W.A.R vs Mayhem

DeletedUser13232

To clear up this whole Will O'Baron situation, here's exactly what happened.

1 Will O'Baron gets multiple incomings to his villages.
2 Posts in forum saying he has incoming but provides no details.
3 Several players mail asking where he needs support and receive vague replies, if any reply at all.
4 Leadership offers to sit account, with no response.
5 Attacks hit and some unsupported villages are lost - Will O'Baron was not online at landing time.
6 Overnight Will O'Baron logs in passes the sit to leadership and sends mail to the effect of "I've had enough, so long".
7 Leadership is faced with defending multiple attacks on an account for a player who has indicated he won't be coming back, or dismissing and racing WAR to the villages, with the advantages of knowing a bit about what sort of troops are in villages.
8 Leadership chooses to dismiss.

Without going into detail there has been discussion around whether this was the right course of action, but ultimately it was leadership's call.

Weird decisions. You could have just defended them from war, then ticketed the villages and been allowed to gift the villages / give out their troop numbers. If the sitter is gifting villages or giving out "little advantages" without a ticket, that is not allowed last time i checked.

Odd he would just quit such a big account then pop up in w21 on the rim

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1303

I have been defending on and off against mayhem since the end of the summer and the attacks haven't been what i would expect from 1million point players, immensely poor timing, support landing before nukes, t-trains that span the minute, i'm assuming war can do better

sounds like KentheCat from war, managing to land 2k HC support with still about 15 nukes on the way to one of mine LOL

and as for t-trains over the minute, i had 2 mins to snipe a train launch at me when my southern sector got Opped

DeletedUser13240

Weird decisions. You could have just defended them from war, then ticketed the villages and been allowed to gift the villages / give out their troop numbers. If the sitter is gifting villages or giving out "little advantages" without a ticket, that is not allowed last time i checked.

Odd he would just quit such a big account then pop up in w21 on the rim

That's the craziest decision I've ever heard :lol:. On a serious note though, yodawg had a better idea :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

Sounds like a cop out to defend the account. Another bites the dust.

DeletedUser13232

he probably would have came here and posted himself if what mayhem say isn't true, he has some of the highest odd on the whole server though and he just seemingly snapped, he was undoubtedly useful to some extent, big wars have a tendency to be won by attrition & people getting discouraged and giving up rather than them getting rimmed

DeletedUser

To clear up this whole Will O Baron situation, here's exactly what happened.

1 Will O baron gets multiple incomings to his villages.
2 Posts in forum saying he has incoming but provides no details bar the actual attacks as they stack, 1,500 in total so not sure why this wasn't enough.
3 Several players mail asking where he needs support and receive precise replies, only 6 players (bar 2 local stars) in the whole tribal family sent troops and they covered exactly 7 villages when Duke (Volkan) knew I was being OP'd with 72 hours notice before they landed.
4 Leadership never once asked to sit the account.
5 Attacks hit at a rate I've not had before, peakig at 500 between 23.00 and 23.10, I was online constantly between 06.30 and 00.30 on the day.
6 I was away for the weekend and having been battered and lost nearly 20 villages I didn't want to leave the account to lose more so passed it to the Duke. The exact mail I sent him is available to all in game who wish to read it, P.S it differs from above version.
7 Leadership made no effort to simply see what was coming and do something about it, I stated I was not quitting, I stated I would be back.
8 Leadership chooses to dismiss.

I'm gutted as I had 2 locals who always helped, a few others had supported but as a noob I've learnt that strong leadership is the only way to win wars like this. If letting me go for no reason was strong is all down to them, maybe its better that WAR have 100 extra villages, maybe this will weight them down. I guess this is the reasoning as I have no idea, not one person can tell me.

DeletedUser13232

As has been said, hiding the truth that mayhem may lose this war from the other members is paramount because if they find out they'll crumble, many of them are scared to lose their villages and that is how they ended up in mayhem originally, by defecting from other tribes. If they feel threatened in mayhem they will leave or quit, and that means the people who don't leave or quit will sink. Unfortunately someone had to be sacrificed. It'll be different next time guys don't worry that 7 village support won't happen to anyone else..honest! the scout's code!

on another note leadership sitting your account and dismissing you and then having you nobled by giving people your troop numbers is completely against the rules, it doesn't seem like you consented to any of this

DeletedUser10156

So can a member of Mayhem's leadership (who suddenly seem to be ignoring this thread :p) care to explain why they dismissed Will's account?

To the rest of us it looks like you put your war stats above your active loyal members.

I'm curious what happens next time we op. It's a brave Mayhem player who passes his sit to the leadership now as both the d3m7 and Will O Baron accounts were dismissed and nobled rather than defended.

DeletedUser11866

08kQI11.gif

DeletedUser10156

That's all you have to say on the subject? Is that supposed to reassure your members? Oh and they do need reassuring Volkan. They have no faith in your leadership and they're all desperate to tell us

DeletedUser13232

There isn't really much to be said, he lied to try to save face for a shocking defensive performance tribe wide and then got called out on it by his own member. Be careful what you post in the support forums boys

DeletedUser360

So he was dismissed because he was being attacked. Both sides have agreed this, personally if I was leading tribes I wouldn't have players in the tribe that can't deal with attacks (if that's the case) or if he wasn't receiving support then Mayhem need to look at their tribe as a whole to find out why?

DeletedUser

I was being attacked.

I told my Duke 3 clear days before it landed.

My Duke told me directly he knew I was the target of a major OP 2 clear days before it landed

I got very poor tribal support, excluding a handful of players, 8 in total, 2 stars amongst them. Tribe had 71 members plus me.

I handled the incoming as best I could, I lost villages but I also killed a lot of nukes and nobles, reflected by my ODD rating.

I was always away for the weekend and logged on at 6am to work on the account and with more incoming sent the 1 person in a tribe you should be able to rely on to help me by finding someone to pass the sit to and to instruct a tribemate to take my smashed villages.

The Duke sat me for 33 minutes and dumped the sit. He didn't even message me to explain why, that's how much his members mean to him.

Then he lied to the tribe about the reasons.

How many hours did I put into that account, how much respect did he show me?

Mayhem need to look at only 1 account, I can tell you there are plenty of good players and people in the tribe, don't write them off because of 1 person.

DeletedUser13232

Mayhem need to look at only 1 account, I can tell you there are plenty of good players and people in the tribe, don't write them off because of 1 person.

there is no other tribe to go to if you are unhappy with mayhem because its pretty unlikely you'll get in war, and no one is gonna say anything to volkan because he'll dismiss them and they'll become another burger in a mayhem / war tug of war and end up on the rim on w21

DeletedUser12146

Lets face it, mayhem kicked Will because they was to late and too unorganised to defend him.
Personally i have an outside view as both enemy and ally with this player.

As far as I'm aware he still plays but basically had no choice due to mayhems leadership. Job well done i must say o.0

DeletedUser360

I handled the incoming as best I could, I lost villages but I also killed a lot of nukes and nobles, reflected by my ODD rating.

Yeah, because a high ODD rating suggests you handle incomings well. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: