UK5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

lol jesus guys... your saying I'm the one throwing petty insults and calling people nubs? please reread the last few pages, i have been flamed continously and responded by quoting an insult once...

DeletedUser

agreed nindel, some one please answer instead of flaming piesk for being pro ^_^

DeletedUser

Lol, did everyone just ignore this guy? Cause I'd like to know this lil' point as well. Be it small as it is.

Probably there will be no option and you will either go straight to the rim or straight to the centre. I do not know which

DeletedUser4

[tt]These settings were chosen to promote team work which is how the game was played when Thar and I started playing a few years ago. We had buzzing skype chats, busy ingame forums, and teaching it was a total tribe acting as one.

I wonder how many of you can turn round and say yeah I have played like that? Sending support even if its your last spearman? Sending res even if you dont have it to send?

Playing like that is what shows true teamwork, not thinking, not complaining just doing whatever is asked by whoever in the tribe asks for it.

Thar, Jamm, Openeye and I played together in a .net world sometime last year, and even Openeye after all his years of playing was amazed by the total dedication which was shown by each of us to each other. Its an amazing way to play and is something that I hope many of you can learn whilst playing this world.

Instead of constantly questioning the settings why not give them a try work together find the teamwork and play what we hope will be a great fun world, with an active forum on here, where anyone stands a chance regardless of how long they have played or how fast they can send a train.

will leave you with my thoughts as Im sure someone will have something to say about it :icon_rolleyes: [/tt]

DeletedUser

so your arguing that the skill is having more troops rather than being able to use them - ok thanks.
How does one get to have more troops than your rival? to get the most troops from your area you do have to know how to use them.

so theres more skill in attacking farms than in splitting 99ms trains? lol farming is nothing new, thats on every other world as well, i fail to see how sniping being nullified means people will farm more.
due to the larger tribes and settings encouraging team work, farming should be harder becuase of larger team work(that word again!) going on to counter the farming.

so - tribe sends troops to those being attacked rather than them being good enough to deal with situation themselves.
well, tribal wars does seem to lean towards being in a tribe, and in a tribe people do tend to help each other out if they can work together.

No...they use mass nuking

so tribes wont attack the player a member is having problems with? but in the same line you say they will attack together? good point there...
or are you saying the one player attacks the stacked village, rebuilds, attacks the stacked village again.
so thats the tpye if team work your used to? this world will certainly help you improve on that front.

People please, only noobs think that stacking involves skill, If you continue to try and imply that I am an idiot, then i will just prove that the reverse is true, stop trying to flame me and answer intelligently

now, now insults not needed!, i think its best to reply to that comment with this,

again with the digs, the reason i am following this through is i genuinly want some one to convince me i'm wrong.
yes stacking is easy. however with such large tribes, the attackers will need to work togther (oh that again!) to overcome it!

night all, im away to bed!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[tt]These settings were chosen to promote team work which is how the game was played when Thar and I started playing a few years ago. We had buzzing skype chats, busy ingame forums, and teaching it was a total tribe acting as one.

I wonder how many of you can turn round and say yeah I have played like that? Sending support even if its your last spearman? Sending res even if you dont have it to send?

Playing like that is what shows true teamwork, not thinking, not complaining just doing whatever is asked by whoever in the tribe asks for it.

Thar, Jamm, Openeye and I played together in a .net world sometime last year, and even Openeye after all his years of playing was amazed by the total dedication which was shown by each of us to each other. Its an amazing way to play and is something that I hope many of you can learn whilst playing this world.

Instead of constantly questioning the settings why not give them a try work together find the teamwork and play what we hope will be a great fun world, with an active forum on here, where anyone stands a chance regardless of how long they have played or how fast they can send a train.

will leave you with my thoughts as Im sure someone will have something to say about it :icon_rolleyes: [/tt]

Thank you tracy , that is EXACTLY what i was looking for, yes i have played like that, and infact I totally agree with what your trying to do here as not enough players can act as a real team. just the other day i got told by a tribe mate that he would send me support for 24 hours IF i would send him 3k of each resource.

the line: "where anyone stands a chance regardless of how long they have played or how fast they can send a train." is effectively what i was arguing. And you have effectively concluded that while i was correct there is a very good reason for making this world like it is.

Thanks once again, I hope this world is good fun.

DeletedUser4

Will there be the option to start at the centre of tribe after being nobled? Or will it just send you to the rim, away from your tribe.

[tt]If you start over you get put on the rim but if you are nobled you get a choice including starting in the centre of your tribe[/tt]

DeletedUser

[tt]If you start over you get put on the rim but if you are nobled you get a choice including starting in the centre of your tribe[/tt]

That's neat to know, it's always sweet to revive in the midst of your tribes farming villas x3

Wonder how'd it'd be for the mass recruiters who get the bad side of a noble, especially the ones who recruit all over the world :p

DeletedUser

Wonder how'd it'd be for the mass recruiters who get the bad side of a noble, especially the ones who recruit all over the world :p

same for all worlds, i guess, you would just be dumped somewhere( near the core, depending on the balance of the tribe in the Ks)

DeletedUser5528

I like the diversity on the uk server settings. These uk5 settings do not appeal to me though, Barb noblers paradise. (turtle power?!)

Just my preference though really. most settings look ok. just barbs that big might take something away from the agressive side in this world.

DeletedUser

tracey, you're a nub. An idea like that will never catch on ;)

EDIT:
that was sarcasm :)
I have loved this idea since the beginning. Talking with nauz about his thoughts on the settings, and my own insights, I thought that tribe>all was the basic idea for this, seems I/we were right. I support this wholeheartedly, anyone who knows me well knows about Style and all the trouble it has caused, in the pursuit of a tribe much like this world will force all to be.
So, <3 the idea, and thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

zzdan480zz said:
Barb noblers paradise. (turtle power?!)

Mhhmm :icon_razz:
That's why I have chosen this world to make a turtle tribe.

Tracey said:
These settings were chosen to promote team work which is how the game was played

The tribe will rely on teamwork to support each other :)
Your offensive won't be liking it when you troops will be getting crushed by spiked barbs :)

I know I made the premade late but I can always recruit as best as I can inside the world.

Here's the link to the premade.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
what a stupid comment, these settings have destroyed most skilled tactics, trains are completly redefined, backtiming skills are no longer as relevant. these settings need to change, PLEASE?!?!

Backtiming skills aren't relevant? If anything they're more essential than before because a same second backtime is no longer dodgeable.

are you saying that if you send attacks in the same second... they all land at XX:XX:XX:000 ??? like returning attacks? please please please tell me this is not so

This is so.

I may have misunderstood these settings, but what i believe has been done has completely destroyed any tactics, its now 'who has the most troops' mashup.

I'd have to disagree. In fact, I'd go so as far as saying your posts make it appear as if you are completely unable to think outside the box.

Right, because W50 has such 'amazing' settings. :icon_rolleyes:

piesk said:
ARE YOU JOKING!?!?!? the only reason any one would like this is if your a noob - sniping is THE BIGGEST element of skill in tribal wars... its just been completly destroyed - now theres no skill, any nub can win a war against an incredibly skilled player

Knowing who you're yelling at in the future might make you look smarter. Smile? is Grant502 aka nMe...n@me?, his timing abilities almost certainly put yours to shame.

piesk said:
but actually sniping 99ms train (let alone the 6ms trains that are possible on other uk worlds) and backtiming within a few ms is skill

Sending a 99 ms train is not difficult. Sending a 6 ms train is not skillful either, in fact what enables some people from sending them while disabling others from doing so is solely the quality of their internet connection.

I can split 99 ms trains 100% of the time unless you have 20 or so of them hitting me in the same minute on different villages. As far as splitting 6 ms trains is concerned, doing so is about luck, for anyone.

DeletedUser

I can split 99 ms trains 100% of the time unless you have 20 or so of them hitting me in the same minute on different villages. As far as splitting 6 ms trains is concerned, doing so is about luck, for anyone.

I agree with pretty much everything you said apart from the underlined bit.

Of course noone can click that fast, and it's cheating to script it, so there is an element of luck. But I think that a better player will have much higher odds of splitting it, than a worse player. If you attempt to send support trains at ram, sword, spear & HC speeds, you drastically increase your chance of making the split, than someone who tries to click it with just a spear support, and if that fails gives up.

Yes it's luck, but don't discount that being a better player makes it easier.

But yeah, on this whole teamwork vibe, i'm not quite sure how no choice of start location slots into this, sure sending all your support 2 continents away shows dedication, but it's not necessarily sensible, so surely this damages groups of players who join worlds to play together, by forcing them to put their own villages at risk by supporting, and it just makes selfish players even less likely to support, because they're more at risk.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I agree with pretty much everything you said apart from the underlined bit.

Of course noone can click that fast, and it's cheating to script it, so there is an element of luck. But I think that a better player will have much higher odds of splitting it, than a worse player. If you attempt to send support trains at ram, sword, spear & HC speeds, you drastically increase your chance of making the split, than someone who tries to click it with just a spear support, and if that fails gives up.

Yes it's luck, but don't discount that being a better player makes it easier.

But yeah, on this whole teamwork vibe, i'm not quite sure how no choice of start location slots into this, sure sending all your support 2 continents away shows dedication, but it's not necessarily sensible, so surely this damages groups of players who join worlds to play together, by forcing them to put their own villages at risk by supporting, and it just makes selfish players even less likely to support, because they're more at risk.

Wasn't saying everyone has the same odds of splitting a 6 ms train, but that I've yet to meet anyone that can do it 100% of the time, it's around 20-50 ms that most good players begin to have issues.

DeletedUser

It was really an argument over semantics, I think you over-simplified the issue to win the arguement.

He said that basically sniping small trains involved skill, and your post read like an out-right denial that skill could really play a part at intervals that small, which obviously it does.

DeletedUser

The world isn't opened yet.
You had a 9 hour gap and you couldn't open the world in those time. >.<

Last minute mods ¬.¬

Status
Not open for further replies.