We Broke the Rules

DeletedUser

We Regrettably Attacked The Horde. Had you going there for a minute I did...

f(4c) = 41:0d:42 (616|536) K56 6,985 symo12 [Death}] Pi3.243 [Jungle] 29th Jan 2010 - 23:06:03
f(4a) = 41:0d:4e (617|538) K56 9,129 symo12 [Death}] Pi3.243 [Jungle] 29th Jan 2010 - 09:53:49

We decided to take life by the horns and refused to heed their warnings. The response? The Wrath of 600 fakes and a few noble "trains" were unleashed upon wee little Pi3.243. What is there to do. What can be said?

I know!

I'll tell you a story! Stories are fun after all. This would be the story of an experience. A traumatic one at that. It was a very important experience I would say. Majorly important might be the word? We experienced a Major Trauma if you will.

I'll explain. You see, we were eating a welcoming feast in one of Pi3.243's newly purchased rental properties when all of the sudden we were besieged by people of all shapes and sizes. Their intentions? To ask us not to attack the horde. (Getting the theme yet?). They feared that if we attacked the horde, those in the horde might be in danger. An interesting concept we had not contemplated upon until this point. We decided to take several of them up on their offers, and so, a dastardly plot was schemed by a great many in hopes of self preservation (they were hoping to remain anonymous). They would unleash the full Wrath of "Death" upon us. Well, by us I mean Pi3.243. Little did they know that their little scheme had been given to us almost since it's conception. The plot?

[COLOR=Black]MajorTrauma[/COLOR] said:
Rough Plan

The tribe stacks frontline villas over the next few days. Particularly [village]631|555[/village] which should have enough Def. to handle a couple of Nukes.

S-Cat uses 2 Nukes + 5 Nobles to have his own personal war with [village]649|556[/village].

[player]MajorTrauma[/player] sends a fake train to [village]644|547[/village].

[player]Alex43[/player] Nukes [village]644|547[/village] just before MT's fake train.

MT's fake train has enough Cats to take the farm down to level 1. Lol. Having weakened this Villa we can Noble it the next day or another convenient time.

[player]Chestycles[/player] and [player]Ferrero[/player] use 2 Nukes and 5 Nobles on [village]646|557[/village].

[player]Charmer137[/player] and [player]James946[/player] use 2 Nukes and 5 Nobles on [village]635|553[/village].

Squad 1 hits [player]Namaz[/player] at the same time.

Once all his support is gone they also pwn [player]Gaspar[/player].

And interspersed with all this are enough ram fakes and fake sword supports to crash the TW servers.

Now of course as he said, the plan was rather rough. That didn't stop them from fleshing out more details and promptly telling us the plan. You see, there were two plans. The first was to attack one wee little lad with everything at their disposal. The second was to smash all of Death's troopies on a rather tasty collection of rather largely stacked villages. See, we were informed of their little game almost since the start. In fact, we had a hand in planning it. We're nice like that.

So, they have their plan. They have their troops. All there is to do now is enact said plan right? And so they did. But they gave it to us first of course. :icon_wink:

MajorTrauma on 29.01. at 12:10
09:20 on Saturday 30 January

At 09:20 Everyone starts sending fake trains to the Pi targets. This should give him a massive amount of Incomings to sort through and hopefully hide the launch of our Nobles.

We have three main attack teams and they are to co-ordinate amongst themselves to land their attacks at roughly 23:50 Saturday night. They are to hit with 3 to 4 Nuke+Noble Combos and 5 Nobles in total (all to land within a few seconds of each other) to each target to ensure we take them in one hit.

Everyone else in the tribe must send more fake trains to Pi targets to land sometime between 23:47 and 23:53 on Saturday night to disguise the landing times of the main attacks.

Use the Attack Planner to figure out when you are to launch.

A "Fake" is 1 Ram or Cat. A "Fake Train" is Five fakes in rapid succession.

Also everyone is to send a Support Fake to each of the Pi targets timed to arrive at 23:55.

A "Support Fake" is 1 Sword or 1 Spear or 1 HC.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING BEFORE 09:20 ON SATURDAY 30th
After 09:20 you can go crazy on the fake attacks, real attacks, scouts etc.

Stacking of our Frontline Villas

[village]594|551[/village]
[village]595|548[/village]
[village]597|548[/village]
[village]596|553[/village]
[village]597|556[/village]
[village]598|559[/village]
[village]616|536[/village]
[village]631|555[/village]

Are our frontline villas that need stacking.

Please send a few hundred spears and swords/HC to as many of these Villas as you can and send it Now!

And so now we are here. Begging forgiveness for our meager attempts at transgression toward the dubiously delightful and dutifully trustworthy collection of terrestrial corporeals that compose Death. (How are we doing Chestycles?)

Chestycles today at 17:27
I will trade you many many more shiny words if you tell me who tells you things about us so i can tell them that their game has come to an end :)

treachery lol

Perhaps this story went a wee bit tangential, so we'll go back to a similar topic. Our Major Trauma. See, there was one plan we didn't plan. It might actually accomplish something sadly. (I am trying to be modest. Is it working?) You see, there was one who wished troops not to smash villages not relying on the local McDonalds for food. Sadly, we were also forewarned, and continually apprised of their success (or in this case lack-there-of).

So now I give you...

RedRav said:
This is concerning Namaz's villas in the north part of K56

I felt like we have to get some movement on plans for Namaz in this region.

I am no warlord by any means so am just starting the plan with rough-stimates!
Tactictoe and others (MT too, but i know you are organising Pi attacks) feel free to add.

the way i see it, Nz has two bunches of villas on this part and i propose the following in the loose form:

[village]634|525[/village] - he has at least 6/7 local villas to this one and i reckon [player]belstars[/player] and his squad 3 should prepare attacks around there. Belstars i am sure can fill in from here...

[village]631|511[/village] - he has about 10/11 villas around here a i reckon this should be for [player]Nina29[/player] and her squad 1 who should take care of these villas.
Re this, me and [player]jon124[/player] are ideally placed and i suggest we have our squad TOTALLY stack out our villas here with defence so we can launch attacks from here without losing the front line. also the rest of our squad are quite far away so i would expect Nz only to attack these villas that jon and i have near here - this way we can hopefully wipe all Nz's local nukes and just concentrat on attacking him.
my concern is that my nearest villa to him it will take 3.5 hrs by axe to land and of course with ram it will take longer - my hefty nukes are some 10/11hours away by axe. all other members in my squad will have similar if not longer times than this to attack with nukes. iwould expect my nearest 2 nukes to more or less die on impact (their idea is just to reduce his defence).
so we have to start planning this if we are to successfully get the job done.
i havent mentioned nobles yet and of course when they are factored in times will be much longer - so we have to anticipate Nz to have plenty time to keep stacking his villas.

How should we do this - are we all (squad 1) going to send attacks together to certain key villages he has there or are we going to concentrate on taking his villas out one by one.

i have a noble train nearby to him and as i have suggested i want others to noble him. BUT, how do we guarantee by the time other nobles have a arrived he wouldnt have stacked or do we just try to get he villas nobled as quickly as can be. of course our members can set off their nobles earlier on with nukes and we can hope that me a jon can help keep the loyalty down - but that leaves a big window of expectation.

Need some assistance as to how we should organise this.

Now the story has become a novel, and kudos to any who've managed to bear with me through this tale. Lord knows I won't be spending the time to proofread this, so instead I'll leave dear Death with two options. This option goes to any who honestly thought their little plan was intended for them to succeed. For those hapless souls we give you a choice. We are nice enough guys. We'll let you leave your tribe and scatter to the wind. We'll even probably let you keep your villages. Or you can continue following a pack of leaders interested in self-appointed titles of grandeur and attempts toward self-preservation. Your choice, though option one will not stay there for long.

