Searching for ideas

DeletedUser

[th]In my personal point of view one of the major flaws in this game (which also is one of the most important reasons for new and players and those with low to mediocre time to play to quit) is
the attacker decides, when a defender has to be online.

I would like to hear some opinions from the community about it and whether they have ideas, how to prevent this. This may also include ideas, which would mean a major change in the game play. I'm not saying, that any of them would happen. Yet I'd like to know them nevertheless. ;-)[/th]

DeletedUser

Not really. There is always going to be someone in your tribe with experience and free time who could sit, if not your in the wrong tribe.

DeletedUser

Not really. There is always going to be someone in your tribe with experience and free time who could sit, if not your in the wrong tribe.

[th]That's exactly another problem: You're talking about experienced tribes. Probably you didn't notice yet: The player numbers are sinking. The tendency, that experienced players gather their sort in the (often same) tribes from world to world makes it almost impossible for new players to "get into the game". Only a vast minority of new players could get into such tribes.

So you basically voted for "Don't let new players have fun in this game, let the experienced players have their fun." Let me tell you, that won't work very much longer, because Tribal Wars isn't a welfare project. [/th]

DeletedUser360

For this second point of yours I'd like to direct you to a suggestion I made on .net which got successfully passed: It is called war world (suggestion 5) I also suggested tribe OD in that thread.. that became a big success. I'm kind of a one hit wonder since then :p

I then re-posted the suggestion in this thread here it got a bit of discussion. I could re-read the thread and come up with a summary of the suggestion with the variances too (things you can change) This has been done before on .net, I forget which world it was done on. But there was a problem with inactive players and eventually you were allowed to leave your tribe but just not make new ones.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've thought for quite some time that it would be both more realistic (If I lived in a town and an army was marching towards it, I'd know roughly the size of the army and its makeup long before it actually reached my village) and more enjoyable if all attacks were automatically renamed/tagged with what speed they were. This would remove the need for the defender to spend ridiculous amounts of time tagging attacks as well as make it less important for the defender to have been online when the attacks in question were sent.

For this second point of yours I'd like to direct you to a suggestion I made on .net which got successfully passed: It is called war world (suggestion 5) I also suggested tribe OD in that thread.. that became a big success. I'm kind of a one hit wonder since then :p

I then re-posted the suggestion in this thread here it got a bit of discussion. I could re-read the thread and come up with a summary of the suggestion with the variances too (things you can change) This has been done before on .net, I forget which world it was done on. But there was a problem with inactive players and eventually you were allowed to leave your tribe but just not make new ones.

I'm not really sure how you're saying suggestion 5 was "passed". W27 was not even remotely close to what you suggested, it had 20+ tribes, and when rimmed you did not change to being a member of the tribe that had rimmed you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

sleep mode? or something similar.

I like the idea of this. There should be some kind of setting that automatically sends troops out farming when your offline. Like a calender. Could be a Premium thing?

DeletedUser360

I'm not really sure how you're saying suggestion 5 was "passed". W27 was not even remotely close to what you suggested, it had 20+ tribes, and when rimmed you did not change to being a member of the tribe that had rimmed you.

It all sprung from that Idea. The actual Idea was being assigned a tribe where you could not leave. But then there were some ideas of this suggestion. The newer suggestion could be a very good one as it has been adapted for the UK server.

DeletedUser6603

Its got to be something that reduces the sheer amount of time this game takes up. Early days to keep up with the fastest starters, you have to be on farming pretty much 24/7 and we all know thats no fun. Newcomers are unlikely to know how important it is, and thus instantly have a disadvantage. Maybe some sort of premium village or farming management system that does some tasks automatically for you?

I love the idea of incoming attacks already being tagged at their speed, that would reduce the requirement somewhat to login a hundred times a day to check for incomings!

DeletedUser360

Or maybe, the incoming attack being tagged as the distance when it was originally sent. This way it still takes skill to work it out but less of the luck of being online at the right time.

DeletedUser6603

Yeah that works for me, it would certainly simplify things a little for new players....

