Uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser11312
  • Start date

DeletedUser7179

Hey Lisa.. there were a few people from other servers looking for a tournament on .masters... I will make a post there for anyone interested from servers to contact me if u want?? I will advertise a tournament on all the other servers too if you want? message me on skype and let me know

Sorry Lisa this got caught up in the spam.... Would you like me to or not?

DeletedUser

good

Best to make a server vs server Tournament serious

10 players at most, and before making the list, make a pre-selection rounds the team as well would be those who are worth it, not friends who know, for me, make a pre-selection rounds we go team to represent would be fine, after that, do a few rounds of training for the team, and well, 1vs1 direct disposal in a neutral server as well inlcinacion did not open to any server, and that the two sides (two servers) are in agreement on the settings of the speed round, and there if you get to work.

DeletedUser9062

James, as much as it is nice to see someone atleast put some effort to get this tourny to happen, I think you are going about it the wrong way. I think the best way to advertise tournament would be to advertise it by an ingame announcement and announcements on the forums with a discussion thread by the community managers of the respective servers as players will more likely to be willing to listen to them. In the announcement the servers the community would be asked to nominate a captain who will added to a captain's skype chat. We could do this by contacting each individual CM of each server but this would be very time consuming and language would also be a barrier. I think the better way would be to contact people in innogames that are higher up, maybe Morthy as I'm sure a lot of you know from .net server. This way they could promote this as an official TW event on every server and if lucky may even offer up some prizes. I also think that if we are going to do an ingame announcement we're going to need to make it look professional like all the other announcements which means we will need proper banners and pictures. Maybe Philipster or someone else from the gfx community could help with that.

Another topic that I know was an issue in the last speed championships was the use of scripts. I'm guessing we will have to loosen the rules on the use of farming scripts. I think the best way to solve this problem is to make a list of scripts from both .uk and .net and explicitly say these are the only scripts allowed.

Summary of suggested action

1. Contact someone higher up in innogames with a well written proposal for an inter-server speed championships
  2. Produce an ingame and forum announcement template they could use on each server
  3. Put advertisements on the homepage and forum of .uk server for the speed championships to show we are serious about it
  4. Get the nominated captains of servers to join a skype chat where arrangements of the tournament could be finalised and make sure each server has enough players

DeletedUser9006

James, as much as it is nice to see someone atleast put some effort to get this tourny to happen, I think you are going about it the wrong way. I think the best way to advertise tournament would be to advertise it by an ingame announcement and announcements on the forums with a discussion thread by the community managers of the respective servers as players will more likely to be willing to listen to them. In the announcement the servers the community would be asked to nominate a captain who will added to a captain's skype chat. We could do this by contacting each individual CM of each server but this would be very time consuming and language would also be a barrier. I think the better way would be to contact people in innogames that are higher up, maybe Morthy as I'm sure a lot of you know from .net server. This way they could promote this as an official TW event on every server and if lucky may even offer up some prizes. I also think that if we are going to do an ingame announcement we're going to need to make it look professional like all the other announcements which means we will need proper banners and pictures. Maybe Philipster or someone else from the gfx community could help with that.

Another topic that I know was an issue in the last speed championships was the use of scripts. I'm guessing we will have to loosen the rules on the use of farming scripts. I think the best way to solve this problem is to make a list of scripts from both .uk and .net and explicitly say these are the only scripts allowed.

1. Contact someone higher up in innogames with a well written proposal for an inter-server speed championships
  2. Produce an ingame and forum announcement template they could use on each server
  3. Put advertisements on the homepage and forum of .uk server for the speed championships to show we are serious about it
  4. Get the nominated captains of servers to join a skype chat where arrangements of the tournament could be finalised and make sure each server has enough players

In an ideal world that would be lovely. Fact is . It isn't happening. Therefore it was suggested we do it on UK.
I have said , if enough interest is shown from other servers , I will put something together.
It wont be a replica Masters, It wont be complicated and time consuming but hopefully fun.
I will only invest any time in this if I am convinced other servers are willing to participate.
If you guys want the competition, convince me other servers are interested and I'll go ahead with something. However you do that. I don't really care , as long as I see other teams are interested in participating in a server v server competition.

DeletedUser7179

I completely agree with what Lisa has said below.. In and ideal world it would be done the same way as last year but that is not going to happen! So I am trying to make it happen here as we have the capabilities to do it (we have Lisa who can do everything). If you feel like you would like to help with trying to get people to post here from other servers to prove that there is an interest in the tournament taking place then we can start the ball rolling!
But at the moment all people seem to want to do is argue and critisize which will scare off any people who may have been interested!