TuToR - Did it work?

DeletedUser

Oo... walls of text. >_>

Why support when you could backtime? Supporting a player who has no wall, good decision.

I had a wall. :S

You say it's a good membership-leadership relationship that one of your members literally stalks you on the forums contradicting everything you say. K?

Have to agree I'm afraid. Anything disagreed with between tribemembers is best discussed in private rather than the forums in order to preserve image and integrity. It is a basic ploy of leadership.

I was under the impression that he was being catted, and with cats you send rams:

Apparently, the player was being gangbanged making it even more unlikely to have a suitable wall for attacks:

I was dodging with my O the entire time, so I only lost the D I had in my village which represented a small fraction of my total troops. My wall was destroyed yes... but they lose troops doing so I am not too displeased.

It also seems that the support was poorly organised, and meerly died at the arrival at his village.

So, seeing as this player was being "gangbanged" I am predicting, he will be unable to achieve a decent enough wall level for support in time. We've also seen that the support was sent randomly, so a large force at his village to defend against attacks and minimize losses also seems unlikely too.

Incorrect, most support arrived and sustained no losses at all (because of distance impairments, most of it arrived after the gangbang, and the players attacking me were probably deterred from attacking once more out of fear (they did not know I was defended adequately after their attacks). I don't need the support anymore; their own fear is my defence once more. :)

Backtiming the main attackers, and sending fakes seems like the more logical way to defend this player.

That was attempted; one of my assailants paid the price for his foolhardy actions; one of TuToR's students backtimed him and cleared him, within milliseconds of the assailants troops returning. I will not deny I felt pride at seeing our students display gameplay worthy of a teacher.

DeletedUser

In my opinion tutor have just had a slight misshap, yet every tribe have it sometime. It is nothing to be judged on also we don't really have an insight to tutor so we can't really judge. So let's see in a couple of weeks if they can sort out this minor mishap... So let's stop the arguing

Don't ask them to stop arguing.... because if they did i would have nothing to read and keep me entertained whilst waiting for farm runs :lol:

DeletedUser857

I've led tribes :)

Maybe, I don't have the facts... But then again your arguments have been, lets say unspecific, and it's your arguments which I'm basing my counters on.

[gfx]I said "successful tribes".

And no, you are not basing your arguments on what I said. I said that support was not as effective as it could have been because of the travel distance- members being far away- and you interpret that as being unorganised support? That's totally not what I said.

Seems I will have to spell this out for you- the support was organised, but arrived late due to the distance of Adellion from those who had defence to offer.

Finall, Frank, you are displaying another immaturity that led to me voting for you to be kicked- everytime someone says something against you, you guilt trip them and make feeble excuses, instead of just taking what was said on board.[/gfx]

DeletedUser

Not trying to insult anyone but is everyone usually this insulting or argumentative on uk7. As i have seen several topics full of arguments and petty insults

Ade brings out the best in us all :lol:

DeletedUser3312

Adellion thanks for explaining. Was getting a little frustrated <.< but your account explains the attack, and it's result. From the sounds of it, it seems like you've taught your padawan well.

DeletedUser

[gfx]
Finall, Frank, you are displaying another immaturity that led to me voting for you to be kicked- everytime someone says something against you, you guilt trip them and make feeble excuses, instead of just taking what was said on board.[/gfx]

I do apologise if you think I am guilt tripping you. I admit to my mistakes. I did over react to most things and wouldn't be surprised if you voted against... Just forget what I said about anyone in particular.. I just wanted to apologise to the tribe.

DeletedUser3312

[gfx]I said "successful tribes".[/gfx]
Edited.

Ade answered the statement effectively and descriptively. So, cbb replying to some parts of your post.

[gfx]Seems I will have to spell this out for you- the support was organised, but arrived late due to the distance of Adellion from those who had defence to offer.[/gfx]
Though This. This just sort of proves my point about backtiming the attacker instead of supporting the player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The backtime was organised too late for all of the attacker's to be defeated. Although possible for 4 of TuToR players to backtime the 4 RaGe attackers, it was a late attempt at doing so and Adellion unfortunately sent rams with the timed backtime and failed :/

DeletedUser857

Though This. This just sort of proves my point about backtiming the attacker instead of supporting the player.

[gfx]That wouldn't have stopped him being catted though, would it? Anyhow, backtiming is not a quick fix even if we do gloss over the fact that he would have still been catted, as many organised tribes pre-stack the ones who send the attacks incase of backtimes and other forms of retaliation.[/gfx]

DeletedUser3312

[gfx]That wouldn't have stopped him being catted though, would it? Anyhow, backtiming is not a quick fix even if we do gloss over the fact that he would have still been catted, as many organised tribes pre-stack the ones who send the attacks incase of backtimes and other forms of retaliation.[/gfx]
Erm... Wut?

-You just said that tribemates were to far away, so the cats hitting him were inevitable.
-Backtiming the attacker would have killed his attacks stopping the attacker sending any further attacks in the future.
-Backtiming is just as effective as supporting.
-When backtiming you send fakes to stop the opposing tribe recognising the actual attack, thus stopping a counter-backtime.

What are you trying to argue?

DeletedUser

I do apologise if you think I am guilt tripping you. I admit to my mistakes. I did over react to most things and wouldn't be surprised if you voted against... Just forget what I said about anyone in particular.. I just wanted to apologise to the tribe.

