Uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser11312
  • Start date

DeletedUser

We were thinking of using it as a fancy and interactive way of keeping score

DeletedUser11069

We were thinking of using it as a fancy and interactive way of keeping score

I'm sorry, if this championship will happen, it'll most likely be a knockout championship.
So what you guys are doing is useless, nobody doesn't want to keep the score to teams that already lost, so try doing something like this.

* I'm not good at drawing, this is just a scheme :3

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, if this championship will happen, it'll most likely be a knockout championship.
So what you guys are doing is useless, nobody doesn't want to keep the score to teams that already lost, so try doing something like this.

* I'm not good at drawing, this is just a scheme :3
/Facepalm

Thanyou for pointing out the obvious Dorin, and you certainly don't need to draw anything. Just type knockout chart on google.

No, we understand that and my friends will implement it. I will say for the final time, that was just a basic draft. The finished result, we hope, would be something better than last year's website. That's ofcourse if Lisa wants something like that:

That being:

A TWTotal like website which can keep track of this tournament similar to the way the masters external website was last year.

DeletedUser11312

If we were to choose players for the teams we should all join a round under a new account. No Ally or NAP with anyone, and 1 member tribe limit, with no supporting people outside of tribe. those who end the round in a top 10 spot get into the team? but then would be a question of settings. like the idea of us playing a round like this?

personally i have to disagree here. It cant be decided on one round? what if some people arent here to play that round? they miss out on the whole tournement?

We obviously want new people in the team, not just SLAP and UKSC, but evidently we have to be honest with ourselves, and im not sure if i speak for all of uk server but personally i think that players in uksc and SLAP should be given a shot, and then they can recommend players who arent in the tribes, and maybe get a little mini tournement of the cadidates hoping to get into the team. Then over multiple games, which are suitable for everyone to play, can we then get a grip on who we think, and also the moderators, who should get in.

Ofcourse, to me this seems slightly unfair to the new players to the server or who arent in a 'speed tribe', but unfortunately we need the best players in the .uk server team (if this was to go ahead) and so the best players on speed are either in uksc or slap (as much as it pains me to say), their are other players that arent in either that are good aswell, and they should definately be given a shot.

Personally i think member limit should be 10-12 with "subs" so to speak of 5-8 players, making the total arround the 18 member area. I still think the game tribe member limit should be minimum 10 and maximum 12, otherwise the games would become too crowded.

-Sam

DeletedUser

mmm... On the masters it was 20 per team. That worked well tbh.

Too small and nobody people will be interested except those 10 in the team. Too many, and yh it's overcrowded.

15-20 per team in my opinion. Preferably 15.

DeletedUser8097

A 10 player team seems more than enough. In the end, out of 20 will show up exactly 10

DeletedUser11069

I will say for the final time, that was just a basic draft.

That basic draft was basically this:
http://www.tribalwars.co.uk/sds_masters.php?mode=leader&tournament_id=7

Where instead of seeing the rankings, you saw each team's score "individually", so you had to make your own rankings on a paper / excel / whatever
And as I said, I don't see the point of rankings where all you're interested in is the chart showing who got to the next part and who lost, not the amount of wins :)

DeletedUser8097

Actually if i do remember well, the server championship did have a good rankings table and group standings. In the event of materiising this idea we could easily use the ranking and display from that championhip.

DeletedUser

personally i have to disagree here. It cant be decided on one round? what if some people arent here to play that round? they miss out on the whole tournement?

We obviously want new people in the team, not just SLAP and UKSC, but evidently we have to be honest with ourselves, and im not sure if i speak for all of uk server but personally i think that players in uksc and SLAP should be given a shot, and then they can recommend players who arent in the tribes, and maybe get a little mini tournement of the cadidates hoping to get into the team. Then over multiple games, which are suitable for everyone to play, can we then get a grip on who we think, and also the moderators, who should get in.

Ofcourse, to me this seems slightly unfair to the new players to the server or who arent in a 'speed tribe', but unfortunately we need the best players in the .uk server team (if this was to go ahead) and so the best players on speed are either in uksc or slap (as much as it pains me to say), their are other players that arent in either that are good aswell, and they should definately be given a shot.

Personally i think member limit should be 10-12 with "subs" so to speak of 5-8 players, making the total arround the 18 member area. I still think the game tribe member limit should be minimum 10 and maximum 12, otherwise the games would become too crowded.

-Sam

Yeah i would defiantly apply to try and get in, but i know i'm not that great at speed just yet. Played only about a month so obv. not going to be amazing, but i picked up on things like sniping, sending trains within 5 seconds (yes still need to get opera for the T-trains) and can backtime 75% of the time. Hopefully i'll be able to get some time in to play over the weekend, Although my exams are still on-going.

@Turtle
Yes more rounds could be played to decide who joins the tournament, but yeah it was just a idea so does not really matter if it goes ahead or not.

@Everyone
If needed i could do some GFX stuff, depending on what it involves or if like a said, if you need someone to do it.

Thanks,
Raven

DeletedUser11312

sending trains within 5 seconds (yes still need to get opera for the T-trains)

im pretty sure all members will need to be able to snipe, t-train and backtime etc.. all not hard skills once mastered..

DeletedUser11069

im pretty sure all members will need to be able to snipe, t-train and backtime etc.. all not hard skills once mastered..

The most important thing is teamwork
If a player can do all those things but can't support when you tell him to do so, or to fake when everyone is sending aswell, he is useless.
t-training => every train can be sniped
sniping => try sniping 2 players with full offensive when they're coming over you with 2 nobles each
backtiming => you won't get attacked unless the player gets supported in most of the cases
Now when it comes to our team, if you can't do those 3 things you mentioned, but you know how to work as a team, you're a lot more useful than a guy who'll just play for himself ;)
Hope I made myself clear.
(ofc those skills aren't useless, but I just emphasized what's the most important part of a team / server championship in a team)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dm. All I want to know is if this is going ahead or not.

DeletedUser

Dont know if it's been mentioned before as i only skim read the posts, but say this goes ahead with a 10 member tribe limit.

Who will decide who is on the team etc?

Before with 20 member tribe limits it was easier to do since it was always a struggle to get 20 players to join together so you could accept pretty much anyone and everyone.

Would suck for some of the newer players to be left out over egos and friendships already made.

DeletedUser

Or secretly loaning players from other teams? ;)
That did cross my mind, but rounds were at the same time so that wasn't really possible unless other players I'm not aware of asked to be recruited without telling me about their knocked out team.
I always did enjoy recruiting refugees though ^.^

Dont know if it's been mentioned before as i only skim read the posts, but say this goes ahead with a 10 member tribe limit.

Who will decide who is on the team etc?

Before with 20 member tribe limits it was easier to do since it was always a struggle to get 20 players to join together so you could accept pretty much anyone and everyone.

Would suck for some of the newer players to be left out over egos and friendships already made.
so you're saying just because no one's ego should be hurt, we should put 20 members for each team and make it more like a quantity matter?
there will be substitutes and stuff, so I'm sure there won't be a problem like players not getting recruited at all unless they really suck

DeletedUser

Nope im saying if the limit is 10, then who decides who joins.

If there is an elected captain then of course they will choose players they like etc. and their ego will take account too