The Barb Munchers Strike Back

DeletedUser

How is building as many nukes as possible a horrible tactic, when to have any sort of chance on this world, you will needs loads of 'em?

Oh, sorry, did you assume I meant being defensive turtle? There's two ways to troop whore. :icon_rolleyes:

Troop whoring is horrible.
If you're not growing in points, urdoinitrong.

DeletedUser

Troop whoring is horrible.
If you're not growing in points, urdoinitrong.

You see, for one thing you've taken it out of context, and another POINT WHORE!!!

No, the point dear Jojo made, was that if all your nearby targets are below the 10:1, Feel free to noble barbs and Build troops, because it 6 months time, they will be big enough to attack, and you will need the troops.

Essentially, be patient, prepare and the war will be great.

DeletedUser

Much respect to you, and good luck for the impending berating by Why? (Be it verbal or attacks.) Nice to see that not all Why? members take the same stance.

On the whole settings bleat, everyone knew the settings before signing up. Surely the fact you have to waste so many troops taking out a player is part of the game? These are the settings, so this is how it has to be played. It doesn't make it noobish, if anything, it makes the game harder. A few months down the line, it will only be the truly dedicated and decent players who will be able to cope with this, as they will be the ones able to recoup their losses and carry on going! Noobish? Heck no. This world is only going to get more difficult, and actually, I fully expect it to be a world of coalitions, and probably huge tribes, as this will be the only way to take on the dominating tribes. That is how the settings need to be played! And I can't friggin' wait, this world will be exciting, it won't be stagnant and boring like some other worlds get. It will just take a while to warm up, the barbs will dry up eventually, so people will have to start attacking each other!

Yes, this is different to all the other worlds, and the settings have to played differently. It's like y'all amazing ice skaters, but then your asked to start playing a little ice hockey, but you can't cope with the excess padding!

And on that note, dominating only a short while after start up is nothing really to be proud of. Bearing in mind what I said above, it's those still here and winning in a few months time who can really proclaim that title.

I want to know what happened to the original plan for Why?, given that so many people are quitting.

I personally think 7K barbs opens up late-game strategy a lot. (I'd much rather play at 100 villages, rather than 1). The amount of times I've seen weak spots in a tribe, for example, an enemy cluster which I know is entirely empty on support, which I could take if I nobled a big barb in the middle and sent nobles to from there, but been stuck with only a 1K barb.. is.. irritating, to say the least.

Although I do understand the bleat on the 10:1 rule. That is a bit too much.

You see, for one thing you've taken it out of context, and another POINT WHORE!!!

No, the point dear Jojo made, was that if all your nearby targets are below the 10:1, Feel free to noble barbs and Build troops, because it 6 months time, they will be big enough to attack, and you will need the troops.

Essentially, be patient, prepare and the war will be great.

Six months of barb nobling = Boring. Sorry, don't see any way around that.

DeletedUser

Fair enough, but its not really 6 months of barb nobling. Its a bit of barb nobling and a bit of attacking, then a major fight.

DeletedUser

The major fight.. sounds like everything I like ;)

The only problem is the six months. I can't help but feel we should have known this would happen on .uk.

Given .nets memberbase, these settings would probably have that major fight right now :D

DeletedUser

Blik, you need to understand this is politics bud. Just because you're not claiming Why? to be a good tribe, doesn't mean no person is going to rebuke your statements.

Which is why I've rebuked everyone rebuking my statements and not sat back and let this become too one-sided.

DeletedUser7584

Selfe, chewy, D339 and Hungry-Hippo ran off scared,
Dude, I left Why? because of all the internal b/s on skype and in the forums. that was the only reason.
Why claims to be a dictatorship, yet there is no real direction from what I saw. The brief time in was why I realized real fast it was a boys club only. X amount of members worked with each other and the rest were either ignored, shunned via skype or posts where deleted. There were some players I did get along with, but the over all treatment of some of the other members is what put me off. (Next time get your information straight before posting rubbish about me)
Thanks Hippo...

DeletedUser

I'm not even in the skype chat.
Posted skype info for me and lastapp. I don't think either of us made it :icon_razz: