Uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser11312
  • Start date

DeletedUser

If there is an elected captain then of course they will choose players they like etc. and their ego will take account too
but as I suggested, if the leader is elected by first grade players who are sure to get in (Sam,James etc), then the main decent players will be in it anyways and the leader will have to choose the 2nd grade players and hence his ego and friendship will not affect the team much

DeletedUser

but as I suggested, if the leader is elected by first grade players who are sure to get in (Sam,James etc), then the main decent players will be in it anyways and the leader will have to choose the 2nd grade players and hence his ego and friendship will not affect the team much

When you say 2nd grade players i think you mean me ^^
I really hope this thing happens as it seems like a good place to learn alot of things.
Shout out to Adrians little bro for taking some time out to teach me a better start up :)

regards,
Raven

DeletedUser9006

My thoughts so far.
For starters it was definitely very difficult to gather 20 players to play for the TWM rounds. I spent half of my time in skype attempting to gather US/NET and UK teams to play. I wont be doing that again. As far as UK is concerned anyone interested can join a chat. We'll see what we have and go from there, however that is a secondary issue really and other teams can decide how they want to pick their teams.
I'm not wanting to go overboard with rules, anyone can play for any server as long as they only play for one team throughout the competition.
This would be pretty much something I'd be doing as uk speed mod and therefore, it wouldn't be advertised in any magnificent way. My thoughts on this are, word of mouth to other speed players, posting in their speed forums, linking to a post I will make here explaining the tournament will work better than any worldwide server announcements speed players might miss.
The rounds should have premium features.
We should probably start with a mini competition of 4 servers. I think its better to have a few teams committed than half the teams not showing up. If it goes well more teams will want to join in time.
The format and the recording of it would have to be done manually. If Matt's friend wants to work on that, that would be a great addition, however I'd still have to manually record it on the forum but I could link to it. The championship tournaments we run at the moment are purely point based and wouldn't work for this kind of competition.
Attempting a mini tournament, 4 servers over 4 weekends might give us the opportunity to iron out any difficulties/issues and draw attention to the possibility of introducing other servers.

k now my keyboard broke :/ - comments ?

DeletedUser

I do agree with settling for 4 servers for now, we can choose among most active servers and invite them (.gr .nl .de .ro etc). However inviting them better be done by you Lisa as it will have more effects and will look more official.
also I believe you should work something out with their mods too, since I doubt they will have premiums on our server. their mods can help them with exchange of premium maybe? otherwise I don't see them joining if they have to purchase premium here too.

There is one thing I don't understand though. 4 servers over 4 weekends imply that there are 4 rounds. care to explain what sort of competition it is you have in mind? 3 1v1 rounds or all 4 in one round, repeated 4 times?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10790

That sounds perfect. The team organization would get messy im sure. I would suggest, as mentioned before the council thing; but also adding in a willing mod or someone impartial to ensure everyone gets a fair crack.

Sounds great tho Lisa, looking forward to getting involved with it and trying to make the team.

blue

DeletedUser11312

also I believe you should work something out with their mods too, since I doubt they will have premiums on our server. their mods can help them with exchange of premium maybe? otherwise I don't see them joining if they have to purchase premium here too.

obviously the game will be password protected, only known by players about to play, so premium and fa and be given to everyone for free surely, because like you said, some players wont have prmium and may not be able to buy it.

Premium for everyone is a must, so then it makes it fair, and no one can claim one side had the edge because "they were rich"

DeletedUser

I doubt It's going to be a free round for everyone. even on TWM we had to buy premium and FA every round.

DeletedUser10789

Great Idea, Would be great fun.
I would love to play, but I think there is also a lot of hate for me, because Im in UKSC, also I used to be bad, and people havent played against me since then. Teams should be picked equally, for example....

