Start Up

DeletedUser

Ok,so the ressources you offer in the market are stolen. But what about the buiding in queue? You can queue a building, and then cancel it after the attack. At least you get 90 of you ressouces back. Isn't it?

DeletedUser

Ok,so the ressources you offer in the market are stolen. But what about the buiding in queue? You can queue a building, and then cancel it after the attack. At least you get 90 of you ressouces back. Isn't it?
Yeah, you can do that. You can also do the same with troops.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

You get 100% back if it is buildings, the 10% loss only occurs with troops.

DeletedUser

I'm new to the game and felt the need to say thanks for the effort you put into writing this guide, it will help me greatly, so.......thanks :)

DeletedUser

It is funny that you dont use basic terms for a "beginners guide" like wtf is a barb? lol

Nauzhror

Reaction score
It is funny that you dont use basic terms for a "beginners guide" like wtf is a barb? lol

The guide wasn't entirely aimed at beginners. 90% of the players I know that call themselves "experienced" are horrible startup players.

DeletedUser

That's because most experienced played a long time on one world, and only started a up a handful of times, and often built up near the rim. I was one of those players, but i got bored of it and left it all behind. I was lucky to have a few mentors in a small tribe called Et Tu? on w36 :D that paired with my style of play works pretty well over here at .co.uk I'm mostly just surprised at how well what i learnt works.

DeletedUser

I could never find a guide for an early startup. Seems i found it. (Y)

DeletedUser

The guide wasn't entirely aimed at beginners. 90% of the players I know that call themselves "experienced" are horrible startup players.

im a testament to that:lol:

im a good player, it's just im very slow at the start of the race, but hey slow and steady wins the race:icon_cool:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
im a testament to that:lol:

im a good player, it's just im very slow at the start of the race, but hey slow and steady wins the race:icon_cool:

Only true issue with slow and steady is that a bad location is more detrimental to them than to a fast starter. ie. Startup might not matter too much most of the time, but when a top 10 late-world player starts next to a top ten starter who world hops and doesn't stick to most worlds very long it doesn't matter if the first player would have made top ten eventually if the second player rims him at one village even if the second player does quit shortly after doing so.

DeletedUser

I'm only used to strategies on late worlds, where I usually rise up really fast.
On beggining worlds I totally PHAIL
So I'll try to go for this strategy when W2 begins :T

DeletedUser

I'm very good after start up and not so good start up. Been working on it quite a lot though recently. Better than an average player on start-up and better than most late game.

DeletedUser1477

I used this guide - it's very helpful indeed. It got me to the stage where I received tribe invites. Highly recommend.:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

This is going to sound like a total noob question but what is a definition of a barb?

DeletedUser

A Barbarian/Abandoned Village. They aren't played by another player, the server builds random buildings at random times, there just gotta be enough farmspace.

They're green on your map.

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for that, iv just been farming local villages that are around an hour away from me its on 113 points so doesnt have any troop's, is that a good thing to do? What sort of number of troops should i try to aim for? I didnt read this guide till to late, iv been focused on getting my wall up some levels rather than building to many troops!