[ROME]

DeletedUser

So in other words you did awful in that world and blamed the world. Not yourself.

That world had some of the biggestest wars in Tw history. And on the front line for some I can assure you that the players were not weak.

No w10 > w2

and didnt do good? I was top 5 :lol: then gave up my account since it was so dull and boring.

W2 was good when FTR was around once FTR went inactive the world turned to crap.

Just because you're just a noob who can't play earlier game at all and has to wait till around a couple million to actually be ok I feel bad for you.

Seriously getting to 2 million doesn't take any skill > < as long as the noob understands basics he can get there.

W2 doesn't have the best wars.

Easily w6 or w10 do.

W2 taking 100 villages in a month at the time of war is good

w10 considers that crap.
w10 taking 200 villages in a day is good.

DeletedUser

I'm sick of fighting on these forums.

Jesus. I never seen you top 5 ever? FTR were good. But alot of other great tribes were around after em. Comparing worlds is never really gonna work so why bother. Let's agree to disagree. Nothing more nothing less?

DeletedUser1511

Jesus. I never seen you top 5 ever? FTR were good. But alot of other great tribes were around after em. Comparing worlds is never really gonna work so why bother. Let's agree to disagree. Nothing more nothing less?

World 2. co .uk we are rank 1 and have been top 3 pretty much since the world started.

World 3 we were rank 5 ish until Russki took back his main :icon_redface:
He is Violence on this world. I co play him. I am willing to bet he is a much better player than you :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Not really even TW failed. I was in ESL for a bit sitting a friend their attacks were horrible I sniped and recaped 90% of teh villages they took.

Anyways W2 is a disgrace and shall always be.

Anyways back on topic Rome have plans against Rumble wonder how they will pan out.

DeletedUser

world 2
ATEN
TW
HOT
all 3 were good although now HOT kind of sucks and fell apart

w3
CULT was good
FF was good

w5
VVV

i could go on to name more bu im to lazy and dont feel like it

DeletedUser

Up until like W10, possibly later, isn't it the family tribes that have lasted?

Fair enough, maybe the 30 branches they had are now cut down to 1 or 2 but still, they were a family tribe.
I played a couple of those worlds but W3.net is the only one I've fully kept up with, and the tribes there (FF, OT, Cult, D*) are or have been family tribes - ROA recently joined up with Cult and ELITE is formed of players that were once in a family tribe.

To bring up another point though, just because there are players in these worlds with 5M points and top 100 for the last months always increasing in points and OD, does not mean they are great players. In W3.net where I still play, I still mixed attacks from these players, 30 second noble trains and very poor village builds.

DeletedUser

To bring up another point though, just because there are players in these worlds with 5M points and top 100 for the last months always increasing in points and OD, does not mean they are great players. In W3.net where I still play, I still mixed attacks from these players, 30 second noble trains and very poor village builds.

I would have thought by that point in the game players like that would have ceased to exist, apparently not...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well, umm, if anyone had ANY doubts about [ROME]'s skill level, let them end here.

Just rimmed the player their profile lists as the player to contact if you have questions, he was 2,650 points with the following village build:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 10)
Stable (Level 9)
Workshop (Level 9) (Err, that should be level 2....)
Smithy (Level 19)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 24)
Clay pit (Level 24)
Iron mine (Level 21)
Farm (Level 18) (18, say what? I had that three weeks ago.)
Warehouse (Level 20)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 17)

That looks bad, but that's just the icing. His troops were as follows:

462 spears
199 swordsman
129 axemen
417 scouts
94 light cavalry
5 rams
22 catapults

This is the player that was organizing their attacks on us, yet, from what I can see he clearly doesn't even know hot to play :/

DeletedUser

I have a question I should mail him in game.

Where were your troops, sir?!

His pits, workshop and Wall are the only buildings he has had higher than mine.
Though with those pitiful troops, that wall wasn't doing much good anyway. The rest I'm not bothered about.

This guy was roughly the same points as me beforehand, by the way.
Looking at his farm level makes me feel slightly less disappointed about my own.

DeletedUser

Well, umm, if anyone had ANY doubts about [ROME]'s skill level, let them end here.

Just rimmed the player their profile lists as the player to contact if you have questions, he was 2,650 points with the following village build:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 10)
Stable (Level 9)
Workshop (Level 9) (Err, that should be level 2....)
Smithy (Level 19)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 24)
Clay pit (Level 24)
Iron mine (Level 21)
Farm (Level 18) (18, say what? I had that three weeks ago.)
Warehouse (Level 20)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 17)

That looks bad, but that's just the icing. His troops were as follows:

462 spears
199 swordsman
129 axemen
417 scouts
94 light cavalry
5 rams
22 catapults

This is the player that was organizing their attacks on us, yet, from what I can see he clearly doesn't even know hot to play :/

why would you waste your time with the Hiding place

Deleted User - 695343

why would you waste your time with the Hiding place

I used to be of the same opinion. Had hiding place zero in all my vills. Had an op on me at around 1.2million points. Noob tribe, but several thousand incoming. They nuked the crap out of me. When all your villages have been nuked and there's no hiding place, you cannot rebuild walls or damaged villages until the village produces the resources to do so. Not a big deal if just one or two villages are hit - you simply move resources - but when most of your villages are hit with nobles following, you cannot afford that delay in getting walls up.

