What happened to TR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Since all the threads have been closed (a little prematurely!?)...

Congrats to W1N/T4H. To be honest, I think most of the damage to TR was done internally.

We had a highly centralised command structure with very little granularity. We weren't even organised into squads until after the craptacular "mass offensive" on K43 (about 3 weeks ago).

There were a few who voiced some discontent at our organisation (some months ago). Some left or were kicked when arguments escalated, others fell silent (myself included). Maybe our leaders could coordinate 200+ players from the top down - they deserved the benefit of the doubt.

I do not wish to criticise those who lead TR. I know they put a lot of time into the tribe and I appreciate how far they took us. I know that someone on high opposed the formation of area based squads. I believe it was this that ultimately turned TR into a lumbering giant; too vast to know itself, too slow to react effectively, too inflexible to adapt to changing circumstances.

Anyway, thanks to everyone in TR and best of luck wherever you end up.

DeletedUser

So all in all... Poor leadership... :lol:

Maybe LordLazio isn't (Or rather : wasn't) as good a leader as TR members thought ? o_O

DeletedUser

I think the spy was our downfall. W1N knew everything even before most of our tribe mates. To combate this our leaders chose to mail everything so W1N players wouldnt know who was actually intending to send nobles at them. No planner, no threads, ...no organization.

DeletedUser2722

Congrats to W1N/T4H. To be honest, I think most of the damage to TR was done internally

Thanks, however, internal matters, or not, TR fell apart due to being at war
with a superior force... those internal issues were a direct result of the panic
and confusion inflicted on TR by their enemies!

If it were not for W1N and T4H going to war with the Runaways, then they
would no doubt still be here today eating all our farms...

...oh wait, they are still here, only under a new banner; the "Offical Runaway
Club
", lol! :icon_biggrin:

So you are wrong... the Runaways imploded and jumped ship once their n00b
leaders had long abandoned them in the face of defeat! (nod)

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

I think the spy was our downfall. W1N knew everything even before most of our tribe mates. To combate this our leaders chose to mail everything so W1N players wouldnt know who was actually intending to send nobles at them. No planner, no threads, ...no organization.

Whoa!!!

1 Spy brought about the downfall of a 200+ member family :icon_eek:

Says tonne's about TR ... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser2722

I think you will find all worthy tribes have spies, so if the Runaways did indeed
have spies lurking in their forums, then it's a complement, lol!

But for you to use this an excuse, however, is just ridiculous -- we have our
fair share of spies who leaked info to the coalition, but due to our superior
players and leadership, they have little effect! :icon_cool:

Your n00bish leaders who abandoned the sinking ship are to blame for their
short-sightedness, bad manners and mass recruiting a tribe of useless narbs!

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

Think it had more to do with the fact you lost over 1000 villas in just one month.........

I could be wrong though :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You know what i mean. Obviously all things considered came together to bring us down. The spy just made us change our regular process. A lot of players were left in the dark and didnt care anymore to try and find out what was going on. I personally thought it would be best to just continue with our regular process even though the spy was relaying everything to W1N. This would have been familiar with TR players and atleast more manageable for all players. In no way am I saying we would have won (T4H pulling their cowardice move really got the jump on us), but I think we would have put up a much better fight and many of the inactives would still be here

DeletedUser1942

TR were an awful tribe - it was said all along, that they were cowards who would run away or find excuses not to actually war!

DeletedUser

@Abdo

Runaways?

NonePuRe 218th June 2009 - 22:00:0298PuRe 2-EPIC-30th July 2009 - 16:00:0210,084-EPIC-DOA27th October 2009 - 04:00:01256,894DOANone28th October 2009 - 16:00:02261,714NoneDOA11th November 2009 - 01:00:02537,160DOAW1N23rd December 2009 - 01:00:021,036,531

DeletedUser

Much too friendly, I can agree with that. Instead of conquering lands we invited members in. Sure some of the more skilled members were still able to gain experiance because they wanted to attack and gain new clusters. Others were completely focused on nobling barbs. I have had this belief all along, but could never throw my tribe under the bus while it still existed.

Have to agree with you there Atan. Abdo is a very impressive player, but he too has a history of running.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1942

Have to agree with you there Atan. Abdo is a very impressive player, but he too has a history of running

They dont need me to defend them lol - but when did Abdo run from anyone???

DeletedUser2722

You know what i mean. Obviously all things considered came together to bring us down. The spy just made us change our regular process. A lot of players were left in the dark and didnt care anymore to try and find out what was going on. I personally thought it would be best to just continue with our regular process even though the spy was relaying everything to W1N. This would have been familiar with TR players and atleast more manageable for all players. In no way am I saying we would have won (T4H pulling their cowardice move really got the jump on us), but I think we would have put up a much better fight and many of the inactives would still be here

Spies are unfortunately part of the game and like I said, all worthy tribes
have them.

The difference here is, we clearly had superior leadership who recruited
the best, rather than mass-recruiting a tribe full of cowards.

In truth, I do feel sorry for the Runaway's active members who were up
for a fight and play the game the way it is meant to be played, however,
these only made up the minority.

Here's a tip for LordLazlo and the other Runaway leaders (whom I shall
put full blame on the Runaway's collapse) for future worlds...

Do NOT mass recruit a tribe of cowardly n00bs who are not prepared
to fight, they will only hold you back and leak info to your enemies...

...it's little wonder you were riddled with spies! :icon_confused:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser2722

Abdo is a very impressive player, but he too has a history of running.

When did I run?

I seem to remember being a Christ figure standing alone against 5x tribes...
show me a village Abdo lost to the enemy! :icon_wink:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

So anyway TR are dead and a couple of tribes have evolved from the mess. The leaders did a good job but took the spy thing to seriously and in the end members weren't contributing to fakes and that sort of thing. Yes stutzy that is directed at you.

The leaders didn't abandon us. Too much to do and pressure mounted as players weren't given instructions.

So anyway W1N going to continue barging there way through the lines of tribeless players?

DeletedUser

Abdo moving from tribe to tribe. Honourable would be stick with your mates and not moving to superpowers. (Everyone has done this, it is not an insult, just an observation)

DeletedUser

TR were an awful tribe - it was said all along, that they were cowards who would run away or find excuses not to actually war!

Why would TR declare on W1N before securing their western border, and the safe zones that came with it? SWARM was backed into a corner and would surely have used the opportunity to strike TR from behind. W1N tried to goad TR into attacking prematurely, but that bit we got right. Do you really believe your own propaganda? *sigh*

DeletedUser2722

Abdo moving from tribe to tribe. Honourable would be stick with your mates and not moving to superpowers. (Everyone has done this, it is not an insult, just an observation)

I'm still with the active members of the tribe I founded; PuRe2... I think you
need to learn how to use stats properly and look a little deeper! :icon_rolleyes:

We joined DOA after losing all the dead-weight, then we joined W1N after
clearing all the dead-weight in DOA... thus making a far more compact and
super active killing machine that will W1N this world!

So never did I runaway (show me a villa I've lost to the enemy), nor will I
ever runaway from a fight! -.-

Now this is off topic, so if you and Atan wish to talk about Abdo further,
then please put up a thread in our honor! :icon_cool:

--Abdo--

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.