Adrian picks 5
Matt picks 5
King Sam picks 5
and someone not in UKSC, WTF? or SLAP for the other 5 spots, unless there are just 15 people.
I would hate for this to go ahead and for me not to be picked becase Im in UKSC

DeletedUser7966

Previous tribes should have no impact whatsoever on who gets chosen

DeletedUser10789

I agree with this. I think the team should be agreed by Adrian, James, Matt and King Sam. As they seem to be the 4 varieties we have at the moment, and also, of course, good speeders :p

DeletedUser

Why should anyone have precedence over someone else?

Like Lisa said, a chat should be made where anyone wishing to play is added and then we go from there with how many numbers we have.

Consistency to actually play all the rounds over who is better is way more important.

DeletedUser9006

Can't you ask the speed mods on the other servers?

Yes I'd certainly contact all those I can, however I recall not many were pro-active last time and all those who were have since moved on.
Contrary to Adrian's belief on twm that it requires 0 organization. It is extremely time intensive. I plan on once the structure is in place making it as less time consuming as possible. So if everyone helped to spread the word, that would help.

I do agree with settling for 4 servers for now, we can choose among most active servers and invite them (.gr .nl .de .ro etc). However inviting them better be done by you Lisa as it will have more effects and will look more official.

There is one thing I don't understand though. 4 servers over 4 weekends imply that there are 4 rounds. care to explain what sort of competition it is you have in mind? 3 1v1 rounds or all 4 in one round, repeated 4 times?

Premium. They will have to buy it. Transfers wouldn't happen and really if we are going to be making exclusive rounds I'd say they need to be premium only players. Free premium wont be provided. This could be a barrier. So we'd need to see if players want it enough to pay for it.
4 servers over 4 weekends was random timing. I have no fixed structure in mind.

That sounds perfect. The team organization would get messy im sure. I would suggest, as mentioned before the council thing; but also adding in a willing mod or someone impartial to ensure everyone gets a fair crack.

Sounds great tho Lisa, looking forward to getting involved with it and trying to make the team.

blue

The team picks can be discussed if/when we iron everything else out and confirm other servers are interested. :)

If UK are in agreement to go ahead we then need to confirm other servers are interested, as it may not appeal to them, they may have suggestions/issues that arise/need discussing. After we have discussed here. If people are still interested. I'll make a thread and invite other servers to discuss.

DeletedUser8097

1. The servers. We have 1 so far - uk. I'll talk with .ro, they might want to play as well. Other candidates - .gr, .de, .nl, .ru, .es - we should limit to a small number of teams that will show up.

2. Organisation. The council idea is fine. Milad, me and kingsam, as former leaders whose leading and game skills lisa is already familiar with, plus james as uk's undisputed champion and matty just for the lolz. Lisa could be queen of uk with a decisive vote in case of a 2-2-1 tie :))

3. By all means, if there are so many volunteers to play - let it be a 15 member limit but only me and milad know what it means to lack the propper number of players, especially in the final stage of the competition.

DeletedUser

I don't think it should be picked from tribes.
UKSC have alot of poor players, you know who I'm talking about :D

But seriously, the 'best' and most active should be picked.
Not 'oh he's my buddah! i wantz even tho he v bad!'

DeletedUser8097

Implying that the selection would be based on friendships and not on skill simply shows you are either trolling or you lack knowledge about the previous teams that HAVE been organised. In your case i believe it's both. But by all means, do state who do you think is and is not worthy of being on the 15 member list. Don't be shy.

DeletedUser9006

How the teams are selected can be sorted after we know if we have any other teams to play.
Please leave that discussion for when we actually have an opponent.

DeletedUser7179

How the teams are selected can be sorted after we know if we have any other teams to play.
Please leave that discussion for when we actually have an opponent.

Hey Lisa.. there were a few people from other servers looking for a tournament on .masters... I will make a post there for anyone interested from servers to contact me if u want?? I will advertise a tournament on all the other servers too if you want? message me on skype and let me know

DeletedUser

so keeping on topic, what type of rounds would people want/ round settings?

Personally i would like a weekend full of 5 hour and 2 hour rounds, but that is just me. Opinions of you settings for the tournament?