W3 Interviews - Discussion

DeletedUser

If this is going to be a continuous thing, would like to maybe see/offer (up to you all) a stickied and locked Interview Thread for all the interviews for viewing purposes and this one for interview discussion...?

BTW another great interview, but to be honest I like the layout of Acheron's a little better, makes it a tad easier to read. None the less, nice job!!

DeletedUser8800

very brief summary lol
my barb nobeling first seven villas were barbs 2 big barbs, then next 178 villas all players then started barb munching and getting internalled
word 3 saddest moment and best memory, chesty leaving, and the start of the war with 300 when i nobled loads of villas in the first week and got banned from nobleling anymore, guess who banned me acheron lol [ do you remember that mate lol ]
also i said if ach leaves world 3 i would now i see him as the last of the mohicans lol
i think they should make cheaper nobles and do away with night bonus
this is a very quick summary for people who didnt read it all lol

DeletedUser5582

If this is going to be a continuous thing, would like to maybe see/offer (up to you all) a stickied and locked Interview Thread for all the interviews for viewing purposes and this one for interview discussion...?

BTW another great interview, but to be honest I like the layout of Acheron's a little better, makes it a tad easier to read. None the less, nice job!!

lol I lost cool points I didn;t even know I had!?!

Yes there will be a few more interviews going up so if you want to sticky those and keep this thread for the "lets deduct cool points from Jo" thread that would be great!

DeletedUser8856

i think they should make cheaper nobles and do away with night bonus
this is a very quick summary for people who didnt read it all lol

Do away with Night Bonus ?
Agree with the cheaper Nobles though

DeletedUser

All regional servers have night bonus, if you do not want it play on .net

DeletedUser

If the interviewer...notice there is 2 of yall (need to decide who will interview or if yall will take turns?) can please mail me so we can iron out some things and we can set up a stickied thread...?

DeletedUser

If the interviewer...notice there is 2 of yall (need to decide who will interview or if yall will take turns?) can please mail me so we can iron out some things and we can set up a stickied thread...?

I got a private message from DaOscar another forum Mod about doing that same thing.

I'm in the middle of another interview with another member of TFF, hoping they will be done in the next day or so.

Feel from to PM me with any questions /guidlines / thoughts you may have, this interviewing thing is fun.

-Acheron1

DeletedUser5528

Finally the interview with Angelbear (leader of REV)! Note this was done over many days as (mainly me) was being slack whilst she fended off Reggie and ran a pub! Go Angel

Hiya,

Ok well lets see how we get on with this! So a few to start!

Your IGN is Angelbear so tell me why you chose that and keep it on every world you play?

IGN - Angelbear. This was created from 2 things related to myself. A) I run a pub called The Angel & B) My RL partner [player]Bear61[/player] is known by the nickname "The Bear". Put together, it sounded ok!

Tell us one thing about you that very few know...!

I even take my laptop on holiday with me to keep an eye on things rather than set a sitter. I even cruised around the Baltic capitals and managed to organise and execute an op. Now thats dedication or sheer madness!
I see W3 was your first world (same for me!) so what on earth got you into TW and do you regret starting it?

You've played W4, 5, 6 and 7 with varying degrees of success so what made you leave those worlds and keep going on W3? How did being in other tribes affect your gameplay here on W3? Who was the best tribal leader you have had and why?

W3 was my 1st world on TW UK but did previously play on TW NET for a year or so then quit completely when it took over my life!! My partner started back playing on UK server and persuaded me to join in again & I cant seem to quit again now....even though it has taken over far too much of my life again! I dont regret starting TW but Im sure plenty of people do.A) I have tried the other worlds when they started but quit within a short space of time. The settings seemed to be so slow, or I just couldnt or wouldnt get the hang of that Churchy thing.
B) Being on other worlds didnt really affect how I played W3 but did feel a little torn when W3 tribe members were in other tribes on the other worlds & we were being ordered to attack them. It also felt strange working with people you were enemies with on this world!!
C) Have only had 2 leaders and didnt think much of either of them. I respected a couple of larger players in there more e.g Grimbeast, Drxes, Tribal Warrior 2 & the original Necaras.

I see you founded your Tribe so what made you do this, then leave and form Apple Pie and then return to REV?

I founded Rev originally because the tribe I was originally in (Creed 2) was about to disband & a couple of us discussed making our own tribe. I was just the 1st to actually hit the "create a new tribe" button! I disbanded the tribe because the tribe Core threatened to take us out, a deal was struck where the larger members joined them and the rest would be left alone. Within a week of joining they started attacking the remaining members so we left & reformed Rev. Core broke up eventually & some joined Egg & Old School who we declared war on with just 8 members! Anyway, we are still here & have a good core of members who have been here from the start or very near to.

