The Don > ruffus

DeletedUser

I started near Ruffus, many alerted me, stating that he is good start-up player, however, the people I personally rate came back saying he is decent at start-up, but is seriously over-rated, with a mouth that runs further than he does frequently to the rim. These players are well-known on the UK server.

So, with that in mind, I thought I would add him on Skype, get talking to this player who is so acclaimed. So, I got talking, originally I did offer clearing the area together, however he wasn't keen. I didn't mind, so we both agreed go our separate ways, each of us being fair-game for the other, I stated first: “[2/15/2012 11:50:42 PM] Ash (Don): wish you look for the time being, if we battle shall look forward too it (bow).”

Which I and many others would consider respectful, despite being targets of each other.

Furthermore, today I scouted him and followed up with an attack, as I was aware of his early academy, Ruffus, having the cunning of a goldfish, thought that a juicy target was all he needed to entice success. The last attack resulted in his academy being demolished. Hence my claim of being #1 to destroy an academy- this maybe wrong, but isn't from what I am aware of.

The previous day he actually said this: “[2/15/2012 11:35:35 PM] Ruffus / Briar Rose: I get bored because no one attacks me :D

Therefore I was entertaining him right? No. He threw a hissy fit behind my back.

Segment of the convo:
“[13:37:11] Ruffus / Briar Rose: He's a *smelly* *bunny*
[13:42:39] My friend: *Bunny* is a strong word over a game.
[13:41:39] Ruffus / Briar Rose: he's a *bunny*
[13:43:03] Ruffus / Briar Rose: its all about respect and most of the *BUNNIES* don't have any
[13:43:47] My friend: That's hypocrisy at its most pure. :D

All of this ironic, hey? But I, myself, could not have summed it up any better myself- what a hypocrite Ruffus is. I give him a bit of his own medicine, but he is reluctant to accept players can attack back. One of those that “can give but can't take.” However I would like to argue this, too, from scout reports:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 7)
Stable (Level 4)
Workshop (Level 2)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 16)
Clay pit (Level 16)
Iron mine (Level 17)
Farm (Level 16)
Warehouse (Level 20)
Hiding place (Level 9)
Wall (Level 10)

This leaves him with a possible: Population slots remaining 1263 (excluding academy and any troops).
This is suggesting Point-whore SIRRRRR!! :icon_cool:
Also, no demonstration of skill: no backtime attempts, oh wait he's all about points never mind - would have come back red anyway.

Some reports for you:
http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/e5995b6395d7a10e46b31d0587829854
http://ukc1.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/db2471ecf74ee65e7a0b5771bf6703a1- militia, wow enough said.

So I would like to ask:
Why the hype behind this player? He is evidently not a smart player.
Why so rated? Yet he is a point-whore.
So really has he been playing of the rep he has for however many servers?

To conclude:
Ruffus! I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your soldiers. Praise be to The Don!
Therefore: The Don. > ruffus- simples.

Regards,
The Don

If Carlsberg did a TW player, he would probably be The Don.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7369

So coy. Why not come out and say i told you he was overrated. It is ok. anyone that knows us both knows that is my opinion.

He is lauded as a good start up player and a great leader. Having experienced his tribes twice (once under a pseudonym) I can honestly state he is neither. he is an average start up player that has a history of starting up tribes that are good despite him rather than because of him.

I will admit though that he is tenacious and I fully expect to see him restart once rimmed and try again. That is a quality i can respect and one he does actually possess.

My sympathy Ruffus you simply met a better player on the day and though the words are struggling to come out i feel i must say them :S well done ash. showing that you learnt enough to build troops and them things worth points. completely taken me by surprise

DeletedUser2961

Well well well. Ash, me ol' fruit, you were clearly underestimated. I would actually love to see this stay as a one on one, as Ruffus is clearly an erm, pants brilliant player who clearly understands the importance of points them spear things, oh yeah, troops. :lol:

DeletedUser10677

I fear UK'S beloved ruffus has got a big big for his little boots? Used to respect the guy but in resent worlds hes put a negative spin on himself

DeletedUser1410

lol this is funny coming from you lot
I've never said I was good at the game, and never said I'm a good leader ever lol
So what he took my academy down that good, 4 villages against 2 see what happens lol

DeletedUser10677

I've never said I was good at the game, and never said I'm a good leader ever lol
So what he took my academy down that good, 4 villages against 2 see what happens lol

Whos up for a whole world gang up?

DeletedUser3371

Very nice read Ash , I enjoyed that immensely. :lol:

DeletedUser

I have encountered ruffus a few times, and did not think he was anything special, last time i encounter him he sent me a mail bragging how he was going to noble one of our villages beacuse the tribe was a massive fail, well he ended up with a dead noble and did not want to speak any more, all though no one can deny he obviously has some skill due to his history, but he gets to far ahead of him self sometimes and makes comments he cant all ways back, and is mortal like the rest of us, as this clearly shows

DeletedUser10336

Oh dear, it pains me to say this...
*cough* well done *cough*.

Ash > Ruffus.

DeletedUser10480

Amazing it just shows what people will do to get rank 1 but now after all that everyone knows that hes just really hiding behind numbers :)

DeletedUser

This was also raised on UK10, when Ruffus was rimmed.
His saying was that he was ganked.

I starting to believe that this is his default answer regardless of circumstances.

DeletedUser1511

Hey mum today i beat this kid with no legs in a 100 metre race. I ran he crawled. Well done you beat Ruffus, dude that like a 20 yr old beating a 1 month yr old baby up. He is utter trash :lol:

DeletedUser

Dear Me Ruffy. Your standards have dropped D:.
Goin back to the PM I sent you, I need to rephrase that.

"New KidS on the block"
:lol:

On a serious note, nice one don. Looks like you know what you're doing :)

DeletedUser10204

Ver well presented Don, Im impressed :) GL in game and take his villages (devil)

DeletedUser

Quite surprised by some of the comments. From an outside observor point of veiw, I've seen Ruffus on a few worlds and he seems a pretty decent player despite the comments here IMO.

But taking nothing away from you as it appears you are too, Don. Well done on taking on the well noted players without fear and doing well.