W12 for pro's

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Wow, some of those are high!

Which is precisely why I don't have a lot of respect for the abilities of a lot of high ranked players at late-game. I by no means am claiming that all high ranked players that prefer late-game are bad players, but that I'm personally much more impressed by the small few that are high ranked both early on when nobling barbs and internalling won't usually get you top ranks and then continue to be high ranked during late-game rather than never being high ranked till late-game.

I might rarely play past startup/early-game, but when I do my accounts don't look like that. Last time I passed 100 villages I had 31 villages before ever nobling a barb or internal village, and at 100 villages had 4 barb conquers and 31 internals at 101 villages. Combined 35%. Admittedly somewhat high (though still lower than 6 of the top accounts here, and I counted things in my internal list that I didn't for anyone else because I know which villages were free despite not being the same tribe and counted them), but almost all of the internals came after crossing 50 villages because world hoppers started quickly quitting around then. Also worth noting IMO that it was a no morale world which made internalling more useful than otherwise because the villages could be used to build nukes in without actually weakening the offensive strength of my other villages by not affecting morale.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6603

I have to say, I am more than happy with the figure pangela has achieved, and I am sure he is too. Kinda shows that our methods work, fight thy enemy, dont get fat and happy on barbs and internals ;-)

DeletedUser

For nearly a fortnight, and as a baron, ou should have known bendit51 was co-duke when jonjo played

Sorry Isax, but he's right, there is a big difference to being given an account that had duke/baron status, and actually being a duke/Baron

for you to say you you were a duke and led too top 3, is plain lies.

you were a duke for about 3 days, until I found out that the original player (jonjo) had passed the account and was not actually co playing.

To try and claim any credit for leading the tribe that I (with a little help from a few others) have duked to Rank 1 is ludicrous.

DeletedUser6603

Dont worry chubbs, those with an ounce of intelligence will know the truth ;-)

DeletedUser

So the pro part of this threads title will always be debatable.

However for me players that reach mid game and late game obviously contribute more in terms of PP (assuming all players start all worlds) and the mid game players/tribes also seem to be more supportive of newer players.

So how to ensure that newer players and players more suited to mid and late game are able to get there?

Looking at the settings on 11 that increase as game play continues, this make the game more involved and skillful towards mid game could this be a good solution?

I have started 11 very late and so cant really tell yet, however I do know that it means that I only really have to be active 4 or 5 times a day, probably less if I had attack alerts on ect. Very handy for anyone that feels the need to work/go to school/spend time away from the laptop for any amout of time during start up.

So my real question is, do those that know better than me think that limited hauls is the way forward for all future worlds?

DeletedUser5942

Those that start the world at start up and play to win (i.e. from start up to as far as they can go) are one thing.

Those that play start-up to 'prove' (?) how good they are at start up and then quit are another.

Those that join later after start-up and go hell for leather trying to catch up and at least have a fighting chance are another.

I fail (obviously) to understand, how those who excel at start-up and then leave (notice that I did NOT use the word quit) have the gall to belittle those who perservere (SP?) Nauz - you have my respect for being part of TuTor on W7 who taught me heaps about start-up - as does (ahem cough big style) Ade... I suppose it all depends on what type of game you want to play. I just wish that, instead of belittling others that play a different style of game to yourself, you recognise that everyone is different, we all have our own gameplay, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - it's a game after all.

Having said that - bring on the Hyenas

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Those that start the world at start up and play to win (i.e. from start up to as far as they can go) are one thing.

Those that play start-up to 'prove' (?) how good they are at start up and then quit are another.

Those that join later after start-up and go hell for leather trying to catch up and at least have a fighting chance are another.

I fail (obviously) to understand, how those who excel at start-up and then leave (notice that I did NOT use the word quit) have the gall to belittle those who perservere

Except that's not at all the case.

I primarily play startup because I find it to be the most enjoyable stage of the game. I don't care about proving myself to anyone.