Hiding place will - from now on out - always be maxed for me. Lesson learned. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser2913

I used to be of the same opinion. Had hiding place zero in all my vills. Had an op on me at around 1.2million points. Noob tribe, but several thousand incoming. They nuked the crap out of me. When all your villages have been nuked and there's no hiding place, you cannot rebuild walls or damaged villages until the village produces the resources to do so. Not a big deal if just one or two villages are hit - you simply move resources - but when most of your villages are hit with nobles following, you cannot afford that delay in getting walls up.

Hiding place will - from now on out - always be maxed for me. Lesson learned. :icon_redface:

not too mention if you need to rebuild your rally point :icon_wink:

DeletedUser2913

You are not too much to worry about for a while yet. you will become so, but i cant see you going out of your way or indeed your continent too far to attack a n00by tribe ;)

BUMP

:lol: where is agrestic? I miss him :(

DeletedUser

Call me a newb or whatever, but why is there so much hatred for 'family tribes' as you so call them. They are more like 'alliance tribes' in my opinion. But the names do not matter it's the definition I am worried about. My first world has been W3 and reading the mocking going on about awsom 'family tribe' was a geat laugh. If aswom had 'great leadership' , as i think his name was Kieran said they had, they would have structured a plan to defeat the smaller tribes around their area then wage war on the bigger tribes. And I mean by points not by members. On this game, it's how much you play (activity) plus how much you organise (structure) equaling knowledge and tribal success. So, as this 'ROME' is now a 'family tribe' it shoudln't change the outcome of their goal in their K. If they are small tribe they still go for a small tribe in their K, for growth and/or farming purposes. Then their 'ROMEA' can do the same. Each having their own K to farm. When their members get to 'nobling' standards they should start to 'noble' and rim players of higher quality in such tribes as rumble or solo for instance. Thus, they wll become 'the best family tribe' as one user has pointed out with this 'aten' tribe in w2, i think it was. It's divide and conquer guys, you should know this. Simple world domination/empire rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Call me a newb or whatever, but why is there so much hatred for 'family tribes' as you so call them. They are more like 'alliance tribes' in my opinion. But the names do not matter it's the definition I am worried about. My first world has been W3 and reading the mocking going on about awsom 'family tribe' was a geat laugh. If aswom had 'great leadership' , as i think his name was Kieran said they had, they would have structured a plan to defeat the smaller tribes around their area then wage war on the bigger tribes. And I mean by points not by members. On this game, it's how much you play (activity) plus how much you organise (structure) equaling knowledge and tribal success. So, as this 'ROME' is now a 'family tribe' it shoudln't change the outcome of their goal in their K. If they are small tribe they still go for a small tribe in their K, for growth and/or farming purposes. Then their 'ROMEA' can do the same. Each having their own K to farm. When their members get to 'nobling' standards they should start to 'noble' and rim players of higher quality in such tribes as rumble or solo for instance. Thus, they wll become 'the best family tribe' as one user has pointed out with this 'aten' tribe in w2, i think it was. It's divide and conquer guys, you should know this. Simple world domination/empire rules.

speaking up for rome? they're an okay tribe? dream on =.=

DeletedUser

HR:

The mockery of family tribes is a generalisation (or series of Alliances that are supposedly connected to a main tribe) stemming from poor co-ordination, inactivity, mass of players lacking the ability to effectively play, wavering loyalty and ultimately.. disjointed leadership within each 'separate' tribe and as a collective 'family'. This stigma has been created essentially by atrocious Duke's (Essentially any twit who has the ability to insert a word as a tribe name, then press the invite button on tribe less players.. and place a sticky thread somewhere declaring himself as the mighty ruler) who follow the philosophy, 'safer in numbers'.

You won't be able to understand the complexities/shear amount of social variables that exist within this game until you have had lengthy periods on at least a few worlds. While you can grasp the basic game mechanics of tribal-wars through guides, you simply cannot comprehend the limitless extraneous social variables. The level of understanding and logic to conclude well founded knowledgeable insights into tribal activities within this game require direct active lengthy experience in my honest opinion.