Now for a present. We all enjoy presents right? Chestycles wished for me to reveal the name of those deceiving him, so we shall give him one. Well actually, we already did. Remember that Traumatic Experience I told you about? That was it. As has been shown in the past, we don't like leaders who betray their tribe. Regardless of how much it may benefit us. So dear Chestycles, enjoy your present and minor self-proclaimed victories. They will not last much longer. We have even decided on a new name, just for you. Because we're clearly running away from our repeated pathetic losses as Jungle.

DeletedUser5450

i don't see why your bragging??? you had to use a spy to give you the edge in an impending war - a low blow in my opinion.
what happens when you don't have said spy? would you fall with ease?

DeletedUser

i don't see why your bragging??? you had to use a spy to give you the edge in an impending war - a low blow in my opinion.

Bragging? Alas, this seems to be the recurring rebuttle both here and via the in-game mail I sent to every Death member apprising them of the situation.

You seem to be of the misguided belief that we needed spies. Quite frankly that is not the case. As has been proven in the past, we've destroyed tribes without spies. Spies merely make it easy. Especially when they are the leaders of their tribe.

I merely informed dear Death of the allegiances of a great many of it's members and leaders. Why should one follow a leader who has no faith in their own tribe?

DeletedUser

I am new to the forums (and tribalwars in general), and the quality of this piece is amazing. It continued to make me smile right the way through it. Very similar to the comedian Stewart Lee. Clever and funny at the same time. Kudos!

DeletedUser

Amazing? Clever? Funny? Reminds me of a smug, self-satisfied git.

One who would be a nobody if it weren't for their inside information.

DeletedUser

Is this how these forums function and operate? I mean, 'da topic owner knows how to pull all you guys strings. I think y'all need a reality check and realise that this is a game. And if you're going to flame; at least do it properly. I mean, that was a complete failure, right?

DeletedUser

As I told you before ferrero. I don't need your inside information. We can do just fine on our own. Information just makes things easier. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

As I told you before ferrero. I don't need your inside information. We can do just fine on our own. Information just makes things easier. :icon_wink:

Yeh, it's a good tactic/strategy.

Considering this is a strategy game, wouldn't it make sense to play it strategically?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Er, yes you do. Because you sure don't know how to work together as a tribe. I've proved that when I nobled one of your members a few weeks after starting, and none of your tribe lifted a finger.

If it wasn't for your spy then you'd have lost several villas today. Even you can't deny that.

You say this is a game, well why cheat? If you're better than us then why not play honourably, relying on teamwork and tactical acumen?

DeletedUser

Er, yes you do. Because you sure don't know how to work together as a tribe. I've proved that when I nobled one of your members a few weeks after starting, and none of your tribe lifted a finger.

If it wasn't for your spy then you'd have lost several villas today. Even you can't deny that.

You say this is a game, well why cheat? If you're better than us then why not play honourably, relying on teamwork and tactical acumen?

You nobled a player who started significantly after you while you had 4 times the villages he did. Yeah, you're a stud.

You are assuming an awful lot there, aren't you? That's like saying if you'd sent more nukes today you'd have nobled villages. The fact of the matter is whether we would have or wouldn't have succeeded is indeterminate. Your op failed miserably. To say the spy wholly accounted for that is impossible. There seems to be a phrase about woulda couldas and shouldas, then a did somewhere... I'll use something a bit less inspirational. Get over it.

Last I checked, subterfuge was not against the rules. As one of your tribemates illustriously put it...

King Bean today at 01:02
or because you're a schoolgirl?

please - i'm hoping you're a grown up - act like it instead of pretending you're anything other than someone playing on a computer....

He seems to have a pretty nice idea... You were betrayed, get over it.

