The British Empire

DeletedUser

What as in the British Empire now or how it was at the peak of its power?

DeletedUser

Both. What you think happened? was it good? did it help the world? etc.

DeletedUser282

They over stretched themselves and annoyed too many people. As soon as a few countries get independence everyone wants it. Everything fell apart from there.

DeletedUser

Considering how small we are as a nation it was pretty remarkable how much we managed to achieve. It depends which countries you look at whether we did good or bad. For example Kenya we managed to set up railways and it's now one of the more economically developed countries in Africa on the other hand India has terrible issues with water borne diseases because of mistakes we made because we didn't know how to manage the monsoons effectively. We built canals which sit with stagnant water carrying disease such as cholera

As for why it fell apart as Gargareth said as one nation gets independence other nations want it. Also if people don't think they're managing there nation well enough they'll revolt.

DeletedUser

We didn't have the army and we were in economic crisis. Our options were limited:

Option1: Fight, Lose, Be Hated, Keep a few colonies.
Option2: Give them back, remain sovereign in a lot of them, put our queen as there queen, peace, be liked (well kinda) and not be hated and have our military destroyed.

We are small in land but our political and military status are very influential. We are one of the biggest trade centers of the world (top 3 with Tokyo and NY), a major aid helper.

etc. etc. etc. /goodnight :)

DeletedUser

We didn't have the army and we were in economic crisis. Our options were limited:

Option1: Fight, Lose, Be Hated, Keep a few colonies.
Option2: Give them back, remain sovereign in a lot of them, put our queen as there queen, peace, be liked (well kinda) and not be hated and have our military destroyed.

We are small in land but our political and military status are very influential. We are one of the biggest trade centers of the world (top 3 with Tokyo and NY), a major aid helper.

etc. etc. etc. /goodnight :)

Actually the sudden fight for independence was quite a while after WW2 when you still had an impressive military. Fighting for places like India (now a super-power) and Rhodesia (then a rich country) also Iraq (good oil amrite) would mean that The British Empire would be one of the most powerful nations in the world.

DeletedUser

Still too weak, think about it seriously. We would've been hated by everybody and once one country gets independence everybody wants it!

DeletedUser

Still too weak, think about it seriously. We would've been hated by everybody and once one country gets independence everybody wants it!

Who cares about friends when you control 1/3rd of the world? You could of just blocked access of the Suez canal as punishment xD

DeletedUser

I do believe that The British Empire could become great again but we would need to retrain a generation of monarchy and give the Diplomacy a good boot, they can have their views when advising the King/Queen, Britain needs the monarchy in power to be a power.

I myself think Britian should re-claim the ROI, for obvious reasons then advance on France. I am a firm believer that the British could take America, but first they need to get cosy with America :)

Also, what is the point in France? They hold little resources and no power.

DeletedUser

I do believe that The British Empire could become great again but we would need to retrain a generation of monarchy and give the Diplomacy a good boot, they can have their views when advising the King/Queen, Britain needs the monarchy in power to be a power.

I myself think Britian should re-claim the ROI, for obvious reasons then advance on France. I am a firm believer that the British could take America, but first they need to get cosy with America :)

There strategic step into europe and the fact that if we take France the European Economy would crash. They also hold nukes (not like they'd use them)

DeletedUser

Are you serious? :icon_eek:

Wikipedia said:
With a reported personnel strength of 779,450 in 2006 (259,050 regular force[4], 419,000 regular reserve[5], and 101,400 law enforcement Gendarmerie[6]), the French Armed Forces constitutes the largest military in the European Union and the 23rd largest in the world by number of troops. The French Armed Forces however have the 3rd highest expenditure of any military in the world,[7] as well as the 3rd largest nuclear force in the world, only behind the United States and Russia. The French military is also deemed to have the third highest power projection capability in the world, behind the United States and the United Kingdom.
Sure Wikipedia cant be taken at face value but they cant be that far off with the information.

And about the nuke comment, if England was the aggressor and France was losing, why the hell not? What more do they have to lose if they're already pretty much completely losing.

Your navy would most likely get completely raped. And there isn't that much to stop them from launching a nuke against fleet in the middle of Ocean?

DeletedUser

Are you serious? :icon_eek:

Sure Wikipedia cant be taken at face value but they cant be that far off with the information.

And about the nuke comment, if England was the aggressor and France was losing, why the hell not? What more do they have to lose if they're already pretty much completely losing.

Your navy would most likely get completely raped. And there isn't that much to stop them from launching a nuke against fleet in the middle of Ocean?

They are not going to launch an immediate land invasion without taking proper 'precautions' that America's navy and nuclear threat has been neutralized. All it would take is a few key placed SAS missions and the naval ships could make a 'detour' to English ports and be under their control.

As for the nuclear weapons, they are not that secure are they :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

They are not going to launch an immediate land invasion without taking proper 'precautions' that America's navy and nuclear threat has been neutralized. All it would take is a few key placed SAS missions and the naval ships could make a 'detour' to English ports and be under their control.

As for the nuclear weapons, they are not that secure are they :icon_razz:

You'd have to take out ~17 places which will quite likely be guarded well. Assuming UK actually did it, I highly doubt there wouldn't be any of the SAS members captured for interrogation. And I'm sure they have several nuclear warheads distributed over the country.

I also highly doubt you could in any way succeed to have several US ships stop in UK harbour and then assemble your own crew for the ship within short period.

Even after those there is still USAF to deal with.

And not to mention the diplomatic backlashes that would have :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

You'd have to take out ~17 places which will quite likely be guarded well. Assuming UK actually did it, I highly doubt there wouldn't be any of the SAS members captured for interrogation. And I'm sure they have several nuclear warheads distributed over the country.

I also highly doubt you could in any way succeed to have several US ships stop in UK harbour and then assemble your own crew for the ship within short period.

Even after those there is still USAF to deal with.

And not to mention the diplomatic backlashes that would have :icon_razz:

The SAS is the worlds toughest special forces group and is the default for anyone that wants to create a special ops group. Also that delta force was formed by an ex SAS member and they have the toughest recruitment standards in the world.

The UK has several other colonies that can work as ports for the US navy, under the cover of several task forces going to UK ports to re-arm and do several training ops in the area with local forces. Also the British navy is one of the worlds best, so I don't think they would have any recruitment problems.

The US Air-force is a complete failure. Anyway air-fields can be taken out like they were during the Falklands war.