Start Up

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I don't understand when you start to build your wall?

There is no need to build your wall in the 'startup' phase. I will ay this once. If people are even trying to farm you during this stage you are doing something very, very wrong. I quite often noble my first village with a level 1 or no wall at all.

DeletedUser

There is a barb village in the field next to mine. So I am training a paladin. Do you think I can also try to attack other player's villages with one paladin? They have less point than I have (I have 91 and my neighbor are around 50). So I guess they have no defence yet. What do you think?

DeletedUser

There is no need to build your wall in the 'startup' phase. I will ay this once. If people are even trying to farm you during this stage you are doing something very, very wrong. I quite often noble my first village with a level 1 or no wall at all.
How do you get rid of your clay? I find myself constantly trying to get rid of it, in favour of Iron (Or wood, occasionally) at least until you start to get a decent farm.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
There is a barb village in the field next to mine. So I am training a paladin. Do you think I can also try to attack other player's villages with one paladin? They have less point than I have (I have 91 and my neighbor are around 50). So I guess they have no defence yet. What do you think?

You start at 26 points.

26+24 = 50. as such he 'may' have a paladin as statue is 24 points. This would mean he also has 0/0/0 mines though which rather unlikely, I think it's more likely he has 2/2/1 mines and no paladin or spears.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
How do you get rid of your clay? I find myself constantly trying to get rid of it, in favour of Iron (Or wood, occasionally) at least until you start to get a decent farm.

HQ rush gets rid of clay rather effectively.

DeletedUser

I've never found it gets rid of it quickly enough. And it uses so many of the other resources that I've never found it to be too effective.

Still, I'll pay more attention to it this time around :)

DeletedUser

In the guide, everything is based on " is there any near barb camp". But can you define what is "near"? 40 mn, 2 hours to reach?

DeletedUser

Well thats very stiupid then aint it :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Well thats very stiupid then aint it :icon_eek:
Walls are mostly useless early on. Much like defensive troops. Provided you're active enough and have the ability to dodge, you're safe until Catapults. If you're quicker than everyone in your area, you can get Nobles before they can get Catapults.

DeletedUser

Or get catapults before they do an cat their smithy. That always works.

DeletedUser

As a complete n00by to tribal wars this guide has been a great help, just wish i had read it 3 days ago before i built walls, buildings etc!!

Nauzhror

Reaction score
In the guide, everything is based on " is there any near barb camp". But can you define what is "near"? 40 mn, 2 hours to reach?

In 7x7 roughly, possibly 9x9. Depends on your activity. Near enough that you can beat most players to them.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've never found it gets rid of it quickly enough. And it uses so many of the other resources that I've never found it to be too effective.

Still, I'll pay more attention to it this time around :)

Usually HQ rush + heavy market trading allows me to keep the resources balanced enough. The secret to effective use of the market is to never underestimate the stupidity of the average player. You rarely see people offering wood or iron for clay on the market, yet it still seems if you put up an offer yourself someone usually accepts it up pretty quickly. The added bonus is, keep track of the people that do accept said offers, you now know who the pointwhores near you are.

DeletedUser

I've just open my account yesterday and I've strictly followed the startup guide so far. It works fine, but I am now facing a problem. There is 2 barbs near to me, by near I mean 18 and 25 mn for spears to reach. I farm them twice, and they are now empty. I cannot farm other players, because of the beginner protection. So I need to farm other barbs, wich are 1:15 hour to reach with spears. I am loking forward for the end of the beginner protection. Maybe I should build more wood and clay than recommanded in the guide. What do you think?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've just open my account yesterday and I've strictly followed the startup guide so far. It works fine, but I am now facing a problem. There is 2 barbs near to me, by near I mean 18 and 25 mn for spears to reach. I farm them twice, and they are now empty. I cannot farm other players, because of the beginner protection. So I need to farm other barbs, wich are 1:15 hour to reach with spears. I am loking forward for the end of the beginner protection. Maybe I should build more wood and clay than recommanded in the guide. What do you think?

One sec, will look at your location on the map to see who may be near you that is a known farmer.

EDIT: Dont see anyone near you I recognize unless Simz is Simz1987, which I doubt. I'd perhaps aim for 50 spears, and 3 axes, and send 3 axes with 25 spears, and paladin with the other 25 spears and farm both villages at the same time until BP drops. Also mine-wise going to 6/4/2 or possibly even 7/5/2 may help, but probably wouldn't go higher than that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Walls are mostly useless early on. Much like defensive troops. Provided you're active enough and have the ability to dodge, you're safe until Catapults. If you're quicker than everyone in your area, you can get Nobles before they can get Catapults.

you may not get lucky enough and get attacked.