In fairness, I abstained from the vote out of respect for NYK, and I must give due credit to his contributions to my account. While I accept his flaws, there are others more flawed than him, and indeed I am sure I have my own flaws (Nauzhror will be very kind as to donate a list, startup noob may be a good start off point ^_^). NYK's flaws were not overwhelming or large imo, and I am confident his character will mature from his experience in TuToR, regardless of the outcome.

I unfortunately had to remove him from my account due to the other teachers vote; after all the teachers are supposed to represent the tribe as a whole, and I tend to yield to my tribes' desires, as leader.

I confess NYK's leadership role was limited for two reasons, mainly illness, and then coming back to find I had been doing a fair bit of the leading to a satisfactory standard, so he saw no reason why this should not continue. This is not a criticism or a flaw.

DeletedUser

I was really hoping at the beginning that cory would show me the ropes of leading, but personality is not something anyone can change in a day as the case with me. But thanks Adellion, you summed it up very nicely for me.

DeletedUser6932

Erm... Wut?

-You just said that tribemates were to far away, so the cats hitting him were inevitable.
-Backtiming the attacker would have killed his attacks stopping the attacker sending any further attacks in the future.
-Backtiming is just as effective as supporting.
-When backtiming you send fakes to stop the opposing tribe recognising the actual attack, thus stopping a counter-backtime.

What are you trying to argue?

If you read sd's comment and don't be so quick to flame you would understand

Sd said that the attackers would probably be stacked whilst organizing the attack on ade as any half decent tribe would do

So your backtime would have gone splat would it not???

If your gonna troll do it right read what is in front of you even if it is orange =P

And some cases backtiming is not as effective supporting. Backtiming can be dodged. Supporting when efficiently done when you have tribe mates around you to help.

DeletedUser

There were 4 attackers. They couldn't stack a member getting nobled, I doubt they could decently stack 4 backtime of inferior troop counts.

DeletedUser8815

I had a wall. :S
not after the first attack you didn't.

My wall was destroyed yes... but they lose troops doing so I am not too displeased.

and how many troops can 100 spear/100 sword kill from half a nuke? try it on the sim if you lost the report

Incorrect, most support arrived and sustained no losses at all (because of distance impairments, most of it arrived after the gangbang, and the players attacking me were probably deterred from attacking once more out of fear (they did not know I was defended adequately after their attacks). I don't need the support anymore; their own fear is my defence once more. :)

absolute tosh!

We are not stupid and knew that tutor's duke would scream for support under the threat of dismissal (nice lesson to teach your students), that is why the attacks stopped. We knew you would be well defended and had no wish to lose our troops against your stacked village.

You really think that if your village was not stacked by your tribe that we would not attack again out of fear? matey, you live in a dream world, tell you what send all the support home and see what happens to your village.

DeletedUser

Why would I sim a half nuke.. 1k axes + 500 LC = 1/6 of a nuke since a nuke is 6k axes + 3k lc, no? Well done though, you managed to recruit everyone in our area just to cat ade down... Oh and I have half the points now of most of the RaGe players that attacked and the same troop count and actually hauled more than some so... Ye umm.. Numbers are win so well done to that :)

DeletedUser

not after the first attack you didn't.

Your point?

and how many troops can 100 spear/100 sword kill from half a nuke? try it on the sim if you lost the report

Your point?

We are not stupid

Woah, really? Never said you were, but perhaps you are feeling overly self-aware if you need to remind the forums that you are not? :p I only said the RaGe players around me are noobs with appalling troop counts... I never said they were stupid. ^_^

and knew that tutor's duke would scream for support under the threat of dismissal (nice lesson to teach your students), that is why the attacks stopped. We knew you would be well defended and had no wish to lose our troops against your stacked village.

Uhh, don't you DARE tell me I threatened my students with dismissal. And would you not "scream for support" yourself, if Nauzhror , Temporary, xXSaintXx, Abdo and others launched their O at you? No amount of noob turtling can withstand their offence.

You really think that if your village was not stacked by your tribe that we would not attack again out of fear? matey, you live in a dream world, tell you what send all the support home and see what happens to your village.

The offences from those tribemembers were PATHETIC, 1on1, I could wipe out every single one of them (give my thanks to Luhem for being good target practice for my student, and thank blartymartinfast for the resources I got from backtiming him too). If that is all the offence your tribemembers can muster, I would be worried.

Btw, I'm still growing faster than all your RaGe noobs around me; back to 3.7k and rising (and more troops :D) are you going to organise another cat OP to try and bring me back down to your inferior and nooby level once more? Didn't work last time, but you can try again, I suppose... If 5 RaGe players can't bring down one TuToR member, what hope do the rest of you have? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Uhh, don't you DARE tell me I threatened my students with dismissal. And would you not "scream for support" yourself, if Nauzhror , Temporary, xXSaintXx, Abdo and others launched their O at you? No amount of noob turtling can withstand their offence.

erm, now Ade there's a really big rumour that someone from your account (not naming names or anything but I hear it wasn't you at the time) started throwing his / hers weight around in a vague attempt to get your villa some defence. The plot may also thicken a little as that player (again not naming names or anything) was later dismissed from the account ... We read into that lots :lol:

As for the whole point things that you keep trying to:
Your point?

I believe they are extremely valid points. You being head / semi-head of TuToR will no doubt be told why by Nauz later :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

Didn't work last time, but you can try again, I suppose... If 5 RaGe players can't bring down one TuToR member, what hope do the rest of you have? :icon_rolleyes:

I thought you were complaining earlier that it worked because they outnumbered you? Doesn't this hence suggest that it worked?