Obviously you can always break the scenario down to the bare-minimum, reductionist ethos but you'll only touch the surface. Regardless, most worlds after several months typically emerge with only a handful of robust tribes via appearance. Appearance in it's self is a tricky concept, you have several indicators available to an outside eye; rank, member-count, OD(A), enemy nobling statistics, individual player growth charts, positioning charts etc.. Each indicator can be interrupted slightly differently, no indicator is particularly final.. an overall view has to be achieved using logic - and even then you cannot determine the current internal relations.

Generalising to an ideal format; the tribes that are usually seen/have the reputation of being formidable are the tribes with high ODA (Indicating offensive orientation, ability to take villages, intensify farming thus creating resource wealth for more/faster troop production, greater amount of nobles (trains), a sustained member count of core members, nobling stats displaying the ability of players to work together to remove (rim) enemy, activity/growth throughout each member.. To sustain these sort of top ideals, the leadership has to be active/vigorous with their approach - inviting positive potential members, removing dead weight, ensuring all members are playing to the best strategy possible and showing teamwork. Rules are vigorously enforced. If players do not meet these demands (providing team-work) then they will be actively removed and internally nobled.. at the same time the leadership has to listen to it's members and the general consensus in difficult situations, while retaining good communications/relations with the majority of the tribe (As well as disputes being sorted out positively otherwise internal faultlines can appear between members). This final point is the most disastrous and precarious to achieve; I've seen many a fine tribe dissemble it's self before my eyes as a drama occurs > A leader reacts particularly heavily (kicks player from tribe), and suddenly a protesting uproar is created by that player's tribe friends resulting in a revolution, as half the tribe follow (leave, join friend) the person they feel injustice has occurred too.. leaving a massively fractured tribe, further spiral of depression happens with players now opting to join tribes that are close by and seen as far more 'powerful' and so on.

The above is a very simplistic, but general idealised view of the traits that 'top tribes' process.. and that is for just one tribe. When you consider that usually only a few of these tribes typically evolve themselves on each server world (Require highly active skilled communicative intelligent leader/council with a strong support base), you can now begin to imagine how difficult it would be to have a line of tribes all aligned to a particular group that are of all of the same 'elite' standard.. and consider each other as equals. Consider a 'family' tribe - each tribe has a different leader who believes he is in a privileged position, each tribe believes he has the support of fellow member tribes when facing enemies but then factor in each 'family' tribe has their own K - meaning the likelihood is that each tribe within the group constantly has an enemy they are facing, eliminating the 'bonus' of potential troops to be sent as support.. Which is another issue altogether, due to the fact that the tribes are in fact separate/quite a distance away - players are usually very reluctant to help out other individuals who they do not know/are a long duration away. How does that effect the relationship between the family? Disgruntled is the usual end, that also reflects upon the members of the tribe wondering why their 'Mighty large family' are unable to help them > This leads to players feeling let down > Tempted to spy to prevent being nobled by their enemy.. and this leads to a massive array of problems. If you are unable to effectively carry out plans on enemy members then the tribe becomes disheartened further, players start swapping sides/deleting accounts/inactivity increases. That's without mentioning that players sandwiched between families with no expansion room tend to go inactive/quit for more exciting pastures.

Tribe's are only truly tested when they face a foe, that is tribe(s) vs tribe(s). Without opposition, a bunch of mediocre players with poor leadership can easily sit in the top 10 and look fairly impressive. The ability of members to cope under a sustained amount of pressure for a lengthy duration is a massive factor, as well as create successful co-ordinated attacks back. Tribe warfare doesn't occur on a player v player level since potentially the chances are that you will have several good/bad players on a front line - each side will successful swap villages.. with no real difference being achieved. In warfare, players are removed at once by a collective team eliminating the player instantly (Everything lands within a few hours)/preventing him from having every village covered and this is exactly where leadership has to be of sterling quality (both offensive and defensive) otherwise the tribe taking the beating will more or less disperse at a fairly fast rate as players start to evaluate what tribe they could move too before having their game (spent hours, days, weeks, months playing) wiped.

The above is just a casual glance at a few potential issues/reasons. Family tribes are mocked because they are seen as hiding behind numbers with an array of members with terrible quality. A formidable 'family' tribe force is rare.. and that is why there is the stigma. It just isn't as simple as this tribe is x2 as big, therefore the tribe with half the members will be destroyed. Individual skill is invaluable, a highly talented player/fully active/willingness to not sleep.. can hold off a large party of attacking players endlessly without intervention by his/her own tribe.

DeletedUser5373

Name one family tribe in .net history that was great? I know of none and i have played actively since w5.

W18 - TWA family which then became APOC family are a very well organised family tribe that now dominates more than half the world

DeletedUser

I have heard that TR(rank 7) & TR.(rank 8) are very well organized on w1.co.uk, also they reject that they are family tribes. Tho` I ran through member list and I still see a lot of inactives, if they cut the deadwood they would almost have enough space to fit all the members in one tribe.
But family tribes usually fail, possibility of success is 1:100.