Ok so we have the birth of REV and its growth into the third largest tribe on W3. So what's been the hardest thing along the way to deal with?

Building up the barbs we took by the bucketload!! We started from scratch when there were larger tribes around us that were allready established. We decided to take barbs close together in certain areas so we could support each other quickly & continued to expand in this way.

When REV was growing and dominating its area which tribe/player caused you guys the most grief and were pleased to see the back of?

The tribe Egg mainly. Mostly because they didnt care for anyone in their way of expanding. Hypermobility caused us the most grief, I remember him gloating that he had only ever lost 1 village and saying he wouldnt lose another so I made it my mission to have 1 & I did. He never forgave our tribe for that I think & made the tribe council of Splosh declare war on us whilst their leader was away. I did manage to take another couple off him towards the end of his reign and we did make up before he quit!

Do you enjoy being the Duchess or would prefer to be a minion?

Do I enjoy being Duchess? Is the Pope catholic?....I enjoy it but I do get too involved. I think im quite easy going on the leading front but it seems to work and we muddle along! Wouldnt do it again though.

Which player have you had that has made you laugh the most and why?

A player we had - Lonewolfer. He was young & foreign & had the attitude of "kill them all" whatever the situation. All my members have a good sense of humour except for [player]bear61[/player] who is like a bear with a sore head!

What is the most embarrassing thing you've done on W3 or do you wish to keep that quiet?!!

Ummm, friendly fire on my own members villages instead of supporting them. Ive done that a few times!

Is there a player that you wish you;d never invited and why?

No-one. Any member I invited was wanted at the time. Im glad ive got every single one of them.

Who is the hardest opponent you have been up against?

CdrCool from the past was a good player and I lost a few villages to him. He seemed to outwit me often and always had back-up support landing in villages he took almost straight away! Recently, I would say [player]Reggie Boy[/player] - he is a good player & a nice chap to talk to. I cant be doing with players that have no sense of humour & wont reply to mails!

We had the recent poll for Give Ed Cheaper Nobles which was very close at the end? Give us your views as to what you thought before the vote (guessing you were a no voter) and what your thoughts are now?

I was a NO voter and would still vote NO. I had the view that the smaller members would be wiped out much easier and quicker if cheaper nobles came into force & I still think that now. I know cheaper nobles would benefit smaller players too but not as much as the larger ones.

Finally! Give us your funniest moment on W3 and the saddest?

Funniest moment - getting mail from one of my smaller members who is no longer playing saying she was going to take out (original)Necaras....she had 6 villages and he had hundreds. She did send all her attacking troops at him and he mailed me asking what the hell she was doing. I did smooth it over and he sent back somefake attacks which scared the living daylights out of her and I did have a good laugh with Necaras over it. Most of my members arent afraid to give it a go even if they lose everything.

Saddest Moment - When any of my members leave the game as its usually the last I hear off them. I was also quite sad when Grimbeast & TW2 left too as they were good guys & players. I still follow Grimbeast on Facebook and we say hello now and again.

OK this is latest interview for us to discuss. Thanks Jo.

Layout was much better in this one I thought. A good insight into Angelbear. Good questions delivered well and some interesting answers.

Nice interview Jo and Angelbear.

DeletedUser8800

alot easier to read i admit
fantastic read got alot of time for angelbear

DeletedUser8782

Yh i also like the new layout and the interview was pretty good, can realter to alot of what angle said aswell even though i have never been in the same tribe as her i was around that area and was Co'ing hyper at the time when hyp said that to her, also grim and TW2 where pretty good guys and good players so overall a good interview now go do the UK6 ones :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser5582

Hylander79 Interview

1. Tell us a little about yourself, any personal information you’d like to share with us? What if any other hobbies do you partake in?

I am a 32 yrs old - Head of Geography at at an FE college in Cornwall, specializing in A levels and IB. (and no, I dont have leather arm patches on a suede jacket) My job gives me the chance to see world. I have been on fieldtrips to Toronto (5 years in a row), Iceland, Morocco, and also Swaziland in Southern Africa.

The Swaziland trip is a new one and it also has seen me take up the reins as one of the unofficial 'directors' of our colleges Swaziland charity, which helps to support Aids orphans in a poor rural community in Eastern Swaziland. Very rewarding.....

On a personal note, I am married with 2 kids. Spare time is mostly spent with family & following/playing football (huge Arsenal fan - nobody comment on the title, it is a touchy subject!)

2. Tell us a little about your name, what does it mean, where did it come from, what’s the meaning behind it?

My name comes from my RL surname 'Hyland' - the 79 part is the year I was born. It is also tenously linked to the classic movie 'The Highlander' - "there can be only one"

Note - I am not Scottish - just want to make that clear ;)

3. How did you come to the Tribal Wars game?

I was one of those that just clicked on a random link on a website a couple of years ago, I never played online games before but 2 years later and I am still here.

