W.A.R vs Mayhem

DeletedUser13240

Wouldn't normally post here, but fidel seems to be lowering the IQ of the entire thread...

Who the hell are you?

One type of defending is sniping. Another is recapping (this is not offence since you are gaining back ground that you have already lost). You are seriously saying here, that you would not use say, 200 LC tops to snipe a train. Or you would not use offence to retake a village you lose? You'd rather let it sit there, lose ground and think well, at least I have those few hundred more LC!

I would re-cap the village yes, but I wouldn't defend with offensive troops. I'm sure I already made that clear several times. I would not use 200 LC to snipe a train.

Teach me senpai! I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you are paraphrasing something that they said. Perhaps they said something along the lines of... "don't do it if you have the option to use defence..." Which makes sense - then you'd be called a noob because you had troops available and yet you chose to use the least effective units possible.

Even if it was my only option I wouldn't use offensive troops to defend myself. I would rather lose than do that. And in the first place, I wouldn't have any offensive troops in my village(s) because I have the strangest nukes ever built. Unique but probably weak :icon_neutral:.
You will however be glad to know, that I have a tribemate on the casual world who chooses to defend to defend with nukes (when no defence of mine was available and none of his own were either and the rest of the tribe is on the other side of the world) and actually won a few battles but lost 3/4 villages in the process...

Are you for real? You go mental at your teammates for you losing your villages? So let me guess, you lose a village, and someone asks; "hey fidel, couldn't you have sniped the train?" "oh nah man only had a nuke next door can't do anything with that".

I have anger problems. I've been warned by plenty of people about playing TW and having anger problems at the same time and I've just ignored those people because I do stupid stuff (as some of you may already know from past encounters). I would lie by saying I had no troops that could of been of use.

Why is it any different using offence to snipe a train, than it is to use offence to take a village?

The difference is, when you use offensive troops that are meant for attacking to take a village that is seen as attacking with offensive troops from my point of view, but when you defend against trains or nukes or even defensive nukes that people throw at you with troops that are meant for attacking which of called offensive troops people are ok with it, yet from what I think it's wrong. Not how the troops should be used.

Green lol.

DeletedUser5582

wait so, jo and fidel, you wouldnt snipe with lc/axe to split a train?

blue

bangs head. Weeps gently.

I think you have all missed that Jo was been sarcastic.
Anyone with more than 1/2 a brain saves a village with anything at their disposal.

^^This.

@ Fidel. Thinking that defending with OFF to save a villa would get the word round that you are some sort of cretin and thus encourage folk to gank you under eggs your pudding so to speak. I think everyone thinks that you are a cretin anyway but seeing your nuke parked in a barb when the villa was taken would remove all doubt.

Seriously whatever it takes save the villa to get time to keep it be that your own or tribal support, backtime whatever.

DeletedUser13240

@ Fidel. Thinking that defending with OFF to save a villa would get the word round that you are some sort of cretin and thus encourage folk to gank you under eggs your pudding so to speak. I think everyone thinks that you are a cretin anyway but seeing your nuke parked in a barb when the villa was taken would remove all doubt.

Seriously whatever it takes save the villa to get time to keep it be that your own or tribal support, backtime whatever.

Ok I'm done with this argument. It seems impossible for me to convince you fools that is wrong. Only Jo made any sense to me whatsoever for which I'll give her rep (and because when she insulted me slightly, she didn't do it full on like most idiots do) - Rest of you sounded either drunk or are just very bad at explaining things.

DeletedUser13249

Who the hell are you?

Dajox - can you not read?

I would not use 200 LC to snipe a train.

This is just... unfathomably ridiculous.

Even if it was my only option I wouldn't use offensive troops to defend myself. I would rather lose than do that. And in the first place, I wouldn't have any offensive troops in my village(s) because I have the strangest nukes ever built. Unique but probably weak .

This is a completely hypocritical statement here - you don't want to use offense for defense, but you apparently are more than happy using defense for offense? I'm going to assume that's what you mean, since we are broadly categorising troops into defensive/offensive groups and if they aren't offensive, that makes them defensive.

If they do not follow the classical outlines for nukes then yes, they are weak and there is a reason for this, as I'm sure you know - since you pointed this out repeatedly as a 'defence' for yourself - offence troops classically optimise as offense troops because they are most efficient statistics wise.

You will however be glad to know, that I have a tribemate on the casual world who chooses to defend to defend with nukes (when no defence of mine was available and none of his own were either and the rest of the tribe is on the other side of the world) and actually won a few battles but lost 3/4 villages in the process...

I'm thrilled, I really am.

I have anger problems. I've been warned by plenty of people about playing TW and having anger problems at the same time and I've just ignored those people because I do stupid stuff (as some of you may already know from past encounters). I would lie by saying I had no troops that could of been of use.

The difference is, when you use offensive troops that are meant for attacking to take a village that is seen as attacking with offensive troops from my point of view, but when you defend against trains or nukes or even defensive nukes that people throw at you with troops that are meant for attacking which of called offensive troops people are ok with it, yet from what I think it's wrong. Not how the troops should be used.

Okay, lets try approaching this in a way that you might understand, since you seem to be blinded by your ignorance here.

I'd like to turn your attention to http://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Units - The stats page. I put forward this question: is there any part of that table that states: "THIS IS AN OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE UNIT"...

I'll go ahead and answer this for you, no there isn't. So everything you are saying above, about units being either offensive or defensive, is subjective.

Now what are those views based upon? We all decide whether a unit is deemed "offensive" or "defensive" based upon which number is highest in the "offensive strength" versus the "general defense/cavalry defense" column of the table, since this technically gives the highest optimisation for troop/relative power.

Are you following so far?

So it shouldn't come as any surprise that you have chosen to label troops as offensive and defensive by that means, and can optimise the troops you build based on a long term strategy over which are the most effective builds.

But now, I'd like to draw your attention to the columns that aren't the most optimal - for example (and since you chose to say you wouldn't use LC to snipe, lets use the defensive values for LC here), LC has a general defense of 30, and a cavalry defense of 40. Do you notice how they are not 0? That's the important part.

Every unit has an application for both defense and offense, given the correct circumstance. If units were completely useless in defence they would have a value of 0 there. But they aren't, so your entire argument is invalid.

RED :lol:

DeletedUser13237

Where is the love in this room ???

fidel im guessing u will never agree that what u think is wrong others will think is right as volk said u are fighting a loseing battle.

Every player has there own way of playing there is no right or wrong way (unless your loseing lol)

Now i think its time to grab a teddy give it a big squeeze and tell johnboy again how great he could be :)

DeletedUser5582

Ok I'm done with this argument. It seems impossible for me to convince you fools that is wrong. Only Jo made any sense to me whatsoever for which I'll give her rep (and because when she insulted me slightly, she didn't do it full on like most idiots do) - Rest of you sounded either drunk or are just very bad at explaining things.

See I get rep even when insulting folk. Sheesh rest of you just amateurs..! :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I just wanna hear fidel say:

"Ok guys you were right, I was wrong'

I'm waiting....

DeletedUser13240

See I get rep even when insulting folk. Sheesh rest of you just amateurs..! :icon_cool:

You were polite about it :).

I just wanna hear fidel say:

"Ok guys you were right, I was wrong'

I'm waiting....

All I'm going to admit is that if you have only offensive troops left, you should use them to defend yourself so you can inflict some damage at least, but I still stand by what I said about I wouldn't defend myself with offensive. Everyone plays in their own way, yes. I was out of line a bit saying that it's wrong to defend with offensive troops, but it was my opinion.

HAHAHAHA thats never gonna happen :D

You know a little about me. Well done :lol:.

DeletedUser10790

beef, so much beef

but lets face it if me a cf didnt quit we'd be rank 1

blue

DeletedUser13454

Originally Posted by blue
beef, so much beef

but lets face it if me a cf didnt quit we'd be rank 1

blue

Well Pinky is number one now and... Oh well... I guess his quest for the lone conquest has begun... a bit to early I would say... xD

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Good Job no one listens to a word you say haha

And get your facts straight. Iv always been number 1 on uk19. Anyone would think you nubs have rimmed me :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser13240

Good Job no one listens to a word you say haha

And get your facts straight. Iv always been number 1 on uk19. Anyone would think you nubs have rimmed me :icon_rolleyes:

Before you turned up, CF & PMP were in the top spots so no offence Gix, but you should get your facts right.

DeletedUser13454

Even after CF & PMP, Turtle Alpha was also number one for a while till he decided to leave alpha and Rest in pieces... Well you will join him soon enough Gix and trust me, you will be rimmed by us, the noobs... :)

DeletedUser13240

Even after CF & PMP, Turtle Alpha was also number one for a while till he decided to leave alpha and Rest in pieces... Well you will join him soon enough Gix and trust me, you will be rimmed by us, the noobs... :)

Your not from mayhem are you?

DeletedUser13454

Your not from mayhem are you?

Lol, I was in Alpha (which have always fought along side Mayhem in this world till it disbanded) and now I am in Mayhem.

I did not call you a retard tho and damn boy you were quick!!! xD

Your point being?? Oh wait, I know what it is... you hate us and we are all noobs. I still think it's working pretty well for us till now. xD

"They Hate cause they're ain'us" ;)

MAYHEM!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13240

I would of assumed that you were apart of the coalition because you didn't sound like mayhem before as they are all egoist.