. And as for being sub-4k, I started a week late, and hence my barbs are behind your barbs. Trying getting all the facts before making assumptions I am a hypocrite or such.
I don't aim for villages with high HQ...
So, you waited 5 or so days for the villages to go barb before you nobled them... Why? You lose two new farms, and lower your morale for any following conquers. I don't really think you have much of an excuse here. You nobled 6 barbs. End of story.
I'd like to ask whether you have actually had a look in my area? With the exception of Avaz to the north and Gwennie the Welsh to the southwest, there is nobody. I assume he is the player against whom your morale doesn't suck? As for Avaz, that would be suicide. There are upwards of 20 Avaz villages within a 4 hour range of support. Any attempt to noble these would be futile. If you disagree then I'd love to know how/why.
Yes, I had a look at your area. And here you go and show why I decided to pick your thread apart... You claimed to have won the world, that nobody can touch you, etc etc, yet you are nobling barbs because you are afraid to attack Avaz and Gwennie. It is NOT morale that is the problem (as you claimed), but rather it is your fear or inability to attack the larger players near you.

Unfortunately we arent all graced with the almost-empty 6k villages you noble. Hold on... almost empty?

You're probably thinking 'and what has this got to do with anything?' The point of this is to illustrate that you are in no position to criticise people who are complaining about turtles. Your largest ODA rise is 17,000 which came from nobling the village 'Kindergarten'. That sounds like a lot when you look at your other rises, but frankly, it is a tiny amount. Especially considering said player had four villages to start with! We were not all graced with your area which appears to so utterly incapable of making any form of defense at all, so for you to have a stab at those who are getting most of yout total ODA everytime they clear a player, for comlaining about turtling, is absurd. You've been lucky in that you have people willing to attack you (over 15,000 ODD will back this up), whereas most of us are yet to have any real incomings at all to date, because players around us would rather noble a barbarian village with lots of points and make more swords/archers in it. SimCity springs to mind.
Yes, I am thinking 'what does this have to do with anything'. What is wrong with me planning well, choosing my targets well and using my skills in order to noble villages with low losses? You think will affect the credibilty of my comments about you? This thread isnt about me, it is about you and how your complaints are based on shaky ground. And if you actually want to take the focus off yourself and put it on me, I suggest you find something substantial to complain about me.

DeletedUser

Aha, I see that n00bek replied... I acually missed it at first since he posted while I was writing my post.

I don't aim for villages with high HQ...
So, you waited 5 or so days for the villages to go barb before you nobled them... Why? You lose two new farms, and lower your morale for any following conquers. I don't really think you have much of an excuse here. You nobled 6 barbs. End of story.
I'm sorry but the barbs you nobles almost certainly had HQ's in the high twenties, to be at about 6k+. And as for the player deleting: although he had deleted, he still had enough troops in his two villages to cause me problems. I lost far too much on his main, though I'll admit that was due to poor play on my behalf. Why wouldn't I have waited while my offense rebuilt?

Yes, I had a look at your area. And here you go and show why I decided to pick your thread apart... You claimed to have won the world, that nobody can touch you, etc etc, yet you are nobling barbs because you are afraid to attack Avaz and Gwennie. It is NOT morale that is the problem (as you claimed), but rather it is your fear or inability to attack the larger players near you.
No, its just a bit of common sense. Realising attacking what would likely end up as 20 villages worth of defense is just a suicide mission is not having an inability to attack players. Only an idiot would attack that alone.

Yes, I am thinking 'what does this have to do with anything'. What is wrong with me planning well, choosing my targets well and using my skills in order to noble villages with low losses? You think will affect the credibilty of my comments about you? This thread isnt about me, it is about you and how your complaints are based on shaky ground. And if you actually want to take the focus off yourself and put it on me, I suggest you find something substantial to complain about me.
Planning well? No you see you actually havent killed very much at all. And for you to noble so many players with so few kills either means they dodged your nobles (again, that would be very fortunate), or... well I cant actually think of another way. All complete pointwhores? I don't know. But considering almost everyone in Why? has come up against nothing but turtles, it is highly suspicious.

Answers in bold.

DeletedUser

Why? isn't invincible.
Why? isn't untouchable.
Why? isn't 'elite'.

Why? is the best tribe on this world. There is no contest.
Why? may not see out the end of this world, what Why? will do is have a blast while we're here. People quit, people get nobled :)icon_redface:) and people get bored.

However, I've yet to see a tribe give us a real run for our money (by this I mean get together a group who can). When the real attacks on us start, maybe we'll spring to life, or maybe we'll outright fail and fall flat on our faces, I mean there's nothing more fun than a clusterfudge of incomings and a late night with a can of Redbull/Relentless.

Give us a bone to chase, and we'll chase it. At the moment, we're top of the pile and aren't going anywhere.. yet.

DeletedUser

Why? isn't invincible.
Why? isn't untouchable.
Why? isn't 'elite'.

Why? is the best tribe on this world. There is no contest.
Why? may not see out the end of this world, what Why? will do is have a blast while we're here. People quit, people get nobled :)icon_redface:) and people get bored.

However, I've yet to see a tribe give us a real run for our money (by this I mean get together a group who can). When the real attacks on us start, maybe we'll spring to life, or maybe we'll outright fail and fall flat on our faces, I mean there's nothing more fun than a clusterfudge of incomings and a late night with a can of Redbull/Relentless.

Give us a bone to chase, and we'll chase it. At the moment, we're top of the pile and aren't going anywhere.. yet.

Hear! Hear!

T&C has spoken!

Tnxkbai.

DeletedUser4389

All the Why? bashing really is rather tedious and boring.

Certain players who consider themselves "elite" seem to think their opinion matters more than most and the world would be shocked with revelations, which quite frankly are just boring.

Everyone wants a bit of Why? and I am sure they will all have their pound of flesh come redemption time, and I am sure certain of these "elite" players will come pecking like carrion when Why? are being attacked on all fronts, only to claim they were the proverbial straw that broke the back of Why?. Running to the externals to prove how "elite" they actually are.....

Facts and figures aside, Why? are the greatest tribe on this server and it will take a monumental effort to move us from that spot, I am sure it will come but it wont be as easy as the "elites" are hoping......

Shiv

DeletedUser

Why? have formed a coalition with Hmmm? and maybe BP. So from now it is the coalition vs the coalition

DeletedUser

Why? have formed a coalition with Hmmm? and maybe BP. So from now it is the coalition vs the coalition

Lulz!

A coalition :/

Against what? and B.P :icon_confused: man u need to get your facts right lol

A coalition is where a group come together for one reason.

The coalitions reason is Why?

What reason would Why? have to make a coalition :/

Ooooooooo I see.......Why? decided to have an alliance with 1 tribe and you think its a coalition hahahaha

I cant actuay work out what this thread is supposed to be.......its tite is revealed? What are you revealing exacty?