[ROME]

DeletedUser

Right so once i got on to this world i started looking around at the tribes and looking for who is a threat, who is good etc... I saw a tribe called [ROME] they are high in the rankings and based in the same k as rumble. I already had reservations about their skill level due to the fact it was another spartan based tribe. But then today i saw this, which destroyed any respect i had for them

From ROME's profile said:
We are full so do not bother approaching [ROME] for an invite. Instead you can contact our brothers and sisters in ROME A.
With our family in Order we will rise to the top of the world.

Honestly when will these tribes learn *facepalm*

DeletedUser

Right so once i got on to this world i started looking around at the tribes and looking for who is a threat, who is good etc... I saw a tribe called [ROME] they are high in the rankings and based in the same k as rumble. I already had reservations about their skill level due to the fact it was another spartan based tribe. But then today i saw this, which destroyed any respect i had for them

Honestly when will these tribes learn *facepalm*

There have been alot of family tribes in .net history that have been great. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

I also know ALOT are poor horrible

DeletedUser

Name one family tribe in .net history that was great? I know of none and i have played actively since w5.

DeletedUser

Aten w2
(_T_) w11 (well they failed eventually because of a hacker, but that is beside the point)
I could name otehrs, but Don't want to go crazy on twstats.

DeletedUser

Ok ill admit aten were rather good, but there is always an exception to the rule and do you honestly think these guys are of the calibre of aten?

DeletedUser

I remember a little tribe in w34, Dow, this horrid n00b family that was mocked and mocked, then one day the number one tribe in the world that shared a K with them declared war on them, 3 weeks later dow was still around and kicking and that number one tribe was disbanded and 4 of their top 10 players in the world were rimmed.

Aten w11 sucked. Except for Aten HR which became HR because aten sucked :p

DeletedUser

The HIRE family on w6 were reasonable for a while, but they split and got destroyed anyway. Also on w6 you had BDR which survived, but were never any good. But anyway im not trying to say [ROME] will fail, it is just that i know any decent leader and decent tribe would never have a family, its just not needed and 99% of the time ends in tears.

DeletedUser

I remember a little tribe in w34, Dow, this horrid n00b family that was mocked and mocked, then one day the number one tribe in the world that shared a K with them declared war on them, 3 weeks later dow was still around and kicking and that number one tribe was disbanded and 4 of their top 10 players in the world were rimmed.

Aten w11 sucked. Except for Aten HR which became HR because aten sucked :p
I said aten w2...I agree, the w11 remake failed

DeletedUser

I said aten w2...I agree, the w11 remake failed

World 2 is a different story, even world 11 is a different story skill levels back then were so low compared to now. People like ender were considered good.

DeletedUser

World 2 is a different story, even world 11 is a different story skill levels back then were so low compared to now. People like ender were considered good.

Then why do people still think family tribes are a good idea? :|

DeletedUser

Good point, but i still havent seen an example of a "good family tribe" which is what leaves me wondering. Yes it is theoretically possible, but in reality never seems to work.

DeletedUser

Good point, but i still havent seen an example of a "good family tribe" which is what leaves me wondering. Yes it is theoretically possible, but in reality never seems to work.

Dow world 34

DeletedUser

Then why do people still think family tribes are a good idea? :|

Because people believe in quantity not quality , when I first joined this seemed like a logical conclusion to come too.
Strength in numbers. Although I have since come to believe this isn't the best approach.
[ROME] are close to us so I suppose I will find out. :icon_eek:

<3

DeletedUser

maybe the best of the best should work together to create a family tribe that can hold the top spots in points and in OD. just to see if families fail, or if its because the leaders arent good enough.

DeletedUser

W8 BLOC was probably one of the most "elite" families that dominated a world.

:icon_biggrin: tiptoes away silently

DeletedUser

maybe the best of the best should work together to create a family tribe that can hold the top spots in points and in OD. just to see if families fail, or if its because the leaders arent good enough.

Well it seems , from all the worlds I have played so far, the best of the best don't need to make a family tribe to hold the top spot.

<3

DeletedUser

Dow world 34

I have no idea of them so i cannot comment on that one, i shall have to take your word for it. But 1 exception does not beat the rule, eh?

@Mefrangue that seems like the only real way to settle the debate tbh.

DeletedUser

The way I see it, is if the good or ''elite'' as some call players form a tribe that would get past the limit they would in no way need a family/brother/sister w.e tribe. They would be more concerned about finding challenging enemies to keep them interested.

DeletedUser

I have no idea of them so i cannot comment on that one, i shall have to take your word for it. But 1 exception does not beat the rule, eh?

Idk thats just one that I have seen, jakub?