I've also never belittled anyone for not quitting early. I'd just stated on numerous occasions that those that those whom excelled at startup and then continued to play and continued to excel into late-game are a lot more deserving of respect than those whom were low ranked during startup and climbed ranks only by nobling villages which previously belonged to the players ranked far above themself who have since quit.

If player A is 1 and player B is rank 250 and player B nobles all of the villages formerly owned by player A after player A deletes and barbs out player B simply put not deserving of the same level of respect that player A was even if player B does become rank 1 after nobling all of player A's old villages.

DeletedUser

Although i do not agree with the whole 'i am pro i knowz how settings should be' i am really looking forward to world 12 as i find 11 a bit too slow with limited hauls.
Please, please announce world 12 and make it this month admin god people

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Although i do not agree with the whole 'i am pro i knowz how settings should be' i am really looking forward to world 12 as i find 11 a bit too slow with limited hauls.
Please, please announce world 12 and make it this month admin god people

It'll likely open in about three weeks. That's nothing but speculation based on the time between when previous worlds started though.

DeletedUser

yeah i just thought the world might open slightly earlier as alot of people had been asking it but meh 2/3 weeks i can wait

DeletedUser

read some of this topic but could not read all
what would i like to see ??
barbs 500
moral real painfull so smaller player stands a chance against a much bigger player
no pally no archers
tech 15 lev as w3 so you have to choose what you want
but a faster finish likw w7

DeletedUser8815

read some of this topic but could not read all
what would i like to see ??
barbs 500
moral real painfull so smaller player stands a chance against a much bigger player
no pally no archers
tech 15 lev as w3 so you have to choose what you want
but a faster finish likw w7

mate, the only reason w7 finished so quick is knk had the best dukes on the server running the tribe. Believe me, they did masses of work. Very little to do with world settings.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
mate, the only reason w7 finished so quick is knk had the best dukes on the server running the tribe. Believe me, they did masses of work. Very little to do with world settings.

The settings were not as negligible as you might believe. Namely tribe limit of 100 members makes worlds end faster than smaller tribe limits. It's obviously faster for 100 players to get 100% dominance than it is for 20 people.

DeletedUser

ok why dont u both join/restart in wd 11 see who comes out top lol I know where my money will be

or wait till next world so its random u have no idea what settings are at this time
(Edit - Did not see the page list hence the quote from page 1, and probably off topic post)

Can anyone make a educated guess at when world 12 will be opened, i would love to join a uk world but much prefer being in the core of the world so don't really want to start a existing world. (just us this account for speed when i have a free day)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It will probably be released some time around half way between when w11 was released and when w13 will be released.

Now that I've said that they'll prob go and release two at the same time just to spite me :|

DeletedUser

I think the settings for W11 are good, like has already been said .uk needs to encourage more players to come and stay at our servers, i do see the limited farming stopping player that join late from catching up to the players who started early. Or even players who get rimmed from making a good comeback. Overall i see a slower world, fairer for those who don't have the time to compete with players who spend their lives on here, but hindering those who start late.
Just my opinion, if anyone can give good tactics for those starting late feel free :p

DeletedUser10544

Some ideas for a world where the "better" player should be able to prove themselves

No pally weapons
- removes the luck of which weapon you discover

10 levels of Tech
- skill in knowing how to spend ressies

No co-playing
- I want to know if I am better than another player, not several together.
(Though I don't think that this is technically possible)

No sitting
- as above, I want to know if I am better than another player, not the brilliant sitter.
I believe that the majority of sitting is for tribes to hang on to villages when the original player wants to give up anyway.

No Barbs (only abandons)
- removes the starting position luck.
(might also reduce the number of multi-starters)

I also believe that the better players should not need to pick on beginners or far less active players, so ...
1 month beginner Protection
Morale time based
No launching of attacks at night (or possibly defender gets 100% bonus against any attack launched at night)
- note that this is different than the normal night bonus as it avoids getting up in the morning to find that you have 1 minute to defend your village

No churches
- I don't like them