4. Tell us a little about your history in TW? Tribes you were in.

Started the game on W1, then had accounts on W2 & 3. Playing 3 accounts was a tall order time wise so eventually ditched the other 2 to focus on W3. Like all players, when I started on W1 (Tribe history included Gacos & TEA) I was fairly clueless (a proper noob some might say), but soon learnt the basics and the rest they say, is history.

On W3 I started in the South west somewhere, but soon got nobled out by one of those agressive 'new world' pros (you know the type - dont sleep, multiple players, scripts galore...) - was still fairly new to the game at this point. Then formed a tribe with Tobytyke and Schrodingers Cat called H1N1 - Global Pandemic before merging into Death.

5. How do you see the War with TFF and Death coming along? Give me your opinion of TFF so far, their leadership, their ops, their team work, Brutal honestly please.

Hmm, this is an interesting one. It would be very easy for me to sit here and get all bullish, stating that 'Death will win the war' and the 'tide has turned' etc etc. But, whilst I do think that we have done well in recent weeks, you need to look at these things pragmatically. I still think that there are going to be periods of highs and lows for both tribes.

I know that both tribes have had their issues with internals and inactives. Would I be right in saying that TFF still have lots of accounts being sat - which might be hindering them somewhat. (but I dont know what is really going on over there)

TFF clearly are a good tribe, they would not be ranked #1 if they were not. But I dont actually know the players well enough to pass comment, I tend to keep myself to myself and tend not to get involved in pinging mails back and forth with 'the enemy'.

Also, just want to add here, that anybody who plays/sits multiple accounts has my utmost respect - big task, hats off to you.

6. You are currently ranked #4. What do you believe you owe your success to? What’s your strategy if you can share?

I am now #5...Reggie boy has been on a mission! No real secret, build nukes, use them, build defenses, use them, build nobles, use them. Simple really.

7. Tell us a little about your village names, where do you get them and what do they mean?

My first village was H1N1. I named it just after the swine flu outbreak. Thought it was quite amusing at the time and it just went on from there. I am now running out of infectious diseases so have had to think of some other names. I tend to go for something topical (Eg Fukushima) or something that has meaning to me (Eg Shewula - the Swaziland community that I help).

8. You joined TFE after Death disbanded a while back. How was that experience, what was going through your head during that time?

I was only in TFE for a day or so, so was unable to really get any great insights into their inner workings. At the time I went there thinking it was what the majority of Death would do, thinking that the relationship with SPQR was beyond repair. How wrong I was. I soon saw the light :)

It is amazing how an online game and something as simple as changing tribes can really mess your head up

9. How did you come to join Death? Who contacted you and is there a story behind it?

I think that the main contact was between Chesty (god rest his soul) and Schrodingers Cat (who was in H1N1 with me). We then, as a tribe, decided that the move would be in the best interests for all of us.

10. What do you think of how Death Operates?

Death has (nearly) always been very well run. Chesty and now Ach have been real rocks at the head of the tribe. The new additions to Death (the active SPQR players) have always breathed new life into the tribe. The only way is up from here :)

11. Do you get a sense that there is a lot of Altruism in TFF or has that changed lately with some of your latest conquers and seeing support coming?

For a while I wondered what was going on as I had taken 10+ villages from R1zla in my most recent burst and had not seen any incoming support. Then, all of a sudden, the villages are stacked to high heaven, and the last one that I took had 26 incomings of support from 4 or 5 different players. But like I said earlier, it is a war of attrition that will be full of highs and lows like this.

12. And for your final question, I leave in your hands, is there anything you’d like to tell us about your TW experiences? A funny situation, a great battle or something that stands out that you’d like to share with us?

Nothing really to add. I hope that I have answered all the above questions fully and that people read them and appreciate them.

very good read. Good player too just too chatty on the forums so very good to get a little insight!

DeletedUser5582

SuicideD Interview

1. Tell us a little about yourself, any personal information you’d like to share with us? What if any other hobbies do you partake in?

Probably one of the old men that lurks about in the WWW. Married 2 children and trying to get a job. Love fishing and the great outdoors as found it really relaxing after spending all day in the office/pub. Do a lot of reading whilst fishing as I catch ‘not a lot’. Enjoy messing on the computer but no good in multiplayer games as I’m senile and the kids shoot me before I realise where I am.

2. How did you come about your IGN?

My name is Edward but everyone except my mum in law calls me Eddie. Thats the end bit and the first bit is because I have such a happy attitude to life.....

