[ROME]

DeletedUser

Im trying to rthink if i have seen any that did anything good. But i dont think i have. I agree that most have n00by leadership and fail. But i think we need to look at the essential reason why you would have a family tribe.

You would have one so that you conquer another continent quicker, but is this not what alliances are for essentialy.

I also think that people do it for support/to attack people, but the key principle of tw is that it is real time based, so it never makes much difference due to the fact that if your family tribe is on the next continent they cannot get to you quick enough.

So if we accept that, then it leaves us with the fact that family tribes would never realy work, except everyone bangs on about the fact that they would if they were full of l33t players. But i do not believe this would be the case, yes, they would not fail. But they wouldn't do anything special they would not do if they were not in a family tribe, infact they would get bored and end up warring eachother, which is what would happen anyway if you had two tribes with players like that in, on one world.

This is just my opinion, criticize if you like, but i honestly cannot see a situation where a family tribe would be the best option, or anything better than a single tribe...

DeletedUser

Agrestic, you are repeating yourself. Look a few posts up where i mentioned BLOC. I think they did do undeniably good.

DeletedUser

I am repeating myself a little, i just wanted to get my ideas into one place with a decent order, so that the argument made more sense to most people.

yes i have heard that they did good, but i know little about what the actual circumstances were, care to elaborate? or tell me anything they did that a normal tribe wouldn't have been able to do?

DeletedUser

if one tribe leader could coordinate both of the tribes in war then they would do good if they were decent players. but families usually fail because they are impossibble to coordinate in times of war. Well thats what i think

DeletedUser

Guys i'm gonna put my neck out and say families dont fail.........the players that are in them do. If ever the "elites" made a family or academy tribe I bet noone would come on here and start slating them.

DeletedUser

Guys i'm gonna put my neck out and say families dont fail.........the players that are in them do. If ever the "elites" made a family or academy tribe I bet noone would come on here and start slating them.

The point is 'Elite' tribes don't NEED to make a family as they out play the families on most occasions anyhow.

<3

DeletedUser

Wasn't both TW and Robac family tribes at some point ?

ESL was a family tribe for a while. Hell I (and mind you I was in CA, just like I spent some time in BLOC) think both BLOC and CA were pretty much the equivalent of families. Just about every top tribe in W6 was a family, (STONED/Woot, SIN, RIM, OrD, etc).

I'll never agree with the ethics behind the creation of a family, but I've seen the best of them play better than almost all independent tribes you can think of.

DeletedUser

Wasn't both TW and Robac family tribes at some point ?

ESL was a family tribe for a while. Hell I (and mind you I was in CA, just like I spent some time in BLOC) think both BLOC and CA were pretty much the equivalent of families. Just about every top tribe in W6 was a family, (STONED/Woot, SIN, RIM, OrD, etc).

I'll never agree with the ethics behind the creation of a family, but I've seen the best of them play better than almost all independent tribes you can think of.

and alot of tribes make families towards the late game for bashers like juice in 23 has two family tribes that are bashes. This happens all the time. they only fail at the start. and towards the end a lot of then useless players are gone so families become a lot more common.

DeletedUser

Name one family tribe in .net history that was great? I know of none and i have played actively since w5.
PTT w7
XIG w2,Aten W2
JG W4
TW W1

i posted number of times that a true well organized family tribe is the best form of system.
i am not talking about noob families. but i have in a number of families,they are hard to coordinate but if it can be done they are the best.
families are good in the world with less member limit. and as now the forum sharing available it become more easy.
ypou may not like families but 10 good player is always better than 1 elite player

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2913

and alot of tribes make families towards the late game for bashers like juice in 23 has two family tribes that are bashes. This happens all the time. they only fail at the start. and towards the end a lot of then useless players are gone so families become a lot more common.

lol I was just about to mentioned juiced and the bashers from 23, they never started out as family but later on there bashers were accepted as family tribes and they have done very well.

also to the OP.

You have no right to speak badly about family tribes, or any tribe, or leader. At all:icon_confused:

Your tribe is so cramped togethor togethor its sickening. Your worse than a family tribe, your a mass recruit failed family tribe that couldnt get enough members:icon_rolleyes:

There are 17 of your members sharing four 15x15's

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by Agrestic
Name one family tribe in .net history that was great? I know of none and i have played actively since w5.
The three major tribes in W6's history that haven't been families at any point of time :

1) STACHE
2) CHE !!!
3) DEATH => FEAR

The rest have pretty much all been families.

DeletedUser1508

Firstly, if being sharing a continent as the rank 1 tribe isn't a good enough reason to make a family, then what is?

Secondly, does every 'new' family tribe need a thread of it's own? Making families is an age-old TW occurrence, and it's not going to change in a hurry. Accept it, or forever be frustrated.

DeletedUser

The three major tribes in W6's history that haven't been families at any point of time :

1) STACHE
2) CHE !!!
3) DEATH => FEAR

The rest have pretty much all been families.

yes, but if you remember when STONED/SIN became family they almost immediately failed, HIRE was a huge family at the start and now they only have 1 tribe left. i could go on, but meh.

@thewall, i know we are very cramped together, but that is the only way alot of these guys are going to survive. Rumble etc... may be able to have huge gaps between them, but it wouldnt work for my tribe. Btw wheres your tribe, that you lead?

DeletedUser2913

yes, but if you remember when STONED/SIN became family they almost immediately failed, HIRE was a huge family at the start and now they only have 1 tribe left. i could go on, but meh.

@thewall, i know we are very cramped together, but that is the only way alot of these guys are going to survive. Rumble etc... may be able to have huge gaps between them, but it wouldnt work for my tribe. Btw wheres your tribe, that you lead?

im not leading a tribe :icon_confused:

but I can say that I see many of your members on my minimap:icon_wink:

And strength in number? way to use the family tribe logic and way of playing in your own thread bashing family tribes.

:\

DeletedUser

lol. i got sucked into the family for a bit. but got booted for forgotting that i'm not allowed to have external sitters xD
their full family is huge btw. My whole map was half blue

note: pervis i added u on skype. mind confirming?

DeletedUser4735

The HIRE family on w6 were reasonable for a while, but they split and got destroyed anyway. Also on w6 you had BDR which survived, but were never any good. But anyway im not trying to say [ROME] will fail, it is just that i know any decent leader and decent tribe would never have a family, its just not needed and 99% of the time ends in tears.

I actually intend to disprove this at some point.
When i get a little more free time I intend on starting up a world and creating a family tribe that talks.
I'm curious to play with the balance between quality and quantity.
Theres got to be a workable medium, which I will obviously be trying to find.

DeletedUser

im not leading a tribe :icon_confused:

but I can say that I see many of your members on my minimap:icon_wink:

And strength in number? way to use the family tribe logic and way of playing in your own thread bashing family tribes.

:\

not strength in numbers, 40 members is a small amount for a tribe, strength in being close together.

you can see us on your mini map? your either parasite/fakesoundofprogress. OR you are not too much to worry about ;) if you were, you would reveal your alias.

DeletedUser

not strength in numbers, 40 members is a small amount for a tribe, strength in being close together.

you can see us on your mini map? your either parasite/fakesoundofprogress. OR you are not too much to worry about ;) if you were, you would reveal your alias.

lol.

DeletedUser

lol. i got sucked into the family for a bit. but got booted for forgotting that i'm not allowed to have external sitters xD
their full family is huge btw. My whole map was half blue

note: pervis i added u on skype. mind confirming?

Teehee sorry about that :icon_biggrin:

Pervis does not add many on skype gl :icon_razz: