Searching for ideas

DeletedUser

I see that.....but I just can't see why the defender would put himself at a dissadvantage of lossing his wall bonus, and potentially losing the battle.

Unless if the defender sends out his troops to meet the attackers, it also shows up on the attackers account and lowers the attackers tech levels?

[clt]Dont forget that the village itself wouldnt be attacked, so you would be sparing your smithy / academy or whatever they chose to target, not to mention wall.

One complication with this idea...

If the defender meets the attacker halfway, im assuming that the defender's troops (if victorious) would do a U turn and head back to the village... so what if the attacker sends multiple attacks.. one way around this for the attacker is to send a fake first with the main army straight after.. the defender comes out, beats the fake and turns round, heads home... the attackers main army is directly behind, and meets at the village... it offsets the idea. Unless, the defender keeps pressing forwards as long as attacks are incoming.[/clt]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[clt]Dont forget that the village itself wouldnt be attacked, so you would be sparing your smithy / academy or whatever they chose to target.

One complication with this idea...

If the defender meets the attacker halfway, im assuming that the defender's troops (if victorious) would do a U turn and head back to the village... so what if the attacker sends multiple attacks.. one way around this for the attacker is to send a fake first with the main army straight after.. the defender comes out, beats the fake and turns round, heads home... the attackers main army is directly behind, and meets at the village... it offsets the idea. So unless, the defender keeps pressing forwards as long as attacks are incoming.[/clt]

I get you know Pervi...

CLT I was thinking that same thing(but from the attackers point of view), more so for nobling though. What would happens then?

DeletedUser

I get you know Pervi...

CLT I was thinking that same thing(but from the attackers point of view), more so for nobling though. What would happens then?

[clt]Its a raw idea, the finer details need to be looked into, but i think its a very good concept and worthy of further thought.

(Not sure how many programming hours it would take up, but thats not my problem :lol:)[/clt]

DeletedUser

@ CLT : Yes, now more than ever, reading incomings correctly and not just tagging them becomes a vital issues. Fakes can be used to lure defense out of the village if the defender falls for it.

DeletedUser

aside from tagging the attacker does not decide when the defender must be on. And still only if the attacks are locally based much the defender be on constantly, you can tag over 1k attacks that you missed for 6 hours if you know what you're doing, the scenario is flawed.

DeletedUser

[th]I'd like to ask all participants to carry personal vendettas into private mails. In this discussion it's perfectly valid to show weak points in any ideas - without delivering the solution how to fix them directly with it. Sometimes one sees flaws without having a solution ready.

Keep this discussion free from personal banters, please.[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]In my personal point of view one of the major flaws in this game (which also is one of the most important reasons for new and players and those with low to mediocre time to play to quit) is
the attacker decides, when a defender has to be online.

I would like to hear some opinions from the community about it and whether they have ideas, how to prevent this. This may also include ideas, which would mean a major change in the game play. I'm not saying, that any of them would happen. Yet I'd like to know them nevertheless. ;-)[/th]

This is part of the game , Tribalwars is a game which truely need to be very active about it . That how people lost their troops and got their village being noble . when they login .

sleep mode? or something similar.

If sleep mode apply in all normal world , i am sure Tribalwars will bring down players from playing . If a player have a vication going oversea , and he click on the sleep mode and goes off . then we won't we be farming and noble-ing ? I am sure there is some more reason about not applying "sleeping mode" in normal world . If a player join and quit and click on sleeping mode and we will be losing one more farm . What's the point of playing it that happen :S don't you agree

TSO *

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This is part of the game , Tribalwars is a game which truely need to be very active about it . That how people lost their troops and got their village being noble . when they login .

Just because something is part of the game doesn't mean that something should be a part of the game.

DeletedUser

I believe that instead of a nightbonus the whole game should be frozen for certain parts of the day. I'd be happy even if there was a world where only 4 hours of the day it was actually running.

DeletedUser

Thar... There is a pretty simple answer to this, which is not an ideal solution but one which will work. Instead of Night bonus, disallow sending attacks for that time.

The major problem with attack breaks/night bonus as they are now, is the fact the defender has to be there when attacks are LAUNCHED, not when they LAND. Secondly, farming overnight is not something any new player can accomplish.

This issue should be addressed in a similar manner to the one of attack breaks on .net (clicky!) but the no-attack period should span over the whole night.

This will mean a coplayed vet account can not crush a beginner by launching at 3 am for the attacks to land at 7.01 am. At the same time, locking over-night farming will remove a bit of the edge experienced players have over beginners (an edge that comes from greater activity rather then greater skill).

EDIT: Muldy, I didn't even read your post o_O Gratz man, you are on the right track.

Secondly, you should expressly forbid creating multiple accounts at the start of the world (to get the best position) and track it down mercilessly banning whoever does it. If someone wants to they can wait 3 days and then start on the world again (or after those 3 days simply start coplaying with someone who did get a good location). This will remove the second "edge" vets have over new players.

Last edited by a moderator: