The British Empire

DeletedUser

I highly doubt there wouldn't be any of the SAS members captured for interrogation.

Have you ever seen the training the SAS go through? People die during it, they use live ammunition and are basically tortured to ensure if they are ever captured they reveal nothing. One of the training methods they use it to set the 1 SAS member free in the woods with nothing but a knife and a slight head start. Once they're captured there interrogated as if they were a prisoner of war. If they crack and reveal information then they don't pass the course and don't become a member of the SAS.

DeletedUser

Ummm...SAS? Care much? oj :)

I for one thing we should give the Royal Family the same treatment as King Henry IV and the old Monarchy, give them training, let the parliament only advise and let the rule!! You don't see Britian moving anywhere with a Parliament do you? Yes we will help our allies America 'cause we want to stay happy families and we won't conquer anymore land and stay a small nation who used to be great!

I say embrace the Dictatorship of the Monarchy!

DeletedUser

Ummm...SAS? Care much? oj :)

I for one thing we should give the Royal Family the same treatment as King Henry IV and the old Monarchy, give them training, let the parliament only advise and let the rule!! You don't see Britian moving anywhere with a Parliament do you? Yes we will help our allies America 'cause we want to stay happy families and we won't conquer anymore land and stay a small nation who used to be great!

I say embrace the Dictatorship of the Monarchy!

I say replace our damn monarchy and embrace that ^.^ Let the Parliament be the council or advisor's and let them get what we want across. But let our monarchy make the decision.

DeletedUser1189

Actually the sudden fight for independence was quite a while after WW2 when you still had an impressive military. Fighting for places like India (now a super-power) and Rhodesia (then a rich country) also Iraq (good oil amrite) would mean that The British Empire would be one of the most powerful nations in the world.

This statment seems plucked out of fantasy. After the second world war the British military, industry and economy was severally weakened. For example, before WW2 all other world wide currenices were measured against the British sterling, due to the devaluing of it during the war, and the following Bretton Woods Accord we lost a major economic advanatge on the world stage.

Further more, our industry had been bombed up and down the country over the years by constant german bombing runs until the Battle of Britian was won. This required major resources and a lot of time to get it back onto track.

Although we may of still held a decent standing military, influences from around the world way beyond mearly a count of military units influenced the fall of the british empire and its inability to hold onto its territories. India itself fell after some poor management decisions and actions, for example the Amritsar Massacre.

Controlled territories is not quite as simple as having military power. While we had guns and the people we oppressed did not it was simple. When everyone has guns, then its not so clear cut.

DeletedUser

I do believe that The British Empire could become great again but we would need to retrain a generation of monarchy and give the Diplomacy a good boot, they can have their views when advising the King/Queen, Britain needs the monarchy in power to be a power.

I myself think Britian should re-claim the ROI, for obvious reasons then advance on France. I am a firm believer that the British could take America, but first they need to get cosy with America :)

Also, what is the point in France? They hold little resources and no power.

Keep on believing that

DeletedUser

Wow, America many spend the most on military but have made alot of enemies, Britain is allied to alot of them.

DeletedUser

Wow, America many spend the most on military but have made alot of enemies, Britain is allied to alot of them.

Lets, for a moment, for the sake of arguing say that you did succeed in achieving temporaly military dominance in America,

Wikipedia said:
Trade and investment

The United States accounts for the United Kingdom's largest single export market, buying $57 billion worth of British goods in 2007.[57] Total trade of imports and exports between the United Kingdom and the United States amounted to the sum of $107.2 billion in 2007.[58]

The United States and the United Kingdom share the world's largest foreign direct investment partnership. In 2005, American direct investment in the United Kingdom totaled $324 billion while British direct investment in the United States totaled $282 billion.[59]

Now imagine that nearly gone within a period of year or few.

DeletedUser

And if the US's market collapsed Britain would take over some.

DeletedUser

Ok? NAme the enemies and lets see how much of a threat they pose :icon_rolleyes:
And if the US's market collapsed Britain would take over some.

If we go with the ifs and the buts I would be God and you'll obey me.

DeletedUser282

Britain would not defeat USA. That is not true at all. The SAS could probably pull off a dramatic crippling of USA's military however they would still win.

DeletedUser

I never said on their own. Russia would enjoy a little go, France would sit back and Iraq would bang bomb bang...

DeletedUser

Ok? NAme the enemies and lets see how much of a threat they pose :icon_rolleyes:

If we go with the ifs and the buts I would be God and you'll obey me.

Iran - Still has quite a good armed forces and enjoys better relations with Britain then the US.
China - The UK does not support Taiwan and patrol Chinese waters like the US does.
India - Still annoyed that the US armed the other side, a strong nation
Egypt - Enjoys good relations with the UK, would side with the UK if the US attacked first. Also seeing as Israel would back the US
The entire Arab League, it's not the 70's anymore they have enjoyed quite a good economic rise of the years and this has been spent on the military

Also depending who started the war most likely the US.

France - They don't like the US much
Germany - NATO allies.
Russia - Any excuse to get some revenge me thinks.
Most likely NATO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now you changed the whole argument, you first stated that GB could win if it attacked USA, now you changed it to if US attacked then the world will gangrape it, don't see GB alone on that one.

For that matter GB & USA enjoy one of the best relations between countries so that makes any invasion highly unlikely.

DeletedUser

For that matter GB & USA enjoy one of the best relations between countries so that makes any invasion highly unlikely.

Although when it comes to Xbox Live... that's another matter :lol:

An invasion on GB is very unlikely altogether. With the amount of alliances and groups the GB is part of and it's good relations with most super-powers.

China, Russia (despite all this spy news we're still 'friends' with the russians), America.

DeletedUser

Now you changed the whole argument, you first stated that GB could win if it attacked USA, now you changed it to if US attacked then the world will gangrape it, don't see GB alone on that one.

Yes but I was speaking theoretically if relations had been soured.

DeletedUser

I for one would think that britain taking over full control of any other country is highly unlikley, its just not seen as a good thing these days to do any sort of military movement in any country. If they were to do anything they would need America on there side and not against them.

I think if we were to go against America it would be very tough, especially against ther naval power(largest int he world). Imo we wouldnt stand a chance they have the ability to mobilize a devastating awe of aircraft carriers and thats not including the part of it they keep in reserve.

We did used to own the largest colonial empire the world had seen at its height in the 19th centuary which inlcuded a piece of the cake on every continent. But anychance of that happning again is slim to none(slim as in 1 in infinaty slim)

Not only would it upset alot of other country's including the ones they invaded but the people who live in britain today........mass rioting comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I for one would think that britain taking over full control of any other country is highly unlikley, its just not seen as a good thing these days to do any sort of military movement in any country. If they were to do anything they would need America on there side and not against them.

I think if we were to go against America it would be very tough, especially against ther naval power(largest int he world). Imo we wouldnt stand a chance they have the ability to mobilize a devastating awe of aircraft carriers and thats not including the part of it they keep in reserve.

We did used to own the largest colonial empire the world had seen at its height in the 19th centuary which inlcuded a piece of the cake on every continent. But anychance of that happning again is slim to none(slim as in 1 in infinaty slim)

Not only would it upset alot of other country's including the ones they invaded but the people who live in britain today........mass rioting comes to mind.

The UK enjoy better diplomatic relations then the US in Most countries and it depends on who attacks first.