3. You are currently ranked #2, are you aiming for the #1 spot?

Would be nice but think the gaps too big and have no nobles. (Would like to thank all those that voted ‘No’ for cheaper packets as I still have to spend all day farming)

4. Do you have anyone in mind in Death that you’d like to go up against?

I suppose now TB27 has left (pass him my best wishes if anyone knows him) it looks like Mondeao as he’s a pain in the arse to try and fool. Even if you succeed you can bet there’s a noble landing within 1 second ......

5. You’ve been in 3 tribes, can you tell me a little bit about your experiences during your startup phase of the game and how you’ve managed to survive this long?

As you can tell the first two were a waste of time. Myself, The Dan and Grumpy Lad were on UK1 together. Near the end of that we went on our own against che, hence TFF which stood for The Final Few. We started here a long way from each other, restarted and then still found it too far so we persuaded The Dan to form a tribe and we joined it. Start up is firstly been near barbs so you can farm as much as possible. Grow and then farm anyone near you. With luck it works. If they are stubborn cat them to death....

6. Is there an ending point for you in this game sometime? How much is enough? You have over 10 Million points. Are you in it for the long run? ie end of the war and UK3 declares a winner?

I quit once and came back for some unknown reason. However with luck I will get a job and then I’m afraid that has to come first. Till then I’ll stay and try but would like the finishing post to appear.

7. Are you getting tired of Internals like the rest of us?

Yes afraid so. It’s a lot harder work than it should be and I don’t know but maybe in a future version that they’ll consider some easier way to do it
8. What’s your opinion of Death since the war started? Have we(Death) lived up to our reputation?

Afraid where I was never really had any Death near me so hadn’t come across Death. Also to find us (no disrespect to the other tribes) fighting it out at the end would have never been thought of in a million years. We all understand now it’s a game so the uber cockiness has mostly now left this world (Jo we apologise for,hehehhehe). Wish you’d limit those stacks to say 50/50 please, my poor nukes.

9. I’ve read multiple opinions about how long this war will take, but I’ve recently done some math and at the rate we’re going, this war could take upwards of 10 years to finish if we continue our current rate of nobling each other. With 19,000 villages in TFF and almost 13,000 in death, at our current rate of 95 days into this war and aprox 200 villages separate us in terms of conquers against each side, it comes out to around 10 years, plus the distance factor, TFF and Death are still so far apart in some areas, folks will need to move into other Continents, anchor themselves down and. So that tells me that this war will end when players get tired and quit, what are your thoughts on this war so far?

Its already showing that people are quitting, some because of RL but also I think that as you point out, where is the end. As The PowerII suggested maybe a football match in no mans land to decide it. Hopefully all tribes can raise 11 players.....

10. What brings you to log in every day and Play this game? How did you come about it in the first place? Do you have any other world experience?

It passes the time and don’t want to let the others down if possible as they have all worked hard to get to this position. Can’t quiet remember how but it was probably one of those banner adverts and just got absorbed into it. Only played UK1 for about a year but prefer this for the no church especially.

11. What do you enjoy about Tribal Wars? Do you have any memories you’d like to share about something you were so happy to see happen?

I did enjoy the abusive mails and then you knew they were rattled. I was especially proud when a player named his village ‘Suicided has a small *****’. Couldn’t complain as the truth hurts.

12. Do you like the social aspect along with the conquer of an enemy as much as the rest of us?

I’ve chatted with some really good laugh players and yes that’s a reason to log on. If they were boring numpties I wouldn’t bother playing. Trying to think up ways of winding up The Dan is always a pleasure.

13. Are you as addicted to this game as others? I mean, If I’m not in front of my PC, I have my Droid X with me tagging and sending nukes, are you this bad as well?

I have a £20 nokia which does what it’s meant for, ie make and receive phone calls. I was there watching the moon landing so these new fangled gizmos are witchcraft to me. Spend too much time on the computer and that’s another reason to get out and about.

14. And lastly, thanks for taking the time for this interview, is there anything you’d like to add, a message you would like to state anything at all?

The Dan, Are you sure you’re not slightly feminine?

And thank you to Acheron1 and all the others trying to keep the forums a laugh and alive.

another good read though was curious if Ed has fixed his lawn problems yet! Was very Ed like those responses so good to see and he did this whilst taking villas off the interviewer which was a bonus!

Maybe Ed can multi task :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

another good read though was curious if Ed has fixed his lawn problems yet! Was very Ed like those responses so good to see and he did this whilst taking villas off the interviewer which was a bonus!

Maybe Ed can multi task :icon_eek:

lol, Jo, Ed did no such thing ..I'm afraid your wrong. Nor did any account he was sitting or may have had access to.

Your sort of C**P is really starting to turn me off to these forums...I start to cringe when I see you've replied to a post...