DeletedUser

Actually I think the system makes up for this fact by making defense stronger than attack. Although it is unfair for the very new players, who don't have troops to defend themselves.

But as long as your villages are in a church radius, you log on a few times a day (morning and evening should be enough), and have a few defensive villas - then I can't see why you'd need to be on at the time an attack hit

DeletedUser

Each account gets to choose when it's "night bonus" takes effect? Needs work as an idea, but there may be something in that.

IThere should be some kind of setting that automatically sends troops out farming when your offline. Like a calender. Could be a Premium thing?

Automatically repeating attacks. You set the location and size of farming party, the attack is executed whenever troops are available. Or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser360

Each account gets to choose when it's "night bonus" takes effect? Needs work as an idea, but there may be something in that.

Very unfair on the attacker. Plans would be quite impossible to plan. A sleep mode of 6-8 hours a day maybe.

DeletedUser

1. How about a world that is only open for lets say 8hours a day, make the speed like 3 though and troop speed 1.5 this would give people who are unable to get on through the days/evening because of jobs a chance to play the world the same amount of time as everyone else. Im guessing this has never been done but is a bit similar to sleep mode.

2. No Co-playing, logically more people would join the world as they cant play someone else's account so they join on their own account.

3. Starting direction - yes it has been done on UK5 i felt it was a very good idea as it stops most of the best players joining together so they can make the best tribe, if people are more spread out the bigger players wil be able to teach players who are not as good as them how to play better then what they currently are.

DeletedUser

You could make the morale penalty much much tougher. 1:10 = 100%, 1:20=50%, 1:30=25%, 1:40=12%... 1:100<1%
Would both encourage big players to leave off the little guys, and would make tribes more diverse in terms of size.

DeletedUser360

1. How about a world that is only open for lets say 8hours a day, make the speed like 3 though and troop speed 1.5 this would give people who are unable to get on through the days/evening because of jobs a chance to play the world the same amount of time as everyone else. Im guessing this has never been done but is a bit similar to sleep mode.

2. No Co-playing, logically more people would join the world as they cant play someone else's account so they join on their own account.

3. Starting direction - yes it has been done on UK5 i felt it was a very good idea as it stops most of the best players joining together so they can make the best tribe, if people are more spread out the bigger players wil be able to teach players who are not as good as them how to play better then what they currently are.

First one I just suggested, It's called sleep mode or something like that. Every player has to put their account to sleep for at least, say, 8 hours a day. This time they cannot produce resources, troop, buildings.. queues are halted and nobody can attack you.

DeletedUser

much bigger starting villages later in the game.

- sorry, just realised my mind's been wandering and most of my suggestions have drifted from what tharogan was asking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser360

much bigger starting villages later in the game.

Harsh if you're on the cut off point were it goes from 116 points to 3k points.

You need to look at everyone having the same start but there being an option where noobs and big players can work closer. I think the only way is to force people into a tribe where the pro's teach the less experienced players.

I did it on world 24 of .net more than half the tribe had never played before and our 150 members (max limit) managed to get rank #1 in 3 continent and #2 in another 3 continents by the time I left. None of those players had experience but they had dedication and if I never took them players in many of them would have got beaten and quit the game all together.

DeletedUser

[th]That's exactly another problem: You're talking about experienced tribes. Probably you didn't notice yet: The player numbers are sinking. The tendency, that experienced players gather their sort in the (often same) tribes from world to world makes it almost impossible for new players to "get into the game". Only a vast minority of new players could get into such tribes.

So you basically voted for "Don't let new players have fun in this game, let the experienced players have their fun." Let me tell you, that won't work very much longer, because Tribal Wars isn't a welfare project. [/th]

I'm playing less than a year myself Thargoran, so hardly experienced. You learn from trying - joining a tribe, learning from there guides and moving on. You can read forum guides or learn from experienced players. Tribalwars is this sort of thing, survival of the fitest and learning by your mistakes. .Net has a larger player base and even it's losing players, but they'll pick up. The numbers go down as school and work begins - there'll be less players and less people joining.