W12 for pro's

DeletedUser6603

The settings were not as negligible as you might believe. Namely tribe limit of 100 members makes worlds end faster than smaller tribe limits. It's obviously faster for 100 players to get 100% dominance than it is for 20 people.

I take your point Nauz, but in KnK's case we generally hovered around the 40-45 mark for most of our time on W7. There were times it went up and down (for example we finished with just 37 members, and I can remember us being around the 65-70 mark in the early days), but I doubt the 100 member limit had that much of an effect on W7. Ive always believed that the optimal number is somewhere between 30 and 40, as long as those players are all active and contributing to the tribe.

Sorry for going off topic ;-)

DeletedUser

Some ideas for a world where the "better" player should be able to prove themselves
I also believe that the better players should not need to pick on beginners or far less active players, so ...
1 month beginner Protection
Morale time based
Agree with all of it except that.
1 month beginner protection is a bit much? Imagine starting out on that world, no barbs and can't even attack players nearby, farming is completely out of the question, startup would be incredibly slow :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Personally I would find that boring. The thrill of the game comes from attacking players and a month of no attacking is just too long in my eyes.

DeletedUser

Personally I would find that boring. The thrill of the game comes from attacking players and a month of no attacking is just too long in my eyes.

Agreed.
Besides, speed rounds are good for quick matches and have varying game settings for this kind of stuff.

DeletedUser

It will probably be released some time around half way between when w11 was released and when w13 will be released.

Now that I've said that they'll prob go and release two at the same time just to spite me :|

don't forget the classic round. that might make it closer to UK13 than UK11

DeletedUser

don't forget the classic round. that might make it closer to UK13 than UK11
But if uk12 is offset in it's release then that could have an affect on uk13, pushing it back too..making it nearer to the middle again...

DeletedUser

But if uk12 is offset in it's release then that could have an affect on uk13, pushing it back too..making it nearer to the middle again...

no because assuming there is evenly spaced intervals between worlds (including classic) we would have

UK11
Classic
UK12
UK13

of which UK12 is closer to UK13 than UK11 (comes half-way between classic and UK13)

DeletedUser

I believe a mod came out and said Classic isn't being released instead of uk12. Meaning that uk12s release will just be slightly delayed rather than be another world away.

DeletedUser

I believe a mod came out and said Classic isn't being released instead of uk12. Meaning that uk12s release will just be slightly delayed rather than be another world away.

well worlds come out roughly every 3 months. the last 1 was in november so the next one should be out around now then

DeletedUser

We can only speculate right now, i suppose nobody really knows. All we can do is sit with our fingers crossed and keep busy with current worlds we're playing :)

DeletedUser3371

There seems to be a big call , or at least a growing 1 for those whom wish to play solo to have a reasonable chance to compete. Playing my first world with a co (classic) ... that I have kept for longer than a week has made it more enjoyable in lots of ways but I also understand finding the right co isn't easy and I usually like to play solo if settings allow.

The only way I think a world could be made more solo friendly would be to increase night bonus by a large factor , say , 10 , 20 or even 50 times the normal and if possible include barbs and bonus villas to have the same def. rating.

Effectively , it will shut down all farming for 8 hrs and put a number of players from other time zones or that play through the night, as I often do, at a serious disadvantage but it is the UK server and that is still a reasonable period of down time.

I would like it to be coupled with a 2 speed , and 0.5 troops speed to off set the slower start up due to reduced incomes but knowing your opponent must attack when you stand a reasonable chance of being on line will hopefully be seen as an added incentive to those who like challenge.

If time permitted I would certainly like to try this and I think it would also be a big draw for the school going players as well.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The higher the world speed the more necessary it is to co-play, not the other way around. Wanting speed 2 so you can play solo makes no sense at all.

Not to mention that the "stronger" night bonus is a bad idea for a varied number of reasons.

Primarily that night bonus raises the strength of the defending troops. Troopless villages would still have '0' defense. (0 * 50 is unsurprisingly still 0.)

The other huge flaw is that as is I can attack you with a noble train that lands right before night bonus to discourage you from backtiming it in case you manage to split it. The key word is discourage, you can still do it as is, you can possibly even clear me if you choose to do so, were night bonus as strong as you're requesting though you'd no longer have that option and all ops would be times to land so that the troops returned during night bonus for this reason.

DeletedUser

The other huge flaw is that as is I can attack you with a noble train that lands right before night bonus to discourage you from backtiming it in case you manage to split it. The key word is discourage, you can still do it as is, you can possibly even clear me if you choose to do so, were night bonus as strong as you're requesting though you'd no longer have that option and all ops would be times to land so that the troops returned during night bonus for this reason.

Well then it would encourage players to learn how to snipe? I don't think he meant to come across as wanting to make the game easier, just more fair. I think he has some good idea for making the game more fair (especially for solo players).

DeletedUser

I hope I won't come in and topple this conversation like a ton of bricks but I'd also like to give my opinions on this. You see, I've played on both the 'Limited Hauls' and the world without this setting enabled. To be honest here, things are more realistic with the 'limited hauls' setting enabled. It prevents a 'big' gap being created between players. Furthermore, if you think about it as well... the .uk server doesn't neccessarily only have those living in the UK playing; it's a variety and so the limited hauls allows players to loot their share of resources as well from a farm. It does make sense.

DeletedUser

I think the limited hauls is a good setting to balance play, as obviously some (like me) don't sit on our asses farming all day. That being said i think it is too limiting, i'd much rather see the starting haul limit at say 30k capping at 1mil per day or something like that, people would still be able to farm a fair bit , but not a ridiculous amount giving them a huge lead on others

DeletedUser8815

I have said this before but I will say it again. I understand that it is impossible to prevent coplaying without restricting the user to a single ip address. So a good solution would be to remove the advantage that coplayers have. TW have tried this with limited haul worlds and it works to a degree, but yet an account can still be watched 24/7 which means you do not have to make so much defence as dodging and backtiming become key skills. So the coplayer still gets an advantage.

The only way to make it truly fair, is to limit the time that an account can be online in any 24 hour period. I would suggest 3 hours as a good limit. Means that guys working and going to school will still be able to get in their 3 hours. The 3 hours need not be taken all at once, could be 10 minutes here and half an hour there etc. This would give a greater incentive towards defending your villages rather than go all out offensive as the fast growing 24/7 accounts tend to be. It would also introduce a new skill of time management, do i spend my time farming or should i go for nobling or building villages. Good for tw too as more players would get account manager.

I would also amend the sitting rule too. It was originally created so that holiday cover could be arranged and it should revert back to that. The way to do that is to set minimum sitting time to (say) 3 days, but of course the sitter could not spend more than the 3 hours per day on the account.