DeletedUser5450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrero

Is this how these forums function and operate? I mean, 'da topic owner knows how to pull all you guys strings. I think y'all need a reality check and realise that this is a game. And if you're going to flame; at least do it properly. I mean, that was a complete failure, right?

honestly - discord may have rattled a few, but i doubt his mail would have had much affect. its all mind games, everyone knows most of what he has said is just a load of codswallop. discord is threatened by death - otherwise why go to the trouble? - this also apply's to your "its just a game" comment! discord the poor sad person, must have spent ages on that piece, and what has it achieved? not much.

i guess the next few weeks will tell discord? put your nukes where your mouth is, and we'll see what you got!

DeletedUser5426

As i said to you in your mail Discord , what you did was underhanded and we would have taken from you had you not known the information from whatever undesirable you have in our tribe. In saying that also the attacks today were focused upon the consortium of players know as Pi3 and Namaz you were untouched however that was yesterday this is today , no longer will we post trustingly our plans we shall trim up and ship out and head to the port of Discord. I thank you and your tribe for what we have now learnt.

All the best in the coming days :)

DeletedUser

Interesting read tho ive never been a fan of spies.. But they can make life easier! :p

DeletedUser

Yes I can and will.

Let me tell you a little story from the Namaz front. Namaz recently got him new co-players, the information was forwarded and mail opened by the Co, however he didn't pass it on and quit shortly, so Namaz is left with several incomings in the morning and he decides to go through his mails. Guess what he finds? The mail. After a bit of raging and some quick sending of stacks to the frontlines, thats not all, then he had to go away and find a sitter. It wasn't exactly easiest to jump on a account getting attacked and which you've never sat before but still, here are the results of your Operation in which NO prior information reached the owner that he had to act on;
Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: Namaz

Side 2:
Tribes: Death{
Players:

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 0
Side 2: 0
Difference: 0

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 0
Side 2: 0
Difference: 0

image.php

Also, you already answered yourself,
Because you sure don't know how to work together as a tribe. I've proved that when I nobled one of your member* a few weeks after starting

He was isolated and we thought he could handle himself. As for not lifting a finger, we did account sit him and send resources, he thought himself that he was alright but it seems he was mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not really sure one can have issue with them for spying when it seems like the spy approached them in order to save their own skin. That's the real shame, that a player values his own survival over that of a decent shot at beating a bigger tribe.

C'est la vie I guess.

Seemed like a pretty decent plan to try though. I do trust that you're not letting 'Major Trauma' survive though? Surely he becomes top of your target list?

DeletedUser

Having spies is such a low blow, because when you war someone you set up the ground rules, just like the USA did with USSR, they messaged them saying "Hey dear USSR, We the United States would like to set up some ground rules for this war, no more nuking, remember Japan?! , that's enough, oh and no spies please." This is a war, there are no rules deal with it.

Since when is Spying actually cheating?! That's a new rule I didn't know of.

And you've definitely proved that Jungle doesn't know how to work as a tribe, that's why they are still ranked 3rd, you nobled one village and you think you're THE man, sorry to disappoint you, you're not. So the logic here is you noble a village in the start up and you prove right there that a tribe doesn't work. Awesome man, just awesome. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Nothing wrong with spies in my opinion, They are a valuable resource in any war (RL or otherwise).

If this person approached Discord with information, Why wouldn't he use it? If he believed it to be true surly only a fool wouldn't act upon it.

It may have been a double bluff by said spy to mislead. But you can't just dismiss information like that without considering all the possibilities.

Again this is just my opinion,

Roger S

DeletedUser

[clt]Subterfuge is a perfectly legitimate tactic, you need to realise that sending waves of troops is only one of many ways of winning wars in this game.

You need to think outside the box, there are ways to prevent against spying, its not easy but it can be done.

Good luck![/clt]

DeletedUser

Isn't there a common belief in the REAL world that information wins wars? Sure, it's the men and women who fight with this information that do the work, but it's the information that's gathered that allows them to be effective and efficient in what they do and where they do it. This is through information gathering techniques INCLUDING spying...so if it's good enough for our current world military's, why isn't it good enough for tribes in this game to do it? Think about it...